Haikoo Cleans Up Alot

Haikoo

I'm going to keep this simple, as I am on a roll and I'd like to keep rolling.

It's time to clean up...Alot.

alotmonster01-560x373.jpg

Goals:

1. Clean up my Mind- 

I have always enjoyed yoga and always feel better when I keep it in the rotation. This will help clean up the gunk in my brain while continuing to strengthen my foundations and keep building my body back to where I want it to be.  I will be completing the 30 days of Yoga series I found on Youtube. The sessions average around 30 minutes long.  I may throw in some yoga at the gym here and there, too, but my goal is to get through this series in the 6 weeks.

2. Clean up my Body-

This is just a continuation from last challenge. I will limit myself to no more that one meal that involves bread per week, as the stuff makes me feel like junk. When I eliminate the bread it's much easier for me to make healthy eating choices. Also, no more than 1 dessert per week. I found I was driving myself nuts last challenge with having a "zero tolerance" mindset and I'm going to try "one treat" instead.

3. Clean up my Home-

This is going to be in 2 parts. I've always found Flylady to be helpful when it comes to getting things done around my house, so I'm going to rely on her as a guide.

a- Shine my sink daily! This has always been a catapult to keeping other things neat. If I shine the sink, I start doing other little happy things that help.

b- Do the "daily mission" in each week's zone or spend 15 minutes cleaning or de-cluttering in said zone each day.

Let's do this thing!

misc-clean-all-the-things.jpg

• Like 7

STR 7.2 | DEX 3.5 | STA 5.8 | CON 8.4 | WIS 5.55 | CHA 5.5

Most Recent Challenge

Mwah!

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

I LOVE Yoga With Adriene, she's such a great teacher and funny too!  Some of my favorite yoga videos for sure. :)

(I want to hug that alot, a lot. Hee.)

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

» visit me @ my BATTLE LOG~

And you were worried nobody would find you in Druids. :P

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Welcome! Great goals! And allowing yourself a treat now and then is part of living a balanced life. Well done on learning that lesson!

I too am doing stuff for my home as part of my challenge. Fellow Flybaby here... although I no longer follow as strictly, I learned a lot about creating my routines and staying consistent and being kind to myself from FlyLady. :D

Lusitanian Druid, Level 9
STR: 13 | DEX: 15 | STA: 17 | CON: 22 | WIS: 25 | CHA: 25

“We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.†- Aristotle

Current Challenge: Living the Good Life II Past: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th,  8th9th, 10th11th, 12th

Goal: 1001 Steps on the Road to a Home -> 18/348 in 2015 

5.27%
5.27%

Goal: loose 9KG in 2015 -> 1.5KG lost 

16.67%
16.67%

but but... SEE WHAT I DID THERE??

I like your thread alot ... I like your thread a lot... :D

Yes! Yes, I did ;) 

Welcome! Great goals! And allowing yourself a treat now and then is part of living a balanced life. Well done on learning that lesson!

I too am doing stuff for my home as part of my challenge. Fellow Flybaby here... although I no longer follow as strictly, I learned a lot about creating my routines and staying consistent and being kind to myself from FlyLady. :D

Thanks!  I really like her. I can't follow it to a T, either, but it certainly makes it all less overwhelming! She's a great lady.

uy4OD8h.gif

bwahahhahahaha! :D

tumblr_lj7jtnksc61qzayo1o1_r1_500.gif

Most exciting is YOu being here! :D

Most Recent Challenge

3. Clean up my Home-

This is going to be in 2 parts. I've always found Flylady to be helpful when it comes to getting things done around my house, so I'm going to rely on her as a guide.

a- Shine my sink daily! This has always been a catapult to keeping other things neat. If I shine the sink, I start doing other little happy things that help.

b- Do the "daily mission" in each week's zone or spend 15 minutes cleaning or de-cluttering in said zone each day.

Yay for being an adult! Something I need to work on. Best of luck :)

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

On Friday night, I had the rare opportunity to go out on a date with CoLdBoot  (or, the hubby for those not in the know). With 3 kids, it can be quite the feat to get some time on our own. Our usual sitters (the grandparents) are out of town right now, so we enlisted the aunt and uncle (Coldboot's sister & her hubby) to watch them. It was a whirlwind drop off after a 4pm soccer game for the girl, then we were off.

We went to eat at the local Brazilion grill  (the kind of place that serves meat on a sword) and it was delish, as usual. This building is a historical landmark that used to house the Woman's Club of Madison, so there is a stage in the restaurant. Right now it houses some extra seating and this interesting piece of metal sculpture:

iHTniRA.jpg?2

Not the greatest picture, my apologies. The lighting was not ideal for my inferior phone camera. We were seated at the table just to the right of this sculpture. While we were eating, an older gentleman had come up onto the stage and was admiring the sculpture. After a few moments, he approached and graced us with a great story about this piece.

Apparently, this gentleman  shared a metal shop with the artist (George Francis). If the picture isn't clear, it represents a matador being gored by a bull. Mr. Francis had spent a period of his life living in Spain, from which he drew his inspiration. The piece weighs around a ton and took over 2000 hours to create. The man shared that his friend nearly died 3 times while making it. Once, his shirt caught on fire. Another time, ironically, the head of the bull fell on him and he was gored by the horn, which required stitches. Still another time, the thing fell on him.  He wanted the matador's tie to be red, but he had trouble finding just the right oxidation process to give him the color he wanted. He first tried dropping the tie into a bucket of water. He left it there, outside for a year. It proved to be the wrong shade so he polished that off. He kept trying with various acids and still had trouble finding the right shade. Finally, in desperation, he threw the thing in the shop sink and peed on it. This was how he achieved his color of choice. 

gRc1wbm.jpg?2

Again, I couldn't get a good picture due to the lighting, but it does show a little bit of detail, if not the color. 

In the end, the friend (whom we later realized was John Wiley, former chancellor at UW--a local celebrity of sorts) shared that he was there with members of Mr. Francis' family this night to have a drink in his honor. He passed away in October. We thanked him for sharing such a unique story and smiled as we enjoyed the rest of our dinner. This story will be a great memory for us.

After our lovely dinner, we made the brisk walk to Shannon Hall  at the Union to see 2 Cellos in concert! This was a late birthday present of sorts for Coldboot. We had a great time! They were quite fun to watch. The lights were a bit blinding at times for those of us on the balcony, but the music was great. At one point, Steppan broke a string --in the middle of Smooth Criminal. It was a great comic scene. I kind of wish I had be recording at the time. 

I did grab one poor pic and a snippet of their Resistance cover. Muse happens to be one of my fave bands. :)  It was a great date night!

XWwxLlG.jpg?2

• Like 2

Most Recent Challenge

Super clean! 

tumblr_n8vchz5Fag1rvhqlvo1_400.gif

:D Yes, like that.

Today was a good Day 1. My sink is shining. I spent 15 mins in my bedroom getting rid of some crap. I just finished Day 1 of 30 Days of Yoga.  I took both my bread strike and my dessert strike today. It was planned, as we ate out as a fundraiser for the kids' school. I, so I'm not too concerned. :) 

Annie (one of the cats) was seriously excited about my yoga. She was rubbing all over me while I was down on the mat. When I was laying in Shavasana, she kept trying to lick my face and eye. Now I have itchy eye and bumps. Stupid allergy.

• Like 3

Most Recent Challenge