Evicious's tail won't stop twitching

Evicious

Wow!

The Best Warrior Competition certainly sounds like a meat grinder, but I can also see how some people who are brave enough to do it "should" be noticed. In my opinion there are too many ways for a person to "get out" of doing something in life nowadays, I seem to remember a lot more "I don't care what you want you're doing it!" when I was younger.

All that rambling is my way of saying that I'm proud of you to stand up and even try this, and I'm looking forward to hearing more about your efforts to prepare and training.

If we are talking about the same obstacle, tall log was my nemesis, too. I have been practicing this technique, which is easier/more efficient than the typical method:

i may do that. i used to make little meat muffins for protein snacks, so i can do that plus sauce.

all that sounds pretty fun actually. i think everyone here would be rooting for you, but only if it's what you truly want to do.

Thanks, petefeet, Phoe-B, and kzacher! PT test for the pre-BWC is this morning! I'll be back to let everyone know how it goes.

Omg the stories! Keep writing (and squatting, and being awesome)!

You are quite the writer!  And that Best Warrior challenge sounds like a beast.  Good luck!

Glad y'all are enjoying Evi's little adventures :P More to come for sure!

• Like 4

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

Eagerly waiting to hear how the pre-BWC testing went this morning, though something tells me you did well <g>.

Well, it was definitely not my best PT test ever (only scored 223) but my run time had already improved since the last one (18:36 - approximately a minute faster). One of the guys disqualified himself on the situps, so that leaves just me and the other guy in the running. Next up: 4 mile ruck and a board (ugh!)

• Like 6

Keep up the momentum!

Well, it was definitely not my best PT test ever (only scored 223) but my run time had already improved since the last one (18:36 - approximately a minute faster). One of the guys disqualified himself on the situps, so that leaves just me and the other guy in the running. Next up: 4 mile ruck and a board (ugh!)

Good luck, even if the competition aspect is not your thing, it sounds like a hell of a way to boost yourself out of your comfort zone!

• Like 2

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

Good luck on the rick! How far was the run on your PT test? A minute faster sounds like a great improvment to me ( but I run like the proverbial turtle in peanut butter 😄)

• Like 1

the year of living trippily

So Very Current: Self-Care    Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

Good luck, even if the competition aspect is not your thing, it sounds like a hell of a way to boost yourself out of your comfort zone!

Thanks! It is definitely that!

Good luck on the rick! How far was the run on your PT test? A minute faster sounds like a great improvment to me ( but I run like the proverbial turtle in peanut butter )

Thank you :) The Army standard for a PT test run is 2 miles. And hello, fellow turtle! How's the peanut butter where you are? :P The elevation where I am is killer when you aren't used to it (4,623ft); I was cocky when I first came here some months ago, and thought it wouldn't be a problem for me since I've previously lived in the area. Oh, how wrong I was!!! But I didn't find that out until my first PT test. Even though I was working out, it was all strength and zero cardio - I was absolutely floored with how hard it was to run up here!

• Like 3

Keep up the momentum!

Then a minutes improvement is a full 30 seconds a mile! That's great!

The last time I visited Denver I thought I was handling the elevation great until I ran up a flight of stairs at a museum and nearly blacked out at the top. Oxygen: apparently very important!

• Like 3

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)

that's awesome!!! i'm pulling for ya. 1 minute off your time is a huge deal i think

• Like 1

Then a minutes improvement is a full 30 seconds a mile! That's great!

The last time I visited Denver I thought I was handling the elevation great until I ran up a flight of stairs at a museum and nearly blacked out at the top. Oxygen: apparently very important!

Thanks :) Yes, it is one chemical that I want every second of every minute of every hours of every.... :P

that's awesome!!! i'm pulling for ya. 1 minute off your time is a huge deal i think

Thank you :) And now, I hast must needs to heal so I can get back to improving my run times (as well as my other numbers!)

• Like 3

Keep up the momentum!

I was out riding today and saw a guy jogging with a GIANT army-looking backpack and thought of you, and so when I passed him I said, "ruck training?" and gave him the thumbs up when he nodded. He looked like he wanted to die. You are doing some amazing stuff if that's what you're up to!

go get em!

• Like 2

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)

Heal? I hope you haven't done yourself a mischief.

Blisters was all. The one on my left foot covered the entire bottom of my heel pad; after a couple of days my ex-Army medic husband had to slice 'n' dice through the layers to relieve the pressure from the fluid build up - it had bubbled up almost a quarter of an inch. I had a couple of coin-sized ones on my right foot, but they're doing better and are almost completely flattened now (probably due to having to bear most of my weight while lefty settled down). I may still have to pop them, but I reeeaallly hope not: I need those bad boys to turn into calluses! The lack of was what brought me all this trouble in the first place.

Military life: Where you need calluses just to wear the shoes. :tongue:

I was out riding today and saw a guy jogging with a GIANT army-looking backpack and thought of you, and so when I passed him I said, "ruck training?" and gave him the thumbs up when he nodded. He looked like he wanted to die. You are doing some amazing stuff if that's what you're up to!

go get em!

LOL Yeah, it is NO fun - not even after you're trained up. It never actually stops hurting; your back and shoulders and knees and feet keep screaming, you just have to keep humpin' it until they lose their voices. ;) Rucking is one of those "simple - not easy" things in life. But it's great for building mental grit (and calluses)!

Just checking in, have a great week 4!

*Groan* Is it Week 4 already?! Looks like yet another challenge at which I have only been consistent in my inconsistency! *sigh* :/

• Like 4

Keep up the momentum!

Eewwww. I can totally see it, too, 'cuz I just watched a beautiful documentary on Netflix about some friends hiking through the Sierra Mountains. By day five, they had some pretty gnarly blisters. Here's to awesome calluses!

• Like 1

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

*Groan* Is it Week 4 already?! Looks like yet another challenge at which I have only been consistent in my inconsistency! *sigh* :/

If you're having a problem with consistency try prune juice! <g>

Hope your feet are healing up.

• Like 2

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

If I had blisters like that I would be hiding under the bed, not hoping for calluses! You're twice the nerdfit I'll ever be😃

• Like 2

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)

Saw another kid out ruck training yesterday while riding and of course thought of you - we gave him a big "RUCK TRAINING! WHOOO HOOO!" cheer and he gave us a thumbs up :)

• Like 2

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)