Amdhiel's Quest to Become BAMF v4

Amdhiel

Thanks!! :love_heart::love_heart:

It was a little rough but I checked the weather a few times and there wasn't much wind so I figured I'd be fine. It's one of those rare times where I wish I had a car LOL.

Don't bother. I've been saying that for ages and turns out it's a right bugger to make them move properly...
  • Like 1

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: #OperationWeddingSuit

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 

Don't bother. I've been saying that for ages and turns out it's a right bugger to make them move properly...

LOL... I've been driving since I turned 16 so something like 15 years? I'm pretty good at the regular day-to-day driving. Someday, I'd like to take some defensive driving classes. For me the problem is the cost associated with owning a car. I currently pay $58 for a month bus pass rather than $200-400 for a car payment plus gas, insurance and maintenance.

Well done you! And since you now know you didn't die you can do the same thing tomorrow. :)

:love_heart: So true!! I knew I wouldn't die since I've done the early days thing in the past. I think right now it's more a matter of figuring out a good routine so it's easy to get ready in the morning. My default mode is to take all the time in the world to get ready.

• Like 2

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

Week 1, Day 1 - Afternoon Update

No clue if this will turn into my way of updating this challenge but I'll go with it for today.

Hit the gym at lunch and bang out my lifting. I was so brave. Someone else was using the squat cage so I asked how long he would be and he let me work-in so that I could do my squats. He even complimented me on my technique. YAY me!!

• Warmup - 5 min walk
  • Squats 3x8x95
  • Deadlift 1x8x95, 1x8x115, 1x8x130
  • Lunges 3x8x45
  • Hamstring Curls 3x8x30
  • Assissted Pull-ups 2x12x82 assist, 1x9x82 assist (up 2 reps from last week)
  • Like 5

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

Same here, I actually wake up pretty early but then I find a million things to distract myself with in the morning. :tongue:

That is totally me!! I can make 3-4 hours disappear in the morning rather than getting ready. It annoys me because it's never due to doing useful stuff tho >.<.

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

That is totally me!! I can make 3-4 hours disappear in the morning rather than getting ready. It annoys me because it's never due to doing useful stuff tho >.<.

This is why this is my second challenge where my goal is to take more control of my mornings. If only it weren't so easy to get distracted :redface-new: You had a great start to your new routine though.

• Like 1

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 13   Charisma 14   Strength 20  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

So, you are pretty much RULING on day 1.  EXCELLENT!!!!!!

• Like 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

This is why this is my second challenge where my goal is to take more control of my mornings. If only it weren't so easy to get distracted :redface-new: You had a great start to your new routine though.

:love_heart: It's nice to know that I'm not the only one with issues! I'm starting to get a picture of how things need to go to make it all work. Maybe I'll have a plan to try for next week. Ideally, I'd like to be catching the 6:45 bus so I'm at work around 7 but that doesn't need to happen right now.

So, you are pretty much RULING on day 1.  EXCELLENT!!!!!!

Yeah, I think I nailed it. I went to bed on time last night, got up at a good time, did my meditation and caught the bus. Hitting the gym to lift was an added bonus :D. I'm also thinking through my LQ and will be updating that later.

• Like 1

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

Week 1, Day 1 - Wrap-Up

I'd say it was a successful start to my 4th challenge. I managed to hit all my daily goals, get to the gym to lift and I've caught up on some threads and been social. It's going to be interesting but I think I'm already starting to get ideas for how to better wrangle my mornings. I do need to make a few tweak to my quests tho because I don't want to limit myself to only the 7:15/7:45 buses since my real goal is to get on the bus before 8 and work towards getting to work by 7.

• No rest for the wicked - Fell asleep at 10, caught the 7:45 bus
  • Live life in the moment - Meditated for 5 minutes before getting out of bed
  • Feel the burn - Not Today
  • Expand the mind - 15 minutes

Small Wins

• Completed my initial morning routine
  • Setup my challenge tracking spreadsheet
  • Went to the gym at lunch
  • Did squats with 95lbs
  • Coordinated with other person using the squat rack (so rare)
  • Paid first installment for camp
  • Filled out my camper profile
  • Rooming with shaarawy @ camp :love_heart:
  • Hit over 10k steps even w/ the cold
  • Got my prescriptions refilled
  • Like 5

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

ced092ffa788f1d1aa85b0af8f9406f8.jpg

CAMP CAMP CAMP!!! [emoji2] [emoji178]

• Like 3

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...

»  kom starkru

Wait, camper profile? When/where was that bit? Can't remember if I did this when I paid my deposit.

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 

Wait, camper profile? When/where was that bit? Can't remember if I did this when I paid my deposit.

It was step 2 after paying your deposit. Mine gave me the option after submitting the deets to pay the deposit.

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

It was step 2 after paying your deposit. Mine gave me the option after submitting the deets to pay the deposit.

Just to be clear, it is my understanding the camper profile page doesn't show up until after your 2nd payment (where you either pay in full, or make the first of 3 planned payments)

Also, I am here for the AWESOME! (and to stalk a fellow camper)

• Like 1

Just to be clear, it is my understanding the camper profile page doesn't show up until after your 2nd payment (where you either pay in full, or make the first of 3 planned payments)

Also, I am here for the AWESOME! (and to stalk a fellow camper)

Yay for more campers (stalkers)!! And that's odd because I did the payment plan and was asked to fill out a camper profile after submitting my payment details.

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

When did you put down your deposit? I was an "Early Bird" and put mine down back in November. 2 days ago, I got the an email asking to pay the balance or start a payment plan. Here is an excerpt.

First, I wanted to thank you once again for being one of the first people to reserve your spot last fall with a deposit. You rock... seriously. 

I also want to make sure you have all the information you need to finish and complete your reservation. Starting today, we're making an easy two step process available to you:
  1. Start a payment plan for your balance remaining (or pay in full).
  2. Fill in your private Camper Profile page.

I haven't gotten around to paying the balance, but that is when I expect to see the profile page. I assume Big_Show is in the same boat...

• Like 3

When did you put down your deposit? I was an "Early Bird" and put mine down back in November. 2 days ago, I got the an email asking to pay the balance or start a payment plan. Here is an excerpt.

First, I wanted to thank you once again for being one of the first people to reserve your spot last fall with a deposit. You rock... seriously. 

I also want to make sure you have all the information you need to finish and complete your reservation. Starting today, we're making an easy two step process available to you:
  1. Start a payment plan for your balance remaining (or pay in full).
  2. Fill in your private Camper Profile page.

I haven't gotten around to paying the balance, but that is when I expect to see the profile page. I assume Big_Show is in the same boat...

Ohhh... yeah I got in as an early bird with a deposit and yesterday I submitted stuff for my payment plan. Apparently, my use of correct words is sorely lacking :love_heart:. Deposit and paying off balance/setting up payment plan do NOT mean the same thing. I guess it's that type of morning.

• Like 2

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

YAY!! I haven't seen you in a while, how's it going?

My first thought was "The turtle moves." but then I thought maybe not everybody has read Discworld novels like I have? lol. Uhh, busy! I slacked off for the last challenge - kept the diet up, more or less, but didn't work out as much - partly because school was still kicking me around but now I feel like I have a better handle on things so I'm back and planning on working harder than evah. :D To that end, I'm going to be going to an actual gym and picking up heavy things with a friend who does powerlifting on Wednesday. :D

• Like 1

My body tells me no, but I want more! I. Want. More!

Current Challenge
Pavel Sneaks Back In

Level 2

Half Orc

Assassin

All makes sense now - no doubt I'll get an email soon to sort out the rest of the payment. All getting very real now!

• Like 3

My first thought was "The turtle moves." but then I thought maybe not everybody has read Discworld novels like I have? lol. Uhh, busy! I slacked off for the last challenge - kept the diet up, more or less, but didn't work out as much - partly because school was still kicking me around but now I feel like I have a better handle on things so I'm back and planning on working harder than evah. :D To that end, I'm going to be going to an actual gym and picking up heavy things with a friend who does powerlifting on Wednesday. :D

Sorry to hear that school was treating you badly. And awesome to hear that you managed to stick with your food and get things under control!! Yay for barbell/powerlifting!! I my completely biased opion... You'll love it!! ;)

All makes sense now - no doubt I'll get an email soon to sort out the rest of the payment. All getting very real now!

You may want to check your spam or something. I go my email on 2/22 and you need to do the paper work by EOD March 6.

• Like 2

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

Also 2/22.  I paid the whole thing off in one swoop (thanks tax return) and once you fill out your profile, you can join the Camp 2015 Facebook group!! :D :D

• Like 1

»  kom starkru

Also 2/22.  I paid the whole thing off in one swoop (thanks tax return) and once you fill out your profile, you can join the Camp 2015 Facebook group!! :D :D

Yeah... I joined the FB group but I ofc haven't said anything.

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

Week 1, Day 2 - Lunch Update

My head is really not into the work game right now so...

Last night I was in bed before 10 but didn't get to sleep until 10:45 because I was reading and texting with someone. I *want* to explain it away and say that I completed that part of quest 1 but I didn't. Instead, I made a choice to read/chat and I'm okay with that. On the plus side, I woke up around 5:15, did my meditation and was up and moving by 5:30. I also made the 7:15 bus this morning and walked part of the way to the office.

I'm planning on doing 30-45 minutes of circuits/hitt when I get home and some yoga so I'm still doing well.

Now, if only I could get my head into the work game... maybe a walk is in order...

• Like 4

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

Love all the updates. Thanks for being so diligent. I was also not in the work mood this morning. It's the cold here - or at least that's what I'm blaming. I work in an office after all. Went to the gym at lunch and had a great workout. Ready to crush the rest of the afternoon!

Aces3000 - Wood Elf

Current Challenge - 5/3/1 and Meditation

"An increase of strength comes from the use of strength." - Stave of the Haruchai