Amdhiel's Quest to Become BAMF v4

Amdhiel

Love all the updates. Thanks for being so diligent. I was also not in the work mood this morning. It's the cold here - or at least that's what I'm blaming. I work in an office after all. Went to the gym at lunch and had a great workout. Ready to crush the rest of the afternoon!

Yeah... I think I'm trying something new this round with the updates. I kinda like updating more frequently so I don't forget as much :D.

I wish I could have gone to the gym at lunch but I lifted yesterday so it will wait until tomorrow. Instead, I will be good and work on my cardio/hiit quest tonight. ... I can be good, right?

• Like 1

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

Man, you are a beast to be up at 5:15!  My old job at an emergency animal hospital had me up at 6am and that was just a giant unhappiness. ;_____;

• Like 2

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

Man, you are a beast to be up at 5:15!  My old job at an emergency animal hospital had me up at 6am and that was just a giant unhappiness. ;_____;

Well... I don't mind getting up that early as long as I get to bed at a decent hour but it's not my favorite thing in the world. Thing is that it takes me at least an hour to get ready in the morning so it's a necessary evil.

Week 1, Day 2 - Wrap Up

Mostly positive day even with the lack of focus at work. I made some progress on projects and got my regularly scheduled stuff done. It was really nice being able to leave the office while the sun was still up.

• No rest for the wicked - Fell asleep at 10:45, caught the 7:15 bus
  • Live life in the moment - Meditated for 5 minutes before getting out of bed
  • Feel the burn - 45 minutes split between hiit and a core circuit
  • Expand the mind - Not today

Small Wins

• Completed my initial morning routine
  • Managed to put on some make up
  • Started reading Written in Red by Anne Bishop
  • Foam rolled my quads to help with my knee
  • Like 4

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

I can go to sleep at 6:00am any day, no issues there... but waking up at 6:00am? Not a chance. And before that? IMPOSSIBRU!

So hats off to you for such a feat of uhh determination...

• Like 2

"Unfocused" Wizard // Rationalist of the order of Bayes

Lvl 5 Assassin. Lvl 33 Jack of all trades. 7 STR|6 DEX|7 STA|7 CON|16 WIS|8 CHA

Current challenge Wizard in the making: ero san's continuing road of magic

My drawings Sketchbook, Other afiliations The Loft

You guys must not have young kids [emoji14]

I am up at 5:30am 6 days a week! I get to sleep in on Saturdays while my wife gets to sleep in on Sundays...

Truth!! Although I really enjoy getting up early (err.... earlier) in the summer when the sun is out and it's warm and I can enjoy coffee or the beach. Wintertime, screw it, I'll sleep until 9am if undisturbed!! I think I go into hibernation mode!
  • Like 2

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...

»  kom starkru

I can go to sleep at 6:00am any day, no issues there... but waking up at 6:00am? Not a chance. And before that? IMPOSSIBRU!

So hats off to you for such a feat of uhh determination...

LOL... the sad thing is that even w/o an alarm I'm normally up by 7 unless I stayed up really late or am exhausted

Nice job today! :)

KirkSpockMcCoy_DrinkToThat.gif

Thanks!!

You guys must not have young kids :tongue:

I am up at 5:30am 6 days a week! I get to sleep in on Saturdays while my wife gets to sleep in on Sundays...

Truth!! Although I really enjoy getting up early (err.... earlier) in the summer when the sun is out and it's warm and I can enjoy coffee or the beach. Wintertime, screw it, I'll sleep until 9am if undisturbed!! I think I go into hibernation mode!

Truth... I do not have kids... Instead, I have an alexandrine parakeet who thinks that 7 am is sleeping in too late. If mom is not up by 7 something MUST MUST MUST be wrong and all the chirping will occur.

• Like 3

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

Week 1, Day 3 - Morning Update

Total fail last night with getting to sleep. I got in bed to read around 9 and put the book down around 10. The brain would not turn off at all and did not agree with the idea of sleep even with meditating. I ended up giving up after an hour or so and went back to reading until I finally fell asleep around 2 and woke up around 6 for a whopping 4 hrs of sleep. I still managed to catch the 7:15 bus but I kind of want to go home and take a sick day or WFH after a nap.

I might just do that after I hit the gym to lift.... Taking care of myself does NOT make me a horrible employee... Apparently, today is a day of my head trying to sabbotage everything >.<

• Like 1

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

Taking care of myself does NOT make me a horrible employee... Apparently, today is a day of my head trying to sabbotage everything >.<

Uggggh I am familiar with this feeling. There are days when going to the gym in the middle of the work day makes me feel guilty, I hate taking sick days even if I desperately need it, etc. All in the name of trying to prove that I'm a dedicated employee. There's nothing wrong with taking care of yourself, though!! You're actually a better employee for doing so. It's something I have to remind myself of every time, too. And with as little sleep as you got, taking the rest of the day off or working from home may very well be in your best interest! It was a hard lesson for me to learn last week when I got about that same amount of sleep, went to work anyway, and got almost nothing done. ;;;;;;;;

:love_heart:

• Like 1

Vicki | Sheikah Bard | Level 13

STR 32.5 | DEX 51.1 | STA 25.5 | CON 37.1 | WIS 26.0 | CHA 31.3

blkhoe24601 Gains the Power to Revolutionize the World

Past Challenges: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

2016 Battle Log

Uggggh I am familiar with this feeling. There are days when going to the gym in the middle of the work day makes me feel guilty, I hate taking sick days even if I desperately need it, etc. All in the name of trying to prove that I'm a dedicated employee. There's nothing wrong with taking care of yourself, though!! You're actually a better employee for doing so. It's something I have to remind myself of every time, too. And with as little sleep as you got, taking the rest of the day off or working from home may very well be in your best interest! It was a hard lesson for me to learn last week when I got about that same amount of sleep, went to work anyway, and got almost nothing done. ;;;;;;;;

:love_heart:

That is exactly my struggle. "I'm a terrible employee for taking time off when I'm not actually sick and dying..." is what my head tells me.

The getting nothing done part is exactly why I'm thinking home and bed maybe the smarter option. I can make up the time later in the week and be more productive with that time. Today, all I'll do is make a little bit of progress and probably screw some stuff up that I'll then have to fix.

Thanks for the support and reminding me that its okay to falter and take time off when I need it!! :love_heart::love_heart::love_heart:

• Like 3

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

That is exactly my struggle. "I'm a terrible employee for taking time off when I'm not actually sick and dying..." is what my head tells me.

The getting nothing done part is exactly why I'm thinking home and bed maybe the smarter option. I can make up the time later in the week and be more productive with that time. Today, all I'll do is make a little bit of progress and probably screw some stuff up that I'll then have to fix.

Thanks for the support and reminding me that its okay to falter and take time off when I need it!! :love_heart::love_heart: :love_heart:

Yup yup yup.  Augh.  My brain is also a giant jerk and I HATE taking sick days because of it... I've only taken one since I've been at this job (a little over 3 years)! >_<  I just get so guilty.  I think my problem lies though with past employers trying to guilt trip me FOR taking sick days... I think that's wormed its way into my subconscious and won't let go.

A well rested brain is a productive brain!  Go get you some ZZZ's. :)

• Like 1

»  kom starkru

You guys must not have young kids [emoji14]

I do, and I decided that before 6:00am he has only a mom… :D
  • Like 1

"Unfocused" Wizard // Rationalist of the order of Bayes

Lvl 5 Assassin. Lvl 33 Jack of all trades. 7 STR|6 DEX|7 STA|7 CON|16 WIS|8 CHA

Current challenge Wizard in the making: ero san's continuing road of magic

My drawings Sketchbook, Other afiliations The Loft

Get rest, feel better, keep rocking it out AFTER that, okay?

I was successful and got some more rest and a bit more sleep. Ofc even after 7.5 hrs of sleep last night I woke up tired and did something to my neck.

Week 1, Day 3 - Wrap Up

Yeah so I slept horribly on Tuesday night and only got about 4 hours of sleep. I caught an earlier bus to work which was good and then left early due to the lack of brain. I stopped at the gym to lift before going home because I knew I wouldn't do it otherwise and I didn't want to throw my schedule off.

• Bench 3x8x70
  • Row 3x8x80
  • OHP 1x7x50, 1x6x50, 1x7x50
  • Biceps Curl 2x8x40, 1x5x40
  • Triceps Ext 3x8x27.5

When I got home, I spent the afternoon resting in bed and slept another hour or two. I finished out the day by remembering to eat dinner and doing some foam rolling while watching the last ep of Agent Carter. Not my best day but not the worst either.

• No rest for the wicked - Fell asleep at 2:14, caught the 7:15 bus
  • Feel the burn - Not todad
  • Expand the mind - Not today

Small Wins

• 7:15 bus despite 4hrs of sleep
  • I can up my bench an row on Friday
  • Kept to most of my routine
  • Made a little progress on work stuff
  • Like 5

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

looks like you turned your day nicely and am sure you will have super sweet sleep tonight!!

And if you can keep up with the basics on tough days like these, you'll rock the good ones even more  :triumphant:

Very impressed with the willpower you showed for gym  :rapture:

• Like 1

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

looks like you turned your day nicely and am sure you will have super sweet sleep tonight!!

And if you can keep up with the basics on tough days like these, you'll rock the good ones even more  :triumphant:

Very impressed with the willpower you showed for gym  :rapture:

I think another night of good sleep will do me well so I plan to tucker myself out with my HIIT and mountain climbers tonight.

Going to the gym actually requires little to no willpower because it's soooo satisfying :love_heart:!! Although, yesterday was a bit rough because I forgot my sports bra but I was able to pick another one up.

Week 1, Day 4 - Morning Update

I made it to bed by 10 last night!!! I didn't wake up feeling completely rested but it was better than yesterday. I ended up moving really slowly and would have had to buy breakfast in order to make the bus. I decided it was better to take the 8:15 bus and eat at home to save the $8 rather than try to rush out of the house. It was a good plan that led to a non-stressful morning.

I also got my meditation done and am up to a 9 day streak since I started working on this last week.

Tonight I'll be doing another HIIT workout with moar mounatin climbers to help with the assassin mini.

• Like 6

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

Thanks guys so much for this extended discussion about the camp payments... because my email somehow went to my spam folder and I would have totally missed it! Hah.

Great challenge set up, Amdhiel. You look like you're off to a great start!

Glad to be of service with camp stuff and Thanks!!

Week 1, Day 4 - Wrap Up

As I said earlier, I slept better last night but it didn't make up for the crappy night prior. Going a bit slower in the morning made the day go much better and I think it turned out pretty well. At least from an exercise POV I think I'm getting into a good rhythm. 6 months ago I would have never even tried to do HIIT stuff. I remember just doing the BBWW killed me. It's pretty satisfying to see the progress. Now it's time to spend a bunch more time working out the knots in my legs. It's hard to remember that LAX balls are my friends when my calves are knotted up :grief: at least I have an ep of Arrow to keep me company.

• No rest for the wicked - Fell asleep at 10:05, caught the 8:15 bus
  • Feel the burn - 30 mins of HIIT circuit
  • Expand the mind - 30 mins

Small Wins

• Decent amount of sleep
  • Picked up frozen veggies
  • Updated my budget
  • Like 3

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

HIIT is fun! Or at least satisfying when you've finished it.

And I found out in my last challenge that massaging the knots out of your legs regularly really does make a difference, as painful as it seems at the time...

• Like 2

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: #OperationWeddingSuit

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 

Glad to be of service with camp stuff and Thanks!!

Week 1, Day 4 - Wrap Up

As I said earlier, I slept better last night but it didn't make up for the crappy night prior. Going a bit slower in the morning made the day go much better and I think it turned out pretty well. At least from an exercise POV I think I'm getting into a good rhythm. 6 months ago I would have never even tried to do HIIT stuff. I remember just doing the BBWW killed me. It's pretty satisfying to see the progress. Now it's time to spend a bunch more time working out the knots in my legs. It's hard to remember that LAX balls are my friends when my calves are knotted up :grief: at least I have an ep of Arrow to keep me company.

• No rest for the wicked - Fell asleep at 10:05, caught the 8:15 bus
  • Feel the burn - 30 mins of HIIT circuit
  • Expand the mind - 30 mins

Small Wins

• Decent amount of sleep
  • Picked up frozen veggies
  • Updated my budget

Celebrating your small wins with you!  Congrats on the sleep-- that's very good. 

• Like 1

Granny Nogg - Level 10 Warrior

Battle Log| Challenge 8 |Challenge 9 | Challenge 10

My Job | My Epic Quest | Instagram

"Those are not my monkeys."