lucky fire dragon levels up her dance

Lucky fire dragon levels up her Dance

d2.jpg

Quest 1: Level up my dance (+1STR +3DEX)

- train 3x/week on the pole, signed up for LEVEL 2 course block starting beginning of March and am super excited as it took me a year to feel confident in Level 1+, literally levelling up here, wheeeeeee

- keep up 15min or more of yoga 5x/ week

chill-out sessions, flexibility and easing into the morning count as well

Bonus level: train one new pose/week, either yoga or pole

The bonus level won't get any points, but will feel good, therefore - bonus ;)

Quest 2: Level up my strength (+2STR +3STA)

- train 2x/week with dumbbells

am a total newbie with this, only tried it out once so far, but loved it and am curious what it will do for my strength to make the pole moves easier, plus hoping for a little weight loss, which will also make the pole moves easier  :playful:

got us good training plan (seems to me) and will start with 50% of max weight to ease into it and make sure technique is good before adding more weight - does that sound right to you guys??

- train 3x/week HIIT with skipping rope for heart strength

did my second training with that today, 3sets of 1 minute fast skipping with 1 min slow skipping for rest in-between. Am proud to say this time I managed better and counted 110 skips/min, let's see how many I can do at the end of this challenge, let's gain some speeeeeeeeeeed

article-2093665-1183B8E2000005DC-939_634

Bonus level: add foam rolling for more mobility 2-3x/week

This is, if  there is time, but I could add it in after the HIIT sessions as they really don't take long or maybe after pole training at home, too, to prevent DOMS, will have to see what works best

Quest 3: Level up my balance (+1WIS +2CON)

- keep up the email ninja 5x/week

being in and out so quickly no one can even see me - loved it during the last challenge, definite keeper

- level up the water intake to 2 liters/day for 4x/week and 2,5 liters for 3x/week

2 Liters is good, but 2,5 is often better, don't want to do this too strict but give my body room for day-to-day feedback in its needs. It's just if I drink any less than those 2 liters, I don't feel my natural thirst so much any more whereas if I do drink those 2 liters regularly I do feel when I need more

Bonus level: be pro-active on a medium or long-term work project for 30min 3x/week

they tend to be left aside, but every time I kick my ass to proceed on them it gives me a huge boost overall. Plus they mean more income long-term

d12.jpg

Quest 4: Level up my joy (+1WIS +2CHA)

- keep up the daily meditation

- spend 15min or more on something fun and creative (drawing, baking, playing games with kids, playing my harp again - which I haven't done in years, try new recipe, embroidery, gardening, rearranging a part of the house,...)

Bonus level: spend daily quality time with at least one family member or good friend

I spend so much of my day being there for other people that this part can come short and I really don't want it to. These are the most important people in my life, I will treasure them more consciously again  :wub:

Sooooooooo, here's to new powers and joy, fellow rebels, let's take off into a GRAND Challenge!!

rbbb-dc-2013-2.jpg

Before pics and measurements will follow still, although I might be lazy and just use the after ones from last challenge as the one week probably didn't make that much difference...

Will rather feed the thread with up-to-date pole achievements throughout the challenge  ^_^

• Like 9

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

Week 1 summary

Quest 1: Level up my dance

- pole training 3/3

- 15 min yoga 6/5

Bonus: new pose was dancer's pose, loved it, although I can't say I have mastered it yet  :playful:

Quest 2: Level up my strength

- dumbbell workout 1/2 (came home too late on Sunday, will have to make a different plan next time I go away over a weekend)

- HIIT 2/3 (same here, but still happy with the progress of the 2 I did)

Bonus: foam rolling, done once

Quest 3: Level up my balance

- Email ninja 5/5 (had to do one on Saturday, but that was fine and I managed despite travel plans, yay)

- water intake: 4x2 liters, 1x 2,5 liters, 2x3 liters -> A++ here

Bonus: pro-active on translation project for quite a bit more than 3x30min

Quest 4: Level up my joy

- daily meditation going well

- creative part was interesting, I did do it, but feel I want to expand on that still and it's not coming as easy yet as I want it to, may it expand some more :)

Bonus: quality time with family members was definitely had, yes, LIFE  :cheerful:

Experience gained:

- Monday is a tough day to workout, might have to accept that, it's usually a full workday, which gives me a head-start on office things and such - important too and sets me at ease

- if I plan going away on weekend, I need to plan ahead plenty and it pays off in extra joy on weekend

- regular pole training at home is coming ever easier, am MISSING it now when I haven't trained for 2 days  ^_^

- dumbbells still make me feel like a strong badass chick, even if the actual loads are tiny :D

- want to expand on the creative side still, so much life wanting to be lived....

- beginning to like my shape in the mirror, yay and had 3 days of 66kg greeting me on the scale in the mornings, yayyyyyyyy

• Like 3

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

Week 2 summary

Quest 1: Level up my dance

- pole training 3/3

- 15 min yoga 6/5

Bonus: new pole move crossed-knee-release, whooooohooooooooo

Quest 2: Level up my strength

- dumbbell workout 0/2 (could justify, but could have also found a way to do them, was just not priority this week)

- HIIT 2/3 which is a good quota for this week and I am happy with my progress on it

Bonus: foam rolling, done once briefly, lots of room for improving that one ;)

Quest 3: Level up my balance

- Email ninja 5/5

- water intake: 4x2 liters, 2x 2,5 liters, 1x3 liters -> A+

Bonus: pro-active on translation project for quite did do my 3x30min in the end

- daily meditation going well, but want to deepen that 

- creative part was sluggish this week as I tended to feel overwhelmed and sluggish towards the second half of the week

Bonus: quality time with family members was had and I love them all sooooo much!!

Experience gained:

• Monday is confirmed as not a good workout day, rather good office day which gives me a weekstartbooster and will be a day of easy-button as chiming in the new week  ^_^
  • Tuesday seems to be the day to do it all, workout wise, might as well mark it in the calender :D
  • softening is as important as strengthening
  • yoga without "program" is doing me really good right now, will build on that
  • I can do the CKR on the pole!!!!!! Also training steady 3x/week really did pay off, will def keep that on!
  • un-challenging might be needed from time to time
  • less time in front of the box is really healthy for me

With all this gained lets surf into a smoooooooooooooth week 3, shall we??

08surf600.jpg

Week 3 summary

Quest 1: Level up my dance - B

- pole training 2/3 - B

- 15 min yoga x 5 did 4x 30 min instead, which totals to more but less regularly, so B on that

Bonus: still cross-knee hangback  :love_heart:

Quest 2: Level up my strength - D

- dumbbell workout 0/2 (same as in week 2 could justify, but could have also found a way to do them, was just not priority this week)

- HIIT 2/3 if I count the skating for it, too

Bonus: nope

Quest 3: Level up my balance - A

- Email ninja 5/5

- water intake: 3x2 liters, 2x 2,5 liters, 2x3 liters -> A+

Bonus: pro-active on translation project at least 3x30min, probably more despite birthday week

Quest 4: Level up my joy - A

- daily meditation going well, despite lots of action  

- creative part was had in many ways

Bonus: quality time with family members was had a LOT  :love-struck:

Experience gained:

- it's really good to plan nothing else on birthday party days ;)

- it's really not good to skip my workouts for too long

- I love all my family sooooooo much!

- I can skate with inline skates even though I am totally chicken for the first 20 min and won't attempt any hills for a while

- creating my own yoga sequences is great!

- best time to do my yoga is in the mornings, otherwise it might not happen

- dumbbells are obviously too low a priority after all, seeing as I struggle to make that training happen when lots of things are going on

- can do less push-ups than I used to and might go back to Angry Bird Workouts for a while again

- IT'S ALL ABOUT THE JOY

tumblr_m59ojg4AYN1qb9pa3o1_500.gif

Week 4 summary

Quest 1: Level up my dance - A

- pole training 3/3 

- 15 min yoga x 5 did 3x 30 min instead, again less regularly but will let it pass as morning rhythm wasn't all possible this week, am looking for ways to juice this up again

Bonus: still cross-knee hangback, sometimes even without hands, yay

Quest 2: Level up my strength - D

- as the dumbbell workout just wasn't happening any more, I started a 100 push ups in 6 weeks program to at least train some strength besides pole, positive that will work better as it takes a lot less time so I can fit it in more often, aiming for 3x/week instead of dumbbell 2x/week 1/3, also adding sets of 8-10 knee tucks while hanging from pull up bar once a day or every other day, looking for more small ways to sneak strength building into my daily life 

- HIIT 1/3 if I count the play-park and I do!! It was definitely upping my heart beat ;) and not only from slight nerves  :tongue:

Bonus: no foam rolling done, BUT mobility is increasing anyway, so how cool is that one working out :D

Quest 3: Level up my balance - A+

- Email ninja 5/5

- water intake: 2x2 liters, 4x 2,5 liters, 1x3 liters -> A

Bonus: pro-active on translation project at least 3x30min, plus other pro-active things that helped along new projects and clients, great week on that one

- creative part was okay, lots of creative time on weekend made up for busy work week

Bonus: quality time with family members is being asked for more often now - they are taking me up for it more again and that is great  :love_heart:

Week 5 summary

Quest 1: Level up my dance - A+

- pole training 3/3

- 15 min yoga or Pilates 6/5 - that is nearly every day!

Bonus: freshening up old Pilates exercises, which felt sooo good

Quest 2: Level up my strength - B/C

- Push-up training 3/3

- HIIT 1.5/3 (counting the 4min jumping jacks as half one for this :playful: )

Bonus: some tennis ball rolling for cramped calve muscle after pole training

Quest 3: Level up my balance - A

- Email ninja 4/5 (which was fine as no more needed on weekend, really, those 4 times I did good)

- water intake: 1x2 liters, 3x 2,5 liters, 3x3 liters -> A++ here

Bonus: pro-active on translation project for quite a bit more than 3x30min, plus other projects that I got out, so yay overall here

- creative part was mostly embroidery, but also games with kids, new ways of coaxing A into learning his vocab, fun at play-park, creating new morning yoga/pilates routines

Bonus: quality time with family members was great fun and I can't wait to have R back from her exchange trip to have them all together again

Experience gained:

• the morning yoga/pilates sessions transform my days, they are sooooo good!
  • water intake is going well enough to not need be a quest point on next challenge anymore, woot. Might add some lemon water for next challenge
  • getting more courageous at play-parks  :pirate:
  • HIIT is improving despite laziness on my part
  • pole skills are improving, whooooohooooooooo!!!! I can do this Level 2 thing  :triumphant:
  • when the scale greets me with 66kg now I go "ugh" because I take it for granted, lol, I know the 65 will come back though and that is the direction I am going
  • spring is in the air - my favorite season 

cartoon-cute-flowers-moomin-spring-Favim

and there you have one of my favorite childhood cartoons right with it  :love_heart: 

Week 6 summary

Quest 1: Level up my dance - B+

- pole training 2/3

- 15 min yoga 6/5 and it was way more than 15min in average so A+ on that part

Bonus: creating a choreo for video of most things learned so far and recording it

Quest 2: Level up my strength - C

- push-ups program 3/3 adding the occasional pull-up and/or chin-up as I walk past our pull-up bar

- HIIT 1/3 (one of the yoga units done claimed to be HIIT, but it didn't feel like it, so I won't count that)

Bonus: no foam rolling, but nice yin yoga in between for stretching and that did goooood

Quest 3: Level up my balance - A+

- Email ninja 5/5

- water intake: 2x2 liters, 3x 2,5 liters, 2x3 liters -> A++ here

Bonus: pro-active on translation project and other things

- daily meditation going very well

- creative part was great this week with all the Easterly things etc

Bonus: lots of quality time with family members, mmmh, LIFE   :cheerful:

Experience gained:

• I can do a pull-up and a chin up from standing, woot woot
  • Actually I can do 2 chin ups now (big happy grin)
  • email grannies are better than procrastinating
  • slow days pass, too and enthusiasm does come back
  • yoga in the morning is vital by now
  • I am growing stronger and trying random things on rings, playparks, etc is FUN
  • shopping for clothes is now FUN, woot woot
  • we live in a gorgeous spot for skating
  • I have the best family
  • I did my first pole video (even though I will probably redo before showing to anyone, haha)
  • Crafted my first mini challenge Bingo which was at the same time easier and trickier than expected  :tongue: 
    hope it will be enjoyed
  • getting clearer on next challenge, more on that later in my thread
  • I LOVE this community, thanks so much for all the encouragement!!!  :love_heart:
  •  

Thank you all  :love_heart: So glad to have you on board again!!

Will do my best to be awesome :D

I realized I forgot rewards, hahaha, well that shows how all the achievement and strength that I intend to get through this challenge are the most important part for me anyway. If I still think of something yummy I will probably add it in, but it might be I won't need that extra motivation.

How cool is that?!

• Like 1

omg cats are just the most original ninjas ever!!! Thank you  :redface:

• Like 1

Love the joy goal. :D

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Subbing~

yay, welcome on board

Love the joy goal. :D

thanks - me, too :D I had been thinking about a life quest and none of it felt right, all too serious, too "adult" and too focused on discipline... discipline is great - if it helps you reach states that feel good that is ;) and whooosh I remembered the short-cut "leveling up joy it is!" 

Might play with that part for more than one challenge, I REALLY believe in Joy 

I believe In Joy

Woah, as I looked for a nice pic for this, I see there is a whole website on i-belive-in-joy. Just to prevent any misunderstandings, that's not me - if they steal my idea, not my fault!!
So the pic above is my own now  :playful:

In Iceland

on honeymoon with my hubby

really happy

jumping so high it looks like my legs are only half existent, lol
  • Like 1

dumbbell-baby-rattle.jpg

Report on my first dumbbell workout EVER 

(we did a test run last Sunday to find out how heavy we can go, today was the first "proper" workout though)

Conclusion: biceps curls and lying flies make me feel like a total badass  :ph34r:  ^_^

AND it is sooooooo tempting to immediately load on more weight before getting technique clean first, huh.

The training plan I got suggests 2 sets of 15 reps with only 50% of your working weight for the first three weeks and I can see how this gives you a chance to nail good form first before adding more load. Some of the exercises like the triceps extensions are unfamiliar movements to me, so 2x15 is good to let me get into them first - I am doing them together with my hubby and we spot each other, which is super helpful, otherwise a mirror might help but this is better.

BUT I don't feel worn out at the end and some part of my brain says "then it wasn't enough of a workout"

Well, let's see if there are any effects tomorrow, maybe I am just speaking a little soon  :redface: I did feel my muscles having to work, just recovered real quick again. What a "problem", hey :D

This is what I did today, curious what it will be after six weeks:

2x15x2,5kg weighted crunches

2x15x2kg weighted back extensions from floor

2x15x0,5kg diagonal arm and leg lifts from floor 

2x15x2kg lateral raises

2x15x3,25kg alternated biceps curls

2x15x2,25kg one arm triceps extension

2x15x2,25kg lying flies

2x15x3,5kg lunges

• Like 6

Also my yoga outfit reward from the last challenge came in the post today and it is so COMFY, I don't want to take it off anymore!!

Looks fabulous too  :fox:

• Like 1

Yay, more applied strength :) Definitely following!

Cool, now we can stalk each other  ^_^

Congrats on the pole level up! :D

Looking forward to the awesome!

Thank you  :redface: I am one of those people who go rather slow and safe - or you could just say, I had no strength AT ALL when I started  :playful:  But actually it's both true and in any case I am sooooooooooooooo excited!!!!

Woot woot

I did my 15 min yoga this morning (intermediate short flow on dancer pose, half moon and crow with Erin Motz - still can't do crow but loved the dancer pose) and I often like to add a bit of headstand afterwards and today...

I managed to lift both legs off tucked first and then straighten out for the FIRST TIME EVER  :triumphant:

Normally I walk in as far as possible, take one leg straight up and then add the other. Balancing with them both tucked was impossible to me - not any more :)

So so happy

Video to follow, it's not that neat yet, and I was so surprised I couldn't even hold the actual handstand properly for all the excitement, lol

But I added a cat for you and my yoga pants are cool ...

Feb 21 tucked knees Yay

video didn't work but here's a screenshot
  • Like 9

ooops video doesn't work in here.

Will share another joy instead: as I was about to post this, the bell rang and a delivery guy dropped of a big beautiful bunch of flowers for me, yay!! 

My hubby suspected me of having an affair, haha, as if I ever!

No, it was from one of my students who is helping me proof-read my current translation, saying thank you and complimenting me on my work  :redface:  :redface:

what a day

did I intend to level up my joy, or what?!

Loving this challenge already  ^_^

IMG 3200[1]

• Like 4