lucky fire dragon levels up her dance

Those inverts are looking good, but I see what you mean about being higher. I'm sure you are on the right track. :D

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Aaah! Those pictures! That's amazing! :o Consider me amazed. I would probably die if I tried that. I'd probably look like these guys: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isa1rt_hQIw

Amazing job! :D

awww, thank you  :orange: LOL I've seen those and they are so brave those guys. Love how one sums it up so nicely "No, it was really fun. It's almost impossible."

Guess that is the fascination...

Oh and they trained the same move, just within a spin, did you see?

Those knee tucks <3  Which I could do that without momentum (someday!).  And your legs look pretty in inverted Vs!

You can do CROUCHED TIGER!!! And the inverted V!! And Gemini and all kinds of stuff!!!!! You're my pole hero as is  :love_heart:

and thanks, I really like my legs

Those inverts are looking good, but I see what you mean about being higher. I'm sure you are on the right track. :D

Yes, and straight maybe might be an idea :D

Looking fantastic!! :love_heart:

Great pictures! Nice straddles too.

YOU ARE A CERTIFIED BADASS!!!! :D :D

oh wow, you guys!!!! Thank you, this means a lot to me  :love_heart: Will use is as extra fuel for awesome powers 

• Like 3

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

How do you do that???? I know, practice, fun, awesomeness, but... HOW?!

I can see why pole is extremely fun!!

:D

LOL it is such fun

and yes lots of practice, but there is some technique helping too. Knowing where to push and where to pull to get the best leverage makes a huge difference. You'd learn to appreciate physics along with your maths ;)

• Like 3

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

Week 1 Day 3

Today was a real quiet day. Maybe because I had stuffed my last two days so overflowing, maybe because shark week descended on me, maybe because I for some reason could not sleep properly last night.... whatever, picked myself up, but took the day quiet today.

Level up my dance

only gentle yoga, lots of hamstring stretches, happy baby, crocodile, bridge and things like that, did goooood

Level up my strength

nothing

Level up my balance

Email ninja done, also translated a newsletter from the teacher I work with into German, for our German speaking readers and students. Yay on that as that would normally kill my email ninja for a while, but that is now a thing from the past  ^_^ 

2,5 liters of water had by early afternoon already. That's great and normally with this time of the month I'd crave some red wine, funny enough not today, just tea and water

Bonus? No, too tired

Level up my joy

meditation combined with the yoga again and that really helped the down mood from feeling so lame today.

Quality time spent with my little one who wrote her first ever email. Her teacher said they could send their essay by email to her and are welcome to send her mail this way from time to time if it's alright with the parents. She was over the moon! It's so cute how little things can amaze someone who has never typed on a computer before... moving the cursor with the arrows to the place that needs correcting instead of having to delete everything in-between, how the cursor races across the lines when you hold the arrow keys down :D things like that

so that was fun

was too lame for anything creative today but gave myself some reading time instead and filling in a nonogram, it's a little like sudoku just that you have a nice pic in the end and they somehow soothe my brain beautifully

That's it. No awesomeness today. Guess I used it all up yesterday and have to refuel first :D

• Like 4

You can do CROUCHED TIGER!!! And the inverted V!! And Gemini and all kinds of stuff!!!!! You're my pole hero as is  :love_heart:

and thanks, I really like my legs

Lol no I can't!  I'm back to square one on that and your inverted Vs look soooo much better than mine :P

And good ;) Because they are legs to be super proud of!

And good on the yoga during refuel day :D

• Like 1

Challenges | Current |

Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | MFP

OOOOOOO SPARLY!!!  - Jenyne Butterfly (Shit Pole Dancers Say)

I need more Mighty Grip.  Do you have more Mighty Grip?  - Steven Retchless (Shit Pole Dancers Say) 

It's a new dawn, it's a new day, the sun is out (whooooohooooo spring  :love-struck:  ^_^ ) and my hubby made my morning by sharing this with me:

http://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1039419822739285

It was just too funny not to be cheerful from there on...

watch for when the guy on the right comes in!

I AM feeling good, not glorious yet, but good and getting more and more gooood as the day goes.

Did some negative pull-ups and mountain climbers for our mini. It's ridiculous how I only discovered those negatives now, I thought as I can't hop up (not good on the bar we have mounted in the doorframe) I can't do them, but I CAN DO THEM FROM A CHAIR (headslap) Sometimes I gotta laugh about myself only realizing these things weeks later :D Well, maybe it was a good thing, because they are so HARD for me and weeks ago they might have frustrated me even more. So negatives it is from now on.

Had great work session and other little things done and then walked through our garden in the sun shine peeking at all the new flowers popping up and sprouts. Snow is nearly gone today, there is new snow predicted for tomorrow, but today it is spring and I am soaking it in completely (bask) It's exciting to smell the difference in the air and hear the birds sing "Spring"

Then I upped my day even more by making my fresh batch of yummy chocolate:

1/2 cup of coconut oil

1/2 cup of almond flour

1 cup of raw, unsweetened cocoa

are the basics to which I added today a half a handful of glacéed ginger sticks cut small and fresh lemon peel from an organic lemon, plus a little honey

not much as the glacéed ginger sticks have some sugar on as is.

SWEET  :redface:

Off to make lunch for everyone now, get some more work done and then TRAIN! How blessed is my life to live like this!!

• Like 5

Lol no I can't!  I'm back to square one on that and your inverted Vs look soooo much better than mine :tongue:

And good ;) Because they are legs to be super proud of!

And good on the yoga during refuel day :D

Well then... you'll have to improve on it  :tongue:

Let's inspire each other, such fun!!

Thank you for all the compliments you keep giving me, they make my days!

I have a teacher who is very thorough to make sure we only proceed once we can do a move neat and clean. She says some of the advanced moves can be tough on the joints, like on the wrists for instance, and makes sure we first build strength and control before moving on to more advanced things. I am really grateful for that, because I'd have no clue and I do want to keep this sport up for long still, so better slow and safe.

After about 18 months - hang on, it's probably 20 months now - of training, I am now seeing the strength finally showing and what a great foundation that gives me for new moves, too, unless they are advanced of course. So cool!! Will probably eat those words when I start my Level 2 training :D but hey, maybe not! Maybe I'll do better than expected, who knows...

Will find out next week, am sooooooooooooooo excited!!!

• Like 2

Week 1 Day 4

so picked myself up today. Still rather slow, but much better. Did 4 sets of 20 mountain climbers for our mini, plus 3 sets of negative pull-ups 8/5/5

Trained our last choreo of the L1+ course from December and battled with controlled exit out of the inversion, but then that might also have been from all the mountain climbers etc... or maybe from the intense training on Tuesday, when I had focused a lot on inversions, or maybe from shark week... I don't care, I will focus on it getting better next time instead and am content with what I managed as is.

Did the HIIT rope skipping as warm up again and managed 4 sets of 1min fast skipping with a min slow hopping in between each (yay, getting better)

Did get some work done, but am not as on top as I usually was now, will have to leave some for tomorrow.

Level up my dance

pole training done, it's a beautiful choreo and all in all I didn't do too bad

Chill out yoga still coming now

Level up my strength

HIIT done,

Dumbbell workout will follow tomorrow

Level up my balance

Email ninja  not done :( this really bugs me, but I can't get myself around it any more tonight, will have to catch up tomorrow and well, too as I will be away for the weekend and want to be chore-free for that

2,5 liters of water had by afternoon again, might end up having 3 liters today :)

Bonus? Yes, proof-read another 11 pages of translation :)

Level up my joy

meditation will follow the yoga just now, I also had really contemplative, calm moments throughout the day that were yummy

Creative thing was my chocolate baking (see earlier post)

Quality time with family member - not really, I was there a lot for the kids today, but did nothing special with them

hubby was working all day. Tomorrow I will have plenty of time with him, it is the morning we both keep free from work every week in order to have adult free time together and go hike, swim, sauna, whatever we feel like - YUMMY

Also with the weekend being full-time devoted to my elder daughter I feel this one is going well as is

• Like 5

Sounds like a great teacher. Even if you won't have the muscle strength to do all the level 2 moves just yet at least your joints will be ready for your muscles to catch up quickly and safely. So that's awesome! Can't wait to hear what the class is like. :)

she is, I totally adore her. Our classes are leveled from Level 1-3 being beginners, 4-6 being intermediate and 7-9 being advanced, but I have only seen students up to level 4/5 with us and that to me looks super advanced already. I did Level 1 for about 4 sets of 6 weeks and then Level 1+ for a whole year, so leveling up to Level 2 is a big thing for me now :)

• Like 2

LOL it is such fun

and yes lots of practice, but there is some technique helping too. Knowing where to push and where to pull to get the best leverage makes a huge difference. You'd learn to appreciate physics along with your maths ;)

It looks awesome when you do the pole exercises! I'm totally fascinated.

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

I love how much you look like you're enjoying this challenge! Now you mention the negatives, I'm tempted to splash out on a pull up bar... not as complex as the vertical bar you have there, but that takes some crazy skills! Looking forward to hearing about your Level 2 class :D

• Like 1

Half-Orc / Level 4 / Assassin

STR - 3 DEX - 1 STA - 4 CON - 13.5 WIS - 3 CHA - 6

Twitter: @hybrid756

CURRENT CHALLENGE

Challenge wrap up! April 12 - May 24 2015!
Challenge 1

Bf% - from 50% to 20%

21%
21%

Bonus: added the foam rolling after the workout. When I roll the quads on my sides it does still hurt nastily, but the lower back which hurt the first time so much I couldn't do it lying down and had to do it against the wall rather, is now totally fine. LIKE it  

There are days where I wonder if rolling my IT bands (the outside of thighs/quads) will ever stop hurting.... I hope it does because then maybe my knee will stop buggin me :grief:

You're starting pics are awesome and you're doing an amazing job!! I can't wait to see how you progress this challenge.

• Like 1

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

video didn't work but here's a screenshot

Oh dear, sweet everything, thank you.

I had been moping about because I cannot do balance poses (poor me, poor wrist, etc.) and then I saw your screenshot. I can do them on my forearms / elbows / not on my wrists. I just did one using the wall as a spotter in case of catastrophe, and it worked (without catastrophe, even).

Congrats on the achievement, and thank you for the encouragement / inspiration.

• Like 3

lvl 0 Daoine Sidhe(Cave Elf) Recruit
Druid/Assassins take pruning *very* seriously.

"I'm not a bat, but I know things." - Tansy, Symbiont by Mira Grant

Battle log * Recruit Challenge

You guys are the BEST :D

It's so funny because I don't feel particularly extra joyful at the moment, well today is actually quite great, okay today ROCKS... but yesterday and the day before I really had to watch my focus. Would drift into unhappy stories about little things so quickly and get tense with the kids etc.

But I guess, my expectations on my joy level are probably higher than those of most people (I teach how to incorporate spiritual bliss into every day life, can't teach that without living it  :playful: ) and also it might not show so much here as I REALLY don't come here to mope - then I wouldn't only pull myself even lower, I'd pull you guys down with me and for what? For nothing. No, you are way too precious to me  :love_heart:

I try and mope to my own presence instead, preferably the Larger Me with the bigger perspective, which helps me get back on track quite quickly. 

What I love about these challenges is that they remind me to pick consciously where I wanna go next, what I'd like to do for it and how I can make it interesting, challenging yet fun. Without fun it wouldn't be worthwhile now, would it  ^_^

Alright, time for the fun again and today was so beautiful *happy sigh* I have lots of fun to deliver!

Week 1 Day 5

Today is FRIDAY, which means it is my hubby and my morning off, just for the two of us (now I've got that tune in my head lol) and the SUN was SHINING and we went HIKE, wheeeeeeeeeeeee

This is where we went up, it is a short hike (we wanted to start easy on ourselves) and you just have to imagine it with a bit of snow around still and the first crocus flowers peeking through that snow

rampoldplatte7.jpg

The tree is an ancient linden tree, perfect spot for a break to enjoy the view down.

I was fully with it today, sluggishness from last days gone, halleluja and had popped a chicken into the slow cooker in the morning so by the time we came home, the house already smelt like tasty chicken and lunch was already done, yay

Caught up with all the emails and things from yesterday, did the dumbbell workout with hubby and a short gentle pole training after with lots of pretty spinning, stretchy creative moves to unwind and holding climbs for leg endurance. Nice hot bath and now catching up here, ahhhhhhhhh life is good 

Level up my dance

pole training done, so I did manage my 3x this week after all, yay

am skipping yoga today as only one more planned for the week and that will be on weekend

Level up my strength

Dumbbell workout done, still loving it and feeling more and more confident on it

Level up my balance

Email ninja done YESSSSSSSS

3 liters of water had already

Bonus done too by continuing on translation

Level up my joy

meditation done

creative would be my dancing today as I went by no choreography and just did whatever I felt like even if it might have looked totally dorkish in between  :playful: that was a lot of fun!!

Lots of quality time with hubby, sooooo good!

So now I am going to give up my computer to my daughter so that she can watch some movie on it and relax with Hard Eight by Janet Evanovich, the 8th book in a series about Stephanie Plum, the world's most hopeless but surprisingly successful bounty hunter, who hates guns and "almost never shoots anybody", the books are hilarious and perfect for a chill out evening.

• Like 8

It looks awesome when you do the pole exercises! I'm totally fascinated.

Thank you :) 

I love how much you look like you're enjoying this challenge! Now you mention the negatives, I'm tempted to splash out on a pull up bar... not as complex as the vertical bar you have there, but that takes some crazy skills! Looking forward to hearing about your Level 2 class :D

Ooh, I have huge respect of that pull up bar, sometimes my vertical one seems a lot easier ;) Am still working on my 1/2 pull up, haha

And yes, do get one, we have one in the door frame that hooks from both sides, so it's really sturdy. It's so great, it basically CALLS on you to try something every time you walk past!

Will report all the awesomeness of Level 2 in a weeks time...

There are days where I wonder if rolling my IT bands (the outside of thighs/quads) will ever stop hurting.... I hope it does because then maybe my knee will stop buggin me :grief:

You're starting pics are awesome and you're doing an amazing job!! I can't wait to see how you progress this challenge.

Oh good, so I am not alone on that one! Please keep sharing how you are doing on that one and best of improvement for your knees  :positive:

thank you  :redface:

Oh dear, sweet everything, thank you.

I had been moping about because I cannot do balance poses (poor me, poor wrist, etc.) and then I saw your screenshot. I can do them on my forearms / elbows / not on my wrists. I just did one using the wall as a spotter in case of catastrophe, and it worked (without catastrophe, even).

Congrats on the achievement, and thank you for the encouragement / inspiration.

yay, this makes me so happy!!! I love the forearm stands, it doesn't feel good to me to put a lot of weight on my head itself and with this there is none on at all. Glad you tried it and found something that works for you. So exciting, isn't it? And now you can try all kinds of variations. Inversions are such a healthy thing, they do you good on many levels.

You're doing fantastic!  I just love how excited and happy you are with your challenge. ^_^

:love_heart:

Such a pretty place to go hiking!! :love_heart: Glad to hear that you had an awesome and relaxing day.

What I love about these challenges is that they remind me to pick consciously where I wanna go next, what I'd like to do for it and how I can make it interesting, challenging yet fun. Without fun it wouldn't be worthwhile now, would it  ^_^

^^ Words to live by, consciously picking where you want to go next.

• Like 1

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins