lucky fire dragon levels up her dance

ahaha, you should see mine :D No, actually I was so shocked when I tried one a while ago and had the same (barely moved up at all) that I went and trained them for a while. Soooooooo now I can do... a half one  :playful:

Will get there. Am stubborn...

It doesn't snow a lot, but higher up on the farms it does get cold enough for the farmers to have to watch out the little lambs not freezing onto the ground in winter... now that is an aspect we never even thought of in Europe! Rarely has enough snow for snowmen, more like powered caps on the mountains only and frost on the ground, looks beautiful though.

And blue cranes, aaaaah blue cranes  :wub:

They get more plentiful every year, it's so great to see.

Yes, definitely more Blue Cranes. We got a breeding pair here in Pietermaritzburg last year! Was a huge thing for the ornithologists. They first tried to build a nest on the soccer field down the road, that was how I saw them and nearly drove off the road! Hubby wasn't impressed with me, but was with them. LOL!

Then I read that they had moved to the Botanical Gardens across the street from the soccer field and started building a nest there. I should actually read up about them more, seeing as they are our national bird. I see them flying over sometimes - especially on Tuesday mornings in Hilton for boys' Playball. My eyes are always facing up, so its either Cranes, or the Yellow Billed Kites, or something attracting my attention. Poor humans around me trying to keep my attention :(

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

Glad you had a fun pole class and AWESOME for nailing the CKR! :D

You'll get the climb too, you just have to squeeze really hard with your calves. And get the pole nice and warm first.

with my calves? That is a great hint, I'll have to watch for that, you mean the front leg then, right? The shins are blue already as I mainly hold on with the back leg and we also climbed with a 3/4 turn included so that second (front) leg only followed later. I think I will practice it with plain normal climbs first and then try that turn with it again.

Thank you :)

• Like 1

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

Congrats on the Cross Leg Release!  Told you you could get it!  It's so much fun :D

Hmmm, these are different from some of the stuff I've tried. I'm guessing when you lift it's only the arms and not even a bit of foot leverage, kinda like a pullup prep?

Yea there is baseball grip for crouching tiger...

Actually, that may be one of my problems hmmmm... Guess I know what else to work on at the next Jam!

LOL Yes!  Muwahahahaha!

YAY Cross Leg Release  :welcoming:

That is the thing she is training us for, yes, arms but also core as she says when you go higher up or up for longer you won't have much foot leverage and no floor to kick off from... 

In Level 1/1+ we did a crouched tiger version with the arms like on that first hold - inner arm pushing with the whole length of lower arm while upper outside arm pulls - and that works well. You don't get as horizontal as quickly but you can tilt horizontal, too of course. Well, you can, I can't  :tongue:

But I am sure if you ask your instructor for help as to baseball grip you will work that one out quickly, too.

Ahhh, so many adventures to be had  :topsy_turvy:  ^_^

• Like 2

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

Yes, definitely more Blue Cranes. We got a breeding pair here in Pietermaritzburg last year! Was a huge thing for the ornithologists. They first tried to build a nest on the soccer field down the road, that was how I saw them and nearly drove off the road! Hubby wasn't impressed with me, but was with them. LOL!

Then I read that they had moved to the Botanical Gardens across the street from the soccer field and started building a nest there. I should actually read up about them more, seeing as they are our national bird. I see them flying over sometimes - especially on Tuesday mornings in Hilton for boys' Playball. My eyes are always facing up, so its either Cranes, or the Yellow Billed Kites, or something attracting my attention. Poor humans around me trying to keep my attention :(

Hahaha, I can picture it and what a sight that must have been at the soccer field :D

Botanical gardens sound like a significantly better choice, yes.

You might want to give the humans around you a fair warning:

bird_watcher_bumper_sticker-rcf10822fd5f

or bird_watcher_at_the_wheel_bumper_sticker

My in-laws are all passionate bird watchers, so I have learned to appreciate all that magnificent multitude of winged life in SA as well as here in Germany (although SA has of course way more). Often when we visit a National Park like Addo, we'd stop for the birds, too and then other tourist would stop and wonder "What on earth are they looking at, there is nothing here!" :lol:

• Like 1

Congratulations on the new pole move!! I just finished my first pole class today and have a newly amplified respect for you and all pole dancers out there!!

• Like 1

Lady of Gallifrey

Human Time Lord

Challenge Thread || Walking PVP Thread

Level: 0 - Future Assassin || STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

Walking 1,000 Miles in 2015 // 167.30 miles as of March 7, 2015

16.7%
16.7%

Body Fat Percentage // 44% as of January 1, 2015

44%
44%

Congratulations on the new pole move!! I just finished my first pole class today and have a newly amplified respect for you and all pole dancers out there!!

ahaha, thank you and so did I after my first classes and yet aren't you astonished at all the things you did already, too?? I think, this is so exciting a sport, warning though it is addictive and now we have you hooked, muwahahaha  :pirate:

• Like 1

So, here come the update goodies and as day 12 and 13 had no goodies I waited for today to report... I so prefer having some goodies to report ;)

Week 2 Day 12

This was Friday and normally my morning out with my hubby off into the glorious sunshine on that day, but that didn't happen. Now that my daughter was healthy enough to go back to school, my boy took his turn and stayed home with me. Hubby also had to go sort out some admin paperwork, which was important, so there our morning went and I noticed again how important these mornings are for me. Did catch up on some stuff left over from the days before, even though I had to reaaaaaaaaaaaally kick myself to do them and felt generally tired, tending to grumpy and feeling like "I have been there for so many people this week, can't my family do without me now?" No good.

The fact of my youngest being fine again and showing it by "healthy" rebellion against Mom's orders didn't help much either  :playful:

Now I know, I created all this myself (I do believe in that) and I will use it for contrast to bounce off from, meaning this week I am intending a LOT more ease in all my affairs, work and family and ALL of it!!!!! Just so you know! Next week will be the week of the 

easy-button-featured1.jpg

Button to push allllllllll the times :)

Level up my dance

still reveling in the success of the night before and some yoga done, but nothing more

Level up my strength

we didn't do our dumbbell workout! Why, because we were lame, ugh

no HIIT either

Level up my balance

email ninja was a granny ninja, but got things done, so yay on that

2 liters of water had, maybe more, not sure

Level up my joy

creative part was sorting out the kindle fire hdx, that will be the birthday gift for our daughter, so that she can take out ebooks from the local library. She is a total bookworm she is  ^_^  will be sooo excited with this gift, I am excited for her already, haha. Jeez, there was a moment I thought we won't manage to work the library option, but then I found a tutorial online (isn't the internet awesome?) how to get the app without going through the amazon app shop - success

Also played games with my sick boy and had quality time with him, which is great as he often comes short on that (or is gone too often with one of his many friends ;) )

fire-dragon-live-wallpaper-11-3-s-307x51

Week 2 Day 13

boy, was I dragon that day!! It started off okay as I enjoyed sleeping in and catching up on some translation work that came short all week. Then a little thing triggered all the tension and overwhelm that had built up over the past days and whoom I had a full-blown grumps/anger/frustration tantrum, which I haven't had like this in...... can't even remember. So I gave myself a time-out, dealt with my emotions and slowly emerged softening into a human being again. Gee, I have gained a lot of strength over the last year, in many ways, and I noticed how super important balance has become if I don't want to fry my family to crisps in all my dragon fire... another reason to set week 3 at an EASY pace  :peaceful:

Level up my dance

nope, not even yoga

Level up my strength

nope, rather rediscovering when softening is due ;) although a workout probably would have done me good that day

Level up my balance

no email ninja, I could have done it, not that many mails to do, but decided to give myself a complete break from everything and mmmmmmmmmmh, that was GOOD

water was had, 2.5 liters again

bonus: translation proof-reading progress

Level up my joy

creative thing was shopping for some clothes (which was overdue, but I am not one of those women who revel in shopping and usually procrastinate), we had to go as our boy needed some stuff he had grown out of and I found a few really nice things.

Success: my jeans size is two numbers slimmer than last year, so cool!

Quality time with nearly all family members, just slightly jarred by my dragon fire tantrum... felt bad about that and used it as reason to rethink some things

I realized I had thought of many things in challenge terms now, measuring myself too much, setting too many expectations and losing the fun in things, forgetting to soften in between. Softening is really important to me. Also sat too much in front of computer. So I will give myself more leeway this week and see where I can soften into joy again, so that the contrast of a tough workout is a delicious one again and only part of the balance. Will give more room to my Larger Presence in my mind again and let my smaller self relax to enjoy the ride more. This might mean some goals not met, but that's okay as my main theme is dance and joy and I will make sure that is not compromised, on the contrary  ^_^

Week 2 Day 14

Level up my dance

yip!!!

pole home training done and showed off the new move to impressed hubby - sooooooo cool, yay!

I still have to hold on to the one foot for stability and also don't know if I could get back up without that leverage, but I can do it and every training will get me better, whoohooo

LOVELY yoga session done this morning, without any video or program, just some cat cow, then sun salutations with warriors, then shoulder stand (does me so good every time) with halasana (don't know the English name) and I realize this is one of the best stretches for my whole back and when I do any programs it is hardly ever included - so more individual yoga time from here on :)

Happy baby is one of my favorites for my lower back too, but this does more for the whole of my back, very good. Followed up with some fish and crocodile poses and a little headstand before a yummy shavasana to end it of.

The other thing I often neglect are the breathing exercises and they are so valuable, too. Might come up with more structure for these yoga sessions for a while to bring those back in as well. Let's see. Erin Motz sent an email out how to build your own sequences that I still want to look into and which might be the perfect thing here. Exciting!

Level up my strength

again no dumbbells (my hubby was not feeling too hot now and I could have kicked myself into it on my own, but ... didn't)

HIIT done and yay, new PR on the rope skipping: I did 3 sets of 90 sec fast skipping and managed 200reps/set, once without any stumbles, straight through

still wheezing after, but hey that is 3x90 where 2x60 used to leave me gasping, so w00t

did even a bit of foam rolling later and side hamstrings still hurt, but maybe slightly less

Level up my balance

no emails done and I don't even feel bad one bit  ^_^

2 liters of water had

proof reading continued

Level up my joy

today I was human again and safe company for my folks, lots of happy time with each family member

creative thing was continuing on an embroidery for a cushion that I had started over a year ago and left aside for a long time now, felt nice

meditation after yoga was soooooooo good today, mmmh

SURPRISE of the day: the scale greeted me with 65kg this morning, w00t w00t w00t

• Like 5

week 2 summary is on page 1, let's bring on week 3

Bring-it-on.gif

• Like 3

Monday morning, email ninja was back in action and a gorgeous yoga morning session was enjoyed using Erin Motz sequence builder, which you can use here

http://www.erinmotz.com/bad-yogi-home-yoga-flow-builder/

I picked for myself:

seated meditation and breath work (the deep breathing with alternate holding breath, that is also often called fire breath)

cat/cow

gentle rocking on my back

sun salutation with lunges (3 rounds each side)

Shoulder stand

plough pose (so good and already coming easier)

followed by fish pose for balance

wheel pose

attempted crow (very weak today)

full bow pose

supine twists

pigeon

child's pose

happy baby

shavasana and yummy meditation

What a perfect morning, now I will hop on my bicycle for errands in town and enjoy the sunshine, yayyyyyyyyyy

Feel like a new day indeed!

sunshine_145918109.jpg

• Like 4

Awesome enthusiasm for a Monday, I must say! ;)

Love your thoughts on softening and hope a bit of a different approach for the week works well for you. <3

• Like 2

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

You are doing so well!! Realizing that you had stopped taking time to enjoy the things you were doing is a big deal..good for you!!

What kind of pole do you have in your house? I've only taken the one class (and yes I'm already hooked!) and I'm already thinking about when and where to get a pole for the house! :)

Sent from the TARDIS

• Like 1

Lady of Gallifrey

Human Time Lord

Challenge Thread || Walking PVP Thread

Level: 0 - Future Assassin || STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

Walking 1,000 Miles in 2015 // 167.30 miles as of March 7, 2015

16.7%
16.7%

Body Fat Percentage // 44% as of January 1, 2015

44%
44%

You could make a fortune bottling that enthusiasm for Monday mornings and selling it.  Heck, I'd buy some right now!

AND WOOO LOST WEIGHT AND WOOO SMALLER JEAN SIZE! CONGRATS!!!

Ooo I hope your daughter loves that gift, I know so many bookworms who use them (and got them as gifts and were super pleased).  Hope you had fun with your son too :)

I haven't tried letting go of my foot yet on that move, but I guess that means I should try it (didn't even think about it).  And thank you on the yoga sequence builder link!  They switched my stretch/yoga class nights at the studio and I've been left scrambling trying to figure out what to do to replace it.  thank you thank you thank you!!!!

• Like 2

Challenges | Current |

Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | MFP

OOOOOOO SPARLY!!!  - Jenyne Butterfly (Shit Pole Dancers Say)

I need more Mighty Grip.  Do you have more Mighty Grip?  - Steven Retchless (Shit Pole Dancers Say) 

Phew, just caught up on your thread! That new pole move looks amazing, hanging upside down! It must feel amazing to even master that part and get over the natural fear of it, even if you do need to do some tweaking with the... leg arrangement? I haz no terminology. Y'know what I mean :D

Congratulations on taking a break to enjoy the fruits of your labour, it's always a balancing act between doing it and enjoying the fact that you've done it, isn't it?

Ps: loved the picture from your hike. Makes me think maybe I'm not such a city person any more. Just, beautiful!

• Like 1

Half-Orc / Level 4 / Assassin

STR - 3 DEX - 1 STA - 4 CON - 13.5 WIS - 3 CHA - 6

Twitter: @hybrid756

CURRENT CHALLENGE

Challenge wrap up! April 12 - May 24 2015!
Challenge 1

Bf% - from 50% to 20%

21%
21%

Awesome enthusiasm for a Monday, I must say! ;)

Love your thoughts on softening and hope a bit of a different approach for the week works well for you. <3

Oh, I will keep that coming :) Used to be not one of my favorite days either, what with having to catch up on office things and communication before getting to the actual sessions and translation work of the week (which are the yummy part I love so much), but then I got myself a wonderful help in form of my sister working part time for us on that very morning and doing the book sales from home during the rest of the week. This didn't only take things off my plate, but brought many happy changes. Among other things, cheerful Monday mornings. She comes in highly motivated, I am so thrilled about her help, we both rave about all the good stuff happening and woooosh, at the end of the morning all the organisational things are done, we both feel great and on top of a week that has barely started  :triumphant:

The softening is coming along real nice and I feel totally different this week. Also only now realize how much was going on last week - I had one of my kids home sick with me every single morning that last week plus a more than full work week. After my realization I structured this week a lot more gently and feel a lot better already. Had great sessions today due to that, too. You know what's funny: when I went clothes shopping on Saturday, I bought myself two supercuddly fluffy pullovers, which I normally never did, but on that day they were a definite. So I was basically telling myself already to soften up and just didn't "hear" it yet :D

You are doing so well!! Realizing that you had stopped taking time to enjoy the things you were doing is a big deal..good for you!!

What kind of pole do you have in your house? I've only taken the one class (and yes I'm already hooked!) and I'm already thinking about when and where to get a pole for the house! :)

Sent from the TARDIS

Thank you, I am much more myself again, yay  ^_^

Ahhh, the addiction, yes! I was the same, bought my pole after the first week, too, lol. I have an xpole that can be adjusted to spinning or static, which is awesome. I love it because it is super sturdy without needing to be screwed in (and we live in a house for rent, it's not ours.) Do measure the room where you want to put it up first, so that you make sure it will fit. They can be adjusted and for high rooms you can add extra parts, but they do need a minimum height and our workout room in the basement JUST made it. Also see how thick you want it, there are different strengths here, you can get 40mm, 45mm or 50mm. I wouldn't recommend the 50mm unless you have quite long fingers, it is too wide for most people. I have the 45mm and am really happy with it now, but to start with I preferred the 40mm at our studio and only switched to training on their 45mm so that it would be easier when I train at home. So it might be a good idea to try out different strengths at your studio first before you order.

And whoooooohoooooooo, having your own pole is so very awesome!!!

You could make a fortune bottling that enthusiasm for Monday mornings and selling it.  Heck, I'd buy some right now!

AND WOOO LOST WEIGHT AND WOOO SMALLER JEAN SIZE! CONGRATS!!!

Ooo I hope your daughter loves that gift, I know so many bookworms who use them (and got them as gifts and were super pleased).  Hope you had fun with your son too :)

I haven't tried letting go of my foot yet on that move, but I guess that means I should try it (didn't even think about it).  And thank you on the yoga sequence builder link!  They switched my stretch/yoga class nights at the studio and I've been left scrambling trying to figure out what to do to replace it.  thank you thank you thank you!!!!

haha, I'll try to bottle it! Meanwhile I'll just keep spreading the joy through pics and reports here...

Thank you, I am so excited  :redface:

My daughter's birthday is tomorrow and I hope she is as excited as we are thinking she will be. Just baked her cake and decorated the table for an early morning Happy Birthday quickie before school. There will be more celebration in the afternoon with visits, but she is too excited to wait for that long, she is turning nine now that is such a wonderful age of huge excitement

What we did for trying with both hands free was going lower down so that when you lean back your arms can slowly reach the floor - safety thing but also soooo good on the mind  :playful:  Please make sure you do either that or have someone spot you. Want you whole and safe for a loooooong time still  :love_heart:

Tell me, how do I do it that I don't crush my backbone while leaning back??? Odd thing is on one side it's no problem at all only on the other side. And I can't figure out what I am doing different... I think I am leaning more onto the leg on the good side, but can't even tell if it's the straight or the bent one, how weird is that?

Glad you can use the yoga sequence builder. It is a bummer when studio times switch to awkward hours for you! Great you can do some on your own now - in your cleared space, YAY. Still I hope they switch it back to better hours soon for you.

• Like 3

Have to concur on your infectious Monday enthusiasm!  Keep on being cheerful and happy and amazing!

Thank you  :redface: Will do my best 

Phew, just caught up on your thread! That new pole move looks amazing, hanging upside down! It must feel amazing to even master that part and get over the natural fear of it, even if you do need to do some tweaking with the... leg arrangement? I haz no terminology. Y'know what I mean  :D

Congratulations on taking a break to enjoy the fruits of your labour, it's always a balancing act between doing it and enjoying the fact that you've done it, isn't it?

Ps: loved the picture from your hike. Makes me think maybe I'm not such a city person any more. Just, beautiful!

LOL I know, this is turning into one of those long threads now and I am still a bit baffled how that happened. Maybe pole popularity going up - yay on all the new and all the experienced pole dancers I am discovering on the forums, so cool!! Also I am tending it better than last challenge, which is great for reflection on things.

Thanx  :redface:  and yes it does feel totally amazing, and yes I know what you mean no special vocab needed for the leg things. Will work them out, I'm sure.

Ahhh, hikes are never far away, go explore, there must be beautiful ones up your ally!! Maybe not the exact same view, for that you will just have to visit me one day...  :cheerful:

• Like 2

proper update will follow tomorrow, but just to add some joy for today: I did ALL THE THINGS again, whooooohooooo

Had great work sessions, email ninjad (yep that is a word now), drank all the water, trained on the pole, skipped rope for HIIT, planked for our mini, shopped for birthday party, baked cake, helped with homework, cooked yummy pasta with fresh spinach cream sauce, enjoyed a deep relaxing bath,.... and now the house and family are ready for the most exciting day for my then 9 year old tomorrow. 

Life is good.

But then you all know that :)

Sweet dreams all around, I'm off for today

how%20to%20train%20your%20dragon%202000x

• Like 5

DId your daughter enjoy her birthday? You do a great job of balancing all the things and getting many things accomplished.

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Wow, you truly did ALL THE THINGS!!!

You deserve a good night's rest! :D

yes, and it would have been so tempting to add a whole lazy morning the next day, but that wasn't on and good thing too because it would have turned into what SymphonicDan would call a "pathetic morning", being too useless and leaving me feeling unhappy instead of rested - BUT not this time! I gave myself a relaxing start and then kicked into gear again, feeling more awake and fulfilled with every move and thing done, strike :)

DId your daughter enjoy her birthday? You do a great job of balancing all the things and getting many things accomplished.

Thank you, that is what I am aiming for, because there are so many awesome things to do!!! All those shinies and not only in fitness, in everything...

My daughter knows how to party and is now celebrating 4 days straight :D We woke her before school with a Happy Birthday song and candles down the steps to birthday table with cake for breakfast and of course the gifts and she loooooooooves her kindle tablet! I have the impression it is only sinking in bit by bit what she got with it, as we explore it,  she says to make sure: "And this is now mine? My own?" Such sweet moments  ^_^

Today is her party at school as yesterday didn't suit and tomorrow her friends will come to party and stay overnight. She'd love to do a treasure hunt and now I need to find ideas for clue riddles... somehow her being my third child doesn't make this any easier than the first time round. It's also fun things though and weather is probably good tomorrow, so we can have them chase around in the garden, yay

• Like 4

Week 3 Day 15

that was my happy Monday :)

Level up my dance

30 min luxurious yoga thanks to Erin's fab sequence builder

I found music makes such a difference in motivation and mood, anyone having nice ideas for me for cheerful music that would go well with yoga? I have lots of calm, meditational stuff and sometimes long for something different, pole dance music is totally different, but that doesn't go that well with yoga ;) Any ideas? recommendations?

New Pose: trying crow again, feels like the first time ever and miles away

Level up my strength

nothing that day

Level up my balance

Email ninjaaaaaaaaaaaa  :triumphant:

2 liters of water only, some days take discipline

Level up my joy

nothing creative unless I count building the yoga sequence, but that's not what I had in mind when I set that quest

meditation done

Quality time with both kids had in many brief and not so brief conversations on school, friends, birthdays and life... was not a specific thing we did together, what is important to me though is that we have conscious time together and that we did, yay

Week 3 Day 16

the day for catching up on fitness as Monday is usually not good on that and it turned into a boost of doing all the things, wheeeeeeeeee

Level up my dance

yummy 30min yoga in the morning

pole training later on that went sooooooo tough! I hardly managed that cross-knee-release and was slow, weak, clumsy in general. Told myself it's still training and fruits of labor will show later (hopefully tonight). Did get some joy out of it, just not as much as at other times

New move: decided training the new pole moves for a while will be fine for that one. Don't want to dilute my focus too much.

Level up my strength

did my skipping rope HIIT and managed 5sets of 60sec fast skipping with 60sec slow hopping in between

Level up my balance

Email ninja done, strike

3 liters of water had

Bonus: proof-read another 10 pages, yay

Level up my joy

creative thing was birthday shopping and baking and setting it all up nice in the evening with candles and decorations
Quality time had with my daughter on that too
meditation in the morning makes such a heavenly difference

Had to taste a bit of the baking dough (it's just irresistible to me) and was glad to have had all the water to balance it  :tongue:

Week 3 Day 17

yesterday was dedicated nearly entirely to my Birthday Girl, and that was super nice. As I wrote earlier we woke her early before school with a song and candlelight along the stairs to the decorated eating area where her cake and gifts were waiting. She was so cheeky in a happy naughty way, it was quite funny. The elder sibling patiently beared with it (is that how you say it? sometimes I get to my language limits, not being native English), it was a very harmonious morning. Later I had to go see the dentist to get a filling and the last time I needed this is over ten years ago, so whooo adventure  :nevreness: My daughter had gotten fillings there too recently and had let them all done without any local anesthesia so now I wondered if I was gonna be as brave as her and do the same?? Can't have my kid be braver than me, right  :tongue:  (Realizing now how often they are, for instance on those slides that are so steep it's like free falling.... "Mommy why do you always scream like that?" Haha, because otherwise my heart would forget to beat!! or on roller coasters "Come on, Mommy! Why not - just because you get nauseous, that's no reason!")

Well in this case I kept up and got it done without any anesthesia either and was surprised how well it went. So that was cool.

When I came back and looked at all the remnants of family morning life I had to kick myself back into action, but did and felt so good doing it all. Afternoon had her godmother and my Dad visiting her, which was lovely, then she played and read and listened to music happily on the new kindle while I got some work done. Started baking her muffins for today at school a bit late that evening, so I ended up licking out the dough bowl (cause I was hungry and it was just too tempting) and combining the chocolate with some red wine (cause that goes together just so nicely) ... what with that slipping already, it was just a small step to spend the time waiting for the muffins to bake in the oven while nibbling crisps with the wine and listening to Penumbra's book store. I totally reveled in it though  :peaceful:

Level up my dance

another 30 min yoga session in the morning

headstand regressed, might train a bit of dolphin for a while to help it

crow is still far out, but I'll keep at it

Level up my strength

nothing done on that yesterday, will have to see how to incorporate that better. I'd really like to see how much strength I could get through dumbbell training, but it is obviously not priority enough yet that I would find a way to make time for it, when days are busy...

HIIT is going well enough and I can see progress on that, too.

Level up my balance

Email ninja done

2.5 - 3 liters of water, good with the wine that I had ;)

Bonus: proof-reading continued despite all the birthday action

Level up my joy

Creative thing was muffin baking

Quality time was had with family and friends over visit and of course, with my girl exploring her magic tablet together

meditation done after yoga, mmmh bliss

I am sooo enjoying having my mornings to myself again this week!! I love my family dearly, but having that peaceful quiet time to do things in my own pace is REALLY recreative for me. They then benefit from me having a lot more nerve, patience and open ear for them when they come home at lunch time  ^_^

• Like 2

Aww! I'm glad your daughter had a great birthday. A glass of wine and baking are a pairing for life. Very little is more soothing! 

For music, the website Songza (I'm not sure if it is available where you are, but you never know) has really good mood options: http://songza.com/ 

• Like 2

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

You're an awesome mom on top of being an awesome person.  It makes me smile to read about your family, and resolve to someday try to be as awesome at parenting!!!!

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

What we did for trying with both hands free was going lower down so that when you lean back your arms can slowly reach the floor - safety thing but also soooo good on the mind  :playful:  Please make sure you do either that or have someone spot you. Want you whole and safe for a loooooong time still  :love_heart:

Tell me, how do I do it that I don't crush my backbone while leaning back??? Odd thing is on one side it's no problem at all only on the other side. And I can't figure out what I am doing different... I think I am leaning more onto the leg on the good side, but can't even tell if it's the straight or the bent one, how weird is that?

Glad you can use the yoga sequence builder. It is a bummer when studio times switch to awkward hours for you! Great you can do some on your own now - in your cleared space, YAY. Still I hope they switch it back to better hours soon for you.

<3

I have no idea about the crushing backbone situation.  I normally have my back arched quite a bit (plus I'm told I'm very bendy there) so I've never really had that problem.  That's something you should ask your teacher for help since she'll be there in person to help correct it (and place you properly).  I dunno, maybe you are leaning?  I know I keep slipping again on my bad side (I can now reliably do it on my good side).  And it wouldn't be weird :P  I think learning the moves are always kinda weird, no?

:D I haven't tried it yet since I'm still pretty busy, but I'm probably going to make a challenge next time of doing long and DEEP yoga sessions to help (and make sure I add splits in them) and this is perfect for it :D  And I don't think studio times will change for awhile.  The reason they're changing now is that two instructors are going on Mat leave :)

Oh it sounds like everything went so well for her b-day!!! Yay! And awesome parenting.  I hope I can be as cool and involved as you when that time comes (not for a loooong time though lol soo not ready right now)

Baking dough/cake mix/cookie batter is A-OKAY to have!!!... in moderation of course ;)  But yeah, it's like kryptonite.

• Like 1

Challenges | Current |

Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | MFP

OOOOOOO SPARLY!!!  - Jenyne Butterfly (Shit Pole Dancers Say)

I need more Mighty Grip.  Do you have more Mighty Grip?  - Steven Retchless (Shit Pole Dancers Say)