The Lady of Gallifrey is Making a Change

Lady of Gallifrey

Hello sweeties!

I am the Lady of Gallifrey and this is my first challenge. I have been living a pretty sedentary over the last few years, but I've started taking steps to change that. I'm hoping that the support of the rebellion will make the change a bit easier. I am really looking forward to seeing the changes that will come over the next six weeks!!

Update (2/24/15): I've realized that I'm trying to do WAY too much for just starting out. I'm making some adjustments today, and may make a few more throughout the week. I'm looking at this week as a opportunity to refine my challenge goals into manageable and achievable goals. No point in setting myself up to fail!

Update (2/27/15): I found a place to take pole classes!!!! So I'm switching from the aerial classes/goal to pole! I changed my gf/df goal to only be on weekdays. I also updated the grading system for each goal.

Update (3/7/15): I went to the intro to pole class today and realized that trying to take a second pole class right after is not something I'm ready for right now. So, just one pole class per week for this challenge.

Goals for 2015

Do a pull-up

Hold a five minute plank

Get 1,000 miles on my Fitbit

Get down to 25% body fat (44% as of 1/1)

Challenge Quest 1: BUTI

Do three BUTI yoga workouts each week - Monday/Wednesday/Friday after work.

A = 18-16 BUTI yoga workouts

B = 15-14 BUTI yoga workouts

C = 13-12 BUTI yoga workouts

D = 11-10 BUTI yoga workouts

F = 9 or fewer BUTI yoga workouts

Stat points available: STR +2, CHA +2 (STR +1 for Level 2)

Challenge Quest 2: Pole

Attend intro to pole and pole fit classes on Saturdays (Starting 3/7)

A = 5 pole classes

B = 4 pole classes

C = 3 pole classes

D = 2 pole classes

F = 1-0 pole classes

Stat points available: STA +2, DEX +1 (DEX +1 for Level 2)

Challenge Quest 3: Nutrition

No eating grain or dairy before dinner on weekdays

A = 0-5 indulgences

B = 6-7 indulgences

C = 8-9 indulgences

D = 10-11 indulgences

F = 12 or more indulgences

Stat points available: CON +2 (CON +1 for Level 2)

Life Quest: Clutter

Get rid of one big bag/box of clutter each week

A = 6 boxes of clutter

B = 5 boxes of clutter

C = 4 boxes or clutter

D = 3 boxes of clutter

F = 2 or fewer boxes of clutter

Stat points available: WIS +1 (WIS +1 for Level 2)

Motivation

I want to start living a healthier life.

I want to be a strong, healthy and sexy woman.

I want to be comfortable in my own skin.

• Like 8

Lady of Gallifrey

Human Time Lord

Challenge Thread || Walking PVP Thread

Level: 0 - Future Assassin || STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

Walking 1,000 Miles in 2015 // 167.30 miles as of March 7, 2015

16.7%
16.7%

Body Fat Percentage // 44% as of January 1, 2015

44%
44%

fabulous challenge you have here! Best of success to you :)

• Like 1

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

love how ambitious your goals are, but totally doable.

You might notice that someone has added a tag to your post.  This is not to box you into a corner but rather because your goals or lifestyle have links to the guild you've been tagged and we'd like to bring you to the attention of one of their guild ambassadors. These ambassadors will be able to offer you advice, encouragement and support on your goals.  You don't even have to wait around for them to come introduce themselves to you, you are more than welcome to pop into the Assassins' board and introduce yourself to the guildies there. I am also around to answer any questions that you might have so do not hesitate to PM me.

Good Luck with your challenge

AB xx

• Like 1

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Since you chose of the most badass female in TV history (I mean, who doesn't love/want to be River Song ?!) I'm pretty sure you're gonna ace this challenge :).

And I love your goals, challenging yet totally doable.

Good luck on your challenge !

• Like 1

Ellith - Level 2 - Night elf assassin
STR 3.5|DEX 0|CON 2|STA 3.5|WIS 1|CHA 1

A little bit about me : Here
Challenges : 1 - Current challenge

fabulous challenge you have here! Best of success to you :)

Thank you!

love how ambitious your goals are, but totally doable.

You might notice that someone has added a tag to your post.  This is not to box you into a corner but rather because your goals or lifestyle have links to the guild you've been tagged and we'd like to bring you to the attention of one of their guild ambassadors. These ambassadors will be able to offer you advice, encouragement and support on your goals.  You don't even have to wait around for them to come introduce themselves to you, you are more than welcome to pop into the Assassins' board and introduce yourself to the guildies there. I am also around to answer any questions that you might have so do not hesitate to PM me.

Good Luck with your challenge

AB xx

Thanks! I will definitely go check out the Assassins! I've been contemplating them and the Druids for my next challenge.

I love how practical your goals are, and how organized your quests are. I think you've got this!

Thank you! I'm hoping that the organization will help me to succeed. :)

Since you chose of the most badass female in TV history (I mean, who doesn't love/want to be River Song ?!) I'm pretty sure you're gonna ace this challenge :).

And I love your goals, challenging yet totally doable.

Good luck on your challenge !

Thanks! I would love to be River Song!!! She's amazing!!

• Like 1

Lady of Gallifrey

Human Time Lord

Level: 0 - Future Assassin || STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

16.7%
16.7%

44%
44%

WELCOME!!  I saw your post over in our Assassins' hide out and had to stop by to say "Hi" to Professor Song.  

I'm working on cutting out sugar (and grains and eventually .... dairy) -- so good luck.  And make sure you check out the recipe sections here and in the Assassin's Guild.  

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

WELCOME!!  I saw your post over in our Assassins' hide out and had to stop by to say "Hi" to Professor Song.  

I'm working on cutting out sugar (and grains and eventually .... dairy) -- so good luck.  And make sure you check out the recipe sections here and in the Assassin's Guild.  

Thanks for stopping by! Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely check out the recipes. :)

Wooo! I'm here to cheer you on! Good luck coming Monday! :D This is going to be a great challenge!

Thanks Lilith! I can't wait to officially get started on Monday!

Lady of Gallifrey

Human Time Lord

16.7%
16.7%

44%
44%

Awesome picture and screen name! Professor Song was always secretly my favourite character in Doctor Who!

Love your challenges!

Just wanted to ask about the yoga practises you're planning to do? Online videos or actual classes? I just ask because I've been thinking about doing some yoga videos myself (not as a criteria for my challenge this time around, just as-and-when I feel like it) and wondered if you have any tips for good ones?

Thanks, and best of luck for your challenge!

• Like 1

Aquatic Elf

Level 2 | STR 0 | DEX 0.5 | STA 1.5 | CON 6 | WIS 6 | CHA 1

Challenges 1 2

Awesome picture and screen name! Professor Song was always secretly my favourite character in Doctor Who!

Love your challenges!

Just wanted to ask about the yoga practises you're planning to do? Online videos or actual classes? I just ask because I've been thinking about doing some yoga videos myself (not as a criteria for my challenge this time around, just as-and-when I feel like it) and wondered if you have any tips for good ones?

Thanks, and best of luck for your challenge!

Thank you very much! She is absolutely wonderful. :)

I'll be using some DVDs for this challenge. I'm planning on buying a car this spring/summer and that will help me to be abel to get to actual classes. I'm using some BUTI Yoga DVDs a friend gave me...they're pretty sexy, and I like that they're different from "normal" yoga practices. Gaiam DVDs are nice too. That's what I was using before the BUTI Yoga DVDs. 

Thanks for the luck!!

Lady of Gallifrey

Human Time Lord

16.7%
16.7%

44%
44%

Workout Schedule for February 23 - March 1 --- Edited 2/23

Monday: Tone (25 mins)

Tuesday: Tone (25 mins) + Sculpt (Upper Body)

Wednesday: Tone (45 mins)

Thursday: REST DAY

Friday: Tone (25 mins) + Sculpt (Abs)

Saturday: Tone (45 mins)

Sunday: Tone (25 mins) + Sculpt (Lower Body)

Monday: Tone (25 mins)

Tuesday: Sculpt (Upper Body)

Wednesday: Tone (25 mins)

Thursday: REST DAY

Friday: Tone (25 mins)

Saturday: Sculpt (Abs)

Sunday: Tone (25 mins)

• Like 1

Lady of Gallifrey

Human Time Lord

16.7%
16.7%

44%
44%

Welcome to the Rebellion!  With the bodyweight work you're doing, you've attracted the attention of the Assassins' Guild.... but don't worry, I'm here in a supportive capacity!  Even if you ultimately don't join us, we'd love to help you along on your journey, and there are a lot of people working on goals similar to yours within our black-clad ranks...

If you think you might like to check us out, I hope you'll come by the Assassins' Den chat and say hello!  We're very welcoming killers-in-black, really.    ;)  You can also check out the Assassin Guild Info & Announcements for more info about what's going on with the guild.  Pretty soon, we should also have our Assassin Phonebook up to date as well, which will allow you to find people who are working on similar skills to yours.  And though we may be the bodyweight guild, we're also a guild of extreme variety - we do a bit of everything!

Additionally, if you like what you see, I encourage you to go introduce yourself on the Level 1 Assassin Initiates Q&A/Chat thread as well!  There are a lot of fun people hanging out as they consider whether to join us - and you can make new friends, ask questions of guild leadership, post awesome gifs (we wouldn't be Assassins without gif parties) and more!  I hope to see you there soon.

If you ever need anything, feel free to PM me or catch my attention by quoting one of my posts.  Otherwise, I or one of my colleagues will be stopping by to check in on you and celebrate your successes as the challenge goes on.  Now get out there and crush those goals!

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Thanks!! I've popped over a few times already. Can't wait for things to really get started tomorrow!!

• Like 1

Lady of Gallifrey

Human Time Lord

16.7%
16.7%

44%
44%

Love your motivation! What is your plan for the pull-up? It felt like  took me forever to finally get mine, but so worth it. I still remember how proud I was when it finally happened.

Since one of your goals is walking I thought you might be interested in this PVP.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/60673-starts-23-feb-2015-pvp-walkers/ 

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Thank you very much! She is absolutely wonderful. :)

I'll be using some DVDs for this challenge. I'm planning on buying a car this spring/summer and that will help me to be abel to get to actual classes. I'm using some BUTI Yoga DVDs a friend gave me...they're pretty sexy, and I like that they're different from "normal" yoga practices. Gaiam DVDs are nice too. That's what I was using before the BUTI Yoga DVDs. 

Thanks for the luck!!

Nice, just had a look at the BUTI website, looks good and interesting! How has the first day of the challenge been for you?

• Like 1

Aquatic Elf

Challenges 1 2

Love your motivation! What is your plan for the pull-up? It felt like  took me forever to finally get mine, but so worth it. I still remember how proud I was when it finally happened.

Since one of your goals is walking I thought you might be interested in this PVP.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/60673-starts-23-feb-2015-pvp-walkers/ 

Thanks Elastigirl! I don't really have a plan. I have a pull up bar in between my kitchen and living room that I try to use every time I walk through the doorway, but that's about all I've got. Any tips?

I just signed up for the PVP! Thanks for pointing me there!

Good luck with your Tone workout today!

Thanks Lilith! I totally needed it...I pretty much died! :P I'm definitely going to need to make some adjustments to my workout schedule. I was going to follow along with the schedule that came with the DVDs, but I'm SO not there yet! Maybe on the next challenge.

Nice, just had a look at the BUTI website, looks good and interesting! How has the first day of the challenge been for you?

I'm hoping that BUTI yoga being so different from "regular" yoga will help me to stay motivated. My day so far...a bit challenging. I woke up a bit later than I planned, the workout was much harder than I was expecting (I barely made it through the whole thing), and when I got to work someone had left a pile of Hershey kisses on my desk as a thank you!! I put the kisses in the waiting area candy dish without even eating one! Which was actually harder than you'd think, but I think that being held accountable by the rebellion gave me the strength to resist the temptation!!! :) I think the rest of the day will be better. Thanks for checking in!

• Like 3

Lady of Gallifrey

Human Time Lord

16.7%
16.7%

44%
44%

Good job on resisting the temptation ! I got a few last week from one of my bosses (at 75% cocoa and from a french chocolatier) , I kept them to myself but only eat one every 2 days (I deserve it and it's not that that is going to ruin everything... I guess !).

And good job on your 1st day :). Even if some things didn't go as planned you managed to go through it !

• Like 1

Ellith - Level 2 - Night elf assassin
STR 3.5|DEX 0|CON 2|STA 3.5|WIS 1|CHA 1

A little bit about me : Here
Challenges : 1 - Current challenge

Good job on resisting the temptation ! I got a few last week from one of my bosses (at 75% cocoa and from a french chocolatier) , I kept them to myself but only eat one every 2 days (I deserve it and it's not that that is going to ruin everything... I guess !).

And good job on your 1st day :). Even if some things didn't go as planned you managed to go through it !

Thanks! Oh my! I probably would have done the same thing if the chocolates had been that nice! :)

Thanks again. I adjusted my workout schedule already and anticipate making a few other small adjustments throughout this week. I hope that my challenge goals/schedule/etc will be solid by the start of Week 2. Thanks for the support! :)

• Like 1

Lady of Gallifrey

Human Time Lord

16.7%
16.7%

44%
44%

I'm hoping that BUTI yoga being so different from "regular" yoga will help me to stay motivated. My day so far...a bit challenging. I woke up a bit later than I planned, the workout was much harder than I was expecting (I barely made it through the whole thing), and when I got to work someone had left a pile of Hershey kisses on my desk as a thank you!! I put the kisses in the waiting area candy dish without even eating one! Which was actually harder than you'd think, but I think that being held accountable by the rebellion gave me the strength to resist the temptation!!! :) I think the rest of the day will be better. Thanks for checking in!

Well done you on staying so strong! 

• Like 1

Aquatic Elf

Challenges 1 2

Thanks Elastigirl! I don't really have a plan. I have a pull up bar in between my kitchen and living room that I try to use every time I walk through the doorway, but that's about all I've got. Any tips?

I just signed up for the PVP! Thanks for pointing me there!

What you are doing is a great plan. If you are tired and can't do a full pull up, just hang from the bar a bit or do a negative

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien