Mad Hatter bends over backwards

Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter bends over backwards

Hi! I'm a level 15? 1 dabbler assassin (and perpetual noob). In my past lives I've played with circus, aerial, poledance, acroyoga, climbing, kitesurfing, lindy-hop, ballroom dancing, gymnastics, burlesque and I love it all! But lately I've been utterly fascinated by contortion and handbalancing and my current epic quest is to develop super powers in all things bendy and upside down!

giphy.gif

I feel like the last 1 3 5 challenges have been all over the place, and that I've strayed quite far from this epic quest. Perhaps not in goals, but in spirit. So in this challenge I'm going to concentrate on a single superpower with razor sharp focus - flexibility.

Goal #1: Streeeetch! (DEX +5)

I'm going to train for flexibility for an hour every day, in some way or other. My training sessions should be a combination of deep stretching, mobility work and strength training for the back, core and hips to keep my body happy and bendy. This is the main goal for this challenge and even if I fail at everything else that's fine as long as I really tried my best to reach this goal!

Goal #2: Fix my environment (CON +4)

What's the point in training everyday if I'm just going to undo any progress through my daily habits? I've already introduced a few experimental changes at work that I'll expand on some other day, but this goal is not about tracking each of them. It's more exploratory in nature so I'll just see how it evolves.

Goal #3: Shinies! (DEX +1)

Every week I'm going to explore a new movement that requires a high degree of flexibility. This could be dancey floorwork, or linking a few static poses together into a flow, or just anything cool that I've found on the interwebs. I don't have to nail anything, I just need to challenge myself and give it a good try even if I end up looking like an ass.

Goal #4: Love the process! (WIS+2, CHA +3)

The first part of this goal is to document the process. I will post a video every week and also a daily reflection. The second part is remember to love the process, and not to be so harsh on myself. I'm going to practice it by saying something positive about my training or my body in the daily reflection.

And for full disclosure you might hear lots of other tales in this thread, of handbalancing, climbing, strength training, maybe some aerial and the makings of tasty food!

Wheeeeee!

UJhIuze.gif

• Like 9

Both of those gifs are just mind blowing.  I can't wait to see the videos, and I'm glad your goals are structured to help you get back on track with everything.  :)

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

HELLOOOO! Sounds like a solid plan to me!

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Good to see you back in full swing (or attempting to be!) after the excitement of all the cool things of the last couple months :D Following, and looking forward to it!

Level 25 Cyborg Assassin

[ STR 36.75 | DEX 26.00 | STA 28.00 | CON 31.25 | WIS 29.25 | CHA 24.50 ]

current 5-week challenge: March 2020

external websites with my resources for...

fitness & breathwork | mental math & mind sports | motivation & productivity

in for awesome bendyness :)

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

Yay! So glad to have you with me! :D

Both of those gifs are just mind blowing.  I can't wait to see the videos, and I'm glad your goals are structured to help you get back on track with everything.   :)

I thought I'd try out the obsess over a single thing strategy this time. :) Hope it will work out!

Assassin recruit following for flexibi|ity/higher level inspiration. The full routine from the first .gif is fairly fantastic.

I'll do my best. :) And I love that routine! :D 

I'd bend over backwards to follow this thread ;D Subbed for awesome flexibility inspiration! 

Half-Elf: Ranger/Assassin

Challenges: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6a] [6b] [7] [8] [8.5] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [ --> Battle Log]

Old Battle Logs [2017] New Battle Log 2018: Reforged

DragonForging My Life: Epic Quests [Google D] Epic Quests [NF]

Lifter Profile [Symmetric Strength] Racer Profile [Athlinks] Body Comp [G-Sheet] Running Stats [G-Sheet]

Good solid setup! I'm looking forward to the videos.

And heck noob or not I think you're always pretty awesome and inspiring! But if that's what you want, I toast to your unnoobingness! (or something like that)

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl fixes the batcaves

my instagram - my gym's instagram

What a great challenge!!! I want to start taking pole and aerial classes in the next few months. Good luck on your challenge! I'm sure you're going to do great!

Lady of Gallifrey

Human Time Lord

Challenge Thread || Walking PVP Thread

Level: 0 - Future Assassin || STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

Walking 1,000 Miles in 2015 // 167.30 miles as of March 7, 2015

16.7%
16.7%

Body Fat Percentage // 44% as of January 1, 2015

44%
44%

This is going to be fun!

Subb'd for bendy ideas, I'm trying to work on my flexibility too! Good luck with your challenge, I'm excited to see your progress!

Thanks! Are you going to join the challenge? I want a place to stalk support you! ;)

Good solid setup! I'm looking forward to the videos.

And heck noob or not I think you're always pretty awesome and inspiring! But if that's what you want, I toast to your unnoobingness! (or something like that)

Aww shucks! I wrote it more as a disclaimer to keep expectations low for anyone that doesn't know me haha. :P But cheers to unnoobingness!

Huh, that was a surprisingly awkward word to spell.

What a great challenge!!! I want to start taking pole and aerial classes in the next few months. Good luck on your challenge! I'm sure you're going to do great!

Do eeeet!!! It's so much fun! 

And welcome to NF darling!

Yay bendy!

Don't tell but I'm going to start practicing my race squirming so I can be GIF #2.

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

I signed up for the gym today guys. A real gym! Haven't been to one of those in... forever, unless you count the one attempt in the hotel gym in Thailand, but I thought I'd give it a go. I've actually decided to not schedule any classes next term, or perhaps just one, but to train on my own for a while. I've learned so much from my classes but I'm at a stage where honestly I just need to put in the work. And while I do find classes really fun, my bank account is in a sorry state of affairs after all the traveling and I'd really like to not have such a super rigid timetable. I want to play with whatever I feel like on the day and maybe go dancing and to acro jams again once in a while. I'm thinking that if I do good consistent work but still end up stuck I can always treat myself to a private lesson. I considered simply training at home but let's face it, when I get home from work I either want to crash or eat. Or both. But the gym is close to my work so I could go during my lunch break and free up some time in the evening. Bonus!

• Like 8

Especially now money is tight you have to get the most out of the money you are spending on the gym, so you will just HAVE to go! :D I hope you will enjoy it and get great results! 

I wouldn't say that money is tight. It's just that I've eaten into pretty much all my savings and I want to build up a big buffer for when I decide to take a long break. I don't know when that will be or what I'd do, but when I decide to travel or move country or change career path I want to be ready for it financially. Which means I have to start behaving with my monies...  :unsure:

• Like 4