Kellie is going to get the job done!

astormofsparkle

I'm going to begin this post by say that I'm terrified. Is there such a thing as stressful excitement? Excited panic?

I was pointed to NF by a friend, who has been utilizing the site. My current position in life has left me feeling less than stellar about myself as a whole. Constantly trying to better every part of me all at the same time has proven overwhelming even with countless means of support. I can't make the change unless I'm ready to stick to it and take it one day at a time. Which are the exact reasons I find myself giving up time and again.

I'm Kellie. I'm in my early-thirties, living in Canada, and I'm unemployed. While I won't completely soak this in too much emotion, I will say that the past few years have been exceedingly trying on me both physically and mentally. My physical condition has always been poor despite being active for a good part of my early life. My emotional and mental condition has gone down quite a bit, which has halted any and all desire to really make myself happy. While medical treatment can help, I'm sure it can only do so much.

That said, I'm ready to make a change. I'm ready to be the bright and happy person that I use to be. I just have to find her again, which I'm hoping that I can...but not in the next six weeks.

Expecting to achieve all of that in six weeks would drive me crazy. I would give up before I even put my foot out the door! So I'm taking it slow with one foot at a time. :)

Main Quest: Lose 10lbs over the next six weeks.

Quest 1: 15 mins of activity a day, five days a week. I do love to walk, but I will be honest and say that it's difficult for me with the amount of snow, ice, and the frigid temperatures. However, I do have alternatives to walking outside by traveling to the nearest shopping center. Aside from walking, I look to household chores (vacuuming, laundry runs up and down the steps, general straightening) since any movement is usually better than none at all.

Quest 2: Drink more water! I try and drink water as often as possible, but I don't drink enough. There are also the times when I've usually diluted fruit juice which doesn't truly count for pure water intake. I'm targeting 32 oz, but if I achieve more, gold star for me!

Quest 3: Record what I eat. I honestly believe that this is one of those things that can help someone lose weight. You never realize how much you eat until you actually write down every little thing you put into your mouth. I've gone through Weight Watchers plenty of times to know this is true. Once you take note of how much you're taking it, you learn how much you can really leave out.

Life Quest: Wake up every morning and write down something I am thankful for. I have to remind myself that even on those days when I wake up feeling like the world is against me, there is someone out there who cares about me. That person, first and foremost, should be me.

Motivation: I want to be the person I use to be. I want to wake up feeling creative, dance around the house singing without a care, gain the confidence to believe that I am an awesome individual, and get past the social awkwardness that I feel now.

I look forward to taking on this challenge and helping my fellow nerds out!

For the Horde! ... wait, too much?

• Like 7

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

MFP: kelliefications | battlelog | NF instagram

The NF Society

"Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world." - Marilyn Monroe

STR 2.25 DEX 2.25 STA 2.25 CON 4 WIS 7 CHA 10.25

campaign -  act iiiact iiact i

HELLO HI GREETINGS~

f85c193c1bba824e3fec99d7e65a9bd2.jpg

*gives you 5 million hugs*

I am so proud of you for not only doing awesome things for yourself, but realizing how AWESOME you are and that you deserve to be happy and feel wonderful about yourself. [emoji178] Baby steps are key - it really took me until my 3rd challenge here to see all my efforts paying off and I had that big 'whoa' moment and it was all so worthwhile!

LOK'TAR OGAR!!! XD XD

• Like 2

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

» visit me @ my BATTLE LOG~

Life Quest: Wake up every morning and write down something I am thankful for. I have to remind myself that even on those days when I wake up feeling like the world is against me, there is someone out there who cares about me. That person, first and foremost, should be me.

Motivation: I want to be the person I use to be. I want to wake up feeling creative, dance around the house singing without a care, gain the confidence to believe that I am an awesome individual, and get past the social awkwardness that I feel now.

I look forward to taking on this challenge and helping my fellow nerds out!

For the Horde! ... wait, too much?

Hi !

First I have to say, your life quest is amazing. I think everyone should do it. It's so easy to focus on the negative part of our life and we always almost forget all the positive that happens every day. I don't do it but I'm gonna try to follow your lead, it can only bring something good :).

Great motivation ! I don't know you, but I'm pretty sure that you're awesome and that you deserve to feel like it :).

I'm also in Canada, and I just can't wait for spring to finally come back (without the slush but that would be too much to ask).

Good luck with your challenge  :joyous: .

And to finish, just one thing : For the alliance !!  :playful:

• Like 2

Ellith - Level 2 - Night elf assassin
STR 3.5|DEX 0|CON 2|STA 3.5|WIS 1|CHA 1

A little bit about me : Here
Challenges : 1 - Current challenge

I'm watching you, shaarawy!  :redface:

I agree, Ellith! It's difficult to remember the positive points in life. Sometimes letting out the bad just leaves more room for the good. I like to think of it that way, too. Everyone is awesome (everything is awesome! everything is cool when you're part of a team~) and should use that word daily.  :surprise:

Thank you! Good luck to you as well.

Nooooo! ...Actually I can't say that. I play Alliance, too. :x

• Like 2

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

it's good to be scared.  Apparently bravery is being scared but still doing something.

You might notice that someone has added a tag to your post.  This is not to box you into a corner but rather because your goals or lifestyle have links to the guild you've been tagged and we'd like to bring you to the attention of one of their guild ambassadors. These ambassadors will be able to offer you advice, encouragement and support on your goals.  You don't even have to wait around for them to come introduce themselves to you, you are more than welcome to pop into the Adventurers' board and introduce yourself to the guildies there. I am also around to answer any questions that you might have so do not hesitate to PM me.

Good Luck with your challenge

AB xx

• Like 1

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Welcome to NF, Kellie! Anxiety is real, but there's no need for it here, we don't bite unless we're hungry or threatened. *wink*

As is traditional, the presentation of the silly, random gif:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-18987-1387491203-5.

Awareness is everything. Recording what you eat and avoiding liquid calories will help you not only tackle your main quest, but your water quest as well! 

• Like 4

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

Why does this look so fun???  If I could be in a 8 inch thick snowsuit so I wouldn't be cold and sad I would have this fun.

• Like 1

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...

Great goals. Where are you tracking your eating? If you don't already have something, myfitnesspal.com is pretty awesome for that. 

I have MFP and ... never use it. How terrible??? This just means I have no reason not to use it!

it's good to be scared.  Apparently bravery is being scared but still doing something.

You might notice that someone has added a tag to your post.  This is not to box you into a corner but rather because your goals or lifestyle have links to the guild you've been tagged and we'd like to bring you to the attention of one of their guild ambassadors. These ambassadors will be able to offer you advice, encouragement and support on your goals.  You don't even have to wait around for them to come introduce themselves to you, you are more than welcome to pop into the Adventurers' board and introduce yourself to the guildies there. I am also around to answer any questions that you might have so do not hesitate to PM me.

Good Luck with your challenge

AB xx

Thank you so much! I'm excited to start this journey.

Welcome to NF, Kellie! Anxiety is real, but there's no need for it here, we don't bite unless we're hungry or threatened. *wink*

As is traditional, the presentation of the silly, random gif:

Awareness is everything. Recording what you eat and avoiding liquid calories will help you not only tackle your main quest, but your water quest as well! 

It is, but it has gone down greatly since posting this last night. Reading through the forums, I'm so impressed at how supportive people can be. Especially on the internet.

And that is pretty much what we look like right now in Canada. Well, that's what I look like.  :highly_amused:

Why does this look so fun???  If I could be in a 8 inch thick snowsuit so I wouldn't be cold and sad I would have this fun.

They have those here! That's what I keep saying I need to do anything outdoors right now.

• Like 2

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

I like your challenge, and I REALLY like your life goal. I love MFP. It's such a great resource! Good luck on your challenge!

• Like 1

Lady of Gallifrey

Human Time Lord

Challenge Thread || Walking PVP Thread

Level: 0 - Future Assassin || STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

Walking 1,000 Miles in 2015 // 167.30 miles as of March 7, 2015

16.7%
16.7%

Body Fat Percentage // 44% as of January 1, 2015

44%
44%

I like your challenge, and I REALLY like your life goal. I love MFP. It's such a great resource! Good luck on your challenge!

Thank you!

Also, River Song <3

• Like 1

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

Looks like you have a strong challenge setup. I really like your life quest and motivation. I've spent the last two years and fixing myself due to depression and anxiety. If you want a friend for encouragement on MFP, my profile is in my sig.

• Like 1

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

Looks like you have a strong challenge setup. I really like your life quest and motivation. I've spent the last two years and fixing myself due to depression and anxiety. If you want a friend for encouragement on MFP, my profile is in my sig.

tumblr_inline_negr0qDDZm1ritqt7.gif

I also sent you a friend request on MFP! :)

• Like 1

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

Welcome to NF once again! Your challenge looks like a great way to build habits that will help you along even after the challenge ends :) All the best in the challenge, and holler if you need anything! :D

All the best! Subscribing to cheer you on. :D

Many thanks! :D

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

CHALLENGE DAY 1!! :D :D :D

tumblr_nk6pmoceOz1sz111so1_500.gif

• Like 3

I have got to learn how to insert pictures.

Anyway....

First of all, figuring out there's a problem is the first step to fixing it.  Coming up with a plan is the second.  So you're already two steps in!  YAY!

Let's go kick some Challenge ass.

Lok'tar Ogar!  FOR THE HORDE!

• Like 1

SW (this time) -- 260 lbs
GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

CHALLENGE DAY 1!! :D :D :D

tumblr_nk6pmoceOz1sz111so1_500.gif

SCOUTS UNITE! I am READY!

I have got to learn how to insert pictures.

Anyway....

First of all, figuring out there's a problem is the first step to fixing it.  Coming up with a plan is the second.  So you're already two steps in!  YAY!

Let's go kick some Challenge ass.

Lok'tar Ogar!  FOR THE HORDE!

If I can keep reminding myself that it's okay to have down days and that it's okay to not be okay, I can get through this! I can only go forward and keep my chin up!

BLOOD AND THUNDER!

undead_male250x.gif

• Like 3

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

As the Warchief says,

"This world don't give us nothing, Kellie. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back. This Horde be our family! We don't always see eye-to-eye. We come to blows before. But when we work together - ah - there's nothing this Horde can't do." ~ Vol'Jin   Back to back, so we've always got each other's.  That's how Nerds should fight. 
  • Like 3

SW (this time) -- 260 lbs
GW (June 1) -- 220 lbs

As the Warchief says,

"This world don't give us nothing, Kellie. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back. This Horde be our family! We don't always see eye-to-eye. We come to blows before. But when we work together - ah - there's nothing this Horde can't do." ~ Vol'Jin   Back to back, so we've always got each other's.  That's how Nerds should fight. 

VOL'JIN.  Possible my favorite WoW character.  Well, aside from Cairne...

... *sobs quietly to self*

• Like 2

Too many horde players around here... Where are the alliance fighters ??!

Good luck on your 1st day :)

And like you said, it's okay to have down days, you just have to realize that 1 - you are not alone in this and 2 - having one bad day won't ruin your effort, you just have to keep going :).

• Like 1

Ellith - Level 2 - Night elf assassin
STR 3.5|DEX 0|CON 2|STA 3.5|WIS 1|CHA 1

A little bit about me : Here
Challenges : 1 - Current challenge

As the Warchief says,

Oh gosh, I just got a little emotional.

783792.gif

Too many horde players around here... Where are the alliance fighters ??!

Good luck on your 1st day :)

And like you said, it's okay to have down days, you just have to realize that 1 - you are not alone in this and 2 - having one bad day won't ruin your effort, you just have to keep going :).

I have a soft spot for Tyrande, too. She's just too cool for words!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Good luck to you, too! :D

• Like 1

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society