No registered users viewing this page.

Hazard

The Animus (share your accomplishments)

Upload your Awesomeness!

animus_word_update_1_28_2_by_redhead_86-

Proud of a new personal record?

Do something on video?

Have before/after progress pics?

Did you walk 500 miles and then walk 500 more? (da da lat da)

If you've done something you're proud of

Share it here!

• Like 7

Can non (or former) Assassins share Assassiny feats here?

Sounds like you really want to be an Assassin. :P   Need me to move your challenge thread over?

• Like 4

Sounds like you really want to be an Assassin. :tongue:   Need me to move your challenge thread over?

I was happy with my decision, and now you had to make me think, didn't you?

The more I think about it, the more unsure I am. How common is it for assassins to do cardio? I'm doing a combination of bodyweight strength training and running this challenge. To be honest, as an Assassin/Scout hybrid I don't really quite fit anywhere. Rangers are more Warrior/Scout-ish than anything else, it seems.

• Like 1

To be honest, as an Assassin/Scout hybrid I don't really quite fit anywhere.

I'm an Assassin/Druid hybrid.  I fit in both and tailor my challenges to my current goals!  Nobody in either guild is ever sad when I share.  Rebels support rebels across guilds!  Also, we never really leave the assassins.  :ph34r:

• Like 6

I do running and bodyweight training as well - I just post my challenge where I feel at home, which is here :) 

And I'm going to post an achievement here because while it may be 2 days old, I'm still super proud of it!

9095b8db67f0ff8205bb93dc8d405920.png

I managed to run 4k in 30 minutes, which means I lowered my average pace to below 8 minutes - it was around 9 minutes before that. So so so happy. :)

• Like 11

I was happy with my decision, and now you had to make me think, didn't you?

The more I think about it, the more unsure I am. How common is it for assassins to do cardio? I'm doing a combination of bodyweight strength training and running this challenge. To be honest, as an Assassin/Scout hybrid I don't really quite fit anywhere. Rangers are more Warrior/Scout-ish than anything else, it seems.

I lift, do bodyweight exercises/stretches, and walk. So do lots of Assassins, really, I think you'll find if you peruse the challenge threads. Be where you feel at home, that's all that really matters as long as you're giving the challenge everything you've got, right?

• Like 1

Sounds like you really want to be an Assassin. :tongue:   Need me to move your challenge thread over?

Alright, you and the legion of Shadowrunners (As I am now calling Assassin/Scouts) have convinced me. Instead of moving my challenge thread, I'll make a new one, since I need to make a few changes anyway. Could someone with the power delete my ranger thread?

• Like 5

Alright, you and the legion of Shadowrunners (As I am now calling Assassin/Scouts) have convinced me. Instead of moving my challenge thread, I'll make a new one, since I need to make a few changes anyway. Could someone with the power delete my ranger thread?

To be fair, I started as a ranger.   Those rangers are too obsessed with lifting things OTHER than their body.   I mean sure, I do that too... but I do that so I can lift my body better!  :D

(Honestly, rangers are a great bunch, but as a mix of someone who wants to crank out pull ups, push ups and other feats of bodily strength/balance ... and someone who routinely exercises in SUPER high way up there heart rate mode [hockey], I'm pretty happy with the assassin goodness meshing with my goals.)

tl;dr  STICK WITH US!

• Like 3

I wonder what Druid/Assassins would be called now (since I am one)?

• Like 3

I was going to call it "scoutssassin" but this is better.

I'm almost *ALMOST* able to do the full Beginner Body Weight Workout.  I've met or exceeded all of the exercises except the blasted push-ups.  But this was huge for me, to get this far.  

I started with NF last October.  At that point, I couldn't do hardly any of the exercises at all. Couldn't do even one wall push up. Today, I can do all of the squats and lunges and planks and jumping jacks.  I can do twice the weight in the dumbbell rows.  I'm still working on being able to do that first floor push up, and that's the only thing left to accomplish.  But I'm proud of how far I've come. 

• Like 16

I'm almost *ALMOST* able to do the full Beginner Body Weight Workout.  I've met or exceeded all of the exercises except the blasted push-ups.  But this was huge for me, to get this far.  

I started with NF last October.  At that point, I couldn't do hardly any of the exercises at all. Couldn't do even one wall push up. Today, I can do all of the squats and lunges and planks and jumping jacks.  I can do twice the weight in the dumbbell rows.  I'm still working on being able to do that first floor push up, and that's the only thing left to accomplish.  But I'm proud of how far I've come. 

Woho! That's awesome!

• Like 1

20 fckn pull ups!! This a first for me. Although i did cheated a bit on 17 giving a slight jump. But nailed that, finally! !

20 pull-ups? In one set? That's amazing! I can only do one right now; any tips? I'm not sure what kind of volume I need to start training pull-ups productively instead of negatives; maybe 3-5 sets of 3?
  • Like 2

I think yeah you should start with baby steps. aim for sets of small reps and try to build up from there. Also, consider something like the PLP challenge!!

Isn't it recommended you be able to do at least a few pull-ups with good form before doing the PLP challenge?

Get a pullup bar and put it somewhere you walk past regularly.  Then every time you walk past, do an easy set of pullups.  You don't want to go to failure, just somewhere around 70-80% effort.  Pullups, pushups, and such respond really well to grease-the-groove style training.

Did the full NF Academy Bodyweight workout level 5 today! And i'm not even THAT tired!! (okay, that's a lie. my arms are shaking :nevreness: )
I'm still working on that pull-up... For some reason I can do 35 push-ups or 25 dips or however many one-legged squats or... you name it, but I cannot manage to do the damned pull-up!! Definitely something I'm working on :P

Also, a teenytiny question. Regarding carb intake, what's considered low? Today I had +/- 110 grams and about the same amount of protein, but i'm still 200 kcal under my daily goal amount.. And I planned on getting 75 grams of carbs :P I'm not sure what to do here!

Keep on being awesome, assassins and all possible hybrids ;)

• Like 2

Also, a teenytiny question. Regarding carb intake, what's considered low? Today I had +/- 110 grams and about the same amount of protein, but i'm still 200 kcal under my daily goal amount.. And I planned on getting 75 grams of carbs :P I'm not sure what to do here!s

Ask in the Den please. This thread isn't really intended for general chat.

-

Way to go, that is so AWESOME!! Congrats on the progress!

amazing.gif?w=430

• Like 1