• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hazard

The Animus (share your accomplishments)

So these happened last Thursday, which is the first time I've done them since coming back to pole in September (I overused my wrist and had to stop for June-August to heal, with additional Chiro visits).  May I also say I've never really taken my hands off like I have in the videos even before leaving?   SCORE!!!

• Like 9

So these happened last Thursday, which is the first time I've done them since coming back to pole in September (I overused my wrist and had to stop for June-August to heal, with additional Chiro visits).  May I also say I've never really taken my hands off like I have in the videos even before leaving?   SCORE!!!

Damn.  So strong and brave.  CONGRATS!

• Like 3

Sometimes, it is not easy to see results, but I realized yesterday that - although my weight has been steady, I've lost body fat and gained muscle.  My BF% had been in the low 30's .... yesterday, I noticed on the scale that it is reading BF% at 28.8%.  

• Like 6

I'm officially member of the 600 club!!!

My personal bests (atm)

5x5 Benchpress (58 kg) 128 lbs

3x5 Squat (100 kg) 220 lbs

1x5 Deadlift (115 kg) 253 lbs

A total of 601 lbs!!!

• Like 8

I'm officially member of the 600 club!!!

My personal bests (atm)

5x5 Benchpress (58 kg) 128 lbs

3x5 Squat (100 kg) 220 lbs

1x5 Deadlift (115 kg) 253 lbs

A total of 601 lbs!!!

I knew you meant either 600 lbs. lifted, or 600 marshmallow peeps ingested. I'm relieved it's the former, yet disappointed it's not the latter.

• Like 4

To be fair, I'm not a big fan of marshmallow peeps either.

And another win for today, i have learned it's officially marshmAllow instead of marshmEllow! Can this day become any better...

511a45fedabe8ffa988f23fc19b652a21ff88ef8

• Like 6

I GOT TO SWIM IN MY TAIL FOR THE FIRST EVER TODAY!!!!!

Now to be fair swimming in my tail is honestly no different than swimming in just my monofin. Maybe I get just a tad bit more drag.

But I don't know seeing a mermaid shadow in the pool and looking down to see scales...I couldn't stop smiling.

And I practiced my "emergency" procedure so when I finally go to the aquatics director to demonstrate my competency I'll be super confident in my skills.

Man I'm so happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Okay! TWO handstand milestones today. I'm still against the wall or a door frame, but I am making progress.

First was that for the first time, I actually felt like I had some shoulder girdle control during the handstand. A few times before this I've been able to hold a few seconds of balance away from the wall, but couldn't effectively use my shoulders to shift my weight and correct my balance. It had basically just been me kicking up with EXACTLY the right amount of momentum. But today I actually had some slight ability to control my balance! YAY!

Second was that I learned an important lesson about doing too many handstands. I'd been slacking off on my goal of doing 100 handstands over the break, and only did a few while at my mother's for the holidays. I usually do sets of five, and I'd done one this afternoon, but trying to make up for lost time, I figured I'd do another set this evening, and decided to just use the frame of the open doorway in my workout area. I figured that way I'd have more of the feeling of being unsupported - I couldn't just fling myself at the wall - but still have something to rest my feet on for balance.

Then a little later, after some screwing around with kettlebells, I decided I'd do a third set...

Well, after two, my arms were feeling a little wobbly, but damnit, I was going to finish that set! 

On handstand #4 I tipped forward slightly, and my arms couldn't support my weight, I didn't tip over backwards, but I did a slow-ish handstand-pushup type faceplant and scuffed my head on the floor. (It is under construction, so it is just rough OSB subflooring - very abrasive.) 

My first handstand-related injury!

Terrible cell-phone picture. Just a scrape. It'll scab up, but I'm not actively bleeding.

My partner was kind of upset, but I'm feeling pretty good about it. It was just like, "Oh, so that is what happens if I stay in a handstand past the point my arms can support me." Lesson learned. Handstands BEFORE kettlebells, and stop when the arms say stop.

And maybe I'll put an old yoga mat down, because man, even with a pretty soft landing, that OSB is like a cheese grater...

• Like 6

Holy Crap, ya'll are impressive, especially dropping 4 sizes! Man that's sweet. Now I feel all motivated to go do something Woot!-worthy  :pride:

(Sadly that would require getting out of bed so it might have to wait till a teensy bit later)

I have officially reached the weight range appropriate for my height this month. ( Down from a 100 kgs to 60 kgs ) 

More importantly, 

I can actually run !! Without feeling like my lungs are trying to escape from my chest. 

I think the happiest person is my dog. Best.Accountability.Buddy.Ever. 

No excuses work on her. Walkies have to be had. Not entire miles , but I do run 5 to 6 minutes fits alongside her. This is the life, man. This is the life. 

• Like 7

Super happy dance! What a milestone!!!

Things are only getting better from here. More types of exercise will open up. Be sure to adjust your goals and keep on pushing.

Wow congrats!!!!!!

• Like 1

I was practicing kicking up into handstands against the wall today. Because the other day I was able to do it 3 times in a row, I'm thinking "yay it's getting to the point where I can consistently do this maybe, woo!". I can still only get a couple handstands in before my back gets lazy, but it's progress! So today I'm practicing, and I start focusing on bringing my kicking leg up to meet my other leg *before* hitting the wall, y'no, form progression and stuff. 

And then I forgot to hit the wall. 

O_O

You guys I think I just did my first real handstand.

I just kinda floated for a second or so. I have no idea what it actually looked like because my friend was a little slow with the camera and I couldn't recreate it. But. !!!!!

• Like 9

Hello Assassins! I've been away for a while (I originally went by the handle darylb11005), and away from my Assassin-esque workouts for just as long. However, recently decided to get back into parkour training. I finally drove the 60+ miles to the nearest parkour gym to take their free intro class, and actually managed a wall-run/ climb-up! Not on my first try, mind you, but I still got there. Now to hopefully do that 1000 more times. It felt great, much like when I finally managed that first pull-up nearly a year ago.

Anyway, I'd say there is a high likelihood I'll be donning the Assassin hood once again, in the very near future.

• Like 2

I've been away from the forums for a fair bit , but I figure it's forgivable seeing as how screen time is one of the things that fell by the ways side due to training.

I've recently finish am 8 week intro to parkour class and am now moving on to lvl 2 (instructor told me to look at that and skip the lvl 1 class!!)

Re-ran the time trial from the first class and cut 22 seconds off my time.

I am addicted! I'd like to keep up with posts but forgive me if I'm sporadic as I'm starting to train for a parkour competition in August 2017!

Sorry about the wall of text. I'm just so pumped!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk