The Animus (share your accomplishments)

Hazard

I joined Nerd Fitness in August and have been working towards more awesome ever since. I'm super excited today because I was finally able to 4 on the floor push ups!! I have been working towards it for the last 6 months and am feeling super awesome. Here's to more push-ups and progress!

• Like 11

Level: 8   Race: Wood Elf   Class: Ranger at Heart -  Training with the Adventurers

Current Adventure: A New Hope

Past Challenges: 1st  âœ² 2nd âœ² 3rd ✲ 4th ✲ 5th âœ² 6th âœ² 7th  âœ² 8th âœ² 9th

“I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams†- Eleventh Doctor

I joined Nerd Fitness in August and have been working towards more awesome ever since. I'm super excited today because I was finally able to 4 on the floor push ups!! I have been working towards it for the last 6 months and am feeling super awesome. Here's to more push-ups and progress!

Sweeet! 

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

So last night I did a set of towel pull-ups because a few different people were talking about doing them.  So I went in with the mindset that I would do them as part of my PLB for the day.  So I was planning on doing 3 sets of 8 for PLB 24 but for the first set decided to do max reps just to see how many I could do.  I did 12 towel pull-ups in the first set!  Which is a new record for me for number of pull-ups in a row also!  The second set I got to 8 and took a quick break and then busted out the other 4.  But the 12 is definitely a personal best!

• Like 5

Spartan Assassin: Level 15

STR31   DEX26   STA27  CON25   WIS28   CHA23

Thinking that balance poses were not going to be on the table (mat? something like that) for the foreseeable future, I achieved a forearm head bridge yesterday. And then this morning, I executed a forearm headstand -- up against the wall, but I am thrilled to be able to do anything fun.

My unsupported one's still wobbly and flaily. I need to rebuild some balance and core strength before doing decent headstands again, and have never done them from my elbows  before. Thank you again, again, lucky fire dragon, for posting your progress shot or I'd never have thought I could do the headstand.

Will keep working on it, and/but I am happy that Assassinly goals aren't out of reach just because I have a wrist that's not ready to participate.

• Like 2

lvl 0 Daoine Sidhe(Cave Elf) Recruit
Druid/Assassins take pruning *very* seriously.

"I'm not a bat, but I know things." - Tansy, Symbiont by Mira Grant

Battle log * Recruit Challenge

I apparently now can get one of my legs behind my head. I just need to find a way to keep it in place. Ah the magic of boredom.

• Like 4

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

I apparently now can get one of my legs behind my head. I just need to find a way to keep it in place. Ah the magic of boredom.

Really cool!

• Like 1

Today I did an actual push up!

This is such a tiny accomplishment to most people but after 7 years of bad form I had to go right back to box push ups and sort it all out. I am so pleased to have finally done a 'proper' push up and can't wait to build on it and start doing even more!

• Like 13

TKDgirl Level 3 amazon

STR 7 DEX 0 STA 7 CON 10 WIS 6 CHA 3

Challenges: 1 2, current

20 good form push ups

45%
45%

Today I did an actual push up!

This is such a tiny accomplishment to most people but after 7 years of bad form I had to go right back to box push ups and sort it all out. I am so pleased to have finally done a 'proper' push up and can't wait to build on it and start doing even more!

That's so fantastic!!! I think it's huge!! Congratulations on your first push up!!

Sent from my Samsung S4 using Tapatalk.

Granny Nogg - Level 10 Warrior

Battle Log| Challenge 8 |Challenge 9 | Challenge 10

My Job | My Epic Quest | Instagram

"Those are not my monkeys."

I also found out I can do a bridge pose. Wonder why I never tried to see if I could do it before?

And I apparently now a small/xsmall top wise (long way from large)

• Like 5

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

I also found out I can do a bridge pose. Wonder why I never tried to see if I could do it before?

And I apparently now a small/xsmall top wise (long way from large)

Congrats on the downsizing!!

Sent from my Samsung S4 using Tapatalk.

• Like 1

Granny Nogg - Level 10 Warrior

Battle Log| Challenge 8 |Challenge 9 | Challenge 10

My Job | My Epic Quest | Instagram

"Those are not my monkeys."

Not one, but three new personal records broken in today's fitness test! Two of them - the ones in bold - were my weakest stations last year.

1.5 mile run = 14:12 (down from 14:42 at last attempt / 16:10 in test last March)

Inverted rows in 30sec = 28 (up from 23 in previous best / 3 in test last March)

Sit-ups in 1min = 30 (up from 26 last March, which was also my previous best)

Three cheers for NF!

• Like 5

Completed 5 reps of 30 lb kettlebell Turkish Get Ups

• Like 7

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

This thread seems kinda empty atm, but fortunately I have an achievement to share with you all :)

11 months ago, when I just started at Nerd Fitness, I weighed 160 lb at 5'4''. Today, I weighed in at 125 lb, losing 35 lb and finally reaching my long-awaited weight loss goal!

Over the last 11 months, I've gone from 73 kg (160 lb) to 57 kg (125 lb)! I weighed in at 56.7 kg this morning, and now I'm finally done!

Before:

q6G2EKCm.jpg 4bN5Wj0m.jpg

After:

VwHZGyDm.jpg zo9O49lm.jpg

Now I can start eating at maintenance, and work towards a bulking level of intake. Muscle building and tons of food; can't wait!

• Like 14