Shukar follows the Plan

Shukar

Hello nerds, it is me, Shukar. Your friendly neighborhood guild leader and Scout about town. The last few challenges I've been having some trouble sticking with my plans, so I'm gonna try scaling it back further and a couple of new styles of goals and hope that helps kickstart things. Further complicating matters is that 2 of the 6 weeks of the challenge I'll be spending almost my entire week at work, which will make challenge goals tricky but I'll have to do the best I can.

So a little about me, I'm a runner mostly, in my mid-20s, I work in tech support (for all intents and purposes), my fitness goals basically are to run more and better (and find other things I can do which will support that) and the slow progress of figuring out what that means and how to make it all work together.

So how about those goals?

1) Follow the plan.

I've got a running plan, 3 runs a week with a short/easy run, a set of sprints, and a long run. I likely won't be able to make all of them happen, being out of town the entire first week of the challenge will make the long run at least difficult for example, but all I can do is the best I can. 

2) Slowly getting Stronger

My strength goals last time around were clearly a bit ambitious, so I'm scaling them back for this. The goal is to squat/deadlift 10 times this challenge. That's it. 

3) Build up time

What work I did get done last challenge on the Ready to Run checklist was beneficial, so this challenge I'm going to try and improve that time. The goal is to spend a minimum of 15 minutes a week testing the checklist items and working on the ones I can't complete already. In addition I'm going to finish Unbreakable Runner.

So that's the goals, now it's time to get out there and do them. 

Happy Challenge!

• Like 2

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

I know nothing of running, I don't run, I fear the run......

TtAo9puKRyBVu.gif

but I will watch others run and support them.....so go Shu go!!!!!!

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

Mitch, thanks buddy.

Stargazer, and that's what matters. :)

Spoiler

I will face my fear.
-Litany Against Fear

Shukar Still Isn't Lion

funny-dog-playing-cat-explosion.jpg

Spoiler

I will face my fear.
-Litany Against Fear

Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Day -2, Friday.

Lunch was a pastrami sandwich with some veg, chips, and cookies. Dinner was bibimbap, and one of the mexican chocolate pots de creme we made last night.

Listening today included Home Theater Geeks, and This Week in Law. Todays lesson was that sometimes you should wait until the end of the window for best results. 

Activity today included, 2.6 miles of walking, and the Streak. Got 8h sleep last night, so nice. Watched Archer, part of 2046 (it wasn't very good so we nixed that) and the 4th season of Fry and Laurie.

Bis Morgen!

Spoiler

I will face my fear.
-Litany Against Fear

Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Mai, welcome, enjoy.

Day -1, Saturday.

Brunch was biscuits and gravy at the farmers market. Lunch was a burger, fries, and onion strings; plus part of a shake. Dinner was garlic fries, some of a pretzel, a big plate full of roasted pig, veggies, and tiny potatoes; roast pig dinner of winning.

Listening today was music. Todays lesson was that sometimes being left to ones own devices can yield interesting results. 

Activity today included, 3.7 miles of walking, and the Streak. Got 7h15 of sleep last night. Spent today doing some cleanup, some packing for my work trip that starts tomorrow, and watching some TV (12 monkeys, the second half of the SNL 40th special, an episode of Animaniacs, and an episode of Cosmos.

Bis Morgen!

Spoiler

I will face my fear.
-Litany Against Fear

Shukar Still Isn't Lion

This is me cheering you on while you run:

dr-cox-running-o.gif

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Strip-cheering? That's a new one.

Day 0, Sunday.

Lunch was a sandwich with charcuterie of various types, and some chips. Dinner was a burger, fries, and a blueberry pie shake.

Listening today was a lot of music. Today's lesson was that it's hard to hear both sides of a story when the story keeps changing.

Activity today included 4.4 miles of walking, and the Streak. Got 5h45 of sleep last night. Spent most of the day sitting around work babysitting things. It's gonna be a long week of that which will make getting time in for the workouts tricky, but I'm hopeful I can get some good work on the checklist items at least.

Bis Morgen!

Spoiler

I will face my fear.
-Litany Against Fear

Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Pretty much what it says on the tin, blueberry pie and ice cream blended into a milkshake.

Spoiler

I will face my fear.
-Litany Against Fear

Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Day 1, Monday.

Lunch was preceded by a little chicken, some rice (maybe two spoonfuls), and a little bit of greens; this was the lunch for ants portion of the day; this was followed by a roast beef sandwich and some chips. Dinner was also of two parts, dinner for ants was some very tasty shredded beef, some mashed potatoes that I think had brussels in them, and another couple bites of greens; real dinner was a contain of West Lake Soup, and some fried rice (complete with chicken, beef, and shrimp).

Listening today was This Week in Tech, and Move Smart. Todays lesson was that sometimes it takes multiple people explaining the same concept before it sinks in and peace can be restored. 

Activity today included, 4.1 miles of walking, and the Streak. Got 7h sleep last night. Spent the day at work again, like all of the day, and came back to the hotel to do a couple minutes of sitting in a nice kneeling position and my other exercises before I wrote this and went to bed. 

Bis Morgen!

Spoiler

I will face my fear.
-Litany Against Fear

Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Koo, I hope to give you something to have to keep up with once I'm back to "normal" working hours.

Day 2, Tuesday.

Lunch today was eggs, home fries, and corned beef hash. Dinner was a wonderful assortment of things, including beef tacos with guac, some kind of fish thing, some rice, some sort of baked veggie thing with squash and spinach and cheese I think, and a baked flouta thing that was pretty tasty (can you tell I had nothing to do with the creation or choosing of the food, merely the eating?); all pretty tasty.

Listening today included, Tim Ferriss Show, Cordkillers, Paleo Solution, Savage Lovecast, and some music. Todays lesson was that sometimes once you've exhausted all the options, the only thing to do is add more variables and plow on through. 

Activity today included, 4.9 miles of walking, and the Streak. Got 6h30 of sleep last night. Didn't end up going for a run this morning because it was below freezing out and I don't have suitable anything for that.

Bis Morgen!

Spoiler

I will face my fear.
-Litany Against Fear

Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Day 3, Wednesday.

Lunch was a meat filled sandwich, some fresh sweet potato chips, some tomato basil soup, and some kickass macaroons. Dinner was some pasta, some caprese, some kale salad, and some veggies.

Listening today was Radiolab, and some music. Todays lesson was that just because I have no access to the internet or most of the world, doesn't mean I'll do anything any more productive, I'll just find new ways to waste time.

Activity today included, 4.9 miles of walking, and the Streak. Got 7h15 of sleep last night. Spent the day at work just chatting with some of the outside vendors and getting done what needed doing. 

Bis Morgen!

Spoiler

I will face my fear.
-Litany Against Fear

Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Ok, I must know: what is the Streak? I keep imagining you actually streaking when you say that!

I 2nd this, please explain cause all I can think of is:

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

Re: the Streak; it's a thing I picked up many moons ago (like 2+ years in fact) from BarefootDawsy, every day I do some squats and some pushups (and whenever possible some handstand practice). It's not a lot but it means I do *something* every day. At this point it's part habit, part ritual, and part excuse to not do bigger level things because I'm already doing *something*.

Day 4, Thursday. 

Breakfast was eggs, corned beef hash, and hash browns. Lunch was some salad, some berries, some ribs, some chicken, and some slaw. Dinner was some shredded beef, some veggies, some kind of cornbread thing, some kind of corn including stuffing, and then some chicken. 

Listening today was Security Now. Todays lesson was that just because you're late doesn't mean you won't be the first one there. 

Activity today included, 2.3 miles of walking, and the Streak. Got 6h30 of sleep last night. Spent the day at work, but got to have a nice breakfast with some new associates, which is why I had breakfast at all.

Bis Morgen!

Spoiler

I will face my fear.
-Litany Against Fear

Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Day 5, Friday (holy crap it's already/only friday?)

Lunch was shredded chicken and steak, guac, chips, marinated mushrooms, and some spanish rice. Dinner was mostly the same but the protein was replaced by a season chicken in a chimmichuri sauce. 

Listening today included Security Now, Move Smart, and the Tim Ferriss Show. Todays lesson was that sometimes people are impressed by merely doing one's job adequately, other times I can manage to do more and really blow them away. 

Activity today included, 2.7 miles of walking, and the Streak. Got 6h30 of sleep. Yet another day spent mostly at work talking shop with techies. Brainstormed some ideas for improving this event next year and for streamlining some other events I do throughout the year so it was a productive day. 

Bis Morgen!

Spoiler

I will face my fear.
-Litany Against Fear

Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Seems like a busy week. Got any runs planned for the weekend?

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

18ck, I wish. Sadly I have another long/early day today, and one more tomorrow. So while the scenery would have been amazing for it, didn't get any runs in during my "vacation" this week; instead I spent most of the time sitting/walking around inside. 

Day 6, Saturday.

Breakfast was biscuits and gravy, chicken fried steak, eggs, and grits. Lunch was salmon with bok choy, rice, caprese, a roll slathered in butter, and a tiny little cheesecake bar. Dinner was chicken, more rice, some roasted veggies, a different roll with yet more butter, and a peanut butter cookie and a snicker doodle. 

Listening today was Home Theater Geeks. Todays lesson was that it's always worth testing new things to see if they can prove useful, be it equipment or ideas. 

Activity today included, 2.4 miles of walking, and the Streak. Got 7h sleep last night. Had some great conversation with visiting techs about past stories and about some techie questions I've been toying with and got some new ideas for. Always something new to play with if you look for it.

Bis Morgen!

• Like 1

Spoiler

I will face my fear.
-Litany Against Fear

Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Day 7, Sunday.

Breakfast was corned beef hash, eggs, hash browns, and toast. Lunch was a couple hot dogs, and then the much better tacos (shrimp, lengua x2, tripa, and cabeza), chips, and fried ice cream. Dinner was a salad.

LIstening today included, music, and This Week in Law. Todays lesson was that carryout is much more useful when you can call ahead.

Activity today included, 3.4 miles of walking, and the Streak. Got 6h45 of sleep last night. spent the morning in more conversation with techs about new things. The afternoon chatting via text with Mrs. Shu; and and the evening driving. 

So how'd I do on goals this week? Well being out of town working long hours somewhere unseasonable warm cuts down on both gym options and run options, so the entire week was composed of working on my kneeling/seiza position, which is coming along nicely, as the only goal achieved this week. Next week.

Bis nexte Woche!

Spoiler

I will face my fear.
-Litany Against Fear

Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Day 8, Monday.

Lunch was chicken and shrimp. Dinner was bibimbap, and afterward a mexican chocolate pot de creme. 

Listening today included, This Week in Tech, Move Smart, the rest of a Hardcore History episode, and some music. Todays lesson was that sometimes there's just no pleasing some people.

Activity today included, 3.3 miles of walking, and the Streak. Got 7h45 of sleep last night. Got home from work and watched Iron Sky while I waited for Mrs. Shu, then we watched Simpsons, Archer, Gotham, and Agent Carter. 

Bis Morgen!

Spoiler

I will face my fear.
-Litany Against Fear

Shukar Still Isn't Lion