Shukar follows the Plan

Shukar

Teri, Haggis, smokey and delicious. But I've found I enjoy chicken liver and other assorted offal when I've tried it.

Alright let's see, best summary I can manage of last week just so I have a record someplace.

Food: I ate food, it wasn't the best food but it wasn't the worst food either. Green when we could make dinner, sandwiches a few times for lunch, but some fried junk a few times as well because it was what I had time/access for. The weekend saw a bit of improvement but not much.

LIstening: I've kept up with my typical podcast schedule and added a chunk of music. 

Lessons: Each day brings it's own lessons, it's own trials, and it's own rewards, they build on ones past and prepare for ones future. One merely has to keep an eye out for them.

Activity: Plenty of walking, and the Streak remains, but I've fallen down even more on the other exercise and even the mobility. 

Sleep: Nothing either massively good or massively bad, I'm just kind of passing out for a few hours and going back to work. Literally every day.

Other: Been spending a lot of time chatting with friends, which is good, but too much time working, which is bad. I'm ready for things to get back to "normal" soon, on so many fronts.

So that's been days 30-36. I love you guys.

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Yeah, having trouble getting back in the swing. Been eating, not even all that poorly, been walking, went for a 10K today that was actually pretty good.  Been listening to podcasts and generally hanging on. 

I'm tired.

Spoiler

I will face my fear.
-Litany Against Fear

Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Day 42, Sunday.

Lunch was ham, asparagus, salad, and "brown rice" (this thing mom makes with rice, beef consume, and butter). Dinner was a ham and cheese sandwich. I also had more than my fair share of mini cheesecakes.

Listening today was music. Today's lesson was that some things really never change.

Activity today included, 2 miles of walking, and the Streak. Got around 7h of sleep last night. Spent the day tidying up and being social with family. Not a bad day really.

So how about that challenge thing? Yeah, not so good. I went for very few runs, and did fewer strength workouts. The only thing I didn't royally botch of my goals was the mobility work and that didn't make much progress after the first couple weeks.

That said, I did figure out a strategy I think will help finally tackle my food related goal potential, I want to continue with my mobility goal and I still have room to tinker with my other stuff to find what works. There's always a lesson and always room to improve. Time to begin the next chapter.

Bis Morgen!

Spoiler

I will face my fear.
-Litany Against Fear

Shukar Still Isn't Lion

We love you, Shu.

Bumpy rides due to events in life can really make the scenery hard to appreciate. It's still there, but we end up thinking it's blurry instead of the events themselves. I say, hug yourself hard and tell yourself, 'Self, you are the best part of my life.'

So new chapter! Turn the page, Shu.

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

Here's the link for my next challenge: Shukar the Robot

• Like 1

Spoiler

I will face my fear.
-Litany Against Fear

Shukar Still Isn't Lion