Annyshay the Hobbit flees from the Black Riders

annyshay

I like a lot this experiment hunger/cravings. The more we know ourselves, the more we can shape our behaviour to our benefit.

Have a good week!

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

Looks like you're kicking some butt.  Keep that up.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Week 1 Day 3

Notice - able to stay mindful despite eating at work, excellent

Record - yup yup

Journal - short and sweet last night, but done

Say Grace - 3/3

Deepen Practice - sun salutations in the morning playing around with mountain pose, meditation at night working on deep yogic breathing

Extras - quiet time, meditation (7/25)

Currently, I've got a few hoursoff from work. I have three cats all laying on me to keep me warm. Yay for kittehs! Also, I think I am getting the nasty cold that's been flying around. Nooooooooo!

• Like 2

Love as thou wilt.

Sir, yes sir!

Last time someone called me sir, they had to add, "you're making a scene".

• Like 3

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Week 1 Day 4

Notice - not too bad with cravings yesterday... mostly just wanted to sleep

Record - yup

Journal - oops, fell asleep after reading some Harry Potter... today, for sure I'll be back on it

Say Grace - 3/3

Deepen Practice - not really, did my sun salutations, but that was it

Extras - quiet time (8/25)

Sickness is messing with my motivation.  Must rest and take care of myself!

• Like 1

Love as thou wilt.

Sickness is messing with my motivation.  Must rest and take care of myself!

Oof, this is me too. :(  I'm learning to listen to my body and restore my resources instead of pushing so hard, but it's difficult when I feel like I'm falling out of a good workout groove...!  Hang in there, we can do this~ :D

• Like 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

Yea, I went through a week of "I just want to sleep" with illness and recovery.  Hydrate and see if you can get in a little bit of walking if the weather permits.

I'm also a fan of Bone Broth, although science doesn't back it any more than chicken soup as a way to recover more quickly. 

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Coming soon .....

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Oof, this is me too. :(  I'm learning to listen to my body and restore my resources instead of pushing so hard, but it's difficult when I feel like I'm falling out of a good workout groove...!  Hang in there, we can do this~ :D

Yes. learning to rest is a struggle for me. I think I kicked the cold before it took root though. Sometimes, resting is NOT the same as being lazy. Maybe some day that will sink into my thick skull.

Yea, I went through a week of "I just want to sleep" with illness and recovery.  Hydrate and see if you can get in a little bit of walking if the weather permits.

I'm also a fan of Bone Broth, although science doesn't back it any more than chicken soup as a way to recover more quickly.

Totally love bone broth and pounded it for a day. Feeling better afterwards. Have you seen the studies that placebos can work if you believe in them? I think bone broth may be my favorite. :)
  • Like 1

Love as thou wilt.

Week 1 Wrap Up

Notice - 7/7 - this week the focus was on figuring out what type of craver I am. I am surprised to find that most of my carvings are situational. Sometimes seeing food or smelling it gets me craving, but far more often it is relted to certain situations. For example, at the end of a meal I was a treat, or I feel like I should take advantage of food that is left out at work. Food as a reward for hard tasks is also a recurring theme. This was quite surprising to me, as I thought that the others would be stronger triggers. This week I will be playing trigger detective with even more focus.

Record - 7/7 - keeping up with this well. I really like the app that I'm using. It's flexible enough to allow me to put in as much detail as I want or just put in the basics.

Journal - 6/7 - missed one day due to falling asleep. Otherwise, I've been doing a good job of summarizing my day. I'm also trying to work in more mindful breaks and distractions when I notice a craving spiral.

Say Grace - 67% - progress. Lunch is the hardest, especially when I am at work.

Deepen Practice - 7/7 - consistently doing sun salutations in the morning or yoga routines, focused a lot on grounding my feet in mountain pose and synchronizing my movements with my breath. Also continuing to meditate using headspace. Tomorrow is day 30 and then I get to go roving through all their special stuff. Also working on doing deep yogic breaths at the beginning of each session which really helps me settle.

Can't really remember all the extras... I did more, but didn't get to 25.

Not bad, and room to improve in following the spirit of my goals as well as the letter. Sort of keeping the cold at bay, every now and then I have a sore throat or cough, but I've stayed mostly functional. Need to stay engaged and mindful!

• Like 1

Love as thou wilt.

Week 2 Day 1

Notice - yup, played trigger detective all day

Record - yup yup

Journal - used the time to review all the triggers I'd found that day. I will probably compile a master list this week, for science!

Say Grace - 2/3

Deepen Practice - sun salutations and meditation, focusing on breath

Extras - quiet time, decluttering, cleaning, meditation (4/25)

Week 2 Day 2

Notice - yup, lots of triggers today... Avoided snacking about half the time.

Record - on track!

Journal - planning to continue to grow the trigger list tonight, also lots of posting on NF to catch up!

Say Grace - 2/3

Deepen Practice - sun salutation focused on rooting in mountain pose, meditation

Extras - quiet time, decluttering, meditation, focused movement (8/25)

Onwards!

• Like 1

Love as thou wilt.

Week 2 Day 3

Notice - yup yup, falling on the sword of offered sweets today

Record - used my app..... And got a jawbone up24 which I'm starting to use

Journal - the list of triggers is getting long!

Say Grace - 2/3 - lunch at work is very challenging

Deepen Practice - sun salutations in the morning are my favorite! Really worked on downward dog today. Meditation in the evening finished my 30th day of headspace, on to tailored programs. First up: Stress!

Extras (forgot to log initially) - quiet time, cleaning, meditation (11/25)

Weighed myself this morning to get accurate data for the new tracker... No Bueno. 185.8. That's the highest I've been in a while. Nothing I didn't know from how my clothes are fitting. Time to start wielding my mindfulness to shred fat. ;)

Love as thou wilt.

Week 2 Day 4

Notice - yup

Record - using RR and up apps, like a boss

Journal - ever expanding list... Seems really focused on places, hmmmm

Say Grace - 2/3

Deepen Practice - sun salutations with a focus on down dog and new stress meditation

Extras - quiet time, meditation (15/25)

Week 2 Day 5

Notice - yup yup. Remarkably fewer cravings today, likely due to being crazy busy!

Record - yup yup

Journal - wrote down a bit about my lack of cravings, weird

Say Grace - 3/3

Deepen Practice - sun salutation in the morning, meditation at bedtime :)

Extras - quiet time, studying, meditation, cleaning, focused movement (long walk with roommate) (20/25)

Having a lot of fun getting back on the wagon. Fun? Fun! That's a positive change!

• Like 1

Love as thou wilt.

Missed your thread for a while...

How is it going? Are you finished with this triggers list?

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

I like how you are paying attention to your food triggers and cravings. Very good way to learn and improve!

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 13   Charisma 14   Strength 20  Constitution-13

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Week 2 Day 6

Yesterday was amazing. It was my day off and it was a lovely mix of movement and rest. :D. My new up has got me walking a ton more, so I went a couple walks and thought to myself maybe it's time to learn how to swing that kettle bell I bought last challenge. Elastigirl inspired me to try simple and sinister (named very well), so I spent a while watching videos, talking some to check my form, and generally playing around. Roommate wanted to start the 30 Days of Yoga Challenge, so we did that too. Don't worry, I played lots of video games, went to the library, and generally chilled out too. Glorious day off!

Notice - fewer cravings again today, just wanted ginger chai latte on my walk, and thought about it and agreed that it would be lovely

Record - yup yup! Under calories, walking a lot, all good!

Journal - short, sweet, and positive

Say Grace - 3/3

Deepen Practice - sun salutations, body scan meditation at nap time, stress mindfulness in afternoon, day 1 of doyouyoga challenge with roomie. :D

Extras - quiet time, decluttering, focused movement, mindfulness (24/25)

• Like 4

Love as thou wilt.

Week 2 Day 7

Notice - yup yup

Record - on track

Journal - mmmhmmm, planning on putting up the list of triggers soon, I promise

Say Grace - 2/3

Deepen Practice - sun salutations in the morning, day 2 of yoga challenge, day 4 of stress meditation series

Extras - quiet time, focused movement (S&S kettlebells again!), mindfulness (27/25) - DING

Week 2 Wrap Up

Notice - 100%

Record - 100%

Journal - 100%

Say Grace - 71% - slightly better each week :)

Deepen Practice - 100% - started two new endeavors this week: doyouyoga challenge and a stress meditation series in Headspace

My big task this week was assembling a list of triggers... which is in my journal at home.  I'll put it up later today, really!

• Like 3

Love as thou wilt.

Week 3 Day 1

Notice - yup

Record - on board

Journal - wrote down a lot of my work related grumps

Grace - 2/3

Deepen Practice - day 4 of doyouyoga with roommate, stress meditation

Extras - quiet time, focused movement, meditation (3/25)

Week 3 Day 2

Notice - yup

Record - woohoo, got to have whisky cause I had room

Journal - yup

Say grace - 2/3

Deepen Practice - day 5 of doyouyoga, stress meditation, body scan

Extras - quiet time, focused movement, meditation (6/25)

• Like 2

Love as thou wilt.

Week 3 Day 3

Notice - yup

Record - mmhmm

Journal - forgot! Oops!

Say Grace - 2/3

Deepen Practice - doyouyoga day 5 (no really, I can't count), stress meditation

Extras - focused movement, mindfulness (8/25)

Week 3 Day 4

Notice - not really :(

Record - yup

Journal - yes, put down plans to be back on track tomorrow

Say Grace - 0/3 :(

Deepen Practice - yoga challenge day 6, stress meditation

Extras - quiet time, focused movement, mindfulness, decluttering (12/25)

Week 3 Day 5

Notice - rocking it

Record - yup yup

Journal - short, sweet, and positive

Say Grace - 3/3

Deepen Practice - yoga challenge day 7 (crow!), stress meditation

Extras - quiet time, focused movement, cleaning, mindfulness (16/25)

• Like 2

Love as thou wilt.

Keep on! We are halfway!

Week 3 Day 6

Finally caught the plague (URI type symptoms).  Boo.

Notice - yeah
Record - yup yup, was tempted to not record dinner as it was a ton of homemade deliciousness from a friend that I mindfully indulged in (fresh homemade ramen, pork buns, pork belly, etc etc), but decided that data is data
Journal - yup
Say Grace - 2/3
Deepen Practice - sun salutations, not my best day... I'm sick and I felt like garbage.

Extras - quiet time, cleaning (18/25) 

• Like 1

Love as thou wilt.

So sorry to hear you are sick. It looks like the rest of your challenge is going well, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk