Femmetrooper On the steps of Mordor/Facing Shelob

Femmetrooper

Her rope snapped, the anchor at the top of Cirith Ungol had come free and she was holding a slack rope in her hands. Bracing herself she continued the climb, holding on to ropes of web that met her as she ascended. She was getting close, the monster was likely silently waiting for her, hopeful of a snack consisting of more than orcs and unfortunate vermin.

She had read of this demon, Shelob. She was confident in her fighting skills but hoped to avoid a confrontation with the creature.

It was time to traverse the web, carefully, using the web and the rock to hopefully evade her adversary. This was the test. She could not be detected. And she must save enough energy to outrun any orcs that might be waiting once she was through. 

She had read of these orcs, they were no mere bandits or mindless brigands. These were Uruk, bred by Morgoth during the first age, and she did not want to test if she could overpower these beasts.

MAIN QUEST

A brief intro – After a crazy awesome first start I am back for another round. I love rock climbing, and am still new to the sport, but have now successfully passed a lead-climbing course and am looking forward to it! At the beginning of the first challenge I was climbing about a 5.8 and was hoping to have a long term goal of a 5.10a. Now I've climbed a 5.10a, lead climbed a 5.10a, and am not planning on stopping anytime soon. So to update my quest I think I'll switch to a 5.12. 

Quest 1 – Climbing into Mordor (+3 STR +1 DEX)

The only way to get better at climbing is to do it! A lot! Fortunately with a gym membership to my local rock gym it is doable! I will climb 3 days every week, with the goal of lead-climbing a 5.9 or 5.10 at least once per week.

A – At the gym 3 days a week, successfully lead climb once per week.

B – At the gym 3 days a week (only missing maybe 1 or 2 days), inconsistent lead climbing.

C – Only climb 1-2 times per week. I simply couldn’t make it into Mordor.

Quest 2 – Running with Orcs (+2 STA)

I’d never been much of a runner. Never have really been able to. I'm happy that I've changed that! I know run a 5k 1-2 times per week. I'm slow but I'm going! I've completed the Zombies, Run! 5K program, (fantastic couch to 5k, btw) and am slowly moving up to 10k's and longer runs! Loving the Zombies, Run! full app as well, the stories are a great motivation! Just have to keep this habit rolling!

A – Successfully complete 2 Zombies Run programs per week.

C – Successfully complete 1 Zombies Run program per week.

Quest 3 – Tangled in the web (+2 CON)

I have recently begun practicing aerial yoga which I have been having tons of fun with. Yoga, flexibility, balance, and a bit of TRX really help to keep my workouts dynamic and interesting. Just need to keep making time for it.

A – Practice yoga 2 days a week

B – Practice yoga 1 day a week

C – Practice at least 1 day every other week

Side Quest - Lembas Bread (+2 Con)

With the extreme increase in exercise I've found my energy level needing to keep up with it. I also have found that I bruise like a banana and some extra vitamins will help me heal. So! Diet and vitamins!

A – Begin taking a multivitamin daily, have a breakfast that doesn't consist of just carbs.

B – Take a multivitamin

• Like 1

Femmetrooper

Amazon Assassin | Level 2

|| STR 6 || DEX 3 || STA 4 || CON 4 || WIS 3 || CHA 1 ||

Introduction

Challenges: Running with Orcs, At the base of Cirith Ungol , Facing Shelob,

Battle Log: Climbing into Mordor

"Well, all good stories deserve embellishment.

You'll have a tale or two of your own to tell when you get back."

"Can you promise that I will come back?"

"No. And if you do, you will not be the same."

Looks like some great goals! Speaking of Lembas Bread have you seen this yet!? :D 

Half-Elf: Ranger/Assassin

Challenges: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6a] [6b] [7] [8] [8.5] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [ --> Battle Log]

Old Battle Logs [2017] New Battle Log 2018: Reforged

DragonForging My Life: Epic Quests [Google D] Epic Quests [NF]

Lifter Profile [Symmetric Strength] Racer Profile [Athlinks] Body Comp [G-Sheet] Running Stats [G-Sheet]

Great challenge!

There are a few climbers here who will be happy to nerd out with you over routes and cruxes and whatnot. :)

There are also quite a few of us aerialists around: yoga, hammock, silks, trap, pole, etc. Upside down and off the ground is a great place to be. :)

So sore, so busy, too much momentum to stop! I've managed to keep up with my goals so far, but it's only a few days into the challenge. My husband is also doing a p90x challenge (not through here) which he wants me to do with him, so I'm scared I may crash and burn.

Still going so far, we'll see how this goes!

• Like 1

Femmetrooper

Introduction

I'll admit, I'm dragging on this one. I've kept up with the climbing, and most of the running. The yoga is having difficulties because my husband and I are now moving, so that means my yoga swing is packed and waiting for the next house. I'm definitely taking it easier on myself these next few weeks since there'll be a lot of lifting and hauling in the near future.

Femmetrooper

Introduction

Moving is exhausting.Sounds like you are prioritizing and keeping up with running and climbing-that's a lot.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien