Akkina's Ace in the Hole!

Akkina

After a frustrating last challenge that I bailed out of after two weeks, despite having good goals and a good support system here at home, and online here of course. I discovered after frustratingly enough not having any physical changes, and a balloon in weight almost 10 pounds after the second week that I was suffering from a mild thyroid issue, my levels were low, but not low enough apparently for them to prescribe me medication so I went with a natural alternative and have had great luck so far, so now that I’m more under control with supplements and natural remedies I am back with a vengeance this time around!

Again participating as an Adventurer, level 1 since I don’t feel I completed enough of our previous challenge to level up or anything so we’re going to move onto this one with a bright and chipper attitude alongside my Ghost who is back from the army and is going to be my accountabilibuddy!

So beginning with my goals for this challenge-

Quest 1- Exercise!      +2 Sta +2 Str

Subquest a: Run 3 times a week with my Zombies! Run 5k training app, which I will be starting at the beginning. + 2 Sta

A-100% B-75% C-50% D-25% F-0%

Subquest b: Obtain at least 7k steps a day when I work. Working a desk job makes it really hard to get my activity level up, but I do need to keep up with it, and a coworker has agreed to walk with me at least 2 nights a week. 

Subquest c: Strength train at least 3 times a week with the BBW workout! +2 Str

Quest 2- Life! +2 Cha +Int

Subquest a: Write for at least 15 minutes a day, journaling, working on my novel, blogging, something! + 1 Int   

Subquest b: Hang out with someone other than my significant other at least once a week, OR have a long talk on the phone with someone! I have a bad habit of forgetting my friends exist when he’s home, but he goes back to work on the 21st so there isn’t really an excuse anymore. +2 Cha

Subquest c: Read for a half hour a day. I went through a long spurt where reading sounded awful, and this is coming from the girl who used to read faster than anyone else in my school, after buying a kindle in highschool I would read till I went broke! +1 Int

Quest 3-Food! +2 Con +2 Wis

Subquest a: Pack lunch for work. I work in a retail bank branch, so I have an entire store full of crappy food that is just there for the taking, while it being so much cheaper to pack lunch, I tend to eat much, much healthier than I do when I don’t.

Subquest b: Three  to five servings of vegetables and two to three servings of fruit a day. Another thing I am terrible about is keeping up on my fruit and veg intake and keeping my carbohydrate levels down.

Subquest c: Kick my soda habit! I did pretty well on this during my failed challenge last time, and I know it’s a key thing for me to lose weight is to kick my soda habit in favor for water.

Good luck to all in this upcoming challenge, have fun!

• Like 2

Awooooooooo! Howling the moon!!

Your friendly local werewolf.

Hey, glad to see that you've respawned - and discovered the underlying medical issue that was holding you back.  

Best of luck with the challenge and in hitting your goals!!

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

My Monday did not go as planned! Work attacked which kind of sucked, though I got myself caught up today! Ran today, not my best time, but it felt good to be active again which was nice, it's cold out, and icey but not terrible, made it a bit sketchy though. I'm running along, being chased by zombies and then all the sudden I'm slipping a little on a patch of black ice on the pavement, got the adrenaline up that's for sure! But I did pretty good today so far! 

Awooooooooo! Howling the moon!!

Your friendly local werewolf.

How goes it?  Seems like a lot of physical stuff.  Keep in mind that if you're tired despite getting solid sleep that you might want to dial it down a little. If after about 2 weeks you feel fine with the exercise load- then by all means; keep going with it.