TheMarvelPrincess's 2nd Mission: Sharpening Those Skills

Here are some paleo websites I recommend (Google them and you'll find their home page):

1. marks daily apple

2. the paleo mom

3. nom nom paleo

4. paleo for women

5. everyday paleo

6. balanced bites

7. real food liz

• Like 1

"Don't trade what you want most of all for what you want in the moment." 

I hope you were able to relax, hang out with friends, and have fun over your spring break :)

We've made it to the last two weeks of the challenge. Stay strong and hang in there! 

"Don't trade what you want most of all for what you want in the moment." 

I'm baaaaaaack!

proud.gif

Sorry it took so long...I had trouble logging into my account for a bit, and then I just gave up. (I also haven't been getting e-mail notifications anymore, which is sad.) 

I swear I'm still working. I just have a ton of stuff going on, so I don't get time to get on the computer very much. Things are finally slowing down...right at the end of the challenge, of course.  :suspicion: Oh well! And since I wasn't getting email reminders, I had a hard time remembering to log on. Sorry about that, guys!

ANYWAYS!

3rd Update 

I actually did a pretty decent job of staying on task in NYC...it was a great trip! I was able to pick back up pretty well right where I left off going into this past week.  

GOAL 1: Improve Flexibilty 

Definitely noticing progress now. I'm not quite down into the middle splits, but it's pretty close. I can get down occasionally, just not consistently, and I can't hold them for too long. The straddle splits are still a work in progress, but they're the hardest. I've never gotten to them before!  

GOAL 2: Do a Handstand 

My handstands suffered a bit after being on Spring Break. I was staying in a teensy weensy room, so definitely no place to practice all week. They're the hardest part of this challenge for sure, and this delay didn't help things. I'm thinking I may have to carry it over into the next challenge if I can't get them where I want to be during the break. 

GOAL 3: Try a new recipe every week

This I haven't had a problem with! I have made chick-pea and cilantro salad, paleo cupcakes (for a fund-raising bake sale), and Mexican soup! :) All really good.

• Like 2

Level 3: Wood Elf, Assassin

| STR: 5 | DEX: 6 | STA: 3 | CON: 7 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 3 |

“We love our superheroes because they refuse to give up on us. We can analyze them out of existence, kill them, ban them, mock them, and still they return, patiently reminding us of who we are and what we wish we could be.† - Grant Morrison

League of Extraordinary Nerds

Current Challenge 

Progress:

3%
3%

STATUS UPDATE REQUESTED!

Special shoutout to Milo, for being such a good, persistent team member. 

tip-hat.gif

l0f1.gif

• Like 1

“We love our superheroes because they refuse to give up on us. We can analyze them out of existence, kill them, ban them, mock them, and still they return, patiently reminding us of who we are and what we wish we could be.† - Grant Morrison

Current Challenge 

Progress:

3%
3%

Glad everything's still going good! I found a paleo site called theprimaldesire.com, I haven't really checked them out too much yet. It was an accident looking for recipes for baked apples (that were not from Paula Deen, as diabetes is not something I'd like to get from my fruit XD) and thought of you.

• Like 2

Haha, thanks for the shout-out.

How did the challenge shape up for you? Time to count up 'dem points?

What are you thinking for goals for the next challenge?

Also, thanks for organizing the mini quests for the League! That was super cool!

Orc Warrior | LVL 4

Current Challenge: Milo Sustains

Woo! Second challenge complete! I'm really proud of myself for sticking with it. And I can't wait for the next challenge. Here's how I did on each challenge. 

Flexibility

I did get down in the middle splits, and according to my grading system, I got a B (because I didn't stretch consistently enough, but I did see progress). Thats +4 Dexterity points!

Handstands

I can hold my handstand against the wall for 60 seconds, but I can't consistently get into/hold a handstand away from the wall. I still psyche myself out, I think, when I'm trying to get into it. I don't think it's physical strength so much as mental prep - because I definitely feel stronger.  I'm giving myself a C. +3 Strength Points. 

Weekly Recipe

No surprise, I did great with the food related quest. :P I tried at least one new recipe a week, usually two, becuase I found lots of fun recipes and got over-excited. +5 Constitution points!

Reflection and Looking Forward

This didn't feel quite as successful for me as my last quest did. I'm mostly bummed about the handstands, so I may make that a fourth goal for my next challenge. I am noticing progress in my physical capability, and the way I feel overall. Apparently it's also noticeable appearance-wise - I've had several friends ask if I've been working out. :) I am thinking about posting a picture of myself to show progress - I have a "before" picture from before Christmas, but I haven't gotten up the nerve to post something yet. We'll see! 

For the next challenge, I would like to intensify my goals a bit. I think I'm ready, and I've gotten good enough at keeping up the habit that I think I can handle it without giving up. I'd like to do a mileage goal to encourage me to run, as well as a lifting and/or bodyweight challenge. I've also started fencing - I had done some periodically and really loved it, but I never had room in my schedule to train regularly. However, the fencing school on my city now has adult classes in the evenings, so I can actually go weekly! So I think I'll be adding that to my challenge. 

Thanks for following me on this little journey, friends! Hope you'll stick around for next time. :) 

• Like 2

Current Challenge 

Progress:

3%
3%

Also, thanks for organizing the mini quests for the League! That was super cool!

No problem! It was fun. I think there should be more than one of us doing it next time (if we decide to do it again). We can take turns, and it'll be interesting to see what other people come up with. 

Current Challenge 

Progress:

3%
3%

Woo! Second challenge complete! I'm really proud of myself for sticking with it.

And we're proud of you for finishing strong, too! :)

This didn't feel quite as successful for me as my last quest did. I'm mostly bummed about the handstands, so I may make that a fourth goal for my next challenge.

For the next challenge, I would like to intensify my goals a bit. I think I'm ready, and I've gotten good enough at keeping up the habit that I think I can handle it without giving up. I'd like to do a mileage goal to encourage me to run, as well as a lifting and/or bodyweight challenge. I've also started fencing - I had done some periodically and really loved it, but I never had room in my schedule to train regularly. However, the fencing school on my city now has adult classes in the evenings, so I can actually go weekly! So I think I'll be adding that to my challenge. 

Have you been meditating on doing the handstands, as the booklet suggests? Maybe that can help you overcome the mental aspect of the handstands. Maybe spending time hanging upside down from parallel bars (from your knees) could help, too?

Anyway, I'll be following along with your progress on the handstands, 'cause they're a part of my challenge, too. I'm only at a 10-second wall plank so far, but I'll catch up to you eventually. ^_^ The fencing sounds awesome! What a fun way to work out.

See you on your next challenge thread. :)

I feel the same way about posting pictures. I'm nervous, haha. Thoughts?

I'm not a very good role-playing writer, but I can try. Just demand that I do it and give me a day or two to write. I need a deadline for it, haha.

I will if you will? haha We can also see if any of the other NERDS want to "make it a thing". There's courage in numbers! lol

Maybe we could assign weeks and stats to a few different people? Then we'd have a deadline..."Milo posts a strength mini-quest on the Monday of week 3", etc. 

Have you been meditating on doing the handstands, as the booklet suggests? Maybe that can help you overcome the mental aspect of the handstands. Maybe spending time hanging upside down from parallel bars (from your knees) could help, too?

Anyway, I'll be following along with your progress on the handstands, 'cause they're a part of my challenge, too. I'm only at a 10-second wall plank so far, but I'll catch up to you eventually. ^_^ The fencing sounds awesome! What a fun way to work out.

See you on your next challenge thread. :)

I've tried, it's just slow going. To be honest, I'm usually pretty fearless - I usually volunteer to climb super high or do something crazy if the need arises. (Which it does surprisingly often. lol) But for some reason I just have this reflex that makes me really uncomfortable being upside down? I think the only way to get over it is to keep practicing and force myself to do it. Which is why I definitely want to make it part of my next challenge. And I'm glad you're working on it too - we can do it together! :) It's always so much easier for me to complete a goal when others are working towards the same thing.

Current Challenge 

Progress:

3%
3%