Challenge 1, take 2

Quill

Ok so I failed last time.

But moving on, lets go on ;-)

This time my challenge is simple

1) Eat clean for six weeks. IE, within my points (weight watchers system). Track all food logged. There's room for treats inside that points but clearly, it needs to be planned for. Edit: This is worth 3 points out of the six we can get to me, to be devided afterwards.

A) Ate wthin points 7/7 days, always within weekly points. 3 points at the end

B) Ate within points 6/7 days or exceeded weekly points. 2 points.

C) Ate within points 5/7 and exceeded weekly points. 1 point

2) Workout 3x weekly for 30 minutes or  more. No limits on types of workout, just do something that is either stick on a dvd, go to the pool, do yoga, go rollerskating, or ?? This is worth two stat points for me.

A) Worked out 3x weekly or more for 30 minutes a week: 2 points

B) Worked out 2x weekly or more for 30 minutes a week: 1 point

3) Yard prep: Get enough chip and cardboard to do all the paths in my yard. This'll be a good bit of practical work as 5 totes equals about 2 meters, and I have ..oh about 25 meters of path, x 2, plus side paths to do. Plant and start off seedlings under grow lamps. Categorise seeds before doing so. Get totes of dirt with small seedlings starting to hard off if weather appropriate. If affordable, make greenhous covers for over the beds and hang up trellis. General yard prep.

This will be at least 2x weekly 30 minutes, more likely a good bit more than that. But its practical!

This is worth 1 stat point to me.

Either the paths are done by the end of challenge, in which case 1 point is assigned, or they aren't in which case they aren't. Only exception: free chip runs out.

Life question: finish goddess religions course (due 2 weeks time) and finish psych course (due 23rd march). Start and get a quarter of the way on vaccinations course.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

Current Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/60953-challenge-1-take-2/

Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/60532-battlelog-no-excuses/#entry1384657

"That which does not kill me had better run like hell as I'm coming for it"

Why do you think you failed last time?  Bare that in mind when you planning your weeks out. I think you have some solid goals there.  Nice Job!!

You might notice that someone has added a tag to your post.  This is not to box you into a corner but rather because your goals or lifestyle have links to the guild you've been tagged and we'd like to bring you to the attention of one of their guild ambassadors. These ambassadors will be able to offer you advice, encouragement and support on your goals.  You don't even have to wait around for them to come introduce themselves to you, you are more than welcome to pop into the Adventurers' board and introduce yourself to the guildies there. I am also around to answer any questions that you might have so do not hesitate to PM me.

Good Luck with your challenge

AB xx

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

I failed because i made it too regimented. I can't deal with that and i rebel.

Thanks for the tag!

So far

Monday 1, 6 points under value, and I went for an hour at the gym. A light hour but still an hour.

• Like 1

Current Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/60953-challenge-1-take-2/

Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/60532-battlelog-no-excuses/#entry1384657

I failed because i made it too regimented. I can't deal with that and i rebel.

Thanks for the tag!

So far

Monday 1, 6 points under value, and I went for an hour at the gym. A light hour but still an hour.

A light hour is an awesome hour.  Building good habits, a foundation for success!

Cathelas the Level 3 Half-Orc

STR 10|DEX 6|CON 10|STA 11|WIS 8|CHA 7

My Challenges: 15-1 15-2 15-3

Tracking Goal, get weight below 200 pounds Starting (Jan 23, 2015): 226 Goal: 199  Exactly 3 months to hit goal weight April 23, 2015!

New Weight Loss Goal 180 pounds started April 23, 2015  Current Weight 179 - Made it on June 27!

100%
100%

Travel to Mordor by Spin, Road Bike, Running (starting Feb 23, 2015)         Made it to Mount Doom on July 11, 2015!  Now, I need to turn around and go home!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Rauros to Mount Doom 470 miles this leg for a total of 1779 miles 

100%
100%

Hi there! I like that you have worked in some flexi-room in your challenge, 6 weeks is a long time to go with a lot of rigidity. Like you, I also rebel against myself which is crazy when you think about it!

Good luck with your challenge Quill!

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Let's see the week 1 update!

Tracking Goal, get weight below 200 pounds Starting (Jan 23, 2015): 226 Goal: 199  Exactly 3 months to hit goal weight April 23, 2015!

New Weight Loss Goal 180 pounds started April 23, 2015  Current Weight 179 - Made it on June 27!

100%
100%

Travel to Mordor by Spin, Road Bike, Running (starting Feb 23, 2015)         Made it to Mount Doom on July 11, 2015!  Now, I need to turn around and go home!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

100%
100%

Week one: gym x 3, pass! and I tried rollerskating but i'm missing one of my brakes so risk assessment said, stop till you can get roomie to come with and get new brake. So I passed exercise challenge for week 1. I'm still having trouble logging becuase a) I eat varied things and B) I get bored logging, as it means logging on to the weighwatchers site and finding stuff and remembering b rands and ....yeah. I did eat healthy but proving it is the hard part...and I kind of need to do that. 

But I did eat healthy.

Week 2, in progress. I'd better lose some weight or I"ll be miffed, i've been stalled for four weeks now and I only lost .8 of a pound since starting weight watchers and exercising. I'm trying to rmemeber to go by feel not weight but...its hard. We're all trained on metrics.

Great job on your first week!  

Logging is a pain.  I each a whole lot more if I don't log and end up gaining, so I know it works.  It is just not very glamorous.  I hope someday I can make good choices and listen to my body to decide when and how much to eat, but right now I have too many things that drive what I eat.

Good luck on week two - you are doing the right things even if it doesn't show up on the scale.  Keep up the good work!

Liser Frenche

Level 1 - STR : 1.3 | DEX : 1.5 | STA : 1.5 | CON : 1.5 | WIS : 0 | CHA : 0

Current Challenge  /Battle Log I   

Previous challenges:

1I  2  3 Epic Respawn

MFP username: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/liserfrenche

"Strive for Progress, Not Perfection"

Hey there! Dropping in from the artistic & creative thread. Super great idea to keep your challenge flexible and simple, sounds way more fun than "regimented" :) 

Also, I wanted to say: chainmail and glass engraving??? Both sound equally awesome! I'm an alum of an art college and would looove to be able to afford their blacksmithing intro and glass class (lol, rhymes). Someday! Do you have your own space to do your art things?

Also also, Hissling is the best name!! I love children's books and actually illustrated / designed a couple two years ago. It can be a lot of work, but is really fun when things start coming together. Wishing you good luck with that project & hope you're having a great week 2! :)

Lvl 3 Wood Elf Adventurer

STR 9.25 || DEX 5 || STA 3 || CON 9.75 || WIS 12.75 || CHA 2

Challenges: Current || #1 || #2 || #3 || Artistic & Creative Accountability || Etsy Shop

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye. --The Fox in The Little Prince

Walk to Mordor // 116 out of 1779 miles

How was week 2?

100%
100%

100%
100%