SpiderMonkey Avoids Shiny Distractions

Fortuositea

Finished snowman! 

March Snowman 1

March Snowman 3

March snowman 2

Isn't he cute?! I remember when he was just a bunch of terra cotta flower pots! Kudos to my mom for the hat, I've not quite mastered knitting in the round. (scarf's all mine, though!) 

Finally got outside for a run! My next run was twenty minutes and I figured I would give it a shot. The trails in the nearby park were too muddy, so I went to another park with paved paths... and hills for days. I think I managed to run for three minutes, all straight up, before I gave up on the twenty minute run. Finally got to a spot where I was going to give twenty minutes another try and found ANOTHER hill. Ran up that one for ten minutes before I just flat out turned around and ran back. Obviously not the right choice of terrain for this run, but it was a good workout! and EVERYONE in that park said hello to me. Every single person I passed. Now, that's weird. Nice, but weird. I'll be visiting again for sure.

Went out for lunch and ordered soda. It's working out for me to not drink soda at home and only drink when we go out, which is rare. I do still crave it a bit, but when I get it it's SOOOO sweet that I realize I don't really want to drink a lot. 

Projects all finished!!! That's amazing. I've never been so productive. I have to keep this up! 
  • Like 1

Currently Walking / Biking / Hiking to Mordor 

On my way to Rivendell: 208.14 / 458 miles 

"I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours." Henry David Thoreau, Walden

The Awesome Runner's Awesome Running Blog

I knocked out the last of my 50 miles(!) last night with 4 miles on the stationary bike while reading Harry Potter out loud for me and my husband, and 2 miles on the treadmill. (currently working through two "Harry" series, Harry Potter and Harry Dresden. We're on the second book of both series.) So that's 53.5 total miles in 5 weeks!!! To be totally honest, it was sort of a stretch for me and I'm really proud of getting it all done.  I know the biking padded my mileage a bit, but it's all movement, so it all counts! 

Last night I decided to attempt the twenty minute run again. I dialed down the speed a bit from 4mph to 3.7mph just to increase the chances that I'd actually be able to finish! I finished the last minute with a burst of speed- 4.5 mph. My husband and I were actually counting down the last seconds! 3, 2, 1! It was exciting. I can't believe I'm up to twenty minutes at a fairly average speed for me. I remember attempting the Couch to 5K a long time ago and by the time I'd gotten to those longer runs, I was probably running at like 3 mph because it was hard to keep up anything faster for more than a few minutes. Sticking with something really pays off. It's so much easier to see progress when you're consistently measuring it against the same yardstick. 

Ate lunch out, ordered soda. Didn't drink most of it. Next time I'm so asking for a kid's cup of soda. I just want a taste, not a whole bottle!

Next project - suelk, were you inquiring about a scarf? Got a favorite color?

• Like 1

"I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours." Henry David Thoreau, Walden

I updated my progress bar to see if it would go over 100% and it's off the page now. :D

• Like 1

CONGRATULATIONS!  Killed the 20 min. run and on the miles goal.  Love love love seeing your progress bar off the page.  Just awesome.  Glad you found the right speed to get it done!  Very cool that your husband was there supporting you and got to share it with you.  That is also very awesome.  I know I when first did C25K I would allow walking up hills that took for more than a minute or so to run.  Just wait until you run those hills.

That project is so dang cute!  Super glad you also completed your projects.  You have definitely rocked this challenge.  

Love all things purple but I am also partial to blue.  Blue bike (I always like to think of it as TARDIS blue....LOL).   :)

Again I am really proud of you for sticking to one training plan.  You hit the nail on the head when it comes to needing a consistent measure to gauge your amazing progress.

• Like 1

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

Tardis blue it is! I may have enough blue yarn left over from a prior project that I can whip something up!

Things have been a bit rough the past few days - I caught some stomach thing, so I haven't felt much like running. Last night I walked .5 on the treadmill. I wanted to do more but needed to cut it short. I'm sort of sad this challenge is ending soon, I don't want to lose all of this awesome momentum. 

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about the stomach bug.  Get plenty of rest.  You have knocked out a fantastic challenge and there is no reason to loose the awesome momentum you have going.  The interchallenge thing can be fun.  I will definitely be keeping track of you too.  :)  So do not think for one moment that momentum you are building has to slide.

• Like 1

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

No running at all last night, and my husband bought soda for dinner knowing it would make me feel better, so we had one day of not following the plan. I'm hoping to hop back on the treadmill and get back to business tonight!

• Like 1

It sounds like you knew exactly what you needed (a day off of it all) and it was planned.  That is a win.  No hoping...just doing.  :)  I like soda when I have a stomach bug.  Hope you are feeling better.

Still hopping on the bike?  I wonder just how long that progress bar can go.  

• Like 1

Whew! What a great challenge this has been. I've stuck to one plan the whole time! Even on days I was planning to just run for fun, I tried to pick an easier run from my plan. If I was aiming for a certain number of miles but didn't finish them by the end of my run, I added some walking or fun running into the mix. I stuck to water a lot and have made it my most popular drink, although I still order soda while I'm out, we have decided to just not buy bottles for the house anymore. It's made a big difference. Today, I ran 2.5 miles, first a twenty minute run and then a ten minute run. At the start of this challenge, I was struggling to get back into my running routine and running for 1 minute was just tough. I finished so many projects! And of course, I've got a ton more, but I've realized I can be way more productive than I think! I've had a really great time. Thanks for all the support. I couldn't have done it without you. 

So let's see the final mileage tally for this challenge is....58 miles!!! I'm super thrilled! 

• Like 2

FANTASTIC challenge!  You did amazing.  Can not wait to see your next challenge.  I know soda is a big one.  I have it but it is rare and we are definitely best off when it is not in the house.  All the progress you made in your challenge is outright inspiring.  Are you finding it easier to keep to one training plan?  From 1 minute to 20 is great!

I love the 116% in your sig!

You definitely owned this challenge.

Feel better and remain the coolest you!

Thanks! My progress bar is totally off the page! 

FANTASTIC challenge!  You did amazing.  Can not wait to see your next challenge.  I know soda is a big one.  I have it but it is rare and we are definitely best off when it is not in the house.  All the progress you made in your challenge is outright inspiring.  Are you finding it easier to keep to one training plan?  From 1 minute to 20 is great!

I'm not 100% water yet, but it's way better than it used to be. I need to keep working on that until it's a true habit. It is SO much easier to stick to one plan now. I'm not like, looking everywhere for a plan that will be "better" because the progress is so clear to see - like you said, from 1 minute to 20. I can't believe that happened in a few weeks. I've got a 5K in a few weeks, let's see if I can PR! 

• Like 2