why yes I do have the kelliefications that you need

Which is not as funny as koalafications, but far more intriguing --- "what is a kelliefication!?!?!?"

It's everything that encompasses the girl named Kellie who is me.

And now it includes this which will be filled with everything that I do and don't do so that I can remind myself that it's not failing when I fall off. It's just a small trip up in the quest to achieve great things.

I swear I'm not always that deep.

I'm glad that my very first 6WC begins on Monday because this week has been the plague from the seven layers of the deepest hellgate one could conjure at midnight. It's over. I think. It keeps lurking on my shoulder with that annoying grin, but I flick it off. It needs to be gone. Come Monday, it's on.

On like Donkey Kong.

tumblr_n0jadpJ6mz1rezdhvo1_500.gif

• Like 1

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

MFP: kelliefications | battlelog | NF instagram

The NF Society

"Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world." - Marilyn Monroe

STR 2.25 DEX 2.25 STA 2.25 CON 4 WIS 7 CHA 10.25

campaign -  act iiiact iiact i

It's snowing.

Again.

anigif_enhanced-16249-1406754431-14.gif

Even though I'll be crying for snow when Christmas rolls around, I want it all gone noooooooooooow! I can't wait for it to get even remotely decent to walk outside. Even if there were snow on the ground, if the roads/sidewalks were decent, I would walk!

The challenge starts tomorrow. I AM READY!

Yesterday was such a down day. I woke up this morning thinking today was going to be the same...but I'm not letting it!

I got things to do and a life to live!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-13725-1364840291-11

• Like 2

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

I've been updating my 6WC thread like a beast but I thought I would dabble a bit here as well.

I've been hunting and searching for Plus Size and/or Curvy Yoga videos. I really want to try it, but I'm terrified because of my size. Until I discovered that there is such a thing as yoga for the bigger girls out there!

chevy-chase-excited.gif

I signed up for to try out the Curvy Monthly Membership over at curvyyoga. I appreciate that the instructor and people who she has worked with and interviewed have the same build as I do. She also has a lot of freebies including videos, pose suggestions, podcasts, ebooks, and more! I'm going to check this out and see how it goes. I'm really excited to be able to get into the yoga scene as I've heard nothing but good things about it.

On another positive note, my Mom and I ordered blue lokai bracelets! I've read a lot about them and I was seeing them all over social media. I really like the message it sends, and the blue will help support clean water, which I strongly stand by.

While my life quest is to make a healthier and happier me, I am going to start working toward advocating positive energy and acceptance. I have been trying to live each day like that and even countering negative complaints with a positive twist. I would love to find positive body image groups, support groups, and just groups that help others to volunteer at. I haven't really looked, but I'm going to!

Maybe one day I'll win the lottery, get lots of money, and start a few charities of my own. Until then, I'm going to support ones as I can, offer a smile to people every day, and shower the world with as much love, understand, acceptance, and good nature that I can.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

This will be a very quick battle log update because I am getting ready to head to the store.

I've been diligently working on my second 6WC, though! I actually hand wrote most of it to get an idea of what I wanted to focus on. I have two quests confirmed and I'm debating on what to make my third. And how terrible is it that I'm hung up and torn between themes? SUCH IS LIFE.

On a health note: I ate horribly yesterday...and I felt it all day. I also didn't take my normal walk/do yoga on Saturday or yesterday. I could tell. I was so tired and sluggish. It was a gray day, too, with hints of snow, but yes. It's amazing what those few days of getting lots of exercise, eating well, and drinking lots of water can do to your body.

On a brighter note, I did manage to plan out this week's dinner menu!

I'm slowly trying to introduce more green into the diets of my family. Aside from my Mom and me, green veggies aren't an exciting food in the house. One battle at a time, though! I've managed to get them to eat side dishes that are not potatoes (mostly rice) and I'm going to start adding salads as much as possible. With the spring/summer approaching, colorful eating an happen!

• Like 1

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

Yay yay 6WC! Do you know which guild you are choosing? :D

I love that you are planning dinner menus, that's super ambitious!! *_*  (And leaves less chance for failure or bad eating!)  I'm happy spring is here, and I need to remember to stop at our local produce stand to pick up lots of colorful tasties..

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

I've always said I was going to plan dinner menus and just .... never did it. It's actually really helpful for when you're going grocery shopping because then I know what I need on my list...etc!

We don't have a lot of colorful produce stands just yet, but we're getting there!

I thiiiiiiink I am going to poke around in the Druid guild if they'll have me! :D

• Like 1

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

I'm going to do my best to keep track of my routine and eating this week. I plan on doing some major spring cleaning so that the house is nice and fresh when my Mom gets home next Monday. I think I can finally call it spring up here in Canada since I can open the windows!

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

Today is RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN WIND RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN WIND WIND RAIN RAIN RAIN

but whatever. that means my cleaning playlist on Spotify is DOMINATING the house. I was Cleaning Spice today, that's for sure.

I hate cleaning. I really do. I don't know why, but it's just ... ugh. But I have to say that these days, the feeling of accomplishment far outweighs the stress of going OMG I HAVE SO MUCH TO DO! Doing a little each day rather than trying to compile everything into one day is also a much better way to do things. HELLO, BRAIN. Thank you for finally waking up and coming out of that fog. Let's stay there, mmkay?

I did get a late start but I blame the fact that I had to catch up on the last two episodes of Better Call Saul and asldkfja;lsdjf [iNSERT COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF KEYBOARD SMASHING].

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

I have many yoga classes to catch up, so I decided to cram three in today. The first one was a good, informative one that relayed the benefits of doing yoga. Good to know!

The second two were helping with my flexibility and included an entire beginner's yoga class.

35 minutes of refreshing yoga after not doing it for at least six days was just what I needed. All the lights were off, I had one of my favorite candles burning, the door open to listen to the rain; what an absolutely empowering time. I have work to do on my stamina, strength, and flexibility. I need to work on my downward dog (going into, coming out of to baby inchworm/cobra) and my tree pose (balance). All good things to continue working on to strengthen the core and large area muscles as the instructor pointed out.

What I like most is that I don't feel miserable when I'm done. I get a good sweat in, some awesome stretches, and I just feel so fantastic.

A+ for me!

• Like 1

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

I have many yoga classes to catch up, so I decided to cram three in today. The first one was a good, informative one that relayed the benefits of doing yoga. Good to know!

The second two were helping with my flexibility and included an entire beginner's yoga class.

35 minutes of refreshing yoga after not doing it for at least six days was just what I needed. All the lights were off, I had one of my favorite candles burning, the door open to listen to the rain; what an absolutely empowering time. I have work to do on my stamina, strength, and flexibility. I need to work on my downward dog (going into, coming out of to baby inchworm/cobra) and my tree pose (balance). All good things to continue working on to strengthen the core and large area muscles as the instructor pointed out.

What I like most is that I don't feel miserable when I'm done. I get a good sweat in, some awesome stretches, and I just feel so fantastic.

A+ for me!

THIS,  This is what I love SO MUCH about yoga.  No matter how I do during the practice - even if I struggle a lot - when it's over I feel so empowered and positive and happy... it's a wonderful feeling. *____*

I love doing yoga with the door open too!!!  Lately the birds have been chirping in the morning when it's still pretty dark and the ambiance is perfect. <3

• Like 1

I also wanted to note that I have been feeling famished all day. I'm finally feeling full and content, but that was after....

Bowl of Maple Frosted Mini Wheats with Skim Milk

One cup of coffee with Hazlenut creamer

Single serving container of Cherry Activia Greek yogurt (omg this is so so good~)

Baby carrots

Multi-grain crackers (the Breton kind because those are delicious)

A few small pieces (chunks? slices? idk) of marble cheese (Crackerbarrel)

Roasted Garlic hummus

A few pieces of cantaloupe (mmmmmmmmmm~!)

Chocolate Chip granola bar

This spanned from 6:30 AM - 1ish? Maybe 1:30. I should have been better at recording this stuff! x__x I even had my phone next to me and derp.

In any case, it wasn't all together, but it just felt like I was just hungry and had a horrible case of the munchies. I will say that prior to my cantaloupe and hummus and carrots, I had just finished my yoga.

I also haven't had any water today. ._. -923874923784 DKP

• Like 1

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

-500 DKP D:

I am notoriously bad at recording food intake.  I did the MFP thing for a few months just to get a baseline of my calories in v out and it's just... uggghhh logging.  It's especially difficult when I do a lot of home cooking, and have to source each ingredient and divide by my portion and WAAAALBRLGLRLGLBLRGL

MAN I miss Greek yogurt.  Dairy and me don't usually get along but I am considering being real particular about my choices and carefully adding it back into my diet... I love yogurt...!

• Like 1

I did a little bit of yoga on my own yesterday while folding laundry. I sat on my mat, made sure to watch my posture and listen to my breathing. While folding, I did side bends and stretches. It was a good 20 minutes of freestyle yoga and even though my back muscles were sore, it was worth it. I still felt good. I also found some fabulous, big and beautiful yoga gals on instagram to follow for more inspiration. I really appreciate the yoga is for every body mantra. I have always been terrified to try it no matter how much I wanted to because I was afraid of my physical limitations. I read a lot of great and motivational articles on doyouyoga.com and I really felt better about my quest.

I am doing this for me and no one else. I am on a journey to get healthy and happy whatever that size may be for me!

I do have to see what I can do to help this tiredness that has been happening for the past two days. After my coffee, I'm going to make sure I drink lots of water today. I have a feeling that the lingering sleepiness may be due to other things (nothing bad but nothing that can be helped!) but that's no reason not to keep pushing and chugging along!

Also, IT IS SO NICE TODAY. Continue being nice weather! I am rooting for you!

• Like 1

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

It's crazy how much hydration affects my energy levels!!

I usually drink anywhere from 4-6 12oz glasses at work every day, but one day I had just forgotten and only had 1 glass, and by the afternoon I was SO fatigued and sluggish and spacey... once I remembered 'oh, water' and had a big glass I felt perfectly fine like I hadn't been exhausted at all. CRAZY!

That and when I add something new to my workout routine sometimes my body will get tired for a few days while it tries to adjust... ugh, I hate being sleepy. :(

YAY YAY SPRING YAY

I really considered whether to put this in my battle log, but being emotionally healthy and finding a sense of inner peace is just as important as physical health.

I have been an avid RPer for...a very long time. Since I was in high school so 20 years of creating characters, writing in marbled notebooks, on journal websites, message boards, playing in "fandoms", etc.

Today, I made the decision to step back and away from it...to focus on these great things happening in my life.

I was noticing that I just didn't have the time to devote to sitting at the computer and writing (or tagging) like I use to do. That time was being spent exercising, making better life decisions, crafting, and just...living. It was sad, yes, but it was a smart decision.

I'm still working on my spring cleaning for the soul. I often do that "delete and start over" with many a social networking site and accounts. Usually when things get too full and cluttered, I feel overwhelmed and just make something new and forget about it. Not this time, though. The idea of removing people from things still makes me flustered, but sometimes it just happens. Life happens.

I need to start making the effort to get out and be more social. I'm getting a little better, but I still feel alone. Terrible to say, I know, but I need to find a good way to meet folks around my age, who like the things I like, and get a better social life. That goes along with bettering my emotional health.

Ugh. Emotional health, why are you so difficult to fix sometimes?

• Like 1

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

I love you. You are great. [emoji178] [emoji178] [emoji178]

I have been feeling the same way about gaming lately, WoW in particular. There are just other things I'd rather do with my time than be stuck to the computer on a weekend... I think with spring being here that helps a lot with my thoughts on it. I would rather be crafting or cleaning or cooking.

It's interesting how many little mental and physical changes you notice on your healthier journeys. Things like this happen to me quite often now and every time it makes me go, 'wow'. :)

• Like 2

I am so with you on the gaming front. I've been kicking around in D3 with the new season and I'm really into Hearthstone (brain usage go!) but everything else has really teetered off for me. I even cancelled my FFXIV subscription for the time being. I do enjoy it, but I just don't have the time right now. WoW has become one of those games where I wish I could just have a whole new account with a select few individuals knowing where I am and just starting fresh.

It's definitely interesting and I'm actually pretty happy that my decisions to do things are going in a more positive direction. I am going to do whatever I can to keep it going!

• Like 2

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

A great way to end the day: A SURPRISE MOM APPEARED.

She came home a day early and there were happies all around!

I did drink more water today and once I did, I felt much better and less tired. Good thing to note!

Tomorrow starts the next 6WC, so any further updates will be found there!

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

I'm back here while I wait for the next 6WC. I am working on writing it up to share and it will have a lot of meaning and support behind it this time around. Not that the two previous ones didn't, but you shall see why once it has been completed!

• Like 1

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

I'm back here while I wait for the next 6WC. I am working on writing it up to share and it will have a lot of meaning and support behind it this time around. Not that the two previous ones didn't, but you shall see why once it has been completed!

YOU HAVE ME ON THE EDGE OF MY SEAT YO.

<3

• Like 1

I've been working on prepping for the next six week challenge. I've also been chatting up NerdFitness to everyone I know because of the success and support that I have found. Recruitment +10!

Ideas on building the Food Cloud are still progressing. I've thought about making magnets to put on the fridge which may be the best bet. Making such things are relatively easy, too! That way, it's there in front of me when I go searching for something to snack on. I feel anything else would fall into the "out of sight/out of mind" way of life. I don't want that! Seems a trip to the dollar store is in order!

I'm doing a lot of reorganizing around the house with Mom and also to make an even better area in my room for yoga time. Right now it's okay. I thought I would have more room, but it's a bit cramped. I think I can do better. I will Tim Gunn it the best I can though!

Oh yeah! Tomorrow is my birthday! The never-ending question of "What do you want to do?" is strong today. Whomp whomp.

I'm also considering, perhaps, putting together an Accountibilibuddy group. I'm not 100% sure of this, but I'm definitely considering it! Nothing too intense, but maybe some light challenges since I'm not savvy (yet!) with other types of workouts/routines/reps/etc. I have some time to think about it, so we shall see! :D

• Like 1

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society