Twilight: Rebuild all your ruins

Twilight

Goals for this Challenge:

• Swim once per week
  • Train with weights once per week
  • Train with my bodyweight once per week
  • Do a sun salutation every weekday
  • Ukulele practice three times per week

I'm not tracking food this time since I feel like I've got that under control. I want to swim more, I want to start weight training with my big muscly friend. I want to keep up with bodyweight training. I want to keep my flexibility. And I want to actually learn now to play my uke. So there you have it.

I am feeling very uninspired. Going to do it anyway.

• Like 9

You can do it!

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

You forgot the goal of chasing the shinies with even more crow and other hand balances.  ;)  Chasing shinies can really help if you're feeling uninspired.

I admire the weather toughness of you Canadians.  I have access to an indoor pool, but the idea of swimming at all when it's so cold outside is just totally unappealing.  

• Like 2

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Love that song. Dedication is doing it anyway even when you aren't quite feeling it.

Does this help any? (second song isn't great, might want to mute it after Pendulum)

Wow. Just, wow. That can be either inspiring or depressing, depending on the mood. ;)
  • Like 1

13153_original.gif

Yay, it's my cheer squad! :D

Haha genius video!

You might feel uninspired but you never feel to inspire. Looking forward to your challenge!

It takes me way back. :D

tumblr_n20a7bhUO41tpfuyjo1_500.jpg

Thank you!!

Love that song.  Dedication is doing it anyway even when you aren't quite feeling it.

Does this help any?  (second song isn't great, might want to mute it after Pendulum)

Yessss!

And I'm all

giphy.gif

But that's what practice is for, right??

Wow. Just, wow. That can be either inspiring or depressing, depending on the mood.  ;)

Haha yes. :D

You can do it!

That's the spirit!

Yay!

original.gif

You forgot the goal of chasing the shinies with even more crow and other hand balances.   ;)  Chasing shinies can really help if you're feeling uninspired.

I admire the weather toughness of you Canadians.  I have access to an indoor pool, but the idea of swimming at all when it's so cold outside is just totally unappealing.  

Right! I'm going to be doing hand balancing stuff with my sun salutation. If I have to do a sun salutation every week day, it's likely that it will turn into a full stretching session (not every time, but often enough to make me happy), and those sessions frequently include hand balancing and headstands. I have lots of specific goals this time and I'm worried about putting in another goal around shiny-chasing. :-\ I'm hoping that having a daily maintenance stretch will give me the freedom to do the shiny hand balancing when I'm feeling up to it, without making me feel guilty if I don't get to it. That's my rationale currently.

There's stuff I'm doing that isn't in my goals, like the food plan, and continuing on with learning languages and hula hooping and photography. I'm trying to keep my goals to things that I need help/encouragement to stick with, and shiny chasing is something that will be happening anyway!

30464-Cat-chasing-laser-gif-8mE4.gif

It was -32C with the wind here this morning. At this point, if you don't laugh, you'll cry. We can't take all winter off of doing the things that make us happy! :)

Hey. You're awesome. So keep being awesome.

Ok!

giphy.gif

I'm here, the party can start now :)

Hi!

51564___safe_rainbow-dash_animated_gummy

Starting the challenge with a nasty cough. At least I did some squats yesterday, even though the challenge only officially starts today. My butt is sore though. :lol:

• Like 1

Well here you are!! :D

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 - cute is consistent

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Hi hi!

I just had a great idea about shiny-chasing! I will mark days when I chase shinies during my workout with an asterisk. If I make the week shiny, I get a prize! What are the prizes? Um, maybe you guys could pick one? And it could be anything because it'll just be for fun, like a vacation to Tahiti or something. [emoji38] Or the amount of shiny will affect my prize, like if I only have a couple of asterisks, then I get a nice sandwich? :D If only I had money and could reward myself for real!

• Like 1

So!

Had a great stretching session last night, including hand balancing. I felt really awesome afterward. I'm able to comfortably put my hands flat on the floor when I'm standing and doing a forward bend. I can rest my forhead on my knees in pike, as well as one at a time with one leg out and the other tucked. :D I think I should do more arm and shoulder stretches, but I'll get to it.

I found my ukulele (I had misplaced it a few weeks ago), but failed to actually play it.

Sick, so no work out.

Day one, done!

• Like 2

Thanks!

Crow, side crow (both sides of course), and firefly. :D Because somebody is doing really cool things in their thread and it looks fun! ;)

I discovered on Monday that I can raise my legs to do a shoulder stand and lower them back down while keeping my back fully on the floor. No more arch! My core is getting stronger!!

Did it again yesterday, too. :D Still no ukulele. Am swimming today, but it will be more of a leisure swim than laps. Also, the pool is outdoors. (It's that one I mentioned a few challenges ago that's clothing optional.) Swimming outdoors while it's snowing is pretty great.

• Like 3

Abzzz of steel!

Have to say swimming could be nice, but I prefer a nice hot tub and champagne when it's snowing. ;)

Yeah! My friend said she could see my abs working while we were doing yoga at the place yesterday. :D Which means that a ) my abs are strong enough to show that they're working and b ) my body fat is low enough to show my abs!

At this place, that is easily arranged. They're a licensed bar, too. ;) Can you see why I go there a lot??

I want a clothing optional swimming pool! Feeling better then?

It's fun! I've still got the stupid cough, which sounds awful, but I've felt pretty ok for the last few days. It's just the cough that won't go away.

Weight workout with muscle guy tonight!! I'll get him to take some pics. :D OMG weights. I must make an offering to Brodin, or something.