Twilight: Rebuild all your ruins

Twilight

Last night I did a BWW+sledgehammer+dumbells workout. My muscly friend gave me a set of dumbells for my birthday. No weights, but the handles are still like 5lbs each. So I used them and did a bunch of reps in a bunch of different positions. I was jello by the time I was done, and my inner thighs are sore today. Yay DOMS!

I scheduled a massage for Saturday. :D

• Like 1

Sounds like an intense (and really good) workout! I hope parental visit is going well. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was good! I should repeat it today ... ugh lol

Visit is going ok but I've barely been home. Today will be the challenge.

Getting good sleep because I took today and yesterday as vacation days, so I've been sleeping in! Aka getting a full right hours! Omg. Yay.

Photo shoot yesterday, which called upon my strength and flexibility. I'm sore today from it.

• Like 1

Can I ask whether playing the ukulele is something that you really enjoy doing or something that would be kind of cool to be able to do? You never sound as enthusiastic when you talk about the uke as about other stuff and it's always the first thing to go... Just putting it out there.

Yay for sleep and photo shoot. :) 

Yeah,I want to do it because it would be cool, but I don't have nearly the same kind of motivation or patience as I do for other stuff. Can't I just be good at something if I think about it a whole bunch?? Waaa.

I have not succeeded at my second workout this week. I'm about to go swimming with my friends though. :)

It's great that you managed to get a set of nice DB handles.  You could probably pretty cheaply pick up some 2.5 lb, 5 lb, and 10 lb plates, and then you'd be set to do quite a lot of lifts.

For the ukulele, I've been in a similar position, where I like the idea of being able to do something much more than I actually like doing that thing.  And then it's tricky to decide whether focusing on that thing and picking up enough skill will make it fun and rewarding, or whether it's better to abandon ship altogether and stop setting yourself up for failure.  Good luck with figuring that out.  :)  

• Like 1

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

For the ukulele, I've been in a similar position, where I like the idea of being able to do something much more than I actually like doing that thing.  And then it's tricky to decide whether focusing on that thing and picking up enough skill will make it fun and rewarding, or whether it's better to abandon ship altogether and stop setting yourself up for failure.  Good luck with figuring that out.   :)

Exactly, that's why I asked. :)

March 16 - March 22

M  T  W  T  F  S  S

Swim                        Y  1/1

Weights     .5                .5/1

BWW         .5                .5/1

Stretch      Y  Y  Y  Y        4/5

Ukulele                        0/3

A mediocre week. Keeping up with stretching is great. Food is great (not tracking it, but I'm glad to report that it's still on track). My back is still pretty sore, just overall. It's not the specific lower back area that was bothering me from back bends, but it makes me not want to move around a lot. I had a good deep-tissue massage on Saturday, but am now sore from the massage. I got some good sleep last week, and so I'm starting this week feeling pretty well rested. It's nice.

Ukulele ... I really do want to learn how to play it. I want to do a lot of things, but just don't have the time for it. Ugh.

It's great that you managed to get a set of nice DB handles.  You could probably pretty cheaply pick up some 2.5 lb, 5 lb, and 10 lb plates, and then you'd be set to do quite a lot of lifts.

For the ukulele, I've been in a similar position, where I like the idea of being able to do something much more than I actually like doing that thing.  And then it's tricky to decide whether focusing on that thing and picking up enough skill will make it fun and rewarding, or whether it's better to abandon ship altogether and stop setting yourself up for failure.  Good luck with figuring that out.   :)

I bet I could even find some for free! :) It's nearly yard sale season, and I have a feeling my new neighbourhood will be very fruitful for such many useful things.

Thanks. :) Over the course of the last year as I've figured out how to make challenges work for me, I've been pretty conscientious of setting realistic goals for myself. I honestly didn't think I'd be doing this badly, having specifically called it out as a goal this time.

Exactly, that's why I asked. :)

Right! Maybe I just need to reduce my goal to once per week. That's better than nothing!

Another busy week ahead.

I feel exactly the same way about the uke. I never practice. :( but! I'm ok with that. it's there for when I want to noodle on it. and that's all I want right now.

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

I feel exactly the same way about the uke. I never practice. :( but! I'm ok with that. it's there for when I want to noodle on it. and that's all I want right now.

hehehe noodling :D

Last night I spent some much-needed time with my husband, and made a poster for him for the dog-walking business he wants to start. He drew the picture, I made it a poster. Teamwork!

It made me think about how exercise and uke practice and whatnot is hard to squeeze in most of the time because I'm just really busy constantly. You should see my calendar ... I need at least two weeks notice to book in anything. No wonder things fall off my plate. I'm still making time for occasional exercise and, more often, stretching, but there are only so many hours in the day.

I will keep going and exercising and stretching and aiming higher, because it makes me feel good and I like how I'm looking all leaner and fitter ... but I'm not going to stress too much when I don't meet my targets perfectly. :)

• Like 3

So very behind on your thread *sorry*.  Very nice back!  Your Birthday picture too :-)

Happy belated Birthday!  Sounds like it was a good time!  Yard sales would be great for getting weights, I bet.  Good luck.

If you can count, you can cross-stitch.  Hope it's a small project though.

• Like 1

Behave yourself, badly if necessary.

Current Challenge

Judo - Shodan

My Character

So very behind on your thread *sorry*.  Very nice back!  Your Birthday picture too :-)

Happy belated Birthday!  Sounds like it was a good time!  Yard sales would be great for getting weights, I bet.  Good luck.

If you can count, you can cross-stitch.  Hope it's a small project though.

No worries, I'm behind on everyone's threads!

Thank you! So much fun lately, and so many good things.

I'll let y'all know how the cross-stitch works out. I hope to get started tomorrow afternoon.

Ooh, nice.

Miss Hatter approves.

Thank you!

Apparently the thing going on in my lower middle back is called a Christmas tree. :P Weird.

Birthday party tonight, so I will be indulging in treats. And swimming! And fun. ;)

March 23 - March 29

M  T  W  T  F  S  S

Swim                           0/1

Weights     .5          .5     1/1

BWW         .5          .5     1/1

Stretch         Y        Y  Y* 3/5

Ukulele                        0/3

Welp. I did have a great stretching session yesterday, and I also did rope, which was fun. Swimming didn't happen on Friday because the pool was closed by the time we went downstairs. I did not keep up with stretching like I would have liked to, and my left hip flexor is losing flexibility. I can hold Crow for ~10 seconds pretty consistently these days though, so that feels pretty great.

My husband re-started BBWW recently, and now he's convinced our girlfriend to do it. First session was last night, and it went well. :D She said she was concerned about getting bulky, but of course we know that's not going to happen. She's already a healthy weight and in pretty good shape, so she should see some visible results really quickly if she sticks with it. I told her to take pics! Now to persuade her to join the forums. ;)

Oh! Also: one of our neighbours put a big tub full of free weight plates out on the curb today. Score. :D

AND I'm overall pretty happy that I'm getting back into a workout rhythm.

Ukulele ... :-\

• Like 3

I hurt all over and I have no idea why ... I didn't stretch or work out yesterday. This is worrying me. I joked last night about "my old aching bones" but it's getting silly.

What about 2 days ago? My DOMS is often 48 hours after the workout.

Maybe it is just a psychosomatic response to the joke. ;)

• Like 1

Great job with the crow!  And it's awesome that you found a bunch of weight plates!  Have you tried them out yet with your DB handles?

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Looks like a nice set of weight plates!

I always preferred needlepoint to counted cross stitch. I have not done either for awhile, but I can actually finish a needlepoint project. :) the butterflies look pretty already. :)