Pretzle sneaks back into the forums

Pretzle

Oh gosh it's been a while. Hi again :) 

So, the moment I decide to join in the next challenge my life goes CRAZY. That's how life works, isn't it? 

Main goal: 2 times a week = gymtime. Tuesday night will be Zumba (as has become the norm) and then one more time for some strength based training. (Probably on Saturday morning, or maybe a circuit-style group lesson). 

Main-sub-goal: Don't go absolutely crazy by suddenly working 5 days a week at two different schools (what have I done?!?!?!?)

That's it. No other hidden 'for fun' goals or even thinking about them. If I end up doing other stuff, great. If not but I get to the gym two times a week and I'm able to do my work and not completely feel like a zombie that's all I wish for. 

Even if I get to the gym two times a week AND feel like a zombie but manage work, that's still a win and thus a level up. 

----------

Will probably edit with pretty pictures/gifs and other stuff. But this is the core of my challenge. No, this IS my challenge.

• Like 3

level 10 wood elf assassin

Intro1st challenge | .... | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | Current @ warriors

I think this is great! Simple, and safeguarding against overdoing! I know I am prone to do that as well, and then crash shortly after, so I can relate! Good luck :D

This week so far: 

Zumba x 1

I signed up for the 'intens' workout for tomorrow. Seems like gyms are also finally getting on the circuit training bandwagon. 30 minutes (incl warming up/tiny cooling down) of GO GO GO, well... 'intens', you know. I noticed some fun equipment such as kettlebells in the new room so I'm quiiiite curious. And excited. And horribly scared of the DOMS which will undoubtedly result from it. Tomorroooooowwww... *insert Annie voice*

:( Also boo, somehow even though I signed the list they thought I 'wasn't there' yesterday so I need to re-sign up for the weekly classes. Oh well.

• Like 2

Woot!

Intens was pretty doable for its name, but yes... circuit style, 2 rounds of 8 exercises, 50 seconds each and then 10-20 seconds to switch and continue with the next exercise. 1 minute break in-between rounds.

We did: Side planks (with movement, don't know the name), jumping squats, squats-with-1-leg-on-step, weighted ball sit ups, fly's (but eh, bent forward a bit), kettlebell something (yay for knowing therminology :P not) annnnd hanging forward in ropes with a handle and doing push-ups, sorta. 

Most tense now? abs. Pretty sure I'll have some DOMS in: Upper legs, chest area. I'll let you guys know how bad it'll be :P haha.

• Like 2

Yes it's intense! A full-hour lesson of Zumba is super easy compared to this. It raises your heartrate like crazy, that's the worst (and the most satisfying) of it. ^^ 

Day 1 week 2:

- Had my first day back at work at school #1. 2/4 groups went quite well/ok. The other two? Pfff, I have some proper work to do, oh gosh :( But... I made it, I'm still feeling optimistic and full of energy, so just keep going one day at a time and improving one tiny thing at a time and I'll get to where I want to be eventually!

Tomorrow will be Zumba in the evening and... teaching (first day! Haven't taught there before) at school #2. 4 new groups, one hour for each group. What's awesome though is that this school (they're quite a bit further away) managed to schedule my classes starting the second hour (Tuesday) and the third hour (Friday) :) That should give me at least an hour of extra sleep a week, hehe. Curious to get to know this school and the students... I'm definitely dead set on being way stricter at first. I hope I'll be able to stick to that...

• Like 1

Mmm more sleep sounds good, did you ask them to do that? because then it's quite nice of them to do that! 

And teachers who are strict at first do always get better 'control' over their class and can have more fun later.. but i dont need to tell you that, you know it xD

How did it go?

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current hiding out in a battle log: KB Girl's journal

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Short update for now but... it went fine :D Seems to have helped me to be stricter at the other school now, too... But, after 4 days of work I'm quite ready for the weekend now... Getting a bit tired. Think so far I'm doing great though (energy-wise), and well, it's only one more day! 

On Tuesday I did Zumba. I was sort of hoping to go to Intens again tonight, but I decided to get to the gym earlier to give me a nice, calm evening instead of having to go somewhere at night again (Zumba Tuesday, yesterday was a lecture at our church - which was great... but... yeah, tired now). 

I did squats (after warming up, 3 x 10 @ 35 kgs)

Lunges with 6 kg/hand (3 x 18 (= 9 each leg)

Fly's... or maybe they're slightly different, 4 kgs/hand, 15 times.

3 negative chin-ups (boy I've grown weak - this was DIFFICULT, and I could do an almost full actual chin-up when I did them last)

And a short-lived attempt at sideplanks (about 20-30 seconds each side) before cooling down and getting out of there. I can already feel my legs, so it was a proper workout hehe.

Yeah, tired. Done for this week, challenge-wise, though :D:D 

• Like 1

Wooo you smashed this week in the face! :D And don't worry about the chins, KBgirl is probably right because she just knows this stuff, but also since you were able to do them before I think you'll be able to soon again <3 

Well, I was ALMOST able to do a full one (like, couldn't get there starting with my arms straight - but almost straight? Yup, I could get 1 and a half ;)). But yes, it's just frustrating, and a bit painful today :P 

Thanks for the support girls <3 (writing girls because I always say guys but that's actually slightly strange)

• Like 1

Heh yeah that is kind of strange, and I usually say guys too while I think it's mostly girls commenting. Do you think there are more girl assassins? *ponders* 

AND SEE HOW FAST YOU ARE GOING! NEXT TIME YOU WILL GET IT MAY THE KITTEH FORCE BE WITH YOU

Cat_110b8a_1864406.jpg

• Like 1