Pretzle sneaks back into the forums

Pretzle

Cats!! :D Cats always make things better!

Zumba was ok, it was a bit too crowded so we didn't have enough space to actually... you know, completely spread your arms. That combined with quite some new people (I LOVE it when there are new people, makes me feel good at it ;)) who do things like mirror the teacher (he's our mirror, so mirror - mirror = going the wrong way) or can't keep up with the steps yet = people bumping into each other... So yeah, not the best lesson ever :P 

But I did it! :D

• Like 2

level 10 wood elf assassin

Intro1st challenge | .... | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | Current @ warriors

I'm upset :( 

Today was fine, and then when I got home and did the dishes I noticed a weird pain on the inside of my right elbow. It only got worse.

I didn't do anything weird as far as I know, I haven't bumped it, I didn't make any weird movements (as far as I know) and now it pretty much hurts non-stop, it seems like the ligament on the inside is irritated or sprained or whatever. If it doesn't get better I'll try to make an appointment at the doctor tomorrow - it's that bad. -.- 

So yes, upset.

• Like 1

I'm upset :(

Today was fine, and then when I got home and did the dishes I noticed a weird pain on the inside of my right elbow. It only got worse.

I didn't do anything weird as far as I know, I haven't bumped it, I didn't make any weird movements (as far as I know) and now it pretty much hurts non-stop, it seems like the ligament on the inside is irritated or sprained or whatever. If it doesn't get better I'll try to make an appointment at the doctor tomorrow - it's that bad. -.- 

So yes, upset.

Sorry, hopefully it isn't serious. Do you do foam rolling or have a small ball you can use to roll over it? 

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

:D Lilith and Waanie you saved my challenge this week! (Together with my hubby) :D

I really didn't feel like it, even though the elbow pain is gone (yay!)... So I came here, read your posts... asked hubby whether or not I should go... and I did!

I did a BW style training using the new 'Intens' room in the gym, I did 1 minute each of: 

- Walking lunges (x2)

- Jumping squats

- Plank

- Sit ups with weighted ball (x2) 

- Squats with 1 leg on the step (1 min each leg)

- push ups

- Jumping jacks

- flys (1 x with 4 kgs/hand, 1 x with 2 kgs/hand)

Annnd some stretching and 5 minutes on the epiliptical. 

My abs :'( But it's the good pain.

• Like 1

Oh I am so glad I could help out! Though you should not give us too much credit, in the end it was you who decided to do it, and do it well! Ab pain is great pain, IMAGINE THE MUSCLES  

• Like 1

I did end up with a headache/migraine yesterday. This does seem to happen more often after workouts (compared to non-workout days). I wonder why. I think I drink enough, but maybe it's posture related, especially with ab exercises (I have a tendency to strain my neck a bit too much). I could also have been the chocolate or playing Tales of Xillia 2 in not the wisest position (half-lying down :P). 

I'm ok again though, today :D I pre-celebrated my birthday with the in-law side of the family (woot woot, got a boekenbon/book voucher worth 15 euros, I'm going to get Myrthe v/d Meer sequel to 'PAAZ' ^^). Real birthday is in two weeks, when I'll celebrate with friends and the other side of the family. Kind of looking forward to that.

But for now, this week ended ok, up to next week!

• Like 1

Do you also have enough sugar before/after the workout? Feeling low in that regard can also give you a headache! And it could definitely be posture related, though I'm not sure how to counter it. I always strain my neck too with ab exercises, which is why I usually choose not to do crunchlike movements.

Extra birthday, yay! Glad you had fun!  

Oh I am so glad I could help out! Though you should not give us too much credit, in the end it was you who decided to do it, and do it well! Ab pain is great pain, IMAGINE THE MUSCLES

This ^. Good job on working out :).

For the headache with abs exercises, it could very well be that it is posture related or that you're clenching your jaws. If you want to be sure, you should visit a PT (if it's in your insurance) or doctor. There are always tons of possible causes for headaches, so it is probably worth it to see someone with medical knowledge ;).

Glad that you're okay again and that you had a nice party :).

Now I'm wondering if the headache was (also) related to general health. :( I was feeling SO easily angered/annoyed today. Almost cried after classes. Came home, also felt nauseated and just 'ill', turns out I have a slight fever. Bleh, at least I have something to blame for not performing too well today xD

I slept a bit in the afternoon, am now taking it slow and hope that I'll be ok to work tomorrow (2 days at the other school is by Randstad, and well.. not working = no money there). But Wednesday is a day without lessons (workshops etc) so if I don't feel up to it I can take that day to recover. Should be fine... Now let's see about Zumba tomorrow.