Climbing? Soon! Someday.. Errr.. No idea! But I mean it, we should arrange it! Will be fun to see you again <3 

We should! 

I'd also love to go climbing, or eh... well, bouldering, not climbing-climbing, again some time :)

Good to see we are all back/still active ^^ *follows*

Yea bouldering sounds good xD 

I think we all got back for this challenge tbh :tongue: Crazy fun coincidence, no? 

We did indeed!

Dancing is always a good thing!

Always! Hiya Red!

Welcome back, I'm looking forward to your awesome challenge :).

Count me in for climbing :).

Thank you! And yay! :)

I'll be in Amsterdam over Easter! Just putting that out there. I'll have my stud muffin with me though and am meeting up with a friend from America, but my easter sunday should be relatively free. >_>

Oohhhh stud muffins are allowed. Let's see if we can meet up. When is easter? xD

And I'll be there end of June. Just sayin'.  B)

I'm visiting a friend in Amsterdam, but I was thinking that I could take a few days off to visit you peeps. :)

YES! Maybe we should just do a big meet up. I'd be happy to host in my gym or we could find a climbing hall in a more central location. 

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: It's all future KB Girl's problem

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Woot, I'm excited for the challenge to start! 

I've realized that my challenge is very... non-specific. The reason for this is that i'm just trying to get back into the swing of things without a 70-hour work week. It feels impossible to pick 2 or 3 things to focus on. So basically my main goal is the just get going and the logging. Logging works. Posting here works. So that's what this challenge is all about.

Maybe halfway through i'll add some more specificity! (is that a word? and an appropriate one?)

• Like 2

<3333 You're back in challenge action!  Update your signature! I wasn't sure if you had a new challenge because I just signature-stalk all the time. ;)

I think you're on the right track just trying to get back into the swing (har har har) of things. Specificity can always come later if you feel like you need it or think it would be helpful to guide yourself toward the things you decide you want to work on. 

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

I've realized that my challenge is very... non-specific. The reason for this is that i'm just trying to get back into the swing of things without a 70-hour work week. It feels impossible to pick 2 or 3 things to focus on. So basically my main goal is the just get going and the logging. Logging works. Posting here works. So that's what this challenge is all about.

Maybe halfway through i'll add some more specificity! (is that a word? and an appropriate one?)

That sounds like a reasonable approach to me.  It's not like you're going to slack off on your KB training, so you probably don't need a specific goal for it.  Logging and being mindful seem like a great way to get back into the swing of things.  I'm so glad you're back!

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Daaaaaancing FTW! I am doing a happy dance of my own that you're back! :D

:) We can dance and kettlebell together! o/

<3333 You're back in challenge action!  Update your signature! I wasn't sure if you had a new challenge because I just signature-stalk all the time. ;)

I think you're on the right track just trying to get back into the swing (har har har) of things. Specificity can always come later if you feel like you need it or think it would be helpful to guide yourself toward the things you decide you want to work on. 

Good idea! I did!

I hadn't even realized the pun. Right now I just need to put in more work, I'm not at all sure what my weak points are at the moment.

Yay! Welcome back! It's so wonderful that you were away and too busy for NF because you were doing the things you set out to do!!! :D :D :D

It was just the things I had to do so I could later to things I want to do xD I'm immensely glad it's over! Now just the last little bits and that diploma WILL be mine.

I'd really, really love to finally meet you guys!! I think a train ticket to Amsterdam from where I live is around 40-50€ so it's affordable for me to go there to see you! :)

Amsterdam is actually on the other side of the Netherlands from me! But we can make it work. How much would a train ticket to Enschede be?

That sounds like a reasonable approach to me.  It's not like you're going to slack off on your KB training, so you probably don't need a specific goal for it.  Logging and being mindful seem like a great way to get back into the swing of things.  I'm so glad you're back!

No there will always be KB training! I can sometimes suck at the extra work that needs doing, but I really don't have a clue what that extra work needs to be at the moment. But I'll figure it out during this challenge :)

I'm honored you guys seem glad to have me around again <3

• Like 1

Things were busy so my first real update had to wait!

Monday I had a rest day, wednesday I was supposed to go for a run but I got woken up by a sick colleague asking me to take over his shift.. and when I came home knackered I decided that the best use of my evening would be to watch youtube videos of "humans are awesome" and eat ice cream.

So this update is all about tuesday

Started the day with 2 hours of teaching kettlebells, then did my own kettlebell training. I was excited about training so I didn't need it, but I did some silly dancing as a warmup anyway. Then I helped my sister move the last stuff from her old attic to her new house.

After an early dinner came my own strength training followed by 3 more hours of teaching.

My work sets were; 

10kg swing-swing-snatch, 3 minutes each hand

16kg snatch, 1 minute each hand @16rpm

24kg snatch, 11 reps each hand

running to superman lunge, 6x 5/5

Backsquat 5x45kg, 5x52,5kg and 4x60kg. 

that last one was also supposed to be 5, but I didn't manage.

I took video of my snatches, so I could count afterwards and judge technique;

• Like 2

I've given it a little thought and I think as a bit of a specific goal I'll go for a lineair progression on my snatch work. It seems appropriate.

So on 24kg snatch week 1 I did 11 reps each hand, I'll add 1 rep a hand every week. See how long I can keep that up.

For my 16kg snatch i'll go for endurance, first week was 1:00 each hand worth +-15 reps, so i'll add 20 seconds (+-5 reps) every week. 

If I can keep that up until the dutch national championship first weekend of July (which is highly unlikely, but humor me) I'll do 120 snatches with 16kg there and if I keep it up until the world championship in November (impossible!) i'd do either 220 reps with 16kg (and win first place as amateur) or do 100 reps with 24kg which is also good enough for a podium spot, rofl. Isn't math fun. And wouldn't an endless lineair progression be brilliant.

• Like 4

Like your plan for progression, even if at some point it slows down a bit.

Do you track calories? I'm trying to estimate how many calories the swing and TGU burn. The MFP calculator says 15 minutes of TGUs is 46 calories, which seems super low to me.

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Hmm actually no. Because then it would always be about who's been at it the longest and who had a better starting point. It still is to a large extent but there's more variables to play with. Like how awesome your technique is. :)

Ahhhh, good point  :orange:

Yes! But like... not at the same time, okay? I am way too clumsy to make that one work!

I tried! But couldn't make it work either xD

Looking great! (Ok, what do I know? but still!)

Haha thanks! If it looks easy then it's getting somewhere.

Like your plan for progression, even if at some point it slows down a bit.

Do you track calories? I'm trying to estimate how many calories the swing and TGU burn. The MFP calculator says 15 minutes of TGUs is 46 calories, which seems super low to me.

Actually that does seem about right, unfortunately. The problem is exercise in general just doesn't take as many calories as we'd all like, and also TGU's are more of a strength/coordination move which simply burn less than higher intensity stuff does.

Alright, reporting on the rest of my week! 

Thursday was kettlebell work followed by ring training, I did;

- 10kg snatch, 2 minutes each arm @16rpm

- 20kg one arm clean&jerk, 40sec work, 20sec rest x10

- german hang, 4 sets of 3

- muscle up progressions, 8x2 (sounds cool, but it's the very first progression)

On Friday I had 2 training sessions. The first was handstand practice, freestanding work. And really just brain training. "No you're not gonna die." I've done this before in the summer outside, but haven't had a chance all fall/winter. Fortunately we got an old gymnastics mat thingy to practice on now! It was only 40 bucks :)

The second one was again kettlebells;

- 10kg snatch, 2 minutes each arm @16rpm

- 16kg snatch, 40sec/20sec work/rest, first 3 sets on right arm, then 3 sets on left. Wished to do more but stopped because my forearms were burning. 

Saturday was a no-gym day so I went for a bike ride. I got a really nice bike as a 5th year anniversary gift from my bf in november :) My plan is to do some endurance work with it so I don't always have to go running, super yay.

I was out riding for 95 minutes, no clue about the distance.

Sunday was a rest day, but I did get to torture other people in kettlebell class <3

• Like 3

So you had a great first week! Did you manage to do some freestanding handstands then? I remember the video from outside very well :) 

And yay for torturing people in class! :D

Noooo, I didn't! I'm still at the stage where I need to convince myself to go up high enough. But I did manage to push hard enough a couple of times and re-learn how to bail. And I learned how to kick up with 2 feet at the same time while hands are standing on the ground already.

Next on my list of things to learn is a roll out of a handstand. I've managed to do it with a spotter, but can't convince my brain to try without yet.

Great first week!  Getting comfortable with the bail outs and roll outs will go a long way toward making you comfortable enough to kick up into a freestanding handstand.  I'm impressed that you can do the frogger kick ups (both hands starting on the ground, and both legs kicking together).  I still can't even come close with those.

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2