Brain training is the most important thing, really. ;)

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Yeah I second raptron! Brain training is super important. And the reason I don't even train handstands anymore I kind of pussied out :P But it is a project I'll take up again someday! By that time you can surely do it amazingly and you can help me haha yay

Whoohoo for scary handstands! You'll get there!

And muscle up progressions DO sound cool, it's awesome that you're working towards them.

I'm not really working towards them though, that will take years.. but i'm just training my shoulders using those progressions :)

Great first week!  Getting comfortable with the bail outs and roll outs will go a long way toward making you comfortable enough to kick up into a freestanding handstand.  I'm impressed that you can do the frogger kick ups (both hands starting on the ground, and both legs kicking together).  I still can't even come close with those.

Actually strength wise you should be able to do them.. it's probably shoulder mobility holding you back?

I'm impressed too! It feels like they should be fairly easy but they're really not.

Glad you had fun torturing your students. :tongue:

I always have fun torturing them :D They sometimes ask me what we'll do and they know to get scared when I smile xD

Brain training is the most important thing, really. ;)

It really is! I've been spoiled with spotters.

Yeah I second raptron! Brain training is super important. And the reason I don't even train handstands anymore I kind of pussied out :tongue: But it is a project I'll take up again someday! By that time you can surely do it amazingly and you can help me haha yay

Haha who knows. My boyfriend is good with teaching that stuff.

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: It's all future KB Girl's problem

my instagram - my gym's instagram

You can do a crow to headstand right? That seems like enough strength to me. So I think it's probably coordination. Have you ever done it with a spotter? That might just make your coordination better simply because it's one thing less to worry about.

Well I used to... I seem to be struggling with the balances lately. I have tried it with a spotter but it was a really long time ago, at which point I probably didn't have the strength. Since then I've only tried it unsuccessfully against the wall. Freestanding I can't even get close, but that's more of a fear issue I think. I could also do with some brain training. :)

Hah, that is awesome! 

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

I wish I could be tortured by you in a KB class. :playful:  Funny with the handstand, how your brain forgets that it really is alright to be upside down. Looks like great progess on the handstand.

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Well I used to... I seem to be struggling with the balances lately. I have tried it with a spotter but it was a really long time ago, at which point I probably didn't have the strength. Since then I've only tried it unsuccessfully against the wall. Freestanding I can't even get close, but that's more of a fear issue I think. I could also do with some brain training. :)

Can't we all :) I definitely can't do it free standing because of the brain, but also because I hardly have a good idea of where my legs are going.

Hah, that is awesome! 

:o thanks!

your handstand video looked great. You've progressed from last year.

Maybe you're right :) I didn't actually do any work though.

I wish I could be tortured by you in a KB class. :playful:  Funny with the handstand, how your brain forgets that it really is alright to be upside down. Looks like great progess on the handstand.

Wish I could torture you in my class <3 

And haha, my brain is fine with being upside down, it's the eventual having to crash back down that bothers it xD

Did my kettlebell lineair progressions a day early, so monday was; 

- 10kg snatch, 2 mins each hand @18rpm

- 12kg snatch, 2 mins each hand also @18rpm (this one killed my grip, so I took a backsquat break)

- backsquats 5x15kg, 5x35kg, 3x45kg, 3x52,5kg, 5x58,5kg

- 16kg snatch 1:20 mins each hand @16rpm

- 24kg snatch 12 reps each hand 

- lots of hamstring stretches inspired by madhatter and my boyfriend (he had some torture ideas too)

- finished with some handstands

Tuesday was a fun day because I had some guys from another gym come over who are really good with kettlebells, we had fun training together and giving each other some tips and tricks. One of them is actually really good at yoga and is flexible as hell... he seriously bend himself in half and did some splits and stuff as a cooldown. Mind blown.

What we did; 

- intense warmup

- 2x16kg longcycle for 1 minute, 2 min break then

- 2x14kg longcycle for 2 minutes, 2 min break then

- 2x12kg longcycle for 3 minutes, 5 min break then

- 2x16kg longcycle for 1 minute, 2 min break then

- 2x14kg longcycle for 2 minutes, 2 min break then

- 2x12kg longcycle for 3 minutes

We have a small but very dedicated group of powerlifters at our gym and they spotted and videod my last set of backsquats.. thought I might aswell share. I have a pretty serious issue with the hip mobility and trunk stability that becomes more obvious the heavier it gets xD 

I mean, I don't have a super trained eye, but I don't really see any hip mobility issues with your squats. I see the trunk stability issues and have some of the same ones myself. :)

Are there many other KB guys near you or is this a rare occurrence? You guys should invade their gym next time. :D

Raptron, alot assassin

Wow how heavy was that? Looks heavier than what I do! :) I don't see anything wrong with your trunk (trunk trunk trunk is a funny word no?) so that goes to show I am not that knowledgable about form. Good thing I'm posting a video of my squat in my thread (as soon as my boyfriend tells me the password argh) because I would love to know what you guys think! 

Anyway I like how deep you go in your squat :) 

I mean, I don't have a super trained eye, but I don't really see any hip mobility issues with your squats. I see the trunk stability issues and have some of the same ones myself. :)

Are there many other KB guys near you or is this a rare occurrence? You guys should invade their gym next time. :D

Well, I think it's mobility... my butt should stay in between my knees, but since it doesn't and I can't seem to force it too, there is extra load on my trunk and it can't really handle it.. But I think that if I could get my butt/hips to actually stay in their proper place then I wouldn't have this problem. Who knows! 

There was only one other kettlebellsport gym in the Netherlands (theirs), and yea- we do visit each other occasionally. But more seem to be popping up! I know of two other guys looking for space. Should be good. Growth \o/

Haha yes, gym invasion!

Kettlebellsport invasion! \o/

Wow how heavy was that? Looks heavier than what I do! :) I don't see anything wrong with your trunk (trunk trunk trunk is a funny word no?) so that goes to show I am not that knowledgable about form. Good thing I'm posting a video of my squat in my thread (as soon as my boyfriend tells me the password argh) because I would love to know what you guys think! 

Anyway I like how deep you go in your squat :)

it's 58,5kg, and of course i've been doing this a little while longer ;) But don't worry, you'll catch up in no time. 

Yes trunk is a funny word. It reminds me of Trunks from DBZ!

I think your hip mobility looks very good too. The squat just looks very wobbly. And now I'm out of the discussion as I know next to nothing about squats. ;)

Maaaaaybe. I'm not saying it's bad! I just can't get my hips to stay in between my knees like they bloody should.

Maaaaybe! it does sound an awful lot like work ;)

Short update. Wednesday was my planned restday. 

Thursday I had planned a bike ride in the morning and kb's in the evening, but during my ride I was switching songs with my right hand when I had to suddenly hit the brakes. Breaking with only the left is generally a very bad idea. I did a little nose dive. No worries, i'm mostly okay, just had a bleeding hand and left knee. Also my right shoulder is complaining a bit, especially when i try to lift my arm. So I decided to skip the kettlebells. I'm not sure yet about today, it still hurts but I might just ignore that (sometimes movement is good).

• Like 1

Maaaaybe! it does sound an awful lot like work ;)

Short update. Wednesday was my planned restday. 

Thursday I had planned a bike ride in the morning and kb's in the evening, but during my ride I was switching songs with my right hand when I had to suddenly hit the brakes. Breaking with only the left is generally a very bad idea. I did a little nose dive. No worries, i'm mostly okay, just had a bleeding hand and left knee. Also my right shoulder is complaining a bit, especially when i try to lift my arm. So I decided to skip the kettlebells. I'm not sure yet about today, it still hurts but I might just ignore that (sometimes movement is good).

Hope you are okay and will get better rapidly. Smart of you to skip kb. For me movement does help recovery to stimulate blood flow. So does applying heat or cycles of heat and cold (still to stimulate blood flow to bring nutrients and stuff to the area). If you decide to go with kb, careful with the weight and strain !

New Recruit | Level: 0 | BattleLog | Fitocracy

Long term goal : achieving the "simple" (32kg kettlebell) goal from Simple & Sinister. Started at 9kg, finished the 12kg, currently working on the 20kg, 4 KB size to go! 

30%
30%

Oh no! Glad you are mostly okay other than some superficial wounds! Hope the shoulder twinge gets the heck out of there so you can get back to work. ;)

Raptron, alot assassin

Hope that shoulder feels better soon!

What is this third world squat y'all keep talking about? I mean, I get the idea of it, I think, to be able to squat down and just chill in that position, with your feet fully on the ground. But how would you do that with a kettlebell? Or a weight of any kind?

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Omg you got attacked by your bike it bucked you off!

Obax I suppose put arms to the front hold weight between your legs? Not sure how that would work exactly but the image in my head is funny