Well, here I am again. A little blurb for those who don't know me: I'm a stay-at-home-mom who really needs to lose some weight. I think this will be my 4th challenge, but I've rarely finished for various reasons. Last challenge I stayed out, opting to do a Battle Log instead, but I didn't even stick with that.

But I really need to change. I need to lose this weight, not only to feel better, but so I can be there for my little girl. I want to be able to keep up with her never-ending energy. 

While listening to Pandora, this song came on, and it was part of the reason that inspired me to do a challenge this time around (as well as some pushing from Teros. ;) )I've heard it before, but this time, it resonated with me for different reasons than it has before. Lately, I've been struggling with depression a lot. I've had to force myself to get out of bed, and even then, I normally stayed on or near the couch.  A couple of weeks ago, I actually got to the point of suicidal thoughts and almost reverted back to cutting. I'm still struggling, but I can see the light outside of the cave. 

So, I'm going to attempt to keep things simple this challenge to help me get back up on my feet. I'll be focusing on creating habits that I can stick with and that will help me achieve my weight loss goal. 

My Main Goal is to get down to 130 pounds, which is about 80 or so pounds. Of course I'm not going to lose all that in one challenge period, but at least I can get a start.

To achieve this goal I need to:

• Log all the foodz! Normally when I log food, I just get "close enough" or I give up halfway through the day because I decided to scarf down an entired frozen pizza or something. Not any more. I need to get back into the habit of food logging and log everything.
  • Exercise. Last November I joined a gym and I haven't been very consistant about going. I enjoy being there, but getting there is the battle. So, I need to get to the gym at least 3 days a week, though I'm going to try and start going 5, but only 3 are neccesary to pass. I'm also going to start measuring how much I walk in a day, as on another forum we're starting the Walk to Mordor challenge.
  • No Soda. My husband has to have soda in the house, so it's a huge temptation. I have gotten better about drinking more water, but I really need to cut this sugar demon out. My goal is to have 3 or less sodas the entire challenge.

I do have a Life Goal of becoming a better housewife. I really suck at doing chores and the like. There's some sort of mental block going on there that I'm struggling to get over. I have a few simple steps that I can take to start going in the right direction.

• Get some clothes on. One bad habit of being a SAHM is not getting dressed some days. It's way too easy to just stay in your PJs when you don't have anywhere to go. So, I need to start getting me and my DD dressed when we get up. 
  • Simple chores done every day husband works. I recently read somewhere about a mindset that another SAHM started to take, and that was "If my husband is working, than I need to be working". That doesn't mean that you need to thoroughly clean the house everyday, but I need to be spending less time on the computer and other things that aren't completely productive. Here are some simple things that I need to get done every day DH is at work:
    • Wash dishes
    • Have DD pick up toys at end of the day
    • Clean up after cooking
    • Make sure most (if not all) my stuff is picked up​

I'm still working on a grading scale for everything. As for the point system, I'm going to take a page out of our guild leader's book and just divvy them out as I think I earned at the end of the challenge. Will be less stressful at the start, and at the end I can accurately gauge which stats went up. :)

Come Monday, I'll post my starting stats and all that jazz. Just gotta survive the weekend first.  :nightmare:

• Like 6

Kareesh

Halfling | Rebel

[Level: 1]

Current Challenge

I had the "not getting out of PJ's" issue many days when I was a SAHM...consider it a job hazard...I couldn't even blame the computer/internet because only had one for two out of seven years (this was obviously a very long time ago ;))

Log all the foodz...yes, I hate admitting when I've eaten a pint of moose tracks ice cream...or homemade red velvet cake (from work) that I had to try because one of my employees has the most adorable puppy dog eyes and loves to bake and blossoms when someone complements his skills, but it's needed to do it then more than any other time! :D Because I'm only cheating myself if I don't...

long winded way to say "subbed" ;)

• Like 2

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 - is consistent

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Eee! I gots me a Doctor watching me! Gotta be on my best behavior. ;)

I had the "not getting out of PJ's" issue many days when I was a SAHM...consider it a job hazard...I couldn't even blame the computer/internet because only had one for two out of seven years (this was obviously a very long time ago ;))

Log all the foodz...yes, I hate admitting when I've eaten a pint of moose tracks ice cream...or homemade red velvet cake (from work) that I had to try because one of my employees has the most adorable puppy dog eyes and loves to bake and blossoms when someone complements his skills, but it's needed to do it then more than any other time! :D Because I'm only cheating myself if I don't...

long winded way to say "subbed" ;)

It's not even really the internet most of the time. Just...I dunno. Jammies are waaaay more comfortable. :P

I'm hoping that when I have to report here about what I eat, then I'll think more carefully about my snacking choices. 

Yippie, A new challenge thread!

Following along since you have always been supportive of my efforts.

Of course, m'dear. Glad to have you along. :)

Kareesh, lets kill it this time, yah? :D We got this.

PS. I enjoyed that song :)

lets+do+this.gif

Totally milking this day before I get more strict with my eating tomorrow. Today was my daughter's birthday party and yummy....Will try and get some pictures on here sometime as it was a pretty awesome Batman-themed party. :)

• Like 4

Kareesh

Halfling | Rebel

Current Challenge

subbed.

no soda will help a ton. i'm glad i gave it up.

you should check out the no soda pvp shadowlion started(in my sig) it helped me a lot.

• Like 1

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

My husband helped me get my stats this morning. So, here they are. Will update the first post with them and my grading scale tonight.

Starting Weight

Neck

Chest

Arm

Waist

Navel

Hip

Thigh

Really not happy with my starting weight, but that's just the start, right? I'll be weighing in once a week and doing measurements once a month, so hoping to see some progress on these. 

Now, I gotta run and clean the apartment while DH has DD. :)

• Like 2

Kareesh

Halfling | Rebel

Current Challenge

My husband helped me get my stats this morning.

Well that's the first time I heard it called that! lol

On a serious note, smart move getting a baseline to compare yourself too as the days/weeks go by, really wish I had something similar other than my starting weight.

• Like 1

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

I'm a wife without being a mother, and there is one observation about "work when hubby works."  Our household works better when I work on the weekend and take my day off when he's working.  (Less cooking during the week, less dishes piling up.)  The child might make a different dynamic where he can take over during the weekend.

• Like 1

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

I'm a wife without being a mother, and there is one observation about "work when hubby works."  Our household works better when I work on the weekend and take my day off when he's working.  (Less cooking during the week, less dishes piling up.)  The child might make a different dynamic where he can take over during the weekend.

He only gets one day off work a week, so there really wouldn't be a lot of time for me to do my work. I'm pretty lazy naturally, so I have a hard time keeping the house tidy. I know it's not going to be perfect, but I know it really stresses him out for him to come home from working all day to a house which looks like I haven't done anything all day. We've had many arguments about it and have been working to figure out something that works for everyone. 

Well, that was a sucky way to start. DH was off work, so he took DD so I could clean up the apartment. I was starting to, and I was also going to do laundry as well (Monday is my normal laundry day). Put my first load in the dryer and let it go. Came back about an hour later and the dryer was done (so I thought) yet my clothes were still soaking wet. They felt a bit warm, so I thought maybe the heavy towel made them not dry as well. So I put another round of quarters in and started it. Wandered back to my apartment and then saw I forgot something. Went back and the dryer was off. Tried starting it again and it just buzzed at me, even though the light for "In Use" was on.

Tried everything to get it started again, so finally I decided to call our office. Couldn't find my phone and it took me 30 minutes to find it. I was stressed and frazzled and just not in a good mood. Finally found my phone, called the office, and they told me that one of their employees lived in the same building as me (which I already knew) and the dryer stopped working for him last week. They said they already called the laundry people and that happened last Tuesday. Yeah, well, apparently they haven't been out yet, and I just wasted $2.50 for the dryer not to dry my clothes, and now I have 2 loads of laundry which are soaking wet, which also happens to contain my husband's work shirt which he needs. Ugh!

Several other things happened which stressed me out and just put me in the wrong mood. I ended up stopped at McDonald's to get my first meal of the day (around 7pm). Which, of course, they got my order wrong. Got a Diet Dr. Pepper, so that's better than regular soda, right? (At least that's what I told myself at the time). DH mentioned something about pancakes to DD, so she insisted they make pancakes for supper. I had half of a large one, so that put me over my calories for the day, but I logged everything I had.

Tldr: Stressful day and I didn't eat well the first day. Here's my summary in regards to the challenge.

Log All the Foodz!

Yup. Logged everything, even if it wasn't that super great.

Exercise

It probably would have been good for me to go to the gym, but I didn't. Once I came back home, I just didn't want to do anything.

No Soda

Yeah….had a medium diet soda from Mickey D's.

Clothes On

Of sorts. I was wearing sweatpants for most of the day because I was trying to do laundry and all my other pants are dirty.

Simple Chores

I did a load of dishes, didn't have DD pick up (as she wasn't home most of the day), I didn't cook, and I did pick up quite a bit of my stuff.  So…I'd say 75% of it was done today.

• Like 4

Kareesh

Halfling | Rebel

Current Challenge

Everybody has a rough and razzled day once in a while, the important this is not to dwell on it nor let it get you down.

Build on the strengths that you did make (food log and being honest about it) today and make tomorrow a better one.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Ask, and ye shall find yourself another follower. Lo and but I shall not talk much, for the role of creepy stalker has been thrust upon me.

I like your goals. My wife has similar issues with staying at home, and she isn't even a mum yet. She suffers from depression on and off (nowhere near as bad as it used to be) and I can always tell when it's getting worse by the state of cleanliness the house gets to. Not sure if not cleaning the house is a symptom or a possible cause of depression though, because just being a little house proud is sometimes enough to break her out of the cycle. Anyway, I'm following along now specifically because of this so, yeah, don't feel weird or anything when I know exactly how you're doing but never say anything to you...

• Like 1

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses

I like your goals. My wife has similar issues with staying at home, and she isn't even a mum yet. She suffers from depression on and off (nowhere near as bad as it used to be) and I can always tell when it's getting worse by the state of cleanliness the house gets to. Not sure if not cleaning the house is a symptom or a possible cause of depression though, because just being a little house proud is sometimes enough to break her out of the cycle. Anyway, I'm following along now specifically because of this so, yeah, don't feel weird or anything when I know exactly how you're doing but never say anything to you...

The Marine? Is that you? Because you just described me. Levels of depression are directly correlated to home cleanliness. 

The Marine? Is that you? Because you just described me. Levels of depression are directly correlated to home cleanliness.

marine I am not. Plus I'm Australian...

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses

Quick update as I'm dragging a bit. Today was a bit better. Still a bit frazzled, but nothing like yesterday. I think I may need to start doing meditation in the morning (which also means getting up before DD)

Log All the Foodz

Yup. And I managed to stay close to my limits today. Still wasn't the greatest food choices, but I resisted quite a bit of temptation, so I'm calling that a win. Also, I still need to get to the grocery store. *sighs*

Exercise

Today was my day off, though I had thought about going, but lack o' clothes sort of stopped that from happening.

No Soda

I had a craving, but I held off. Woo!

Clothes On

My hubby forgot to pick the clothes up from my mother-in-law's house, so I don't have any clean clothes here that I can really wear besides sweat pants and other stuff like that so....no I didn't, but at the same time, it wasn't because I was being lazy.

Simple Chores

Didn't clean up as much as I would have liked to, but I got all the simple chores done for the challenge. :)

Ask, and ye shall find yourself another follower. Lo and but I shall not talk much, for the role of creepy stalker has been thrust upon me.

Yeah, I suffer from bouts of depression. You can tell when I find it hard to even get out of bed as the apartment looks like something exploded in it or something. For me, I think it's a symptom as I tend to "nest". I like my piles around me and it doesn't really bother me as much as it bothers my husband. I have relatives who are hoarders and I think I inherited some of those traits. 

Kareesh

Halfling | Rebel

Current Challenge

I used to be a stay at home mom and i miss it! Especially on days like today when school is closed due to snow! I could be building a snowman instead of working :( Oh well! 

I am also tracking my food this challenge, I am using FatSecret. And I am also starting the Walk to Mordor, can you direct me to the forum you mentioned? I have found different spreadsheets to track progress but I am not sure how current they are. I want to find others that are currently doing it as well. :)

Rising Heroes Faction: HAVIK 

Fitbit | Art Page | Instagram

My last suggestion was only sound for a certain type of life.  Sorry.

Sounds like you have some steep challenges between you and your goals.  Laundry problem is a very valid excuse... just wash what you need to absolutely and hang it in the shower.  Perhaps you should treat yourself to "day" pants where they don't get washed very often, but they aren't "lounge" pants.  (I had a pair of jeans that I couldn't wear outside, but they weren't sleeping clothes either.) 

Smauge liked to nap among his possessions.  Are you Smauge?

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

Staying within calorie limits is tough sometimes, I had a couple handfuls of almonds last night and all of a sudden I'm 600 calories over budget. Saying that, I think what kinds of foods you're eating is more important than how much you eat.

Good job staying away from the soda, I'm glad I don't have that addiction, I see so many people struggling with this one.

Any work on the dryer getting fixed?

Have you thought of breaking your cleaning up into room sections? Looking at a huge effort can defeat you before you even start, but if you break it down I find it easier and it's less daunting.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

following you - I like your goals and I know you can do this.   I'll be back later with my incoherent thoughts and commentary.  :)

• Like 1

Liser Frenche

Level 1 - STR : 1.3 | DEX : 1.5 | STA : 1.5 | CON : 1.5 | WIS : 0 | CHA : 0

Current Challenge  /Battle Log I   

Previous challenges:

1I  2  3 Epic Respawn

MFP username: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/liserfrenche

"Strive for Progress, Not Perfection"

I used to be a stay at home mom and i miss it! Especially on days like today when school is closed due to snow! I could be building a snowman instead of working :( Oh well! 

I am also tracking my food this challenge, I am using FatSecret. And I am also starting the Walk to Mordor, can you direct me to the forum you mentioned? I have found different spreadsheets to track progress but I am not sure how current they are. I want to find others that are currently doing it as well. :)

The forum I'm on is Sprite Stitch. Pretty much a place for people who love crafts and nerdy things. My username is the same over there as well. I think we're actually getting started doing the walk on March 1, but you can at least check out what we have so far for the spreadsheet. :)

My last suggestion was only sound for a certain type of life.  Sorry.

Sounds like you have some steep challenges between you and your goals.  Laundry problem is a very valid excuse... just wash what you need to absolutely and hang it in the shower.  Perhaps you should treat yourself to "day" pants where they don't get washed very often, but they aren't "lounge" pants.  (I had a pair of jeans that I couldn't wear outside, but they weren't sleeping clothes either.) 

Smauge liked to nap among his possessions.  Are you Smauge?

Totally fine. I'm all for people sharing suggestions. :)

As for Smaug....I'm not saying I am, but nobody's actually seen us together, have they? ;)

Staying within calorie limits is tough sometimes, I had a couple handfuls of almonds last night and all of a sudden I'm 600 calories over budget. Saying that, I think what kinds of foods you're eating is more important than how much you eat.

Good job staying away from the soda, I'm glad I don't have that addiction, I see so many people struggling with this one.

Any work on the dryer getting fixed?

Have you thought of breaking your cleaning up into room sections? Looking at a huge effort can defeat you before you even start, but if you break it down I find it easier and it's less daunting.

I agree with the foods. Sadly, I'm not really eating that great of food right now either. At least counting the calories keeps the portion control in check and makes me think more about what I'm eating.

• Like 1

Kareesh

Halfling | Rebel

Current Challenge

Just now started following. I am tracking my food too and trying to stay in a certain calorie range. My first six weeks of tracking was just about tracking and not worrying about how much I was eating, the calorie count didn't matter. Because I wasn't focused on how many calories I was eating I was just kind of paying attention to the numbers I was seeing every day. I started noticing a trend in my eating and it was kind of insightful. I think if I had been concerned about how many calories I was eating I would have missed seeing the other information because my focus would have been on something else. Now for this challenge, it's not one of my main goals but I'm still tracking and now I'm trying to create a deficit from what I was eating when I was eating the way I "normally eat." I think another reason I was so successful with the tracking (this is the first time in my life I've been successful at it and I'm 51 years old) is because I placed no judgement on what I was eating. Nothing was deemed good or bad, simply put, all food had calories and I tracked them, end of story. I guess that took a lot of the pressure off of me.

About the getting dressed thing, I'll admit, if I was a stay at home mom I would have sucked at it. Our house would have been messier and lots of things wouldn't have gotten done and I wouldn't have gotten out of my workout clothes into the shower until 6:00pm at night (I workout first thing in the morning). I find that when I don't have a schedule I have to follow because of only having a limited amount of time to get things done like I did when I worked then I would always have the attitude "Oh I can do that later," and sometimes later never came. Yikes! Do you think it would help you if you would lay out your clothes for the next day the night before? That way it is there in plain sight when you get up.

I have a "cleaning poster" to share but I can't figure out how to insert a photo. Can someone explain how to do that....I'm not a real nerd like most of you, but I'm not a complete dummy when it comes to technology. I teach an online class and I use all sorts of technology in it, but I couldn't figure out how to put a picture in this area :numbness:

• Like 2

Class/Profession: Hobbit/Ranger - Level 4

Current Attributes: STR: 2, DEX: 3.5, STA: 8.5, CON: 8.5, WIS: 11.5, CHA: 4

Habits I'm Working On: #1, #2

Previous Challenges: #1, #2, #3.1(fail), #3.2

Quote: "If we did all the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves." Thomas A. Edison

Following you back. Which food log app do you use? If you happen to use myfitnesspal you can friend me on there was well I think I'm lilangie9584. I suffer from depression too but mine is called dysthymia. It's understandable. 

Level 7 Hobbit Scout
STR: 9.2 | DEX: 7.2 | CON: 14 | STA: 15.15 | WIS: 16.7 | CHA: 12.7

I've been all over the world. Except Asia, Africa, and South America. - Coach McGuirk
My Bio My Blog Current Challenge