Laodamaren's journey to Natasha Romanoff-esque greatness

laodamaren

I'm super tired right now, so I'll just make a really quick summary, and tomorrow I'll finish it off!

MAIN QUEST

- To lose weight and fit in my prom dress by April 25

SIDE QUESTS

- successfully do a complete pull-up

- run a 10k in under 60 minutes

- do yoga everyday, even if it's just for 5 minutes

- 3 strength trainings/week

LIFE QUESTS

- To finally paint and redecorate my hobby room

Okay okay so I waas having a bath earlier today and I was thinking about how I'd take on this challenge and I got it all perfectly worked out!

Here goes:

Laodamaren's 6-week challenge rules

• 1400 kcal limit (little more than my BMR) , this goes for all days, whether severely active or not
  • I will try intermittent fasting for the very first time. However, if it makes me feel bad, I will stop doing it.
  • My workout schedule looks somewhat like this:
    M: bodyweight training (I use NF bodyweight workout level 4 of the academy)
    T: Active rest day: yoga class
    W: Running: intervals
    T: Strength: lifting day!! (squats, deadlifts, bench, all of it, me likeeey)
    F: running: intervals
    S: HIIT and bodyweight training curcuits
    S: long distance run + arm and abs day

I usually don't run this much, as I'm more a bodyweight training kind of person (with a passionate secret affair with lifting weights), but I'm currently training for the Antwerp 10 miles run on April 26 and I want to have a decent time ;)
  • I do not eat any gluten, refined sugar (or artificial) or dairy, with an exception for sheep yoghurt in the morning cause there's no other way I can reach my protein goal.
  • MY carbohydrate intake looks like this
    M: normal - 75g
    T: low - 50g
    W: normal -75g
    T: low - 50g
    F: normal: 75g
    S: normal: 75g
    S: high -100g

Tbh, I'm not so sure whether this is a correct view of the low/high carb intake, so I'd be very pleased if someone could help me with this?
  • Daily protein goal is around 90g, which is quite an accomplishment for me.
  • I have a daily yoga practice of  10 mins before I go to bed (been doing it for a week now, trying to make it a habit) and as soon as I wake up i do one set of push-ups AMRAP cause that wakes me up!
  • Will try to minimise dried fruits, although that shit is delicious!! Also trying to minimise legumes, but I'm not obsessing about them!

For the record, Natasha Romanoff/black widow is my greatest motivation, as she's such a badass woman and I'd love to be like her! My friends say I've already got her red hair and bitchy face, hah!

Looking forward to starting!!

• Like 4

Losing 10 kilograms

8%
8%

100 consecutive push-ups goal

25%
25%

If you are not willing to look stupid, nothing great is ever going to happen to you!

Looking forward to hearing more, after you get some rest!

sleepypuppy.gif

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Looking forward to hearing more, after you get some rest!

sleepypuppy.gif

awwww that's too cute!! I edited it, hope this is somewhat okay-ish, but I'm doing my best :D

• Like 1

Losing 10 kilograms

8%
8%

25%
25%

If you are not willing to look stupid, nothing great is ever going to happen to you!

Oh yea, there'll be a few obstacles on the way during this challenge.

First one: March 1 is my birthday. I'm turning 18 and there's going to be a pizza party the night before, a brunch in the morning and a high-tea in the afternoon! I feel like I'm gonna be screwed, but I mean salmon and avocado sounds like high-tea food, no? Difficult! However, I will allow myself a glass of wine/champagne because you don't turn 18 every dya, right?

Second one: I'll be going on a 2-week trip to Italy with school (italy = carb country, pizza pasta panini tiramisu gelati EVERYWHERE); and since it's a school trip, food will be cheap and probably not healthy. However, I have asked whether it is possible to get gluten and dairy free dinners, and I will ask if it's possible to workout in the morning outside, before breakfast. I hope it is, because 2 weeks is a looooong time...

As long as I apply the ''never miss two in a row'' rule, I think I'll be fine.

• Like 1

Losing 10 kilograms

8%
8%

25%
25%

Hey, do your best during the trip ..... and ENJOY your birthday.  In the long run, it doesn't matter that much. 

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

And here's a list of my ''trigger foods'', once I have some of it, I simply cannot stop! So I will do my very best not to eat any of them during this 6-week challenge, to prove to myself that I CAN live without them :miserable:

1. peanut butter (I swear to all the Northern Gods this is so so bad) - almond butter instead maybe?
  2. bread - nope, ''just one slice'' doesn't work for me
  3. Nutella - for real though, who doesn't love it?
  4. my home-made paleo granola - IM NOT GOING TO MAKE IT, I SWEAR *eats last crumbs and starts crying*
  5. dried fruits, especially prunes
  6. chocolate - okay that's a classic though.

I think that's about it! I'm pretty lucky I've never ever drunk soda before and I'm not a huge cookie/cake, pizza or pasta fan (I haven't eaten pasta in over a year!! #achievement), and I find deep-fried food or creamy food disgusting :P Yay for making it somewhat easier? :redface-new:

Losing 10 kilograms

8%
8%

25%
25%

There are some things its good to quit and lose the taste for but that is one hefty list, you have a real battle on your hands - maybe you could try and take one down per week, in a methodic Assassin style. 1400 calories is also low sounding, and 90g protein pretty high for that low a food goal, so please don't quit if you find it a struggle, that would be a struggle for anyone I think!

Let me know if you want to tag team any of the food baddies. I think I could give up peanut butter for the rest of the challenge, the rest I'm not sure about!!!

Keep us updated y'hear!

| STR 15 | DEX 14 | STA 14 | CON 10.5 | WIS 11 | CHA 7 | Level 5

Ocelot's Dossier - Battle Log | Springing into my Sixth Challenge!

Woah, I had a really rough last few weeks (family matters), I didn't even bother to check the forums anymore... This kinda sucks.  A lot. For real. I'll do what I still can, I guess?

Losing 10 kilograms

8%
8%

25%
25%

Hey, it's completely understandable that you've been busy with family/school/life and haven't checked in on NF. Remember that Rome wasn't built in a day; little by little one walks far. Good luck on your quest!

"Don't trade what you want most of all for what you want in the moment."