Netzzolo Makes Something New

netzzolo

Hi Nerd Fittness!!!!!

(imagine that coming from some big screen voice)

tumblr_melcuktpNp1ro2d43.gif

I am Annette a rock climber, tinkerer, and food maker.

When I am not doing those things I like to read and play board games.

tumblr_mjk282PJQ81rfewylo1_500.gif

Well lets get this next challenge all lined up.

Over the next 6 weeks I am going for the make, do, learn approach. So here it goes!

Quest 1: Make a Plush Team

The_Avengers_Yo.gif

So far I have made a Thor and Iron Man amigurumi,

IMG_0790_zps88e24852.jpg

I think it is time to finish the team!

Captain America

Hulk

Hawkeye

Black Widow

Loki (because he looks cool)

A=Finish the team B=4 complete C=3 complete D=2 complete

Quest 2: Record Goodness Daily

tumblr_mphr3cdbmr1sxy1i4o1_500.gif

It's important to remember that something good happens everyday no matter how small.

Everyday for the next 6 weeks I will record 1 good thing that has happened each day on a white board in my room (so I can see it every day!)

After the challenge I will put a photo of the board in my wrap up.

A=everyday B= 2 misses C= 4 misses D= 6 misses

Quest 3: Leg Raises Progression

I really like all the progressions on Start Bodyweight so I am working through this one, eventually I want to get the Dragon Flag progression down.

This progression has a lot of variations so this might stretch out over a couple challenges, but lets see how far I can get!

To count a variation complete I have to be able to do 3 sets of 8 repetitions with 1-2 minutes rest in between.

A=6 variations completed B=5 variations completed C=4 variations completed D= 3 variations completed

Life Quest: Be Social, Don't Lurk

5J3afNz.gif

Last challenge I was not as social on the forums as I hoped to be. So this challenge I am aiming to post 5 times a week to any threads that are not my own. That is why we are here right? To support and encourage each other, and post gif's

A= 5 posts a week B= 4 posts a week C= 3 posts a week D= 2 posts a week

giphy.gif

Feel free to stop in and say hi :)

• Like 2

Level 3 Zoo Lion Assassin

Current Challenge

Past: 1 2   

Purpose, it's that little flame that lights a fire under your a$$ - Princeton, Avenue Q

To Rivendell!

10.5%
10.5%

Great to see you here in the Assassins' hideout!!  

I particularly like the "more social" goal!

And .... Loki ......  hell ya!!

76e109a099860525228f0bfec7a4011d.jpg

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

It's great seeing more rock climbers in the guild!  Welcome aboard!  I can't wait to see the pictures of your plush avengers.

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

It's great seeing more rock climbers in the guild!  Welcome aboard!  I can't wait to see the pictures of your plush avengers.

Photos up!

Yea rock climbing! We (the fiance and I) like it, hopefully we will get outside once or twice this year, but mostly we climb inside at the gym.

We are also looking at putting a training plan together but haven't gotten too far into it

Current Challenge

Purpose, it's that little flame that lights a fire under your a$$ - Princeton, Avenue Q

To Rivendell!

10.5%
10.5%

I am Annette a rock climber, tinkerer, and food maker.

The world needs more tinkerers! And rock climbers! Welcome to the assassin board...like Nymeria says it's cool to see more climbers here.

Your recording good things goal is awesome. Seeing that white board filled up is going to be great!

• Like 1

tinkerer
Level 14 Elven Blacksmith

current challenge - yearlong quest

14 13 12 11 10 9.1 9.0 8 7 6 5 4,2 4.1 4.0 3 2 1

Oh - those pics are great!!!  Where did you get the patterns?

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

Oh - those pics are great!!!  Where did you get the patterns?

For Thor I used this http://overthebifrost.tumblr.com/thorpatternfor Iron Man I used Thor as an idea and changed the colors, the mask was a pretty luckey guess :)

I am still not very good at hair but thats ok I still like them

• Like 1

Current Challenge

To Rivendell!

10.5%
10.5%

Ahh sorry for not having many posts here, I have been away from my computer all week, and I'm still figuring out this tapatalk thing. Anywho I had a lovely week in DC, I forget how nice it is to be able to walk everywhere. I wish I would have tracked how far I walked! 7hrs nonstop one day. Sigh I'm still recovering, but that's ok today I get to relax and work on the mini and I will probably get all the components done for Hulk so I can put him together Sunday when I get back to all my stuff. Well the sun is shining today so I'm gonna try and soak that up!

Does anyone have any good ideas on where to start for putting a training program for climbing together? I have heard a lot of good things about this book http://rockclimberstrainingmanual.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current Challenge

To Rivendell!

10.5%
10.5%

Does anyone have any good ideas on where to start for putting a training program for climbing together? I have heard a lot of good things about this book http://rockclimberstrainingmanual.com

I found "How to Climb 5.12" by Eric Horst very helpful for training. That being said, I did not follow the program he outlined as much as the general information provided. The book is focused on a "recreational" climber as opposed to a pro/sponsored climber. It's cool that the photos are all of people with "real jobs".

For mental training I really enjoyed "The Rock Warrior's Way" by Arno Ilgner. I believe that this book helped me to climb harder just by changing my mental approaches to a route. I also found it helpful in life beyond climbing.

The next book on my list is "Training for the New Alpinism" which seems to be more focused on mountaineering but I think it looks really cool.

If you try the Rock Climber's Training Manual please let us know what you think!

• Like 2

tinkerer
Level 14 Elven Blacksmith

current challenge - yearlong quest

14 13 12 11 10 9.1 9.0 8 7 6 5 4,2 4.1 4.0 3 2 1

Thanks @tinkerer I have heard about The Rock Warrior's Way, I'll have to check out the others. I feel like I'm hitting a huge plateau using the lets just go climb method, so I'm thinking its time to structure something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current Challenge

To Rivendell!

10.5%
10.5%

Heyyy so I know it feels like I have been MIA (at least to me) but I am here!

So this past week was a little crazy with only seeing my house for a few hours..

Any who I got a good amount of walking in, and at hotel 2 I got to add a few reps to the Mini!

I have also been cranking out the first few variations on the leg raise progression, but the hard part is coming I can feel it

I have been recording all of my good things in my phone since i have not been home but they will relocate to the board tonight! having the visual will be heplful

Finally I have almost finished the Hulk! I just need to give him some hair...Ill get a picture posted once i get his hair on

Onward and Forward!

I have some books to find about climbing :)

• Like 1

Current Challenge

To Rivendell!

10.5%
10.5%

W00t!!!!  Here's to hoping the books give you enough guidance to get over the plateau!!

Wall_Street_Crack.jpg

Some sort of Jedi .....

I found "How to Climb 5.12" by Eric Horst very helpful for training. That being said, I did not follow the program he outlined as much as the general information provided. The book is focused on a "recreational" climber as opposed to a pro/sponsored climber. It's cool that the photos are all of people with "real jobs".

For mental training I really enjoyed "The Rock Warrior's Way" by Arno Ilgner. I believe that this book helped me to climb harder just by changing my mental approaches to a route. I also found it helpful in life beyond climbing.

The next book on my list is "Training for the New Alpinism" which seems to be more focused on mountaineering but I think it looks really cool.

If you try the Rock Climber's Training Manual please let us know what you think!

Ooh excellent links, thank you both!

And hello from a fellow climber and forum lurker. :)

• Like 1

Level 3 Human Jedi Apprentice / Assassin

{ running, rock climbing, frisbee }

If You Give A Moose a Mountain

IMG_0863_zpscqlkkvkq.jpg

***Warning this is a photo heavy post***

Hi All!

I have been out in the wild for the past week so I have been trying not to be on the computer as much as possible.

So I had the opportunity to explore the Colorado foothills this past week, with some classroom activity squished in the middle.

First I got to hike around the Flat Irons in the snow, with bright blue sunny skies.

This is the first time out in Colorado that I have looked at the mountains and thought, I could climb that. Instead of I could ride that line.

Check out those views!

IMG_0838_zpsndfovxky.jpg

IMG_0840_zpspxze4sh8.jpg

IMG_0842_zpsy48zw4j9.jpg

Next up just class, it was not I expected from a fundamentals class but it was a good learning experience

Hiking day 2 was originally going to be to Garden of the Gods but we decided to stay local instead and hiked all over Red Rocks, I didn't take any pictures but I got a good one on the way to the airport in the morning.

See!

0a921c012fbe1195b46f555682c3d0b3.jpg

Next up to the mountains to ride some powder! The snow conditions varied greatly all over Copper Mountain and it was hot cold snowy and rainy sometime throughout the ski day, but we found some good power and got some great riding in.

IMG_0867_zpsknx77lls.jpg

IMG_0873_zpswxhzc5te.jpg

IMG_0871_zpsxek4tuaf.jpg

It amazes me that after 2 years off of my board I could just strap in and ride like it was yesterday.

Lastly spent some quality family time seeing people and getting some scheduling stuff figured out for 2015 (it is a CRAZY year)

IMG_0861_zpsowb4btps.jpg

Finished out the weekend with some Canvas and Cocktails. Have you guys done this yet?

Basic you go to a place they have paint and a wine bar and canvases and brushes and a really enthusiastic person who walks you through how to paint something.

Painting is NOT in my comfort zone unless it can be really abstract, but I think it turned out pretty good.

7bcb6537f68c75249b92814ac10f7a68.jpg

• Like 1

Current Challenge

To Rivendell!

10.5%
10.5%