Netzzolo Makes Something New

netzzolo

Looks like fantastic scenery. And a really awesome hat (helmet?)! Were you thinking of climbing the spires or some of the cool looking mountains behind you?

Hiking around the flat irons you could see chalk  where people had been bouldering before it snowed, I wish I had brought my shoes!

That just means I need to plan another trip out in the more summer months :joyous:

Also if anyone is looking for some cookbooks there is a ton on sale on amazon today, I think many of the titles are also available in the itunes store also!

Level 3 Zoo Lion Assassin

Current Challenge

Past: 1 2   

Purpose, it's that little flame that lights a fire under your a$$ - Princeton, Avenue Q

To Rivendell!

10.5%
10.5%

Great pics, the canvas and cocktails thing sounds INCREDIBLE tho, I wish that happened near me.

How are the leg raises?

Leg raises are going much better than my amiguruami I get stuck on the hair!

But I'm through forearm straight leg raises on the leg lift progression, next up is full toes to the bar! It will be a challenge .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Purpose, it's that little flame that lights a fire under your a$$ - Princeton, Avenue Q

To Rivendell!

10.5%
10.5%

What an AWESOME trip!!!!

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Coming soon .....

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

It's been a while since i gave an update, I'm not gonna lie I'm struggling a bit this challenge. (Assassins mini's have been by biggest motivators! thanks Batwoman and Stars!)

I was rocking out the leg lift progression but have stalled on that.. no good excuses I just haven't been doing it. there is still time to get back on track though!

the Amigurumi have not progressed beyond hulk with no hair :(

I WILL get another one done this week, (please ask about them so I don't forget!)

Social, :nightmare: I have had a hard time wanting to be social in real life! let alone be able to come up with motivating words for other people, most of the time the only response to people I can think of is, "that's awesome!" or "sounds like your doing great!"  or "Huh". I tend to be one of few words, so I like to say things rather than just make noise.

On a way better note, I have been writing down something good everyday! Its pretty awesome to look and see the board filling up! I much prefer to use the whiteboard instead of the notes app on the phone (like i had to while traveling)

A second good thing, it was super nice out this weekend I got to spend some quality time in the hammock with a book, soaking in the sun (the rock climbers training manual has sucked in my attention). I am fairly certain it has lifted my mood 1000%  MUST GET MORE SUN

Onward and Forward its Monday!

Current Challenge

To Rivendell!

10.5%
10.5%

Your trip looks like it was amazing!  I'm so jealous!  You absolutely need to return with climbing shoes, since so many things looked like fun to climb.

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Social, :nightmare: I have had a hard time wanting to be social in real life! let alone be able to come up with motivating words for other people, most of the time the only response to people I can think of is, "that's awesome!" or "sounds like your doing great!"  or "Huh". I tend to be one of few words, so I like to say things rather than just make noise.

I know how you feel on this item. Perhaps something to keep in mind is that whoever you are sending the note is going to be stoked to have another note on their thread, even if it doesn't exactly fit or is just a tangent and a funny story. Wish I could offer more but it's a struggle for me as well.

tinkerer
Level 14 Elven Blacksmith

current challenge - yearlong quest

14 13 12 11 10 9.1 9.0 8 7 6 5 4,2 4.1 4.0 3 2 1

In this spirit of the above :unsure: pretty mountains!

I'm sort of in the same boat with one of my challenge goals. It's taking a back seat to all sorts of other (cool and awesome) things, but I said I'd do it, so I think I'm going to feel better finishing than not finishing? Idk.

Level 3 Human Jedi Apprentice / Assassin

{ running, rock climbing, frisbee }

I know how you feel on this item. Perhaps something to keep in mind is that whoever you are sending the note is going to be stoked to have another note on their thread, even if it doesn't exactly fit or is just a tangent and a funny story. Wish I could offer more but it's a struggle for me as well.

That TOTALLY makes sense....

In this spirit of the above :unsure: pretty mountains!

I'm sort of in the same boat with one of my challenge goals. It's taking a back seat to all sorts of other (cool and awesome) things, but I said I'd do it, so I think I'm going to feel better finishing than not finishing? Idk.

Agreed, I am sticking with this rather than bailing out. I might not accomplish all of my goals (or get all A's or however people are quantifying their 6 week progress) but I like having goals here to remind me to do things. And I like checking in and seeing what other people are doing.

Current Challenge

To Rivendell!

10.5%
10.5%

Agreed, I am sticking with this rather than bailing out. I might not accomplish all of my goals (or get all A's or however people are quantifying their 6 week progress) but I like having goals here to remind me to do things. And I like checking in and seeing what other people are doing.

I really enjoy the goals as well. It's crazy to me that they instill such a sense of commitment but I accomplish a lot (whether I fully achieve the goal or not) that I feel would otherwise not happen.

Speaking of checking in, how is "Hulk with No Hair?"

tinkerer

Hey Everyone,

Some updates

Hanging toes to the bar is going slow, its a bit more work to get my fee over my head but slow progress is being made.

This weekend was nice and relaxing, I had plenty of time to cook and relax (which I needed!).

I battled a million little kids at climbing this weekend, I only almost crushed 1 (don't stand on the mats under a climber on the overhang) luckily for her other people got her out of the way giving me a safe landing zone ( I was just hanging out at the end of the route but still, if I would have fallen I would have squished her)

Also last week I started adding a 20 minute traverse to my climbing days (ARC Training)... 20 minutes is a long time on the wall.

Amiguruami have not progressed beyond teen hulk :(  I shall start Hawkeye tonight!

Current Challenge

To Rivendell!

10.5%
10.5%

I battled a million little kids at climbing this weekend, I only almost crushed 1

Also last week I started adding a 20 minute traverse to my climbing days (ARC Training)... 20 minutes is a long time on the wall.

Amiguruami have not progressed beyond teen hulk :(  I shall start Hawkeye tonight!

Its such a difficult thing when the climbing gym is overrun with kids. On one hand it is awesome that they are there and getting into climbing and an active lifestyle. On the other hand...ahhhH!!!

I looked at that rock climbers training manual link at the site is definitely pretty cool! 20 minutes of sustained climbing is a lot, too. Nice job!

Do we get to see progress pictures on Hawkeye?

tinkerer

You guys, the amazingness that happens when you get enough sleep is crazy.

Though it makes me feel like a super old person because I have to be in bed by 9.

Sigh, 8hrs of sleep is needed by this body.

Happiest Thursday

• Like 1

Current Challenge

To Rivendell!

10.5%
10.5%

Love the progress on the super hero!!  And I sympathize on sleeping.  I gotta start getting to bed earlier because the PETS want me up before dawn .... and they are very persuasive.

Finish up strong!!!

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Coming soon .....

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Oh man what to say about this challenge. I feel like I did way better this challenge then my score card shows.

Starting this challenge I was super pumped for a week, then for the next 4 weeks pretty much wanted to hide in a hole and wait for spring/purpose/anything else.

Then life started turning around and I was in a way better mood overall.

Daily good thing recording will still happen, and I need to add in some outside movement. Taking walks, jogging, disk golf, something like that.

I'm excited to get a new challenge outlined to remind me to do some new stuff and keep me accountable.

Thanks everyone for your support throughout this challenge. Its awesome to have this community to come back to and be inspired by

Quest 1: Make a Plush Team

The_Avengers_Yo.gif

So far I have made a Thor and Iron Man amigurumi,

I think it is time to finish the team!

Captain America
Hulk
Hawkeye
Black Widow
Loki (because he looks cool)

I only completed Hulk and got a start on Hawkeye,

I really thought I would have put more time in on these guys, but I crocheted 2 bobble beard hats. So this is not a total loss on making things

Quest 2: Record Goodness Daily

tumblr_mphr3cdbmr1sxy1i4o1_500.gif

It's important to remember that something good happens everyday no matter how small.
Everyday for the next 6 weeks I will record 1 good thing that has happened each day on a white board in my room (so I can see it every day!)
After the challenge I will put a photo of the board in my wrap up.

Done!!!

FF07D76F-5F8D-4A13-A07C-2E826F662027_zps

Quest 3: Leg Raises Progression

I really like all the progressions on Start Bodyweight so I am working through this one, eventually I want to get the Dragon Flag progression down.
This progression has a lot of variations so this might stretch out over a couple challenges, but lets see how far I can get!
To count a variation complete I have to be able to do 3 sets of 8 repetitions with 1-2 minutes rest in between.

I did ok here, I sailed through the easier progressions. But I am not gonna lie I didn't commit enough when I got stuck... this will have to roll over into next challenge

Life Quest: Be Social, Don't Lurk

5J3afNz.gif

Last challenge I was not as social on the forums as I hoped to be. So this challenge I am aiming to post 5 times a week to any threads that are not my own. That is why we are here right? To support and encourage each other, and post gif's

I did an alright job being social, my score sheet would probably say otherwise. But I did check in most every week day.

Current Challenge

To Rivendell!

10.5%
10.5%

Nice job on the challenge! I hadn't seen your scoresheet before. It's cool the way you have it all laid out on one page. Regardless of what it says if you are finishing up energized and ready to take on the next thing - that sounds like a win! Thanks for keeping the rest of us going with your social goal, too!

What kind of stuff do you think you'll have in the next challenge?

Those bobble beard hats are funny!

tinkerer

Nice job on the challenge! I hadn't seen your scoresheet before. It's cool the way you have it all laid out on one page. Regardless of what it says if you are finishing up energized and ready to take on the next thing - that sounds like a win! Thanks for keeping the rest of us going with your social goal, too!

What kind of stuff do you think you'll have in the next challenge?

Those bobble beard hats are funny!

Thanks tinkerer!

The bobble beard hats were fun to make, I added some dino spikes for the one I made my sister.

I really like the do something, make something, learn something approach.

so I'm thinking something like

do -walk/run,

make - mile counting lock box?

so as an electronics project I was thinking I could make a box that would open after I hit X amount of miles (syncs with endomundo, or my mile log sheet), with some kind of prize inside, or maybe a plant inside that needs to be watered so I need to get x amount of miles so I can water it! (something like that) I'm trying to find an effective way to stay motivated for running / walking we are not going to be able to do an adventure race this year so our motivation has been low.

learn - maybe try and pick up the guitar again (we have rocksmith , so it would literally be playing a game)? or learn ASL

Current Challenge

To Rivendell!

10.5%
10.5%

Oh man, you're the coolest. A team of beard hats would be so much fun for a fun run or tournament around Halloween time. And your lock box idea! And guitar! (I'm pretty much self-taught from this site.)

I'm really looking forward to getting outside to run, actually, so if my happy enthusiasm will help with motivation, I can provide. :)

Level 3 Human Jedi Apprentice / Assassin

{ running, rock climbing, frisbee }