Hello there!

My name is Lizzy. I'm a newly-recharged member of the rebellion, who is not 'insane'! So I'm seeking to shift what has been my downfall in the past.

Specifically - isolation. Going at a challenge with only the vague, unfamiliar forums mass as a team I have to answer to. I cheated, I slipped progressively off the quest, and gave up, all without anyone noticing. Without anyone to specifically notice the progress of. The invisibility was my downfall, and I think it might be a danger for others as well!

I'm looking for a team of beginners for this next six-week challenge, to have a small keeping-each-other-honset club for the duration of the challenge!

Do you want to be in my Adventuring Party? 

• Like 1

Solunaria

of Stick 'Em With The Pointy End

Previous Challenge

*waves* Hi Lizzy, I'm Xik. I'd like to join your party :) I like the idea of a smaller group to check in with over the next 6 weeks.

I see you're an Assassin hopeful too, what are your interests specifically? I'm a traceur-wannabe, need to significantly improve my fitness and strength first though.

• Like 1

Hi, Lizzy & Xik! :)

I'm Michelle, & this is my first 6 week challenge here at NF. I've been a member here for a while, although I've not really done anything aside from read the articles. I decided to do more than just that, though, & this challenge comes at an excellent time for me. :)

I'm a Ranger/Assassin wannabe, & I'm just at the Recruit level. I'd love to join you two for accountability. Like you, Lizzy, isolation's a huge issue for me, but I'm working on combatting that. I find a smaller group is a good fit for me because I'm always more eager to check in & see how everyone else is doing. It's easier in a small group, & it's harder to go into hiding when there's a smaller number to whom you're accountable.

If you want me, I'm in! :D

Yes, Xik, do rest & take care of yourself! Way to go on such a great workout, though, & on eating lots of protein. :)

I didn't do much physically, but I was quite busy with other stuff - right now I have a one-day-a-week job, although I'll pick up more hours if my friend needs me - & did some job hunting. I want full time work. It'll come - it's just a waiting game. :)

I did do the Angry Birds workout for the first time, though, & so far so good. I could've ended up more tired, but since I've just started getting back into exercising, I figure it's better to not overdo it the first time. I have been walking at least 3 or 4 days a week for the past 2 or 3 weeks, & so that's something. I'm planning on going for a longer walk tomorrow.

The week after next, I plan on getting back into cycling as long as the weather doesn't turn bad. I'm in southwestern BC, Canada, & our weather's been warmer than normal this winter. Even if it cools off a bit, it'll be good to get out & start bike riding again. I wanna live up to my user name. :D

I'll just explain the "Mimi" bit - my first name's Michelle, & my family's nickname for me is Mimi. :)

I hope you both have good sleeps tonight! :)

Hope you feel better Mimi. I hit the gym yesterday and clocked a new run-without-stopping time :) also improved on my reps. Soon moving on to more weight - exciting! I like looking back in my gym notebook and seeing how far I've come, I wish I'd started it back at the start of Feb when I joined the gym & first started. I can recall struggling on 5kg dumbbells though and now I'm just conquering the 7kg and about to move on to 8kg - this pleases me.

Off to the gym a bit later, after I've done a little work... can't wait!

• Like 1

Way to go on your new running record! That's wonderful! Also for getting to the gym. I have 8 tickets left to the local rec centre, but I've not been since early last summer. I want to go because they expanded it & it's apparently really good, but I have yet to go. Oh, well! I'm just focusing on body weight workouts right now, & I'd rather be outside if the weather's good enough, which it usually is around here. :)

I did go for a walk today. It wasn't super long, but it was good to be out, & then I did day 2 of The Angry Birds Workout. I like it, using my own bodyweight for strength training. :)

I'm feeling much better today - I guess a good night's sleep was all that I needed. Now I'm just sitting here with my cat on my lap & enjoying a homemade iced chai latte, one of my favourite things. Mm!! :D

Sounds lovely and relaxing! It's good to get some fresh air and walk somewhere for a change too. I ran (admittedly in two parts) 1.5miles to the train station the other night to drive my boyfriend home in his car (he'd been to the pub) - I was surprised how good I felt after that. Nice to have a break from the stale feety air of the gym. Well done on day 2 of your workout programme, keep it up :)

My day at work was hugely stressful. We got told we're having an inspection next week. Morale was already low for various reasons and now it's rock-bottom...

I wasn't sleeping well already! Hopeful I get a decent night's sleep tonight, after I finish working that is... sigh.

• Like 1

I hope you get one, too. Ugh, inspections!! I hope it goes well. I've worked in places where morale was low, & it's a huge bummer. I hope it gets better there. Maybe the inspection'll be good & morale'll go up. :)

Way to go on your exercising! Even if you ran in two parts, it's better than nothing. :D

Hey guys!

I am new to posting on the forums and its also my first 6 week challenge, I have been reading the blog for two years now, but I have learned that when I go at it alone I eventually cruise off the deep end. So if ya'll don't mind a male adventuring companion I would love to join up and join in. I am an ex tank/fighter, looking to get my tankiness back :D

• Like 1

Hey folks :)

How's it going? Mimi? Taorn? Hope you're both well and still in it to win it!

I'm getting my ass kicked by a cold this week so I'm not making much progress - just focusing on resting to get well.

Hopefully you're in better spirits than me!

• Like 1

Hi, Taorn! Welcome here & to our Adventuring Party! :D

Hi, Xik! i hope you feel better soon.

Sorry that I've not been here for a few days - it's been a weird time for me, & I didn't go for a walk or anything the past couple of days because I have a sore heel. I've been doing other things to keep moving, but no walking or bike riding or Angry Birds workout. It's better than it was yesterday, but it's still sore. It'll get better, & hopefully I'll be moving like normal soon. :)

I hope your heel mends itself Mimi. It's always best to rest when injured, so you're doing the right thing.

I'm feeling better but still coldy so I'm off to the gym tonight to do some lifting, but not much cardio. It's been a week so I'm curious where my strength will be (I wonder how illness will dent it too).

Take care :)

• Like 1

Hi!

How are you, Xik? Are you feeling better? How's your strength training going?

How about you, Solunaria & Taorn? I hope you two join us again as well. :)

I'm all right - I set three goals yesterday - one's to get in 20 bike rides in 7 weeks, & another's to get in 20 walks in 3 weeks. The walking one'll be easier, but I really want to work on the cycling one since that's one of my main fitness interests. So I'm going out in a bit to walk. I have to pump up a tire on my bike - interesting how they go flat when you don't use 'em. haha  Something's wrong with my bike pump, & so I'm going to borrow my friend's - she has a broken leg & can't bike ride right now - until I either buy a new pump or fix mine if it's fixable. I hope so! :)

The third is to get in 6 Angry Bird workouts in 2 weeks.

The site on which I set these goals only has a few options for numbers in the goals a person sets. I want to get in more than 20 bike rides in 7 weeks, but that was the maximum allowed for the goal. I don't think the site cares if a person does more than what their goal is, since it's another fitness site (Map My Walk), & you can log as many as you want. The point is to just get out there & move, & setting goals & telling others about them works. These goals work with what I'm trying to do in this challenge. So all's good! I'm not taking on more than I can handle, & that's important. Sometimes I do that, & then I get overwhelmed & quit. That I do NOT want to do anymore.

So I'll be going out to walk in a little bit. I have some errands to run, & I live in a town that's small enough to walk everywhere, unless I have to cart around a lot or have heavy things to transport. Then I use my car, of course. So this is great for getting in walks. The goals I set don't say anything about how far the bike rides or walks have to be - they only set how many times in a certain space of time. Fine with me! :D

It's a beautiful day here - instead of winter weather here in BC's Fraser Valley, we're having late spring weather! It's 13C, or 55.4 F (yay for unit converters! haha), & the sky is clear. My foot's feeling much better, & so there's no excuse at all for me to stick around when I could be out in the sun. Yay! :D

Excellent stuff Mimi! Glad to hear it's going well. 13C is practically British summer temperatures! It's been sort of 7-10C here, which is alright but a little on the chilly side in the wind.

I am feeling better, almost totally recovered from my cold (which is unusual for me, because usually they linger for weeks) and kicked a ton of ass at the gym tonight. Did a load of cardio (not running), rediscovered how easy it is to just melt time away on a spinning bike, and have moved up my weights again - and now on to 8kg dumbbells for bicep curls & shoulder presses :) this makes me happy - I think I might be able to get to 10kg by the end of the challenge. I picked up a 5kg dumbbell today, which is what I started lifting back at the start of February, and it felt so light to curl! Really nice to be able to feel progress.

Take care and keep on walking places!

• Like 1

Way to go!! You're doing so well, Xik.

Yes, 13C is like British summers, from what I've heard. Here, we can get up to 30 C, which is way too hot for me. Sometimes it gets even hotter. My ideal is about 20 C, or 70 F. :)

I did go for a long walk. I don't yet know how long it was, but it took me about 1 1/2 hours. I didn't walk too fast most of the time, but I walk normally than average at my slower speeds. It'll be cool to see how far it was! :)

I realised that I have another bike pump, a portable one that I always take with me when I go on a bike ride. So I'll be using that tomorrow when I pump up my front tire. :)

Hello adventurers! I'm a newbie to the site and am nearing the end of the second week of my first challenge (I sstarted a week late. My first week didnt go so well (being sick zaps all my motivation) and my second week could have gone better. So I was looking for some more accountability when I stumbled upon your adventuring party. Mind if I join?

• Like 1

Level 0 Human Recruit (Future Assassin/Monk)

STR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0

Book of Challenges: The Prologue, Chapter 1: Respawn

Seize the day, put no trust in the morrow.

It is never too late to be what you might have been.

Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.

(Horace/ George Eliot/ Victor Kiam)

CAFFEINE FREE CHALLENGE (12 out of 42 days caffeine free!)

28%
28%

Looks like you're starting to live up to your name, Mimi :) excellent work!

I'm at a LAN party this weekend so my protein is going to go awry again. But I have been killing it at the gym, and my legs are noticeably more muscled - this pleases me. I also gave my boyfriend a piggy back and it was a piece of cake (he weighs like 85kg compared to my 65kg and is about 8" taller than me). Definite progress, as I tried like 6 months ago and I could just about struggle a few steps!

So my strength training is ramping up. Also had a "training session" at my gym, which was only a free 30min thing where we went round all the machines and I had my form checked. I got complimented on my leg strength and had my deadlift form checked and approved so I'm now going to start adding deadlifts to my routine :)

Hi BlaiddDrwg - of course you're welcome to join us! I've had a sick week this challenge too, week 2, all stuffed up with a cold and unable to exercise or do much of anything - just gotta go easy on yourself and let your body sort itself out. If you push it when you're not not totally better then you'll just make things worse. So, hope you're totally better now and you can start easing yourself back in gently :)

I see your goals are mainly weight loss - I'm on a strength-training rave (I've actually gained weight since I started, but lost inches) and I really can't recommend it enough if you like seeing progress. I know I'm progressing even if I don't feel much different, because the amount of weight I can heft has gone up steadily! I'd say start by making some body measurements and chart that rather than weight. Even if your weight does go up, remember a) muscle weighs more than fat and B) muslce burns way more calories than fat all the time.

Keep us updated!

• Like 1

Hi, BlaiddDrwg! Of course you're welcome to join us. It's cool to have you join us. :D

Hi, Xik, yeah, I figured that I'd put off merely talking about cycling & time to actually start doing it. haha  I didn't ride my bike today. Instead, I made this a rest day from cycling, but I still got outside. My mom & I went out to Harrison Lake to walk around. It's beautiful there & we both got some good pictures taken.

Way to go on your strength training! It's so cool that you can see progress being made. :D

Hey guys, thanks for the welcome!

Xik- Thanks for the tip about measuring inches instead of pounds. I honestly didn't even think about it. When I was creating this six week challenge I wasn't focusing too much on what my main quest was or how I was going to measure it. All I could think about was that my main quest was to just be healthier, and that isn't something that is really measurable, so I just tossed in a weight loss limit. I think it still works because there is weight that needs to be lost, but it isn't really my main focus. I will definitely be revising this for my next challenge though, so thanks!

This week was off to weird start for me. I'm still struggling with getting up earlier in the morning, and it hasn't helped this week that I started off on the wrong foot. We had a bake sale at work to raise money for a fantastic non-profit, and I forgot about it so I ended up staying up pretty late in order to get some delicious treats baked. I'm super excited about my work out tonight though! I always feel guilty about exercising without my dogs. They are pretty high energy and love being with me when I'm doing anything. So, because of that guilt I haven't been riding my new bike. But, I managed to MacGyver a dog leash attachment to the seat of my bike and will be taking my dogs (one at a time) on rides tonight. It is going to be awesome!

How's everyone else doing this week? :)

• Like 1

Level 0 Human Recruit (Future Assassin/Monk)

STR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0

Book of Challenges: The Prologue, Chapter 1: Respawn

Seize the day, put no trust in the morrow.

It is never too late to be what you might have been.

Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.

(Horace/ George Eliot/ Victor Kiam)

CAFFEINE FREE CHALLENGE (12 out of 42 days caffeine free!)

28%
28%

Hi, Xik & BlaidDrwg. I'm sorry that I've been AWOL for a while, but I had 'net problems last week & couldn't connect very often. When I could, I figured that I'd better check my email at least, & sometimes that's all that I could do.

So cool that you figured out a way to have a dog go out with you as you bike, Blaid! That's so cool. If I had a basket, I'd figure out a way to take my cat out with me - he loves going for rides - & then take him for a "walk" somewhere. Of course walking a dog & a cat are two completely different things. haha

I quit the current 6-week challenge since I had huge setbacks due to illness last week. I had a really nasty migraine that lasted a few days - yes, I did go to the hospital, & they gave me some stuff that helped. Then I was ill otherwise. Now I'm better, & I went for a short bike ride today. While I'm no longer in this challenge, I'm not going to stop heading towards my goals. They're too important to me, & the challenge was just a way for me to get started heading towards them. I'll join the next one. :)

So now I'm back, & very happy to be so! How are you two?

I had written here that I was going to stay in the current 6 week challenge, but after thinking more about it, I realised that it's just not something I'll be able to do. I've tried to revamp my goals to fit the 5 weeks as opposed to 6 weeks - I'm just not all that great at stuff like that. So I'll just join the next one. It is a bit disappointing, but it is what it is, & I have to do what's best for me at this time. I have a lot of other stuff going on, & my brain just isn't letting me come up with the reworking of my goals. *sigh!!*

Hey folks, I'm brand new here as well. If you'll have me, I'd like to join you too! When it comes to the gym/working out I am most definitely a solo player, but on the back end I've always found that having some support and folks to discuss progress and such with is crucial. That's something I'm lacking lately, as most of my friends and family are busier with families of their own or work etc to be very interested in fitness, so I've taken to the internet to find that support group.

Quick/dirty version of my own story - athlete most of my life, sedentary after a car wreck, married with a kid, moved for work, decided to get back in shape and become the athlete again, did that, diagnosed with a spinal tumor, removed and did the therapy to get back to normal, released by my doctors to return to normal activity, now 5 weeks into my rebound period of working out and fixing my nutrition to recover the gains I had made pre-surgery and hopefully improve even further!   lol fun, right?

Anyway, if you're full up I understand and wish you all the best of luck! If you'll have me I'll be sure to encourage, praise your accomplishments, and give you the swift virtual kick in the rear you may need should you wish it! 

Thanks!

-MAL

• Like 1

Malakir - Human Ranger

[Level-2][str-3][Dex-3][Wis-3][Con-3][Cha-3][stam-3]

[Current Challenge] [battlelog] [MyFitnessPal]