Hi, Mal!! Welcome here! As far as I'm concerned, you're more than welcome. We've not put together set number. So please feel free to join us. Thanks for sharing a bit about your life with us. How awful about your tumour, but yay that you're on your road to recovery! What a relief that must be, eh? :D

• Like 1

Thanks! Yes, what was feared to be a very serious situation ended up being relatively routine! I'm back to normal, for the most part, and working towards regaining my strength. I miss lifting heavy but soon enough I'll get back to it.

I see you're a cyclist. Mostly road biking or ever get out on the trails? I love to mountain bike when I can! Haven't attempted again, just yet, but I plan on getting back out there very soon. 

Thanks very much for having me. I enjoy having some like minded people to chat with!

Hope you're all doing well.

-MAL

• Like 1

Malakir - Human Ranger

[Level-2][str-3][Dex-3][Wis-3][Con-3][Cha-3][stam-3]

[Current Challenge] [battlelog] [MyFitnessPal]

It takes time to get back into things, eh?

Yes, I am a cyclist, although I didn't ride my bike for years because of the job I had - I worked straight nights & it's just didn't work out for me to ride my bike. Now, though, I am again, & I love it. I'd love to get into trail riding, but for now I'm just road cycling. That's cool, though, too - I live in a very picturesque part of the world & it's never dull. Plus drivers are, for the most part, really considerate of cyclists here, thankfully. I live in the eastern Fraser Valley of southwestern, BC, about 2 hours east of Vancouver.

You're very welcome! The more the merrier. :D

Yesterday, I went for a long walk, although it wasn't steady. I stopped a lot along the way to take pictures & to just enjoy the beauty of nature & to sit by a river for a while. I don't do nearly enough of this, & I need to. Today I made a very healthy soup, full of vegetables & herbs & a ham bone. I started out following a recipe for a bean soup, but it wasn't long before I just started adding stuff to it, which you can do with a lot of soups like this, & it's very good. It's hearty & hits the spot. I made a huge pot. So I'll be sharing most of it with others. I don't have a very big freezer, & so I won't be freezing more than one medium sized container. :)

Mmmmm soup. Love making homemade soups. Sounds great.

We made a huge farmhouse style breakfast today for breakfast/lunch/brunch-of-shame. Definitely not healthy, but it was "cheat" day and that was my request! Still stayed in my calorie goals and got a workout in so not a total failure!

Rounded out the day with Yoga - really helps me stretch and keep some flexibility/mobility in my hips and back. 

What's everyone else up to?

-MAL

• Like 1

Malakir - Human Ranger

Stretching's always good, & sometimes a body just needs a good feast like that. It sounds good!

Yesterday was the supper my family had for my brother's girlfriend, & so that was good. I didn't really do anything exercise-wise, but I'll get back on that today. Not yet sure what I'll do, but I'll figure it out. It's raining too hard right now to do anything outside, but I'll stretch for sure - I've been following my cat's example on that - & do something else. I don't have a big space in which to do anything, but I might just dance. Nothing specific, but I often just move to music, which can be as good an exercise as anything. Then I have a doctor's appointment later in order to get a note saying I'm fit to work for a specific job - it's a requirement of application, & they just needed to know when I was going when I submitted the application. I hope I get that job - it's one I'd love to do.

Otherwise, nothing else is up for today. I'll try to remember to come back later to say how things went & what I ended up doing. :)

Hey!

Doing well, and finished out my last challenge successfully (even if it was a bit late beginning). So the next one is the 13th? For some reason I thought it was the 20th.

I need to catch up on housekeeping here. Stat allocation and prettying up my signature and such haha

What's everyone thinking for their next challenge?

-MAL

• Like 1

Malakir - Human Ranger

Cool, Mal!

I saw the thing on the newest challenge as starting next Monday. So that's what I'm going by. If I saw wrong, I'll admit it. haha :)

I'm not yet sure what I'll do for the next challenge, but there're days to think about it. I'm going to keep on with no Coca~Cola since I'm continuing with it & am doing really well with it. I don't want to stop with that now. Aside from that, I have a few ideas, but nothing for sure yet.

It'll be interesting that day since I have the second job interview for a job that I want. It'll be fine, though. It might give me less opportunities to give in to temptation that day. :)

I think I might focus on using playgroup equipment for exercises - at least the monkey bars for pull ups & going along them with my hands, if you know what I mean. But we'll see for sure. :)

• Like 1

Geez, I need to figure out what to do for a challenge as well. My current challenge is done and I didn't miss a day, but truth be told, I'll likely continue it pretty much from here on out anyway! Hmmm....Think think think lol

I did level up though, and finally made a signature, so that's a start I suppose.

Playground/park workouts are great! I have a great park about a mile from my house and used to run there, do a bodyweight workout and run back. May start doing that again once my current workout circuit finishes, just to break things up a bit.

Where'd everyone go, Mimi? I'm beginning to think my weekly baths aren't enough and I've scared them off.

-MAL

• Like 1

Malakir - Human Ranger

I've been wondering the same thing, Mal, about where everyone else is. I just sent off messages to Blaidd & Xik. I hope they return soon, although it's good that we're here. Maybe others'll join in, too. :)

I have some ideas of what I'm going to do for the next challenge, although I'm going to keep up with no Coca~Cola - this is my 49th day without, & I'm not planning on breaking that streak now. I do feel groggy when I wake up in the morning, but that's just a little thing compared to withdrawal headaches & other problems I had when I was drinking that stuff every day. I do drink other pop occasionally, but not daily. I'm so happy that I've been keeping up with it! :D

Way to go on leveling up - that's so cool!! I didn't make it through the last challenge, & I'm staying where I am. I don't feel that I succeeded in doing what I needed in order to level up. Oh, well! I'm not worried about it. haha

There's the weekend yet to decide, & I have lots of time to figure it out. I AM going to make it all the way through this time - I want to level up & become a Scout. My ultimate goal is to be a Ranger-Assassin hybrid. :)

• Like 1

I'm back! Sorry for going MIA. I have my new challenge up and am struggling through day two right now. One of my goals this challenge was to quit caffeine, and it is giving me quite the headache. Literally. But I'm off to Kung Fu Theater so that'll cheer me up :-) 

How's everyone else doing with this new challenge?

• Like 2

Level 0 Human Recruit (Future Assassin/Monk)

STR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0

Book of Challenges: The Prologue, Chapter 1: Respawn

Seize the day, put no trust in the morrow.

It is never too late to be what you might have been.

Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.

(Horace/ George Eliot/ Victor Kiam)

CAFFEINE FREE CHALLENGE (12 out of 42 days caffeine free!)

28%
28%

Hey Blaidd, welcome back!

I'm still working out what I want to do as a challenge this time. I'm sticking to all of the same things I was doing in the first challenge so I've got a bit of time to plot and plan. 

Good luck on the caffeine! I gave up soda over a year ago but I'd sooner give up a toe or two than coffee. 

Kug fu theater - kickass! 

-MAL

• Like 2

Malakir - Human Ranger

Welcome back, Blaidd!! Good to see you here! :D

As someone who's keeping no Coca~Cola as one of her Quests, I can relate to that headache. Oh, ouch!! It does pass, though, thankfully. Since I've never been a huge coffee or tea drinker, those have never tempted me - aside from Chai. Mmmm!! :D

You can click on this sentence to jump to my own challenge. I'm a Scout now! :D

• Like 1

Hey guys! How was everyone's first week? Mine was kind of a fail exercise wise, but I new that was going to be a problem the first week. Caffeine headaches are a real downer. Everything else went well, and the headaches are gradually fading away.  :pride:

• Like 2

28%
28%

Howdy! Week one went well. Stuck to everything pretty well, but hitting my macro goals properly is more of a challenge than I expected! I find myself having to switch up portion control from my normal amounts to half of some things and double of others, then some nights I actually have to go find something else to eat to hit my goals haha I've done this once before but I wasn't married with a kid so I just preplanned and prepared all of my meals ahead of time. Doing it on the fly is much harder.

That said, everything else is cruising. Started a new circuit in my weight training yesterday, and I'm relatively sure I will be in full on DOMS pain tomorrow haha

How's everyone else?

-MAL

• Like 1

Malakir - Human Ranger

I have a really hard time planning meals, or doing it on the fly. It can be really difficult, especially when you are trying to meet specific guidelines. Keep it up!

My week has been a little "meh"... My sister had a couple days off this week so I hung out with her instead of working out. (We live together but rarely see each other because we have opposite work schedules.) Time to pick it up though! 

• Like 2

28%
28%

Hi, Rys! Welcome!! :)

Hi, everyone! I'm so sorry that I've not been here at all - I wasn't able to sign into NF at all for quite a while, & I also haven't been receiving any notification emails from here. Very strange! Suddenly it's all resolved, though, & now I'm here again. I'm happy about that! :D

How are all of you? I'm fine - getting outside every single day, & today's Day 77 without any Coca~Cola. Yay!! :D

Daggum this is incredible. I volunteer myself, I'm enthralled that so many relatively new kids are excited and ready to help each other out. I can't wait to make friends with you guys.

Call me Lux. I'm a social competitive imaginative female, almost 23 years of age, from Alabama residing in Oklahoma. I'm starting out as a recruit because I'm indecisive and want to do ALL the things!

I'm almost all teary because I've never had a support group before. I want to change my life. My girlfriend of twenty months is my partner in life and I want to set an example for her and my little puppy. I have a wonderful job and am happy with my life but I want to make it better. Thank you all so much for including me and making me feel like family. This is gonna be beautiful. We are gonna take care of each other.

That fifty pounds I want to drop doesn't seem so scary now.