Elastigirl: The Road to Kettlebell Strength

Elastigirl

Good Monday indeed!!

Thanks for thinking of us non-KB people :D That does sound like something to be very proud of, will have to try with a little weight tomorrow to see if I can it at all, lol Do you have the legs straight when you lie or with the knees bent?

That chair is so nice! Interesting character, too, they will look fabulous when you have them all done.

An impressive TGU

• Like 1

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 13   Charisma 14   Strength 20  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

I did my first at-home kettle bell workout on Sunday, and my legs are STILL sore. Oh my goodness! It's definitely going to take some getting used to, but I'm not complaining. I'm loving it!

I'm totally bookmarking those animal moves. I know I need to incorporate something like that. I don't have grass in my yard right now, but I've been playing around with the idea of making a section, mostly so I can do stuff like this. But I'm sure it'd be just as effective on the carpet. I bet my toddler would love to get into that with me! the second flow you posted was very nice, too!

Awesome job on the TGU! I've been doing laying down to standing body weight ones lately, and OOF. Those buggers get hard fast. I'll definitely have to incorporate some with my new bells.

I can't wait to see your whole dining set together. Those chairs are just adorable!

My butt and hamstrings usually complain the loudest after a KB workout.

I do the animal moves inside and outside. Little more room outside, which makes it easier to play around a bit more. But very doable inside. We have more of a weed patch than grass in our backyard. And right now it's just a mud bog. I tried some moves yesterday , but the ground was super slippery. Ugh, mud.

The TGU's are a great all over body workout.

• Like 2

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Been walking like crazy to get my walks in for my walking PVP. I need just a little over 7 miles.

Today I decided to try a green smoothie,with a bit more kale. I've done it with 1 cup of kale, but since I usually try and have at least 2 cups when I eat it, I decided to put 2 cups into my smoothie. :nightmare: So, not good. Bitter and blech. Next time if I want kale, I will cook some up or eat in a salad. I don't get green smoothies at all.

Walked to the park. Did a few chin ups and bench pistols.

Wednesday

Walk 1 mile

Walk 3.5 at park 3 chin ups/10 bench pistols

Sledge hammer/KB swing 10 m

TGU 30-25-30-25-30 10 minutes

• Like 2

An impressive TGU

Wow, and bookmarked thanks. Do you know if anybody is planning a mini challenge between challenges? Those animal walks would make a nice Easter hunt theme 😉

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

Wow, and bookmarked thanks. Do you know if anybody is planning a mini challenge between challenges? Those animal walks would make a nice Easter hunt theme

Some people have talked about mini challenges, not sure if anyone has done anything about it. Animal walks Easter hunt sounds like a fun idea though!

• Like 1

Today I decided to try a green smoothie,with a bit more kale. I've done it with 1 cup of kale, but since I usually try and have at least 2 cups when I eat it, I decided to put 2 cups into my smoothie. :nightmare: So, not good. Bitter and blech. Next time if I want kale, I will cook some up or eat in a salad. I don't get green smoothies at all.

For me, the point of a green smoothie isn't to let it TASTE like one! I never use kale in them (bleeeech). It's a way for me to sneak in extra veggies with the yumminess of a smoothie. I generally use 2-cups of spinach, it's the least offensive of the leafies. I use like half a banana for sweetness, and then some almond milk and whey protein. All kinds of amazing goodness in a glass, without the trouble of having to eat it ;) I can't really have much fruit, so I don't usually get too interesting beyond that. Although I do make a killer pina collata one with pineapple, coconut milk, coconut shreds, spinach and a vanilla protein. So there's lots of options, it just depends on how crazy you want to get with it.

I hope the weather is nice this weekend for more outdoor kettle bell goodness. I'm loving having some stuff like that at home. Maybe I'll give the TGU a try, it looks crazy awesome!

You aren't going to get the butt you want by sitting on the one you have.
Challenges: 1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10  • 11 â€¢ 12 • 13 • Current

Aspiring Success Story: start 242     current 179.8     goal 142  |  Total Lost: 62.2 lbs  Follow me on Facebook

Half-Nymph Assassin Warrior • Level Up Club Alumni • Nerd Fitness Academy Member • Camp Nerd Fitness Attendee

For me, the point of a green smoothie isn't to let it TASTE like one! I never use kale in them (bleeeech). It's a way for me to sneak in extra veggies with the yumminess of a smoothie. I generally use 2-cups of spinach, it's the least offensive of the leafies. I use like half a banana for sweetness, and then some almond milk and whey protein. All kinds of amazing goodness in a glass, without the trouble of having to eat it ;) I can't really have much fruit, so I don't usually get too interesting beyond that. Although I do make a killer pina collata one with pineapple, coconut milk, coconut shreds, spinach and a vanilla protein. So there's lots of options, it just depends on how crazy you want to get with it.

I hope the weather is nice this weekend for more outdoor kettle bell goodness. I'm loving having some stuff like that at home. Maybe I'll give the TGU a try, it looks crazy awesome!

With my kale one, I used a whole banana and then some stevia to try and mask it. I've done it with one cup of spinach before and that was alright. But it is just as easy to just stick a cup of spinach on whatever I eat for lunch and get my greens that way. And if I have a little more time, I love sauteed spinach or kale. Tonight I stir fried up a bunch of kale, and it was so good.

I have room to do my KB swings indoor, but I prefer the outdoors.

• Like 3

She must be close to a half BW get up. That's impressive.

I've never been tempted by green smoothies; I just don't get it.

There was a note under the video description that Neeghar Foonini (the lady in the video) has since mastered the 32Kg and has lifted the 36kg a few times. She weighs 123 lbs. Yeah, she's pretty much my hero.

Every time I try green smoothies I wonder why I try. I actually like greens in salad, or sauteed, and I'll even just stick them in the microwave and plop them under my chicken for lunch

• Like 3

Chairs are finished! They still have to dry for 7 days before we use them. So no pictures as they are still in the garage. But they are finished.

Did my swings and TGU.Then I decided I hadn't done enough for my bodyweight PVP and the best thing to do would be to do a high volume triple set of pyramid of push ups and pull up. Did the first set, and was super tired. Half way through the second set, my elbow started feeling wonky. I decided that my brilliant plan wasn't so brilliant, and the smartest thing would be to call it done. 

Walked today. Almost safe from zombies on my PVP. Only 3 more miles to go. Tomorrow is supposed to rain. But hubby has the day off, and if weather is half way decent, we are going geocaching.

Thursday

Warm up

Swings 35# 100 in 7 m

30-35 (half)-30-30-30 (90s rest between each set)

2x

Pulls ladders 1-2-3-4-3-2-1

Plank 40s

Push ups 1-2-3-4—4-3-2-1 (second set  1-2-3-4-4 then my elbow had a wonky pain so stopped)

• Like 3

Yay for chairs ! I bet they'll look great after all that hard work. Can't wait to see 'em.

If you like greens normally, why force them into your smoothies too ? Are you trying to get more in ?

Neegar Fanooni sounds impressive. Is the a KB professional?

• Like 2

Challenge 1 Completed March 2015: 1 month of kettlebell swings for 10,000 total.

Challenge 2 Started April 2015: 12 months of Wendler 5/3/1, starting with 3 month 'bulk' phase + check-in

Battle Log: Cipher Unlocked

Woweee, congrats on the chairs, that went fast now!! 

That TGU is super impressive, totally different to what I thought and so interesting.

Yes, why green smoothies when you do eat the greens and enjoy them as is?

By the way, your animal move link made me really plan an Easter holiday mini :)

Asking in the den now, if anybody would like to join

• Like 1

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

Yay for chairs ! I bet they'll look great after all that hard work. Can't wait to see 'em.

If you like greens normally, why force them into your smoothies too ? Are you trying to get more in ?

Neegar Fanooni sounds impressive. Is the a KB professional?

Woweee, congrats on the chairs, that went fast now!! 

That TGU is super impressive, totally different to what I thought and so interesting.

Yes, why green smoothies when you do eat the greens and enjoy them as is?

By the way, your animal move link made me really plan an Easter holiday mini :)

Asking in the den now, if anybody would like to join

Thanks, I'm super happy I finished the chairs.

I just thought the green smoothies would be a quick easy way to get some more greens in. On the day I tried kale, I'd been busy and hadn't had much in the way of green veggies, so I thought it would be a super easy way. But, I think I'll just stick to eating them straight. 

I'll go check out the mini now, it sounds fun.

• Like 1

Had an awesome Sunday evening. Went to Cafe Mox for a nerd meeting. So fun to actually meet some of the people on here. Hubby came too, and he had fun. Met Mom2SJM , CrazyMags , Raincloak , Nicolo, Graico and Raincloak. Played  a goofy board game, laughed a lot, and had a great time. I'm not sure if we got any pictures in though. Maybe Crazymags did. I was too busy having fun to remember to take pictures. :)

I totally forgot about this, darn it!!! Maybe another one will happen and I will remember to go :)

ADVENTURER 

LEARNING TO PLAY AGAIN                                                                                        

Battle Log

My wife does green smoothies. She adores them, I do not. She always wants me to try the new flavor she just made up. To me they all taste about the same but she seems to be able to taste and enjoy the differences,

I think the reason I keep trying them again is because people say how much they like them. 

I totally forgot about this, darn it!!! Maybe another one will happen and I will remember to go :)

I think we may do it again. Next time I'll remind you

Awesome weekend. Was able to geocache on Friday a bit.Then Sunday was nice, so hubby, son and I all went. Such a fun day. My son is always up for an adventure, so along the trail, we played a game of "can you do this?" We tried  all sorts of stuff, hanging from branches, walking on logs, jumping over logs, using only our feet to climb the tree trunk. Lots of laughing and a good bit of movement. And we found all the caches! 

Final wrap up

LIft Stuff-Do the SImple and SInister Workout at least 4 days a week, 5 is better, 6 is ultimate.

Every single week I did at least 4 days, some 5. Once or twice 6 days a week.

Eat Sugar As a Rare treat- Only 1 time during challenge

NOPE. But I did manage to only eat sweets that I had time to enjoy, and that were worth it. Also kept it to weekends. 

Morning Routine:

Read Bible, kitchen clean up, walk, computer 20 minutes

I have a good habit now of reading the Bible, and cleaning kitchen. I struggled a bit with the layout of this goal. If I didn't hit all the things, I felt like I failed, and just sort of dropped it for the day. Overall pretty good though.

Life:

Paint chairs :DONE

drawing:dropped

Also participated in two accountabillibuddies group and a two PVPs. Walked 93 miles for the walking PVP and did tons of bodyweight for the Games of Thrones. And went to my first NF meet-up. 

Feeling very good about this challenge<

Wins:

Started at  3 reps of 30lb KB TGU, went to 5 good form ones

able to do 2 half 35# TGU

started at only being able to do 2 handed  44# KB swings, can now do  several sets of one handed

93 miles walked

Things to improve:

I decided not to do stats or grades this challenge, and set my goals I bit looser. But I actually found that to be more stressful on myself.  With my morning routine, if I had graded it, I would have set a goal of 4 days a week, but no set goal made me feel like I had to do it all the time perfectly. So, in my mind, I was actually harder on myself this way. Next challenge, back to SMART goal setting, like a good Elastigirl.

• Like 6

So much win!!!

All the strength gained, all the good mornings (I am still so impressed how you stick to your 20 min computer only) and so much more.

Plus the pretty chairs :)

Great to hear you had such fun geocaching and making the walk your playground. I felt happy just reading it.

And that is an interesting point about the stat points there.

Excited to see you have fun on the next challenge again  :onthego:  :positive:

• Like 1

Great Challenge, you rocked it again!!! The "can you do this" game sounds very fun. I don't think my boys would play but I know my girls would. My girls are much more likely to do things in public like that. My boys would just says "mom, really, don't tell anyone I am your kid" Then I would get a kiss on top of my head and they would leave me to my fun. 

Yes please do remind me of the next NF meet up. I should have put that on my calendar then I would not have forgotten. Next time :)

• Like 1

ADVENTURER 

LEARNING TO PLAY AGAIN                                                                                        

Battle Log

Man you keep giving me things I want to do ! I think my daughter might be about old enough for geocaching! I am definitely going to add that to my things to do this spring.

I am loving my kettle bells, thank you for that. My hamstrings still hurt from last weekend! I have a great little app on my phone, and it holy cow 15 mins goes by so fast. I'm so glad you got me interested in having some at home. It's been a good addition to my life.

This was a good challenge for you. And any time you learn something about yourself, it's an awesome thing!

• Like 1

You aren't going to get the butt you want by sitting on the one you have.
Challenges: 1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10  • 11 â€¢ 12 • 13 • Current

Aspiring Success Story: start 242     current 179.8     goal 142  |  Total Lost: 62.2 lbs  Follow me on Facebook

Half-Nymph Assassin Warrior • Level Up Club Alumni • Nerd Fitness Academy Member • Camp Nerd Fitness Attendee