Yikes- Stretch Marks

Okay I have had them for a while on my shoulders and my abdomen, and that is from gaining weight. I understand. But today I just noticed them on my arm, right above my inner elbow area. I am doing weights every other day, is this because I am gaining muscle, or gaining fat still? Also, any tried and tested methods that work to prevent, decrease, fade???

I have heard of vitamin e oil, but that is kind of expensive to use often.

Hi everyone, good news and bad news... the bad news is stretch marks are permanent :( BUT the good news is you can prevent it from occurring, the best way to prevent stretch marks is to use cocoa butter lotion. Pregnant women and bodybuilders use it because the lotion cause the skin to have a little more elasticity so the skin can have more time to compensate for the growth.

You can get the lotion anywhere at drugstores and grocery stores (i.e. CVS, Walmart, Target, etc.)

Hi everyone, good news and bad news... the bad news is stretch marks are permanent :( BUT the good news is you can prevent it from occurring, the best way to prevent stretch marks is to use cocoa butter lotion.

The worse news is that the people who say to use cocoa butter are the ones who sell it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/15/health/15real.html

"Neither the subjects nor the researchers knew who was using which treatment. After many months, the researchers found no difference in the development or severity of marks, known medically as striae, over the abdomen, breasts or thighs. For those looking for an alternative, scientists have found that vitamin E creams are more effective"

Repairing a lifetime of bad habits...

Hi everyone, good news and bad news... the bad news is stretch marks are permanent :( BUT the good news is you can prevent it from occurring, the best way to prevent stretch marks is to use cocoa butter lotion.

The worse news is that the people who say to use cocoa butter are the ones who sell it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/15/health/15real.html

"Neither the subjects nor the researchers knew who was using which treatment. After many months, the researchers found no difference in the development or severity of marks, known medically as striae, over the abdomen, breasts or thighs. For those looking for an alternative, scientists have found that vitamin E creams are more effective"

Sorry if I hit a sore spot, but cocoa butter has helped me out and prevented stretch marks for me.

Sorry if I hit a sore spot, but cocoa butter has helped me out and prevented stretch marks for me.

No sore spot at all. Just pointing out that the science doesn't back it up. Anecdotal evidence is commonly passed off as fact, but rarely holds up. It's like if you said that rubbing a chicken on your head before you go out in the rain prevents lightning strikes...because hey, you've always done it and you haven't been struck yet.

Remember that this is NERD fitness, so expect people to break out the google for fact-checking.

Repairing a lifetime of bad habits...