kuraiuncia

4/2/15 Cont.

I did my Workout 2/3

5 Minute Warmup

6 Squats

6 Incline Pushups

15 Second Plank

12 Walking Lunges

10 Dumbbell Rows each arm (10 pound weight)

15 Second Pushup Plank

30 Jumping Jacks

x3

Stretch

The squats and lunges are still hurting a bit. I feel like they shouldn't be anymore and it's not as bad... I'm not going to push it though. 

Ma and I ended up going out to eat at Red Lobster. Not so great choices were made (biscuits!) but I did have salad and broccoli with my steak and lobster. Expensive but delicious.

Did Meditation before bed (5/7)

4/3/15

Eeeeeeeeeee! The wedding was beautiful! 

I didn't do anything yet today challenge wise but here is a dress pic to make up for it!

Kuraidress_zpswsm6ekr7.png

I will do my Meditation before bed today (6/7)

• Like 1

~Kurai~

Level 4 Catkind | Assassin

STR 7.1 | STA 4 | DEX 2.7 | CON 12.8 | WIS 8.9 | CHA 4.6

Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3

Tumblr | Art Tumblr

4/4/15

I made a Healthy Recipe (1/1)

Roasted carrots! Ok so this was extremely similar to the carrot fries I've done before but they needed to be used and they were seriously the only thing I had left in the fridge! I am procrastinating on grocery shopping because I didn't want to fight the last minute Easter madness at the stores. Also they were delicious and addictive. I made them with coconut oil, cumin, curry powder, garlic salt, and pepper. 

I did my Meditation (7/7)

Week Six Stats

Paleo - A (3/3)

BBWW - C (2/3)

Healthy Recipe - A (1/1)

Meditation - A (7/7)

End of challenge report will be up momentarily!

~Kurai~

Tumblr | Art Tumblr

Week One

Paleo - A (3/3)

BBWW - A (3/3)

Healthy Recipe - A (1/1)

Meditation - B (6/7)

Week Two

Paleo - A (3/3)

BBWW - A (3/3)

Healthy Recipe - A (1/1)

Meditation - A (7/7)

Week Three

Paleo - C (2/3)

BBWW - C (2/3)

Healthy Recipe - A (1/1)

Meditation - A (7/7)

Week Four

Paleo - A (3/3)

BBWW - C (2/3)

Healthy Recipe - A (1/1)

Meditation - B (6/7)

Week Five

Paleo - D (1/3)

BBWW - A (3/3)

Healthy Recipe - F (0/1)

Meditation - D (3/7)

Week Six

Paleo - A (3/3)

BBWW - C (2/3)

Healthy Recipe - A (1/1)

Meditation - A (7/7)

Overall Totals

Paleo - B (15/18) 83%

BBWW - B (15/18) 83%

Healthy Recipe - B (5/6) 83%

Meditation - B (37/42) 88%

Stat Point Breakdown

Paleo - 83% +2.4 CON +.8 STA

BBWW - 83% +2.4 STR +.8 STA

Healthy Recipe - 83% +2.4 WIS +.8 CON

Meditation - 88% +1.8 WIS +.9 CHA

Mini-Challenges Completed - +1 STR +1 STA +1 CON

• Like 1

~Kurai~

Tumblr | Art Tumblr

End of Challenge Report

I am overall happy with my end totals, straight B's is not bad at all! I am however a little disappointed in myself workout wise. I am pretty sure I can pinpoint the exact moment that I hurt my knees at Hollywood Studios (I almost faceplanted when I let the 8 year old down off my back, loud crack in knees but I was very busy laughing at myself!), and since my first try after vacation at doing my workout I've been absolutely dreading doing them. It has become a source of anxiety for me. Even though I know on my worst days anxiety wise I am capable of doing my workout (even tougher than what I've been doing since vacation) I am having a hard time getting myself up and started, even with my legs no longer aching. So! To combat this next challenge I am going to switch it up. I have got to do something active every week but it doesn't necessarily have to be a bodyweight workout. I'm thinking something fun like dance based cardio exercises, maybe yoga (still haven't checked out that studio...) and counting my weekly walks with Silver as well. Not only for my physical well being but my mental and emotional well being. The best type of exercise routine is one you will actually do! Sooner or later I'll work through the anxiety and pick up bodyweight things again, but for now I'm going to tread carefully.

My eating habit, oh yeesh. I was doing so good until vacation! I did do my paleo days this week, don't get me wrong, but since vacation I'm having cravings. Sugar cravings, carb cravings, soda cravings. No no no nononono. Granted this being compounded with normal hormone fluctuations where I would have sugar cravings means it's worse than it actually would be... eh. I'm going to have to find some way to work with paleo outside of home. Eating out, and particularly eating at Disney, I find to be really difficult. Not sure how I'm going to frame my eating habits for next challenge... maybe go back to doing at least one paleo meal a day, but that seems too easy. Gonna have to think on this one. 

I looooooove making new healthy recipes, but I feel like I'm running out of ideas. Next challenge I'm just going to cook a healthy meal at least once a week. Being that I have never been the primary cook at the house and my ma really likes the break I want to keep it up. I'm still going to try new things, but it doesn't always have to be brand new to me!

I'm not certain I'll keep meditation as part of my next challenge. Not that I won't continue doing it, I do find it very helpful. I think I might make self-care my life challenge, meditation can be part of self care. I just don't know how to quantify self-care or grade myself on it. It is however something that I need to do. More thought will need to be put into this. 

My biggest successes this challenge were that I made an awesome new friend (silvermoonlady9) that I can actually go see! Also I went down a dress size, and looked awesome in a dress at my best buddies wedding.

I will be remaining with the Assassins next challenge, if they'll have me! I quite like it here, and in the long run conquering my bodyweight is still a major goal of mine. See you guys next week!

--Level 3 Achieved--

• Like 2

~Kurai~

Tumblr | Art Tumblr

Just caught up with your most recent posts and you're looking amazing in that dress! :D Also congrats on completing the second challenge, it's always a good feeling to get to the end of a six-week run. If you're looking for new places to try and get workouts in, then maybe use this break week as a testing ground for any local active places like that dance studio you mentioned. But so long as you're active and moving at some point during the day you'll be on the right track no matter what. :)

Can't wait to join you in the Assassin's Guild next time, feel like I'm entering a really awesome guild here!! :D

• Like 1

NF Challenges!

2015 | 1 | 2 | 3 |

2016 | 4 | 5 |

2017 | 6 | 7 |

tumblr art | deviantart | twitter

Thanks guys! I am still wrangling ideas for next challenge, it's gonna be good!

You'll love it here Spikings! Assassins for the win! We've got some really awesome inspirational peeps here too. I dream of aerials, but I've got no arm strength to do it yet. Or leg strength. Hah. Just have to work up to it!

• Like 1

~Kurai~

Tumblr | Art Tumblr