Well I fell down over the past coupld of months, so now I have to get back up and start pretty much all over again. That is what this challenge will be about for me. Getting up getting back on track and getting consistent and getting my weight off. Steve’s article on being strong nerds with the link to the Henry Rollins ‘Iron and the Soul’ really touched a nerve for me. I need to do this so I can feel like Henry did in his article. I need to do this so I can say look at my success over my body, my laziness, my self. I need to do this so I can be the example my six kids need me to be. I need to do this for my Rebbecca, so she has the best me as her partner.

I need to get back up off the dirt and start again, because I AM NOT A LOSER. Losers lay in the dirt whining, winners get up and fight again. I AM GETTING UP.

First Goal: Get up and Walk

I have stopped walking consistently. I am not even making my 10,000 steps per day. I have a perfectly good driveway walk, 1.5km [just under a mile] in length. Hel I used to walk 5km per day. Last year I had even started running. I need to get this back.

This goal will be in two parts. The first is the number of walks up my driveway. The second is the average number of steps per day [calculated over a week]. At the moment my weekly step count daily average is a measely 6500. That has to go up. I am also struggling to get any walks in at all.

There are four points up for grabs for me here, two for Constitution and two for Stamina.

Critical Hit: 4 points

6-7 walks/week

10,000+ average daily steps

Hit: 3 points

4-5 walks/week

9,000+ average daily steps

Dodge: 2 points

2-3 walks/week

8,000+ average daily steps

Block: 1 point

1 walk/week

7,000+ average daily steps

Miss: 0 points

No walks

Less than 7,000 average daily steps

Second Goal: Get up and Workout

I have to get up and rebuild all of my strength. I am getting to fat for my 92/36 jeans. I am too fat for my xl/2xl t-shirts. This is due to me not working out regularly anymore. I need to get up and workout. I have recently started doing a morning body weight routine, this consists of 20 incline push ups, 10 lunges and 20 squats. I want to extend this into the a full BBWW, with rows and a plank. I want to keep this going as a daily routine. I do need to add extra to my weekly routine.

I love burpees; they have to be the ultimate bodyweight total body exercise around. I plan to use them as a Hiit workout. Over the past couple of weeks I have been doing just this, with 4 sets of 30 seconds [which works out to 4 burpees per set] once per week. I want to do this three times per week.

I also need to do a strength workout. I want to do this twice a week.  I love using the kettlebell and my hammer. So I have created a simple routine to use both of these tools. This routine will consist of Hammer Wielding Maniacs as a warm up followed by; Hammer Kisses, Grave Diggers, Wood Chops, Goblet Squats, Kettlebell Swings and Turkish Get Ups.

This also has four points available. Two for strength and two for stamina.

Critical Hit: 4 points

4-5 total workouts any combination per week

Hit: 3 points

3 workouts any combination per week

Dodge: 2 points

2 workouts any combination per week

Block: 1 point

1 workout any combination per week

No workouts.

Third Goal: Get up and be creative

I have started getting back into going to the markets and selling my crafts again. But I need more stock. That means taking time out to make stuff. Which means time engraving glass, wood burning and shaping faux bone pendants. Not to mention putting the pendants on necklaces. This is a time-orientated goal. Time spent doing my crafts rather than selling or researching. I will also post pictures of items made each week.

There will be three points available here. All going towards wisdom, as using my time well is an act of wisdom.

Critical Hit: 3 points

3+ hours per week

Hit: 2 points

2-3 hours per week

Dodge: 1 points

1-2 hours per week

Less than 1 hour per week

Life Goal: Get up and start building garden beds.

The next six weeks is the right time [in my area] to start getting garden beds ready for planting winter crops. I want to build and set up one garden bed per fortnight. That is three beds made for this challenge.

I don’t need to explain the importance of home grown veggies to everyone here on Nerd Fitness. I do need to post pictures of each garden bed made as proof of completion.

H’mm where to allocate points here? Dexterity could work for the ability to make the beds, as could Stamina. Charisma for the benefits of doing something for my family would also count [my Bec would be very happy]. Constitution for the benefits of home grown food, wisdom for the application of knowledge of the importance growing food. Strength for the lifting and carrying of beds and fertilizer and so forth..

Bugger it. I am going with one point for dexterity, one point for wisdom and one point for stamina.

Critical Hit: 3 points

Three beds made

Hit: 2 points

Two beds made

Dodge: 1 points

One bed made

No beds made.

Which will leave me with one point to attribute to whichever attribute I wish based upon the completion of the challenge. 

• Like 2

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Nice challenge! I really liked the Henry Rollins article too. It is just getting to the season for me to start seeds indoors. Planning out my garden is always an exciting time. I have build five 4'x4' raised beds and three 4x 10 raised beds over the last three years. Can't wait to see the pics of yours.

The last point you have to give yourself should be an "A" for awesomeness!

Good luck!

• Like 1

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

Love the goals...following along

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: CUTE adjusts

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 68

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Welcome back!!

• Like 1

Some kind of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47

howareyoudoing

• Like 1

Some kind of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47

Here is the link to my creativity album. 

• Like 1

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

My week one update has up and disappeared on me.

As this has disappeared I will repost it. I am glad I have a copy of it on my pc.

Week One wrap up:

A slow comeback for me this challenge. I have had issues with insomnia, which is unusual for me. This led to the natural lack of energy and desire to do things. Sleeping is still being problematic, so I may need to pay more attention to my bedtime routine.

Goal One: Get up and Walk - BLOCK

Only one walk this week with an average of 7688 steps per day. I have managed a block this week.

Goal Two: Get up and Workout - BLOCK

Again a poor result, with only one Burpee hiit session done. I am struggling with this part. This is also a block for week one.

That being said I had four BBWW morning sessions completed last week, so I am getting some basic exercise in. For those who don’t know, on weekday mornings as part of my get kids ready for school routine I have been doing one round of the nerd fitness Basic Body Weight Workout. Which consists of plank until failure [45-55 seconds for me currently], 20 one arm rows [i am using a 10kg dumbbell], 20 lunges, 20 incline push ups, and finally 20 squats.

Goal Three: Get up and be Creative - HIT

Here I have done much better. I have spent about three hours last week creating stuff. I am not including the time looking for design ideas. Just actual work spent creating designs and making the products. I have posted my work on Facebook, and will repost here. Two to three hours is a Hit in my scoring system.

Life Goal: Get up and make Garden Beds – BLOCK

No garden beds made this week, however I did spend an hour mowing my front yard, and set up two tyres for planting out. Technically I could call this a dodge as I do have garden beds and mowing done, however I have chosen to go for a no point block. I have achieved something along the lines of my goal, but not the planned veggie beds.

Food wise I am averaging about 7085kj per day, my macros are as follows: carbs 39%, proteins 24% and fats 37%. I am really quite happy with these percentages.

Finally I have lost 1kg [2.2lb] for the week, next Saturday is my monthly official weigh and measurement day. 

• Like 1

Just keep at it.  Successes will turn into habits!!!

Some kind of Jedi .....

Just listened to the Vienna Teng song in your signature Chris-Tien Jinn. Beautiful. I needed to hear that today.

A late week two wrap up.

Goal One: Get up and Walk – DODGE

Only three walks in this week and an average of 8387 steps per day. This is an improvement over week one. Need to keep going like this to reach my goals.

Goal Two: Get up and Workout – DODGE

One Burpee Hiit workout and one Kettlebell strength workout. I also got all my morning BBWW routines done. Again I have improved from last week.

Goal Three: Get up and be Creative – CRITICAL HIT

I put in a good 3 – 4 hours work in this week I am getting some stuff made. A friend works in a small new age shop in a town about 3 hours away and they are interested in some of my glasswork. Another place to sell some of my art.

Life Goal: Get up and start building Garden Beds – MISS

No garden beds made, just more mowing and watering. Sigh

Finally food wise I am averaging about 7903kj per day and my macros are averaging out to Carbs: 47%, Proteins: 20%, Fats: 33%. I just need to nudge those proteins up more and carbs lower to be close to my ideal.

Oh and I now weigh 115.8kg.

Knotwork Love heart with Thistle

knotwork pendant

My two favourite pieces that I worked on in the second week of this challenge.

• Like 3

Wow - those are gorgeous!!!

Some kind of Jedi .....