Gilly Recharges her Life: Chapter 2

GillyNomad

My 2013 to 2014 photos 

So Chapter 1 was a mix of good and bad. I started off really well and lost it at the end. The only part of my challenge that I really succeeded in was Quest 3: Only drinking Water. 

So the great thing about that is I'm onto the next step for my diet plans. 

The other quests I had, looking back, seemed a bit too complex. I expected too much. I started off the challenge really well, simply because I was still on holiday from work. When I got back to work I realised it was so much harder to keep up with the goals I set and is one of the reasons why I think towards the end I almost just stopped caring about the challenge. 

So for this chapter I am going to, hopefully, make things a bit more simple and it starts with 2 quests and a life quest. 

Quest 1: Dumbbell Division twice a week

I haven't had a proper routine in awhile for my workouts, effectively making it up just before, so this time round I am sticking with a routine from the NF Academy. 

Still only doing 2 a week as I can't even consistently complete this yet. 

Quest 2: No chocolate/sweets

Last challenge was only water. This challenge I tackle the sweet tooth. Since starting work I have been eating so much chocolate or sweets that I need to change. This will be hard as there is so much temptation but I did manage this about 9 months ago for 2/3 months before my exams hit and the stress called for chocolate.

Life Quest: 5 minutes German Practice a day

Last challenge I said learn german 3x a week - it didn't really work as there was no timings associated to that. So I am going for small doses more often. 

That's my challenge.
  • Like 1

Where can you find me?:  My Twitter  /  My Blog

Seem like solid goals, I've found that for me just not having them in my apartment is about the best "motivation" that I can manage, because if I buy them I know I will eat them all (normally in one sitting >_<) so I just decided to stop buying sweets all together and its really helped :) Another is that If its exam stress that is causing you to break you could try mentally swapping "I'm stressed so I need chocolate" with "I'm stressed so I need to go the the gym/ go for a walk" I know its hard during exams but I found that during my exams even if I only went for 10min when I would normally go for 1h keeping up the routine really helped with my stress levels. Good luck!! :)

Half-Elf: Ranger/Assassin

Challenges: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6a] [6b] [7] [8] [8.5] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [ --> Battle Log]

Old Battle Logs [2017] New Battle Log 2018: Reforged

DragonForging My Life: Epic Quests [Google D] Epic Quests [NF]

Lifter Profile [Symmetric Strength] Racer Profile [Athlinks] Body Comp [G-Sheet] Running Stats [G-Sheet]

Unfortunately I am back living with my parent's in their house. I graduated uni in the summer so thankfully no more exams for me which will help my stress levels. But because I am back living with my parents and sister I don't have a say in what food is kept in the house.

When I was at uni, I did what you have said and just didn't buy it for the house. It worked like a charm. It's partly why I managed to conquer the fizzy drink monster. When my exams hit, I just focused all my attention on that and my health took a back seat for a month. 

I think one of the main issues I have is boredom. When I am at work, I seem to eat for no real reason but I have yet to find a way to stop this.   

Workout today:

Workout A  

• Goblet Squat 8/ 8/ 8
  • DB Bench Press 8/ 8/ 8
  • Push Ups 3 (7)/ 10/ 10
  • Plank 25/ 30/ 30
  • Band Ass Pull Ups 5 (3)/ 4 (4)/ 2 (6)

Note:

• Goblet Squat and DB bench Press had weight of 3kg.
  • Push Ups in brackets are Incline Push Ups.
  • Band Assisted Pull Ups in brackets are Band Assisted Negatives.

10 minutes of German Practice

Strengthened my plurals and Animal sections. 

No chocolate

Avoided temptation. 

• Like 2

Hey there,

great goals. What helped me in the past to avoid sugary temptation at work was to keep all coins at home and only have bills (the vending machine didn't accept those) No clue what you can do about your parents house though... maybe ask them to cooperate and keep all the candy somewhere not so obvious?

Reduce Body fat from 25% to 19% (7 skin fold)

0%
0%

Urban Monkey | Level 3 Aspiring Assassin

STR 8.4 | DEX 5.5 | STA 6 | CON 7,75 | WIS 1,5 | CHA 2.25 ]

My current challenge

1 | 2 | 3

Going good so far! Keep it up :) That chocolate demon's got nothing on you!

• Like 1

Half-Elf: Ranger/Assassin

Challenges: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6a] [6b] [7] [8] [8.5] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [ --> Battle Log]

Old Battle Logs [2017] New Battle Log 2018: Reforged

DragonForging My Life: Epic Quests [Google D] Epic Quests [NF]

Lifter Profile [Symmetric Strength] Racer Profile [Athlinks] Body Comp [G-Sheet] Running Stats [G-Sheet]

Hey there,

great goals. What helped me in the past to avoid sugary temptation at work was to keep all coins at home and only have bills (the vending machine didn't accept those) No clue what you can do about your parents house though... maybe ask them to cooperate and keep all the candy somewhere not so obvious?

Unfortunately, where I work I either use my card for lunch or cash (if I am on a clients site) so it makes it slightly harder. To be honest I can normally handle not buying it simply because I don't want to spend the money (keeping my money is more important to me).

The problem is the sweets/chocolate that people bring into the office and leave on the desks. If I am particularly stressed I forget/don't care and end up eating loads. I'm doing OK so far. The three week mark will most likely be the hardest. 

Workout today:

Workout B  

• DB Deadlift 8/ 8/ 8
  • DB Push Press 8/ 8/ 8
  • DB Lunge 20/ 20/ 20
  • Band Ass Pull Ups 5 (3)/ 5 (3)/ 4 (4)
  • Hanging Knee Tucks 10/ 5/ 10

Note:

• DB Deadlift, DB Push Press and DB Lunge had weight of 3kg.

Also added another 175 mountain climbers to my tally for the mini-challenge.

5 minutes of German Practice

Strengthened my food and completed some flash cards.

Need to find an easy way to document all that I'm learning! 

No chocolate

Avoided temptation.

The problem is the sweets/chocolate that people bring into the office and leave on the desks. If I am particularly stressed I forget/don't care and end up eating loads. I'm doing OK so far. The three week mark will most likely be the hardest. 

The brought in stuff is always the hardest. Because they bring it, and it sits there and stares at you.

Great start to the challenge!

Pixie Warrior 

I aim to misbehave

My NF Character, My Current Challenge

May I ask what you're using for the German practice? I use Duolingo off and on, but my schedule's gotten super busy lately. 5-minute lessons sound good!

I am actually using Duolingo - normally in the 5 minutes I can complete 1 lesson. But I didn't want to commit to one lesson a day so am using 5 minutes a day instead (A lot easier to do now they don't have the hearts!).

Especially as there are the 'Strengthen skills' i.e. practice what you've already learnt or use flashcards to work on words only. 

The brought in stuff is always the hardest. Because they bring it, and it sits there and stares at you.

Great start to the challenge!

It's the worst. I'm coping well so far, thankfully not many people have gone on holiday yet...that's normally when food appears as they bring back edible gifts for the workplace. 

Thanks!

Pretty good first week. 

Managed to avoid temptation with chocolate/sweets. Has actually (so far) been easier than I thought. My first problem was buying when I bought lunch but even though I glance at the chocolate isle I have yet to give in. So pretty proud of that.

The 5 minutes German is definitely working for me, although I do have to put on my warrior face and complete the 20 seconds Berserker Mode on a regular basis to make sure I sit and do it. I am slowly learning.

I am also loving the dumbbells! I kinda forgot my love for them when I came back for uni, but now I am using them again and it feels great!

Workout A  

• Goblet Squat 8/ 8/ 8
  • DB Bench Press 8/ 8/ 8
  • Push Ups 12/ 10/ 10
  • Plank 30/ 30/ 30
  • Band Ass Pull Ups 4 (4)/ 5 (3)/ 3 (5)

Note:

• Goblet Squat and DB bench Press had weight of 4kg.

5 minutes revising the lessons I have already completed

No chocolate

Avoided temptation. 

Workout today:

Workout B  

• DB Deadlift 8/ 8/ 8
  • DB Push Press 8/ 8/ 8
  • DB Lunge 20/ 20/ 20
  • Band Ass Pull Ups 6 (2)/ 5 (3)/ 5 (3)
  • Hanging Knee Tucks 10/ 10/ 6

Note:

• DB Deadlift, DB Push Press and DB Lunge had weight of 4kg.

I really didn't want to workout today but when I got in the house my dad asked if I was working out and I said yes...which meant I had a time limit to work too as dinner gets delayed on the days I work out. So I completed it and actually felt pretty good most of the way through although those Hanging Tucks are awful. Really cut up my hands! 

Completed Adjectives: Predicative Lesson 4 and reviewed Flash Cards. First time I have got all the words on the flash cards right!

No chocolate

Avoided temptation.

*knock knock*

I like your goals. I'm not an assassin yet. ( I'll decide after my first challenge.) But I'm from Germany and if you need any help learning the language just message me.

I can try to answer your questions. And Talk to you in German.

I stumbled accross you, when I searched for somebody who can help me with my fencing. I'm not a creepy stalker ^^

Viel Erfolg mit deinen Zielen!

Gruß Kate

Edit: Oh and I'm trying to keep away from choclate this challenge, too. Good luck.

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

*knock knock*

I like your goals. I'm not an assassin yet. ( I'll decide after my first challenge.) But I'm from Germany and if you need any help learning the language just message me.

I can try to answer your questions. And Talk to you in German.

I stumbled accross you, when I searched for somebody who can help me with my fencing. I'm not a creepy stalker ^^

Viel Erfolg mit deinen Zielen!

Gruß Kate

Edit: Oh and I'm trying to keep away from choclate this challenge, too. Good luck.

Thanks! I'm still in the early process but may take you up on that offer later on :)

Keeping away from chocolate is hard...so I'll need that luck :P