Gilly Recharges her Life: Chapter 2

GillyNomad

Rest day

German Practice

Strengthened my skills during my lunch break!

No chocolate

Saw Wicked tonight and decided to allow myself a treat, so had a few Malteasers and some a small pot of ice cream. The ice cream wasn't very satisfying so can definitely see myself not eating that again in the near future. 

• Like 1

Where can you find me?:  My Twitter  /  My Blog

Been a long time since i have completed a workout...and didn't really want to do one. But when I text my dad to say I'd be home on a later train he asked if I was exercising and I quickly wrote Yes...meaning I had a commitment with a time limit. So I came home, sucked it up and completed my workout. That last set of push ups were sooooo hard!

Workout A  

• Goblet Squat 8/ 8/ 8
  • DB Bench Press 8/ 8/ 8
  • Push Ups 10/ 10/ 10
  • Plank 35/ 35/ 35
  • Band Ass Pull Ups 5 (3)/ 5 (3)/ 4 (4)

Note:

• Goblet Squat and DB bench Press had weight of 5kg.
  • Push Ups in brackets are Incline Push Ups.
  • Band Assisted Pull Ups in brackets are Band Assisted Negatives.

10 minutes of German Practice

Documented Basics 2 - Lessons 1-3

No chocolate

Avoided temptation. 

*woot woot* for fitting in this workout, although you didn't want to.

You are sounding a little down. Or is it just me...

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

*woot woot* for fitting in this workout, although you didn't want to.

You are sounding a little down. Or is it just me...

I'm not feeling great at the moment. Work is busy and I just feel knackered all the time. 

I, unfortunately, don't have anyone other than my family to talk too so a lot of what I'm feeling kind of gets bottled up. It's also...week 3 (I think) normally the worst part of a challenge for me. The fact that I am still posting to this page is a win itself, as I normally disappear in the middle. 

The past week has been pretty hard. I have been feeling so tired that my mind and body seem to be lagging a bit. 

I only completed one of my two workouts, mainly due to family and work commitments during the week, although I don't really have an excuse for the weekend. 

I also missed two German practice sessions - again missing 5 minutes practice, I don't have a valid reason. It's been a bit slow on this front as I realised I needed somewhere to note everything I was learning so if I struggled I could remind myself. I have been gong back through the lessons and jotting everything down but this takes more time than I thought, possibly because I am not engaging properly due to tiredness. 

Avoiding chocolate/sweets has been going great. I am not snacking outside of what I bring to work which is a good first step. 

Needless to say, it's been a long week. 

Workout today:

Workout B  

• DB Deadlift 8/ 8
  • DB Push Press 8/ 8
  • DB Lunge 20/ 20
  • Band Ass Pull Ups 7 (1)/ 4 (4)

Note:

• DB Deadlift, DB Push Press and DB Lunge had weight of 5kg.
  • Band Assisted Pull Ups in brackets are Band Assisted Negatives.

I only managed two circuits. My body just felt exhausted after the second circuit that I felt if I carried on I would hurt myself so I stopped. 

5 minutes of German Practice

Documented Food: Lesson 1

No chocolate

Avoided temptation.

Oh, man. Weeks like this suck. I hope you feel better soon. I don't talk about my problems with my family, because we are kind of from different planets. Usually when something really bothers me, I visit some friends. When I've "bottled up" too much, I tend to spill it all out. But spmetomes it just helps to get out of the usual environment and have a good time with people you like.

Perhaps it can help you to take a walk somewhere in silence. Or you like to go dancing. Sometimes I just dance my frustration away. You are to only one, who can now, what is good for you. If you need some one to talk, than you should search for this person. Family, friends, internet buddys, ... It depends on what you need. Because you are important.

Edit: on don't be too hard on yourself. Don't feeling well mental can strain you as much as being ill. Because what ever we bottle up, it seems to nag us constantly and drains our energy.

You kept from sweets. You fit in some workout and you learned a little. That's better than nothing. It's even good, when a gremlin is haunting you.

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

Yesterday

Rest day

Documented Food - lessons 2-4

No chocolate

Avoided temptation.

Today:

Mini-Workout

20 reps of Sidekicks/Squats/Toe Tap Hops/Mountain climbers x3 (20 second break between each set)

Didn't feel up to a proper workout so did a bit of cardio instead. Legs were like jelly when I finished..kinda proves how little I do for cardio at the moment. 

Documented Food - lesson 5 and Animals

No chocolate

Had a chocolate bar after dinner.