Citizen 18ck: Power to the People!

18ck

Aww, that stinks! Sorry Flyer!

You did have more goals, right?

One of our new Scouts is doing Spanish as a goal, you should find out who she is cause I can't remember as I'm typing this and am feeling particularly lazy atm.

Beware the DOMS!

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

Today: circuits (ouch! I usually have 2 days between weights and circuits but it was only one this week and god did I feel the difference!) Political podcasts (boo! lazy! Use your eyes!) from the Spectator and Radio 4, Portuguese Flashcards. What were my other goals again?

By the way, C25K should have resumed yesterday because Flyer's leg was better. But tragedy struck when she had a collision with another girl in the PE lesson and now she has a big graze and a huge bruise on her knee so I don't know when we'll be starting again. She didn't even go to dance class today, which is pretty serious!

Oh no! Hope she's feeling better soon!

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

Aww, that stinks! Sorry Flyer!

You did have more goals, right?

One of our new Scouts is doing Spanish as a goal, you should find out who she is cause I can't remember as I'm typing this and am feeling particularly lazy atm.

Beware the DOMS!

Not so much DOMS as jelly arms. Funny how it goes, eh? Wednesday, even lifting a baby giraffe, Yesterday, millions of Push-ups, today too weak to rip open a packet of M&S Crumpets.

• Like 2

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Oh no! Hope she's feeling better soon!

Thanks. Still a bit sore today. Hoping we'll get some running in this weekend.

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Good morning, 18ck. Have a wonderful day.

[emoji14]eaceful:

Thanks, I did. I hope yours was as good.

Teri, shouldn't you be sleeping?

Hope flyer recovers quickly and gets back to having all the fun!

Thanks. And Yeah, Teri, what was it o'clock in Vermont when you posted that? Like 4AM or something?

Thanks. And Yeah, Teri, what was it o'clock in Vermont when you posted that? Like 4AM or something?

Yeah, afraid so. A rough night. New gig house, cold as all get out room and a little woah-is-me for leaving the gig earlier which I now love doing.

The day has improved some, but still pretty tired and the pup messed up her front left paw. So now, we're taking it easy, hoping it will calm down. Can't tell if it's an abrasion or if she strained a muscle. She doesn't even want to use it so I'm leaning toward muscle although I don't know her as this is my first time with her. So more than you needed to know, but that's why we're nerds!

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

So today was a (very) short, (not very) fast run, the Daily Wail (oh god, the things I do for this forum, I tell you!) plus the Guardian Politics Weekly and the RTP "Revista Da Semana" (weekly review) which was bafflingly fast and incomprehensible.

The Mail wasn't as bad as I expected but really took every possible opportunity to bash the NHS, the BBC, and all the other things that make Britain - in spite of everything - the world's Top Nation*. The only thing missing was a personal attack in Stephen Fry. Oh and Richard Littlejohn made a little bit of sick come up in my mouth, but *grits teeth* it was good to get another perspective on the news.

*you may dispute this but you can't argue with FACTS!

Yeah, afraid so. A rough night. New gig house, cold as all get out room and a little woah-is-me for leaving the gig earlier which I now love doing.

The day has improved some, but still pretty tired and the pup messed up her front left paw. So now, we're taking it easy, hoping it will calm down. Can't tell if it's an abrasion or if she strained a muscle. She doesn't even want to use it so I'm leaning toward muscle although I don't know her as this is my first time with her. So more than you needed to know, but that's why we're nerds!

Blimey, well, I hope things improve. I'm off to bed soon. Make sure you're in bed at a sensible hour. I'll want a full report!
  • Like 1

"Daddy, you smell like a champion. Sweaty."

• Like 2

Sir, yes, Sir!

Nite 18ck family.

Night!

Not so much DOMS as jelly arms. Funny how it goes, eh? Wednesday, even lifting a baby giraffe, Yesterday, millions of Push-ups, today too weak to rip open a packet of M&S Crumpets.

Haha! I totally get that. I've been working on rope climbing a lot, which is supposed to improve your grip. After a day of hard training, my grip was so "improved" that I had to use pliers to open a bottle of root beer water (of course it was water!).
  • Like 1

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

Haha! I totally get that. I've been working on rope climbing a lot, which is supposed to improve your grip. After a day of hard training, my grip was so "improved" that I had to use pliers to open a bottle of root beer water (of course it was water!).

Opening bottles? Isn't that what your teeth are for?
  • Like 1

Daddy you smell like a champion. I love how children just cut to the chase. I have been told after many a run that I am stinky and need to go take a shower.

Mm, stop me if you've heard this one before but one of the things that first spurred me to sort my life out was when she was very little and just learning the art of complimenting people on their looks. One day she saw me with my shirt off and said "Oh, Daddy, I see you're growing your boobies big like mummy!"
  • Like 4

Hermione my wife says i stink lol

Tell her to go for a run too then you'll both pong and she won't notice.

Hello Flolloper, how is your Portuguese going? Out of curiosity, which resources are you using?

Not bad, thanks. I used to try and use a lot of books and things that were like the way I learned schoolboy French, Latin and the very little Spanish I know, but it's too dry and I kept neglecting it, so lately I have moved on to using some Michel Thomas CDs, which are great as a way of developing sentence-construction without too much grappling with grammar. I also listen to podcasts of RTP radio shows, read books and just generally try and expose myself to as much language as possible. I'm on a site called italki too, which I heard about via Benny the Irish Polyglot's Language Hacking League. On italki you can meet other language learners and swap conversation over Skype, and that's good. The only real rote-learning I do is using a flashcard app called Memrise.

The complicating factor with Portuguese is that, like English, the language is heavily dominated by the cultural output of a very large, populous former colonial possession in the Americas, so I have to make sure the things I read and watch are printed in Lisboa and not Rio de Janeiro, to avoid confusion. I had a look at Duolingo a while back and it's Portuguese course is all Brazilian.

• Like 1

Today was quite weak for Portuguese. Basically, I just listened to that Revista da semana again and didn't understand it any more than last time, but I did a decent interval run I spite of continuing DOMS, and I read the Independent cover to cover and filleted the serious bits of private eye. I got hold of The Week as well, and that'll probably be tomorrow's breakfast read.

• Like 1

Mm, stop me if you've heard this one before but one of the things that first spurred me to sort my life out was when she was very little and just learning the art of complimenting people on their looks. One day she saw me with my shirt off and said "Oh, Daddy, I see you're growing your boobies big like mummy!"

I didn't know that!!!!  You weren't always this mega-fitness machine? Seriously, I want to be like you if I ever grow up.  ;-)  I'd be interested in knowing more about your journey!

HermioneCrusher: Level 4 Human Witch Scout

Current Challenge: HermioneCrusher conjures new food

Previous Challenges: 4 3 2 1

STR 5 | DEX 7 | STA 12 | CON 4 | WIS 7 | CHA 4