Citizen 18ck: Power to the People!

18ck

Exercise: meh, just the cycling.

Citizenship: gave blood, read some editorials, listened to some podcasts

Portuguese: one podcast and played Trivia crack in Portuguese against a load of Brazilians and did surprisingly well.

• Like 1

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

When does your marathon training start?

When I was born

*gazes off to horizon*

• Like 3

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Cursory update:

On the plus side, I dud some weights training, targeting pull-ups, did my Portuguese quiz thing, and took in the day's news from the BBC. On the negative, ate too much and slept too little.

When I was born

*gazes off to horizon*

*ding ding ding* We have found the best answer!

Nice shirt, I have two regular NF shirts and when I wear them it is a reminder to be working on my fitness goals (and besides they are the most comfortable material!).

• Like 1

Level 26, Primal Ultra Trail Scout, Non-Binary Robot

Sleep man! It's good for what ails ya. lol

The Portuguese is coming along nicely.

Yep. Another short night last night. And I'm feeling it too. Tch!

*ding ding ding* We have found the best answer!

Nice shirt, I have two regular NF shirts and when I wear them it is a reminder to be working on my fitness goals (and besides they are the most comfortable material!).

I must admit, I don't find the Nf shirts that good for exercise. They're not really breathable enough if you're hot, and they're not technical, so I tend to keep them for wearing around the house.

So yesterday I went to a political hustings with all the local candidates talking about business issues. It was really useful and much better than - say - watching a TV debate where everyone is sticking to the party line.

To get there I had a fast half-hour cycle ride over some stiff hills so that was a good workout but it was my only exercise of the day.

On the Portuguese front, I've been playing that Portuguese quiz game a lot and I had a text chat with another player. So all in all, not too bad.

• Like 1

I must admit, I don't find the Nf shirts that good for exercise. They're not really breathable enough if you're hot, and they're not technical, so I tend to keep them for wearing around the house.

Yeah, I don't run in them either (except short runs and I am already wearing it).

• Like 2

Level 26, Primal Ultra Trail Scout, Non-Binary Robot

Today was the last circuit session of the season because it's now light enough for evening rowing. Anyway, I made it and it was a good, stiff workout, especially after cycling for an hour to get there.

I've done some Portuguese reading and I've watched the leadership debate and Question Time, so I'm hitting the big three again.

• Like 2

Good day.

I've been using you as my rowing partner at the gym when I warm-up or do cardio. You're quite good if you must know! hehe

Whew! No wonder I'm so tired!
  • Like 1

All work and no running make 18ck a dull boy. All work and no running make 18ck a dull boy. All work and no running make 18ck a dull boy. All work and no running make 18ck a dull boy. All work and no running make 18ck a dull boy. All work and no running make 18ck a dull boy. All work and no running make 18ck a dull boy. All work and no running make 18ck a dull boy. All work and no running make 18ck a dull boy. All work and no running make 18ck a dull boy. All work and no running make 18ck a dull boy. All work and no running make 18ck a dull boy. All work and no running make 18ck a dull boy. All work and no running make 18ck a dull boy. All work and no running make 18ck a dull boy. All work and no running make 18ck a dull boy. All work and no running make 18ck a dull boy. All work and no running make 18ck a dull boy. All work and no running make 18ck a dull boy. All work and no running make 18ck a dull boy. All work and no running make 18ck a dull boy. All work and no running make 18ck a dull boy. All work and no running make 18ck a dull boy. All work and no running make 18ck a dull boy. All work and no running make 18ck a dull boy. All work and no running make 18ck a dull boy. All work and no running make 18ck a dull boy. All work and no running make 18ck a dull boy. All work and no running make 18ck a dull boy. All work and no running make 18ck a dull boy. All work and no running make 18ck a dull boy. All work and no running make 18ck a dull boy. All work and no running make 18ck a dull boy. All work and no running make 18ck a dull boy. All work and no running make 18ck a dull boy. All work and no running make 18ck a dull boy. All work and no running make 18ck a dull boy. All work and no running make 18ck a dull boy. All work and no running make 18ck a dull boy. All work and no running make 18ck a dull boy. All work and no running make 18ck a dull boy.

• Like 3

The t-shirt's pretty good isn't it? TPTB started offering them about a year ago and it's a testament to my stubbornness that I'm still here, and haven't gone off to a rival site. Oh yes, I've had offers you know. Runners world offered me some compression socks if I'd be a mod over there, and Rowingrelated offered me all the rigger-jiggers I could eat, but I said "no, Staci has promised me a shirt and by golly I'm going to earn it" Well, now I've got it, so I'm outta here, suckaaaaaaz!

Ha ha!  That shirt is really awesome.   Do you really have offers from other sites?  I didn't even realize there were competitor sites. This was the first one I found and felt right at home.  Long live nerds!!

Good day.

I've been using you as my rowing partner at the gym when I warm-up or do cardio. You're quite good if you must know! hehe

Wait, I want both of you to be my workout buddies.  Teri for weights and 18ck for running.  Is this some sort of new virtual reality thing that I haven't learned about yet?  ;-)

HermioneCrusher: Level 4 Human Witch Scout

Current Challenge: HermioneCrusher conjures new food

Previous Challenges: 4 3 2 1

STR 5 | DEX 7 | STA 12 | CON 4 | WIS 7 | CHA 4

Yup, I'm making it a fad on NF.

While exercising or trying to get to my workout, I imagine NF Nerds with me. They cheer me on, make me laugh, get me pushing hard, and wanting more sweat running down my body.

You should try it and see if it works for you.

• Like 2

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

Ha ha! That shirt is really awesome. Do you really have offers from other sites? I didn't even realize there were competitor sites. This was the first one I found and felt right at home. Long live nerds!!

Wait, I want both of you to be my workout buddies. Teri for weights and 18ck for running. Is this some sort of new virtual reality thing that I haven't learned about yet? ;-)

I think Teri really needs to launch this as an app, doesn't she? What we would it be called though?

I've had another mojoless, lazy day. Actually, no, not lazy, but I decided I was just going to tidy the living shit out of the house, declutter and sort out some long-standing chores, so I did and I feel a lot better, although not a lot thinner. Tomorrow is raining and the clocks go forward by an hour, which makes it a pain that tomorrow, of all days, is the day Im stewarding at a race, so I'm up in five hours to get wet, but it has to be done.

Portuguese: yes, lots.

Citizenship: read the guardian.

• Like 2

It was a thoroughly enjoyable experience, despite the agony of the alarm at such an early hour. The rain wasn't as bad as I expected but string enough to make.me pretty damp by the time I arrived. i ended up working in the baggage tent so I wasn't as exposed as some, and I got to work out my arms by lugging stuff about. The winner came in at 68 minutes and we were busy shortly after that with a flood of people. Then at about three hours the strong winds knocked down the inflatable finishing arch and I had to hold this Collapsing bag above my head to let runners under until there was enough time to drag the whole thing to the side. I felt a bit sorry for the remains runners though because to them it looked like wed just decided to dismantle the course before they had finished.

Anyway, when it was all over I went home in my bike, stopping on the way to buy a book by Green MP* to read as part of my citizenship goal. Hey, I'm enjoying being in touch with the outside world. There's a chance that - like brushing my teeth - it will become a kind of habit.

Oh and I have read some Portuguese including this article about a friend of the family http://www.publico.pt/sociedade/noticia/subsidios-publicos-podem-reduzir-a-dependencia-dos-media-1689827

In the evening I tried to interest Flyer in a run but she was out off by Mrs 18ck's description of being blown all over y the wind so we just went out and did some pull-ups, balancing, handstands, etc.

Só not terrible but not really hitting the exercise I should be doing and I haven't even told you what I ate. Dear oh dear.

*=I mean she's a member of parliament for the Green Party. She doesn't look like this or anything

102fb273d3efe901d75e48f913070a96.jpg

• Like 2

You're a frequent cyclist-have you heard of Lifepaint? I just saw this video where you spray this clear paint on your bike (and clothes, if you wish) and it creates a reflective coat that makes you highly visible at night when in a car's headlights. Seemed like something to look into if you often bike at night.

Life-paint.jpg

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

. Hey, I'm enjoying being in touch with the outside world. There's a chance that - like brushing my teeth - it will become a kind of habit.

*Gak*

I meant flossing. I've always brushed, obvs. Whatever you might have heard about British teeth... No.

• Like 2

You're a frequent cyclist-have you heard of Lifepaint? I just saw this video where you spray this clear paint on your bike (and clothes, if you wish) and it creates a reflective coat that makes you highly visible at night when in a car's headlights. Seemed like something to look into if you often bike at night.

Life-paint.jpg

No, I've never heard of that, but thanks. It looks like a good idea. I wonder if they have non-spray versions though, since it doesn't sound very environment-friendly