Life - no

day 5

SQ1 - check

SQ2 - yoga

SQ3 - reading, japanese

Life - check

day 6

SQ1 - check

SQ2 - bare-back on a stubborn mare counting as a strength workout, according to my DOMS

SQ3 - school of hard knocks? (nothing for the challenge though lol)

Life - check

day 7

SQ1 - no

SQ2 - sunday = no

SQ3 - reading

Life - check

WEEK 2:

SQ1 - 5/7

SQ2 - 1 yoga, 2 str. I think I'm noting a trend here... *grumbles* I hate sucking at getting workouts done

SQ3 - checks across the board, guitar, history, reading, japanese... all studied :) (this one's getting modified this coming week btw)

Life - 5/7

So other than the workout, which numerically speaking was the same as week 1, everything has improved :D And while it's not reflected on here, the strength workouts were much more intense this past week than week 1, since week 1 was basically me getting back up from zero & this weeks were much more practical movement based (staying on a grumpy horse sans saddle, throwing hay bales, learning some farrier work) so I'm still calling this week an improvement, I just need more consistency with my core work.

Also, I am adjusting the study quest to include something I need to do, and that's reading up on the methods my friend is teaching me so I know what she's talking about before she has to try to explain with a horse in hand. So minimum 5 hours reading up on that this week, hopefully I'll get more in but sadly these aren't on audiobook, so I can't just plug it in while I'm at work.

I'm past due for a green text post, so should have one up this week. And once my body adjusts to DST again I'll be aiming for 9/9:30am as an up time.

• Like 2

Current Challenge: Installing, Please Wait

Last Challenge :NW13 - System Failure, Please Reboot

Previous Challenges: 22 21 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Sorry I'm late, your thread is super-awesome this challenge :). One has to adore the horses, and your cat is cute too :).

That tortilla sounds very delicious :).

Thanks :) The tortilla was pretty yummy, and the fuzzballs are pretty cute. The worst part is they all know it, and use it against me

• Like 1

Check-in for today (week 3 day 1)

SQ1 - check

SQ2 - yoga

SQ3 - read about 2 hours for the horse/rider training

Life - check

Yaaaay another all-checked day :) need these more often, they're kinda fun

• Like 1

Week 3 day 2

SQ1 - no

SQ2 - 1/2 hr riding give or take, stalls, and some wall-walks during break at work - 1 strength workout

SQ3 - reading and horse - training studied

Life - check

[rant] Grrr... Wanted to practice guitar after work, got home, cooked food, turned on Xbox... And now I just wanna sleep, except I still wanna practice, but I know I'll get frustrated with a song and keep replaying it for half an hour or more :/ fortunately I don't have any set plans before work tomorrow, so I'll play some then. But I already set up the Xbox to play... *facepalm*

[/rant]

• Like 2

Oh, food (other than the Panera I already mentioned)

1 slice cheese pizza

Mountain Dew kickstart

Tortilla with mustard, cheese, bacon and lunch meat chicken because I realized that I had a fantastic lack of protein today.

Razzy, here's an album if more horse-shenanigans :)https://m.facebook.com/easthomj/albums/10152885157528110

AAAAAH, OMG HORSE SHENAY-NAYS! *runs in triangles*

What have you done?

That's going to take up, like, my whole day now.

Protein is good! Mountain Dew.... not so good. *throws fresh and delicious tomatoes at you*

• Like 1

Battle Log
Challenge Log
I made a mistake.

Barfly - I may have to try that sometime this summer after I've killed myself either on bike or at a park, that sounds fantastic for spiking calories. Not sure about taste tho

Razzy - muahahaha I have now conquered your time with the horse shenanigans. Oh yay tomatoes *noms*

Ok, week 3 day 3

SQ 1 - check

SQ 2 - yoga

SQ 3 - reading and history

Life - check

Week 4 day 4

SQ 1 - check

SQ 2 - strength check

SQ 3 - horse and history check

Life - check

Also had a concert last night, which was mostly just a small friends gathering at a bar half an hour away but was still a blast :D

Week 3 day 5

SQ 1 - no

SQ 2 - no

SQ 3 - no

Life - no

Today was very bleeeeh :( had issues trying to set up stuff for new phone and tax returns and nothing wanted to go right, and had to wait on hold for 2 different companies, one being my bank, which has the most pleasant listening music after 20 minutes *sigh* so my drive to do more than take a shower and crawl into blankets is nil, not even music (which I haven't practiced at all this week)

Food from today is... Special. Let's go with that >.>

Breakfast - Subway chic.ter. on flatbread with veggies on sub, apples for the side, 1/2sweet/unsweetened tea.

Lunch- mcd's 2 filet o fish meal, m fry and caramel frappe.

Work - spring onion soup (for actual meal), 2 jelly donuts, 2 Lindt chocolate truffle stick, piece of PB pie.

After work - deer meat helper, because I'll need the protein big time tomorrow.

• Like 1

Seems like you had a good week 3 and 4. Don't feel too bad about day 5, we all know how bad it is to be waiting on the phone for too long. Can you maybe visit the bank instead of ringing them? At least over here that always seems to work better. As for the food, you DID take an apple on the side for breakfast, and tomorrow there's a new day with new opportunities to eat nice and healthy food ;).

• Like 1

Seems like you had a good week 3 and 4. Don't feel too bad about day 5, we all know how bad it is to be waiting on the phone for too long. Can you maybe visit the bank instead of ringing them? At least over here that always seems to work better. As for the food, you DID take an apple on the side for breakfast, and tomorrow there's a new day with new opportunities to eat nice and healthy food ;).

Sadly no - I'd have had to wait until Monday to be able to deal with it in person.
  • Like 1

Week 3 day 6

SQ 1 - check

SQ 2 - some groundwork, including fetching horses in boot- grabbing mud, and about an hour of riding (thankfully not in said horrible mud) but sadly, no real workout I can point to and say "got it!" But physically active was nice

SQ 3 - horse studies check

Life - no

Much better reasons today for the no's, sadly don't want to explain on here for privacy reasons for the peoples I was helping but was a wonderful use of my time :)

Food :

Breakfast - mocha yogurt, a few bites of deer meat helper (not too hungry early in the day when I work 2nd shift)

Lunch - chili with crackers

Dinner - arroz con pollo, a serving from the veggie tray, roasted asparagus, mixed green salad. Blueberry and peach pie slices, glass if wine

• Like 1

Week 3 day 6

SQ 1 - check

SQ 2 - some groundwork, including fetching horses in boot- grabbing mud, and about an hour of riding (thankfully not in said horrible mud) but sadly, no real workout I can point to and say "got it!" But physically active was nice

SQ 3 - horse studies check

Life - no

Much better reasons today for the no's, sadly don't want to explain on here for privacy reasons for the peoples I was helping but was a wonderful use of my time :)

Food :

Breakfast - mocha yogurt, a few bites of deer meat helper (not too hungry early in the day when I work 2nd shift)

Lunch - chili with crackers

Dinner - arroz con pollo, a serving from the veggie tray, roasted asparagus, mixed green salad. Blueberry and peach pie slices, glass if wine

Even though there's no workout in SQ2, staying physically active is half the battle. I know from experience. When I'm running around at school AND doing my workouts and cardio, there's a noticeable difference in hunger, appearance, and energy. But when there isn't any classes and it isn't warm enough to go running outside and frolicking in the garden, those things I mentioned all changed too. So just walking around all day and pushing around stompy horsey feet is a workout in its own right!

• Like 2

Battle Log
Challenge Log
I made a mistake.

Week 3 day 7

SQ 1 - check

SQ 2 - bike ride, 'cause right now, 45F and sunny is totally biking weather, so Sunday or no dammit I wanted my bike.

SQ 3 - 3 hours reading, 2 hours guitar

Life - check

Oh my gosh, I don't even know if I have fingers on my left hand... All the guitar happened today, because I did not practice at all earlier this week and was pissed. Now my fingers are numb.

Also, getting my first smartphone later this week through Republic Wireless, and should be able to get a computer again within 1-2 weeks if finances don't get any surprises!!!! I cannot even begin to say how happy this makes me :)

And further good news, for me anyway - I finally got to start Dying of the Light, which is the 9th and final book of the Skulduggery Pleasant series that I have been eating my nails over dying to read; it came in Friday. It is 600 pages of suspense, brilliance and hilarity blended so masterfully you can't put it down (judging by the first 8 books at any rate) so I fully expect to be done by the middle of this week, I've waited months to get my paws on this sucker! *spazzes and faints*

• Like 2

Week 3 rundown - 

SQ 1 - 5/7

SQ 2 - yoga 2 strength 2, +bike ride

SQ 3 - everything except Japanese

Life - 5/7

tumblr_m3apxtVmAf1qepfc4.gif

tumblr_mz3lziGnME1rrecxqo1_500.gif

Is still not perfect, but this pleases me :D

Also, not gonna lie - last night after I posted, I curled up under the blankets with a glass of wine and my book. Made myself close it at 3:30am. Not a terribly late night by my standards (2am is normally my crash time on 2nd shift) but still. The book so far does not disappoint at all., but my brain has whiplash from one of the plot twists 

• Like 2

Hooray for new toys, and for biking weather! ^^

Level 0 Air Nomad Assassin
STR: 0 STA: 0 DEX: 0 CON: 0 WIS: 0 CHA: 0

Current Challenge: [Url= http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/80570-phayze-accepts-an-apprenticeship-as-an-airbender-respawn/]Apprentice Airbender![/url]

Check Out My LEGO Stuff on Flickr!
"The next golden age of human achievement begins here and now" -Neil Degrasse Tyson, Cosmos

First new toy is in... Now I need to figure out this Tapatalk doohickey on my smartphone. Yes I've been on a dumbphone until today. I like the new toy so far :)

Also finished the book last night, and oh. My. GOSH!!!!!!!! The writer is a cruel human being with a brilliant writing style.

WHAT UP, GIRL!

I'm back, with a new funny picture! (I think I might actually put this on my own refrigerator! Ha!)

73be5847e36f2defa9d2f855a7457eab.jpg

Week 3 day 7
SQ 1 - check
SQ 2 - bike ride, 'cause right now, 45F and sunny is totally biking weather, so Sunday or no dammit I wanted my bike.
SQ 3 - 3 hours reading, 2 hours guitar
Life - check
Oh my gosh, I don't even know if I have fingers on my left hand... All the guitar happened today, because I did not practice at all earlier this week and was pissed. Now my fingers are numb.
Also, getting my first smartphone later this week through Republic Wireless, and should be able to get a computer again within 1-2 weeks if finances don't get any surprises!!!! I cannot even begin to say how happy this makes me :)
And further good news, for me anyway - I finally got to start Dying of the Light, which is the 9th and final book of the Skulduggery Pleasant series that I have been eating my nails over dying to read; it came in Friday. It is 600 pages of suspense, brilliance and hilarity blended so masterfully you can't put it down (judging by the first 8 books at any rate) so I fully expect to be done by the middle of this week, I've waited months to get my paws on this sucker! *spazzes and faints*

LMAO, you sound just like me when I'm awaiting the next installment of the Dresden Files. And when I finally get the book, I stay up reading it until it's done. Completely. And God help anyone who touches it before I'm done. Last person that did that brought about the Reckoning.

Week 3 rundown - 

SQ 1 - 5/7

Is still not perfect, but this pleases me :D

Also, not gonna lie - last night after I posted, I curled up under the blankets with a glass of wine and my book. Made myself close it at 3:30am. Not a terribly late night by my standards (2am is normally my crash time on 2nd shift) but still. The book so far does not disappoint at all., but my brain has whiplash from one of the plot twists 

There is nothing quite like settling down for the night with a good book. ^_^ *sigh* Too long since I found a good book though.

I love my dumbphone. It's indestructible.

I'm with you there! My dumbphone may not be sleek and flashy, but I have some deadly accuracy with that thing. Any mugger I see is going to get a face full of Verizon's finest silicon for their trouble! ha!

• Like 2

Battle Log
Challenge Log
I made a mistake.