NightWatcher13: T.A.R.D.I.S. lands on Baker Street

NightWatcher13

I so need to finish the Dresden a files.

OK, so loooong time no see guys! The last 2 weeks have been non-stop action, and I'm actually fairly proud of them (except for all of the money I spent eating out because of lack of time)

Week 4:

SQ 1 - Pretty regular, probably 6/7

SQ 2 - check

SQ 3 - checks down the board

Life - 7/7

Week 5:

See week 4 :)

How is week 6 almost here already?

• Like 2

Current Challenge: Installing, Please Wait

Last Challenge :NW13 - System Failure, Please Reboot

Previous Challenges: 22 21 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Alright, this'll be a little scatterbrained today, as I'm on cup # stupid of coffee so far today and still half asleep. (And supposed to be able to focus enough to finish up an itemized list and get it to my boss... that my brain is currently staring at stupidly so I'm going to let my brain un-clench from the task for a few minutes.)

Week 6, Day 1

SQ1 - check

SQ2 - nope

SQ3 - I found out I can get such things as older Hardcore History shows downloaded to my phone, so I may have overdosed...

Life - check

Week 6, Day 2 - 

SQ1 - check

SQ2 - check (went for a run... what?!)

SQ3 - check

Life - x

Alright, so - I will be continuing Sherlock next challenge (I know, I tend to do 2 challenges per thing...) BUT this one is for more reasons than just not getting everything I wanted done done storywise, and this challenge actually is going SUPER well compared to the last few so I'm really happy with it. No, the main reason I'm keeping Sherlock is because I wanted to do one with Sherlock that involved being able to keep up with Sherlock, which includes the one thing I have always sucked at even in shape - running.

Why running? Partly because I'm grumpy at the fact that I've always sucked at it, partly because I want the extra burn that comes from picking up my feet and moving, but mostly it's because I need it to be able to do more than just single vaults etc for PK and it'll add back some of the precious endurance that I've lost.

How running? Well... someone on here had a day where she said she went for a run, then suddenly there were zombies RIGHT BEHIND HER!!! So she took off at a massive run, and managed to get away. And I thought to myself, "if Zombies were after me right now and there were too many for me to just bash their brains out, I'd be soooooo screwed." So I looked up the app "Zombies, run" that she had mentioned using and found out that not only do they have the original app for people who already run some, but they have a couch to 5k for people like me who want to develop the ability to move at a pace above snail. So I have the 8 week program on my phone (remember I said I was enjoying the smartphone? Now I'm REALLY loving it <3 ), did the intro run on Sunday, and did run 1 yesterday. So far loving the fact that I have a videogame (audiogame?) telling me when to walk, or when to jog, or "RUN THERE'S A ZOM BEHIND YOU!!!" (complete with groaning zombies that sound like they're close enough to reach out and grab my hair!!! Fuuuuu)

When running? It's 3 runs a week for 8 weeks, with progressively more running per session.

So my next challenge will be "Keeping up with Sherlock," which was what I initially wanted to do with this one but it wasn't going to work out, and I think this next one fell together better than I could have planned it, since I didn't know about "zombies run" until maybe a week ago and the weather's just now warming up enough to be bearable. 

Also, hopefully I'll get at least 1 green text up so I'm not running mad catch-up on the story part of my challenge as well next challenge. Plus it's an excuse to sit down for a bit and do something fun, which after the last couple of days of non-stop gogogogogogo, which have been fun in their own rights but need some downtime to balance it out, I need a bit to just sit and write.

• Like 1

Also... I'm sleep deprived enough today that when I turned on Daily Audio Bible and heard the Hawaii Pidgin translation it took me almost a whole minute to realize that it was April 1st... XD But I did figure out what was happening before Brian called the April Fools. Yup, it's gonna be that kind of day

*downs espresso

• Like 2

The one reason I would get a smart phone. I guess I could do Zombies, run! on my iPad...

Exactly what I was thinking! Although I've also heard about a sleeping app that should wake you up at the ideal moment... For some apps an iPad is just too big ;).

It would be awesome if you can make a kind of parkour choreo this summer :). A few vaults, a roll, some other awesome stuff with running in between would be so cool!

• Like 1

I don't have the gentle wake up, but I put a white noise generator that mutes everything on the phone except my alarm. It's pretty spiffy. And 3 runs into the Z Couch25k I'm still having fun with the running and haven't died yet so that's awesome. Also found a Japanese learning ap that's super helpful.

Week 6 check

SQ1 - 4/7

SQ2 - 3 zombie runs, 3 times out helping with horses (no riding this week, but plenty of other physical craziness to do out there lol)

SQ3 - checks acc the board :) took guitar with me for Easter and used the phone for Jap

Life - 5/7

I like the way this challenge ended up :) I think this is the happiest I've been so far with the end of my challenge, I'm normally disappointed with at least part of it but not this time. Will try to get a story post up tomorrow to lead into next challenge. Will definitely get my whole challenge check in done then though

• Like 1

The one reason I would get a smart phone. I guess I could do Zombies, run! on my iPad...

Hmmm, you could run from zombie Sherlock?

IPad in a backpack with headphones? Why not!?

Oh Lord, zombie Sherlock would be terrifying...

• Like 1

Exactly what I was thinking! Although I've also heard about a sleeping app that should wake you up at the ideal moment... For some apps an iPad is just too big ;).

It would be awesome if you can make a kind of parkour choreo this summer :). A few vaults, a roll, some other awesome stuff with running in between would be so cool!

That would be a total blast :) it's definitely on the attempt-to-do list.
  • Like 1

OK, Time to put all of the weeks into one place where I can see them all at once

Week 1: 

SQ1 - 4/7

SQ2 - 1 yoga, 2 str. Check on the strength, but not even close on the core :/

SQ3 - guitar and history rocked out, only got about half the reading done I wanted to, Japanese, once again, did not happen.

Life - 4/7

So almost exactly half completed of week 1, all said and done.

I did just find out today that I fit into some of my old pairs of jeans that are a size smaller than I've been wearing, so yay something's going the right direction  :)

WEEK 2:

SQ1 - 5/7

SQ2 - 1 yoga, 2 str. I think I'm noting a trend here... *grumbles* I hate sucking at getting workouts done

SQ3 - checks across the board, guitar, history, reading, japanese... all studied  :) (this one's getting modified this coming week btw)

Life - 5/7

Week 3 rundown - 

SQ 1 - 5/7

SQ 2 - yoga 2 strength 2, +bike ride

SQ 3 - everything except Japanese

Life - 5/7

Week 4:
SQ 1 - Pretty regular, probably 6/7
SQ 2 - check
SQ 3 - checks down the board
Life - 7/7
Week 5:
See week 4 :)

Week 6 check
SQ1 - 4/7
SQ2 - 3 zombie runs, 3 times out helping with horses (no riding this week, but plenty of other physical craziness to do out there lol)
SQ3 - checks acc the board :) took guitar with me for Easter and used the phone for Jap
Life - 5/7

overall challenge summary
side quest 1: ave 5/7 per week
side quest 2: workouts were fairly constant this challenge, though not in the format I had lain out in my challenge write-up. I have a long way to go on my core exercises for certain, but did lose some significant size and am starting to notice changes in strength and endurance overall. 5/6, docking 1 week's credit for missing half each of weeks 1 and 2.
side quest 3: I think I aced it :D 6/6
life quest: avg about 6/7 per week

Definitely still have a long way to go, but this challenge was a solid step in the right direction at least.

I definitely feel like food was a weak spot for me this challenge, which doesn't reflect much on my logs as it wasn't one of my focuses this time and I didn't keep many food logs, but I did do a lot more fast food than I wanted to, and quite a lot of quick-make convenience meals, so that's going to be one of the things I'll be working on most next challenge.

I think this sums up my feelings on this challenge :

dc93ae72c87590776c6ff1f4f638bd08f88a31dc

(Alduin = crazy killer dragon for anyone who hasn't played yet)

Yup, I think that pretty well encapsulates your challenge. Awesome job! The Daedric Princes cower in fear of your might!

• Like 1

Level 0 Air Nomad Assassin
STR: 0 STA: 0 DEX: 0 CON: 0 WIS: 0 CHA: 0

Current Challenge: [Url= http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/80570-phayze-accepts-an-apprenticeship-as-an-airbender-respawn/]Apprentice Airbender![/url]

Check Out My LEGO Stuff on Flickr!
"The next golden age of human achievement begins here and now" -Neil Degrasse Tyson, Cosmos

The Doctor cleared his throat before speaking to the man in the chair.
"Sherlock Holmes, I have a case that I think may present certain challenges for you. My friend here has had some recent troubles following her and could use all of the detective work she can get." Sherlock looked up from his book, still looking bored, and gave both the Doctor and NightWatcher a cursory look.
"Yes, I believe she could. What on earth makes you think I'd be interested though? As you can see I'm very busy right now. While I can see that you've come a long way and must have found very close parking to the flat, and that your shy friend is of noble upbringing but not birth, I fail to see anything that gains you my interest." He started to turn back to his book when the Doctor reached up and pulled the hat from Watcher's head. The change in the man's features was beyond priceless, and for a moment she was certain he was going to faint. But in a moment, he had composed himself and sat back in his chair. "Alright, you have my attention. The case had better not be boring though."
Once NightWatcher had explained the story of the takeover, her exile and her recapture of her castle, along with brief explanations from the Doctor on how they had arrived here and now, the man steepled his fingers under his chin and sat forward.
"And you didn't realize that she wasn't the mastermind until this guard opened his mouth?" NightWatcher looked at her feet and shook her head. Sherlock nodded. "Very well, I shall have to have a look around the crime scene and observe what I can, hopefully your primitives haven't messed it up too badly." He sprang from his seat for a long overcoat, not noticing the flattened ears or hiss his comment had elicited from Watcher; she may have been raised a lady but she hated to hear hear this arrogant sod talk about her people like that. "I'm afraid I'm short my blogger today, something about a friend's wedding, and Mrs Hudson has taken my skull again, but you'll do nicely for me to talk to so I don't attract too many stares. But you're going to have to keep up, I hate dilly-dally when I'm on a case. Come along Doctor, Watcher, the game is on!"