The Libation Moderation Station

Well, besides myself I know I ran across at least two other people who have reducing their alcohol intake in their goals - thought I might start us a thread where we can share in each others' struggle to keep our consumption in control! For me, I'm looking to reduce to two nights of drinking in any given week, and absolutely no more than three drinks in those sessions. What is everyone else looking to do?

The First Challenge Thread      Intro Thread

Starting Weight: 245

Goal Weight: 220

While not speifically listed in my challenge thread, this is something I'm attempting to achieve as well. Covered under the one day of "cheating", where I'll drink alcohol if I absolutely can't resist/am "forced" to do so socially.

I'm a fan of live music and find myself out on a frequent basis, a short glass with soda water and lime tends to do the trick for me in terms of resisting temptation.

Level 2  Mul Ranger
STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 1.5 | CHA 1.5
Challenges : 1 2

I'll join! I've been half-assed working towards reducing my alcohol intake for a little over a year now. I've made definitive progress (no more polishing off entire cases of beer in one sitting, nor does the fridge seem empty without those cases anymore) but I still have a tendency to overdo it from time to time. Switching to wine has helped, and I've also taken to watering it down as well (not as gross as you'd think, oddly) but a little accountability could be helpful during my rougher moments.

I don't drink straight liquor of any kind at all, and I dislike mixed drinks (nor do I drink them anymore, even when I'm at a place that serves them), so those aren't an issue. I'll set my goal as no beer (too tempting to drink a lot at a time), and I will continue to cut my wine with water.

Cheers! :tongue:

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

While not speifically listed in my challenge thread, this is something I'm attempting to achieve as well. Covered under the one day of "cheating", where I'll drink alcohol if I absolutely can't resist/am "forced" to do so socially.

I'm a fan of live music and find myself out on a frequent basis, a short glass with soda water and lime tends to do the trick for me in terms of resisting temptation.

Yeah, I really can't imagine live music without a drink or two, that will be tough... luckily there aren't many shows heading this way in the immediate future!

I'll join! I've been half-assed working towards reducing my alcohol intake for a little over a year now. I've made definitive progress (no more polishing off entire cases of beer in one sitting, nor does the fridge seem empty without those cases anymore) but I still have a tendency to overdo it from time to time. Switching to wine has helped, and I've also taken to watering it down as well (not as gross as you'd think, oddly) but a little accountability could be helpful during my rougher moments.

I don't drink hard liquor at all, and I dislike mixed drinks (nor do I drink them anymore, even when I'm at a place that serves them), so those aren't an issue. I'll set my goal as no beer (too tempting to drink a lot at a time), and I will continue to cut my wine with water.

Cheers! :tongue:

Cheers Evicious! So what kinds of wine are you cutting with water? I'd imagine that some styles hold up to that better than others. Making a switch to wine helped me also (well, more like just offsetting the beer quantity) until I bought a good box of Malbec for making braised short ribs, and well, that box wasn't going anywhere.... so I did my best Game of Thrones impression and drank it like mad. Its still sitting there on the kitchen counter, staring at me through this challenge  :peaceful:

The First Challenge Thread      Intro Thread

Starting Weight: 245

Goal Weight: 220

Boxed is a kind of wine, right? :tongue:

My husband and I are cheap drinkers, so Franzia or Vella "Red Delicious" is what's in my fridge. We're also HUGE GoT fans, and you just cannot watch that show without having a glass of wine (or boxful, depending on how many episodes are watched) yourself! :D

So yeah, I'm not exactly ruining the taste of my drink by watering it down...

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

I shall join you if you'll have me.

I was on a beer binge with the Hubby since our wedding in June. Add into that the fact that we're part of a wine tasting society and we got into the habit of polishing off far too much wine and beer and far too regular of occassions.

For example, this past weekend we went through 3 bottles of Chardonnay. (One Dreaming tree which was men, and two Sebastiani which were delicious). But for the week before that I had abstained from any alcohol at all.

This week I've not touched a drop since Sunday. However, on Saturday we're attending a dinner with the President and Cellar Master of our wine society so I KNOW there will be wine there. My goal: 2 glasses only. One white, one red. I've dropped beer entirely (unless we go eat Haggis, then I will have a beer because...it's haggis. Haggis doesn't go with wine. Scotch or beer yes, wine no).

Add into the equation the fact that my mom is an alcoholic and I really have a motivation to never let myself get to that state.

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

So the hubby opened a bottle of red wine last night for us to try. (He's training to become a cellar master, his homework is to literally find new wines to introduce to the group we taste with). Normally we'd have finished the bottle as per course. Instead we each had a taster's glass (not a full glass of wine, enough to get a good sense of the decanting flavour change and the mouth feel), and that was it. The cork went back in and I went back to drinking water. He's being super supportive which is AWESOME. He got himself a beer afterwards but I'm not complaining.

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

Mind if I join?  I've been fighting on losing the beer belly for a bit now, and while I have made some progress perhaps I should be more cognizant of my alcoholic consumption.  I really would like to be in the best shape of my life when I get married in November.

Twice a week I have Kung Fu class and one thing I love is the social aspect - after class we usually go hit up a local bar and have drinks and pub food.  Obviously all the good work done in class comes a bit undone after 2-3 beers and fries or a burger.  So maybe I should set an absolute limit of 4 drinks a week and try (and also be healthier about food choices at the bar)?

• Like 1

Level 5 Shapeshifter Monk

STR 10.75   :   DEX 7.5  :   STA 8.5   :   CON 5   :   WIS 7.5   :   CHA 7

Challenge: I am an Avenger

Past: 1st, Draugr, Super-hero, Rocky

A soon-to-be married Kung Fu enthusiast  

Mind if I join?  I've been fighting on losing the beer belly for a bit now, and while I have made some progress perhaps I should be more cognizant of my alcoholic consumption.  I really would like to be in the best shape of my life when I get married in November.

Twice a week I have Kung Fu class and one thing I love is the social aspect - after class we usually go hit up a local bar and have drinks and pub food.  Obviously all the good work done in class comes a bit undone after 2-3 beers and fries or a burger.  So maybe I should set an absolute limit of 4 drinks a week and try (and also be healthier about food choices at the bar)?

My parkour group and soccer group (2 different groups) used to do this too. I found that my best control was that my beer had to last me until I was finished eating, and only then could I get a second one. Usually by the time I was done eating I didn't really want another beer and would switch to ginger ale. Nowadays I just get water. But it took a while.

Good stuff. the beer belly is exactly why i'm doing this too. I think with your motivaton being the wedding you will have no trouble at all. :)

Well we changed the location of the Kung Fu class to the instructor's home (not sure how long this change is) so no bar run Wednesday night.  Kind of tragic as I was looking forward to a beer.  Ended up having that beer last night, but just one.  

How is everyone else doing?

• Like 1

Well we changed the location of the Kung Fu class to the instructor's home (not sure how long this change is) so no bar run Wednesday night.  Kind of tragic as I was looking forward to a beer.  Ended up having that beer last night, but just one.  

My husband finishes a week of saw mill work tonight so I might talk him into hagis which means a Scottish point for me.

• Like 1

Great so far but tomorrow is my birthday.  I will try to limit myself to 4 drinks.

• Like 1

JKiley
Character Sheet

Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Current (
May 8 - Jun 4)

Master Quest: Weigh < 200lbs

Start: 242.2lbs | Current = 225.6lbs | Progress16.6 of 42.2lbs

Walk to Mordor

759.95 of 1779 Miles

Welcome new people! Been a bit slack posting on this forum in general, but will step it up.

Managed to get through the festival without a drop passing my lips, and since. May even go the rest of the month without drinking, we'll see! :) Hope you got through that night Hoxton.

• Like 2

Level 2  Mul Ranger
STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 1.5 | CHA 1.5
Challenges : 1 2

Great so far but tomorrow is my birthday.  I will try to limit myself to 4 drinks.

Good luck!  And happy birthday!

Yesterday was another day of Kung Fu which was followed by drinks at the instructor's house.  It would have been easy to overindulge (there was lots of beer there and I brought a sixpack) but I successfully limited myself to just two.  I also sunburned but that is another story.