The Libation Moderation Station

So last night was one of the monthly wine tasting events my husband and I attend.

Step 1- eat a full meal before going  CHECK

Step 2- fill up water glass and drink half before ever tasting the wine  CHECK

Step 3- taste test the wines and identify top 3 (out of 8) CHECK

Step 4- allow self to drink half of each of top 3 CHECK

Step 5- generously offer the rest of the wine to others CHECK

All of this gave me one really cool added and unexpected bonus: GUILT FREE WINE. I put my game plan in place, followed it. Enjoyed myself and didn't feel deprived. Win-freaking-win.

• Like 1

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

Another week done.  How's everyone doing?

I only had three drinks last week, so that's good.  

I had a wine event on wednesday and my brother-in-laws birthday this week, but I feel I handled them rather well. I enjoyed the drinks I picked to enjoy and then skipped on the extras that I didn't feel I needed. So instead of a bender, it was more a mild curve in the road.

Also, found out I am working the California wine fair come April 10th.... that means I am definitely going to be exposed to a lot of wine. A lot of free wine. A lot of free, top quality, not available in stores for a couple of years wine. I am giving myself a 5 taster's drink max for that. So I can sip and spit as many as I want, but to actually drink I have to be picky. And they're not large drinks so I think this is a reasonable amount.

• Like 1

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

I had a wine event on wednesday and my brother-in-laws birthday this week, but I feel I handled them rather well. I enjoyed the drinks I picked to enjoy and then skipped on the extras that I didn't feel I needed. So instead of a bender, it was more a mild curve in the road.

Also, found out I am working the California wine fair come April 10th.... that means I am definitely going to be exposed to a lot of wine. A lot of free wine. A lot of free, top quality, not available in stores for a couple of years wine. I am giving myself a 5 taster's drink max for that. So I can sip and spit as many as I want, but to actually drink I have to be picky. And they're not large drinks so I think this is a reasonable amount.

That is going to be a challenge (and one I would probably fail).  Good luck to you and hope you enjoy it!

Woot! Nice one Jaex. Well done. Im still very boring and booze free.had company drinks last night and drank nothing but water. :)

Nice job to you as well.  I always find it tough to not have a drink when everyone else is, so kudos to you. 

Level 5 Shapeshifter Monk

STR 10.75   :   DEX 7.5  :   STA 8.5   :   CON 5   :   WIS 7.5   :   CHA 7

Challenge: I am an Avenger

Past: 1st, Draugr, Super-hero, Rocky

A soon-to-be married Kung Fu enthusiast  

That is going to be a challenge (and one I would probably fail).  Good luck to you and hope you enjoy it!

Thanks. I'm sure I'll still have a blast, and I am looking forward to playing 'find the best tasting wine and make it worth it'. Also, drunk people bingo is fun.

• Like 1

It has been a week since our last post here!  How is everyone doing with the whole cut-down on alcohol thing?

I only had two beers (on Sunday, with a friend) all of last week.  

I've been pretty good! One batch of drinking, saying that... hitting England for a wedding and to catch up with old friends/drinking buddies next week. Me thinks I'm going to cave.

Enjoy your trip, and the occasional indulgence (for a good reason too!) shouldn't worry you too much.  But if you want, set a limit, or make a requirement to drink one glass of water before each order of a new drink.

• Like 1

Woot woot how are we all doing, week 6 and the last push to the finish!!!

I definitely have been good this challenge on limiting my drinking...and it seems the beer belly is shrinking! 

• Like 1