FYI - New Challenge Forums will be live tomorrow ×

Challenge 2 Begins!

Johnny Boy

Introduction: Hey guys! New Ranger here, reporting for duty! I've reached my weight loss goal. Now I am going to work on building muscle, continue with the beginner body weight workout program, and bicycling. I also want to work on lowering my body fat percentage. 

Main Quest: Complete Phase 1 and 2 of a 4 Phase beginner body building work-out this challenge

Quest 1: Do my body building routine and the Beginner Body Weight Workout every other day 

Quest 2: Bike 1/2 an hour once per week

Quest 3: AVOID SUGAR and continue to eat Paleo (protein+veggies)! Also, look for foods with additional nutritional benefits. For example: give fish a try (I'm not currently a fish eater but I know it is very healthy.)

Life Quest 1: Develop better sleeping habits. Start sleeping a minimum of 7 hours per day.

Life Quest 2I want to look into more social activities (I'm definitely an introvert and am trying to break free of those habits). Hopefully I can find things that will help my resume and help me network professionally. 

Motivation: I want to make the rest of my life better, healthier, and more fulfilling. How do I want to be in 10 years? How do I want to show up for my family? How do I want to show up for the rest of my life? Fat, lazy, and unaccomplished? Or happy, healthy, and constantly improving myself, always moving forward? :)

• Like 2

Johnny Boy

Human | Ranger | Level 2

|| CON 5.5 || STR 4.5 || WIS 3 || CHA 2 || STA 0.9 || DEX 0.9 || 

|| Challenges: Recruit || 2nd (Current) ||

Welcome to the rangers!

I'm not a big fish eater either, but Salmon and shrimp are things that i dont mind (and sometimes enjoy) To me they aren't as "fishy". Wahoo can be another type of fish that is good, a lot firmer than some other white fishes. 

• Like 2

Try not, do or do not- Yoda

Ok, I've not started this challenge like I originally did. But, I'm kinda like young a Anakin when his podracer wouldn't get going. I however have no Sebulba to blame just been sleepy. I will however kill this one too. Tusken Raiders or not, I will build muscle and win!

Starting this one out 175 lbs, stripped of sugar and junk, rested and revved up now. I got the baddest nerd support a person could ask for and someone in my corner like that voice in Rockys ear pushing me like no other. Tay, you're the best.

Don't believe me just watch

• Like 1

Johnny Boy

Human | Ranger | Level 2

Welcome to the rangers!

I'm not a big fish eater either, but Salmon and shrimp are things that i dont mind (and sometimes enjoy) To me they aren't as "fishy". Wahoo can be another type of fish that is good, a lot firmer than some other white fishes.

Welcome to the rangers!

I will definetly try salmon again. Last time I had it, it was total dreck and I've not tried it since. Over 10 years ago. My friend claims to make it bomb so I'm down whenever she invites me over. She made me some kind of fish the other night and it wasn't bad, I really can't remember what it was though. Guess my taste is changing but the smell of seafood makes me sick. I'll never, ever try shrimp haha. They creep me out. Thanks for the love. Best of luck on your new challenge. I'm not good at reaching out, sorry it took so long.

• Like 1

Johnny Boy

Human | Ranger | Level 2

Same weight, replacing fat with muscle. Working steady and hard t my fitness goals. Had 2 days with sugar. Yesterday I had 2-bite size snacks. 1-brownie square and 1- mini cupcake. Today a friend treated me to some Baskin Robbins. Holy cow, it was delightful but I am paying for it dearly. I feel like hell. Other than that, progress progress progress. 

Wishing everyone best of luck also. 

Johnny Boy

Human | Ranger | Level 2

it becomes a balance of what tastes and looks good/how it will make you feel/ how it gets you toward your goals... but sometimes it's still totally worth it!!

glad things are going well for you!

Thank you. I am enrolled in an online class and was working late so I've been busy. Thanks for replying. Finding the balance now that I've introduced some sugar back into my life. I was literally miserable without chocolate. Still loosing fat and still working out. I am going to save sweets for a special occasion like dinner etc. Other than that raw natural honey has worked with cinamon and almonds. Wishing you a great second half of the challenge. 

Johnny Boy

Human | Ranger | Level 2

Good Day All, 

I have not had much interest in going online other than schoolwork recently and so it has reflected in my posts and support. Working late, college started up again and finishing projects With my friend took up some time but I am still dieting, strength training and loosing fat. My BBWW has not been part of my routine the past couple weeks so I get a big goose egg for points there. I have a terrible cold now, once it leaves, I'll start the BBWW again. I had great results the first time and It's been a couple weeks so I think it will do me good. The good thing about having a cold is the detox period. I don't want to do anything but drink water and sleep, so there is no feeling of wanting to smoke today. Hopefully, the urge doesn't return and I'll be tobacco free tomorrow. Detoxed and ready to do battle, Ill be. 

Wishing you all a great second half of the challenge. 

John

Tayakin Rocks!

Johnny Boy

Human | Ranger | Level 2