Chaos22 is Back

Chaos22

Hello All,

It's been about a year since the last time I was here and a lot has changed.  Last time my plan was derailed by medical issues, but those should all be taken care of.  Since I was last here I have started an online degree program, moved across the state, and started a new job.  Needless to say my goals have changed, but I have settled into this new life and am ready to make it better.

My Long-term Goals for This Quest:

• Physical- I want to drop about 2% in my body fat
  • Mental- I want to work toward graduating with my bachelors by October

My Map to Get There:

• Physical-
    • I will join the local Crossfit box and attend a class 3x a week (3 STR 2 STA)
      • A=16 or more B=14 to 16 C=12 to 14 D=10 to 12 F= 9 or fewer
    • I will follow a 3 block Zone Diet plan (3 CON)
      • A=90% or higher followed B=80%  C=70% D=60% F=50% or less
    • I will get at least 7 hours of sleep as recorded by my UP band (3 STA)
      • A=90% or higher B=80% C=70% D=60% F=50% or less
  • Mental-
    • I will finish 3 courses within the six week challenge (1 hour a day studying) (3 WIS)
      • A= 3 or more courses B=2 courses C=1 course F=0 courses

My Motivation:

I want my medical issues to be has controlled as possible and diet and exercise is a large part of this.

My Starting Point:

• Height- 5'4"
  • Weight- 139.6 lbs
  • Body Fat- 26.2%
  • Hips- 41"
  • Waist- 32"
  • Thighs- 23"
  • Chest- 34.5"
  • Bicep- 10.75"

My Non-Food Rewards:

• 3x a week at Crossfit 2102blk-w232h232z1-30227-im-leveling-up.

• Following diet 130px-0%2C400%2C8%2C362-Thor_Vol_2_41.jp

• Sleep DAI_Key_Art_viewimage.jpg

Level 2 Bralani Eladrin

STR 2.5 | DEX 0 | STA 5.5 | CON 2.5 | WIS 4 | CHA 1

Challenge: 1, 2

Disciplining yourself to do what you know is right and important, although difficult, is the high road to pride, self-esteem, and personal satisfaction.

~Margaret Thatcher

i love your reward system.

You might notice that someone has added a tag to your post.  This is not to box you into a corner but rather because your goals or lifestyle have links to the guild you've been tagged and we'd like to bring you to the attention of one of their guild ambassadors. These ambassadors will be able to offer you advice, encouragement and support on your goals.  You don't even have to wait around for them to come introduce themselves to you, you are more than welcome to pop into the Rangers' board and introduce yourself to the guildies there. I am also around to answer any questions that you might have so do not hesitate to PM me.

Good Luck with your challenge

AB xx

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Mini Challenge Week 1 Get SMART

I do like the classic TV series reference  :smile-new:.

1. Yes, my overall quest is reasonable and achievable. I have lost about 2% body fat since the beginning of the year which is approximately 6 weeks.
  2. My quests do build towards my main quest.
  3. I believe my goals are realistic.
  4. I will track base on doing strength training workout 3x a week, following the Zone diet and making recommended changes based on how the food I eat helps my performance, my UP band tracks total time actually asleep.
  5. B or higher results in the corresponding reward. I have updated my original post to include my grading scale and attributes assigned to each goal.
  6. Since last time I participated in a challenge illness knocked me out I learned that as soon as symptoms start I need to scale back my work load and adjust my goals until the flare ends.
  7. I now live 3 hours from my family and friends, so I have more control over what activities I participate in.  At work my coworkers are really good about helping and encouraging people to stay healthy and committed to their goals.
  8. No, my goals work together
  9. I have been streamlining my routine since I have to be at work by 6:30AM, so I have time in the evening.  I will have to adjust for the Crossfit, but I can do class work at anytime.
  10. I have been working on my diet for sometime now so for this challenge I am focusing on finding the right fit for my needs.  I have been careful with my sleep schedule because I don't have a consistent circadian rhythm and can go off track quickly for this challenge I want to continue the work I have started and not lose that health aspect.  I am starting to work on strength training during this challenge, so that is the new habit that I need to focus on.

Day 1

Sleep- 6 hours and 50 minutes of actual time asleep, so 97% of my goal.  A for the day.

Strength- Crossfit tomorrow after work.  I am all set to go straight from work to the gym, so no excuses. Pass day.

School- Worked on my research paper for an hour.  This is the class that is holding me back.  I write business reports all day and coming home to the same thing sucks, but once I make it through this week I should be done with the class. A for the day.

Sustenance- Breakfast was good and felt like a lot of food.  I could feel the difference in my mental focus and the fullness helped me resist the temptation to get Starbucks with my coworkers  :smile-new:. Lunch was standard fare, but I felt hungry after about 3 hours normally this isn't the case I think it is because I have cut out most of my snacking.  I am going to try changing the protein and measuring the carbs instead of eyeballing it.  My afternoon snack got me back on track focus and fullness wise, but I waited to long between snack and dinner.  Since tomorrow I am going straight to the gym I will bring my snack to work and eat it on my way to the gym.  This should put me at about the right time for dinner.  Dinner today felt like the right amount of food.  My before bed snack is ready and we will see how I feel in the morning AKA will a get up with my alarm or hit snooze. A for the day.

Sif

Level 2 Bralani Eladrin

Disciplining yourself to do what you know is right and important, although difficult, is the high road to pride, self-esteem, and personal satisfaction.

~Margaret Thatcher

Day 2

Sleep- 6 hours and 40 minutes of actual time asleep which is 95% of goal.  It took me over double the time to fall asleep than last night, so I will see if this pattern continues on non-workout days and adjust accordingly. A for the day.

Strength- 1st day of crossfit.  If was pure conditioning today and it kicked my a$$.  I am going again on Thursday.  Depending on scheduling I amy end up doing a workout at home on Saturday.  If I do I will repeat today's workout and see if I can complete it. A for the day.

School- Worked on my research paper for an hour. I completed more than I thought I would and got through the boggy areas, so now I can hopefully just write and crank the paper part out.

Sustenance- Breakfast was a repeat of yesterday since it went well.  Lunch went better today with the good protein. I am adding more carbs for tomorrow to see if I can dial in this meal. Snack worked well at about 1/2 an hour before crossfit.  It got me through the workout and home to dinner.  Dinner was also a repeat from yesterday.  Yesterday's bed time snack actually helped me feel more energized in the morning.  I could have slept in because I had a late start day at work, but I got up on time and had breakfast at home and completed some other tasks.

Level 2 Bralani Eladrin

~Margaret Thatcher

Day 3

Sleep- 6 hours and 55 minutes, so 98% of goal.  I thought I was going to be closer after the workout. A for the day.

Strength- Recovery day.  I did try to do as much activity as I could to prevent soreness, but my job required a lot of sitting today and now I am feeling yesterday.

School- Worked on my research paper for an hour.  I am down to four and a half sections left before I can turn the whole project in.

Sustenance- Today was grocery shopping day, so I bought some new foods to mix up my routine and keep it interesting.  Lunch is were I am having the most difficulty with finding the right balance, so tomorrow I am going to try a different approach and see if that helps.

imgres 1

Level 2 Bralani Eladrin

~Margaret Thatcher

Day 4

Sleep- 6 hours and 40 minutes of sleep which is 95% of my goal. So far I have been pretty consistent on non workout days, but I am going to give it a couple more days before I try to adjust anything.

Strength- 2nd day of crossfit and it was another cardio day :( . I have learned that I am most definitely not in cardiovascular shape.  I have decided that I am going to consider this plethora of cardio as an opportunity to improve a weakness.  I really would like to lift things, but that will come.

School- I finished the paper portion of the course I am working on, so now I have to complete a powerpoint presentation about the paper.  Hopefully tomorrow I can submit everything for evaluation and it doesn't come back for revision.

Sustenance- My new approach to lunch went really well. I haven't gotten my version of coffee in over a week and unlike before I started the Zone I don't feel like I have to have the caffeine to survive the work day.  We had a birthday celebration at work with tiramisu, cookies, and ice cream. I attended the celebration by wasn't even tempted to have some.  It helped that I knew I was going to crossfit and I refuse to look at the WOD before I go because I didn't want to feel like crap during the workout.

imgres 2

Level 2 Bralani Eladrin

~Margaret Thatcher

Following along! I'm looking forward to hearing about your "sustenance" plan and also your sleep patterns. I struggle with getting enough sleep as well!

Good luck!

The first day I was writing everything out and I went through my list and saw all s words except for diet so that had to change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Level 2 Bralani Eladrin

~Margaret Thatcher

Day 5

Sleep- 6 hours and 58 minutes which is 98% of goal. I tend to do better on workout days which makes sense, now I need to find a way to do the same on non workout days. A for the day.

Strength- Recovery day. Tomorrow is a morning class, so hopefully I can get going in time. If not I will either repeat Tuesday's workout of 200m and as many burpees as possible in 2 minutes x5 or the 2.5 mile "run" I did on Thursday.

School- Research project is turned in!!!!!  :onthego:  Fingers crossed that it doesn't come back for revisions. On to macroeconomics which I almost tested out of, so with an hour a day I should be able to get it done by the end of term on April 1st.

Sustenance- Really good day all my meals were balanced and I kept my mental focus and hunger levels at the correct amounts for the recommended 4 to 5 hours. Of course now that I have everything set I used up all of the protein that I was using.  So now I will try with a different protein source and get that one set.  Fridays are hard at work because most of my coworkers use it as their reward day (they get their one Starbucks per week on Friday) and a group goes out for pizza at lunch, so I did feel a little deprived today.  I rewarded myself with an apple cinnamon herbal tea, so that was a win. 

I am developing my plan for next week.  Tuesday we have a long, boring training meeting and we are having pizza. I am going to only eat 1-2 slices of a meat lovers pizza which should balance the carbs, protein, and fat.  Wednesday I have a volunteer orientation during my normal dinner, so I am going to eat my afternoon snack right before I go to that and have dinner all ready when I get back.  Thursday I have a meeting during my normal crossfit time to help the team meet a huge deadline and there will probably be a lot of snacky foods there.  My plan is since it goes 3 hours past my normal work schedule I will come in late and do crossfit in the morning.

imgres 3

• Like 1

Level 2 Bralani Eladrin

~Margaret Thatcher

Day 6

Sleep- 8 hours and 14 minutes which is 117% of goal.  I love the weekends :) . I sill woke up at a decent time instead of my normal noon weekend wakeup.

Strength- I didn't make it to class today, but I did the 2.5 mile "run". I also downloaded the Zombies, run app and I think I will start walking/running around the lake on my days off because I miss being able to run like I use to.

School- One chapter of macro done and a study plan developed.  My research project should get graded tomorrow, so we will see if I need to do any revisions.

Sustenance- My meals were balanced, but I was off on the timing. Considering on weekends I normally eat a snack and maybe one meal this was a win. I even drove pas my fast food drug of choice and was okay.

imgres 4

• Like 1

Level 2 Bralani Eladrin

~Margaret Thatcher

Looks like you are really getting in to the swing of things! Way to go!

I'm also curious what you think of the Zombies, run! app, I've heard nothing but good things about it so far.

Battle Log: I escaped the labyrinth, now what?

Current Challenge: She shoots… she hits a tree! Whoops.

--------------------------------------

Level 0 Minotaur

~Recruit~

STR: 0 || DEX: 0 || STA: 0 || CON: 0 || WIS: 0 || CHA: 0

Day 7

Sleep- 9 hours and 17 minutes which is 132% of goal. A for the week.

Strength- I did my first Zombies, run! "run" today. I liked that it pushed me to actually run at times instead of just saying I will run at the next lamp post and then not following through.  Thankfully it did not have me actually run up the switchbacks. I did my 3 workouts even if most of them were cardio that is what was prescribed. A for the week.

School- I got my research project back and I passed  :redface-new:. I really wanted to reward myself and that normally means fast food or junk food, but instead I got all my to-dos done for the day and played Skyrim. I did two sections of my macro course so no I have 12/15 sections left. I have studied for the hour per day that I had set out for myself for the whole week. A for the week.

Sustenance- I did better on timing today.  What I ended up doing was when I wrote my to-do list for the day I also wrote when I would eat which helped me not to get sidetracked by projects. A for the week

Week 1 Measurements/Reflections

Weight- 141.6 +2lbs

Body Fat- 27.2% +1%

Hips- 41" No Change

Waist- 30.75" -1.25"

Thighs- 22.5" -0.5"

Chest- 34.5" No Change

Bicep- 11" +0.25"

The body fat went in the wrong direction, but as I said yesterday normally on weekends I do not eat and than on Sunday I weigh in/get my body fat percentage.  One of the things I have discovered this week is that in the past I was not eating enough food and specifically not enough protein.  I think as I balance this out that number will go down. I am also super excited about the waist and thighs going down  :tennis:

When my boss found out I was starting crossfit she suggested I take before pictures, so this week I did.  I also discovered why it would be helpful to have a full length mirror somewhere in my apartment.  So here are my before pictures:

Before 2

Before 1

Sorry for the blanket backdrop I did a couple without it and I blended in to the door.

imgres 5

• Like 1

Level 2 Bralani Eladrin

~Margaret Thatcher

Day 8

Sleep- 6 hours and 56 minutes which is 99% of goal. A for the day.

Strength- No Crossfit today.  I did go around the lake and followed the Zombies, run! app.  I have discovered that once it hits radio mode I need to motivate my self to actually run because it will not create zombies in that mode until you do. It was quieter around the lake today since the tourists tend to only come out on the weekends, but since I went at around five all the downtown restaurants smelled so good.  Worth it for the views

IMG 0544

School- I finished another chapter in macro.  I was going to do the additional problems, but I think with reviewing the terms that enough of the information came back to me and I should be good.

Sustenance- Today was good since I was on site by myself it was easy not to get distracted by treats.  Tomorrow I have a meeting at work and they are bringing pizza.  I have decided to limit myself to at max 2 pieces of a meat lovers since that should balance out the carbs and protein. 

imgres 6

Level 2 Bralani Eladrin

~Margaret Thatcher

Day 9

Sleep- 6 hours and 50 minutes which is 97% of my goal. A for the day.

Strength- Crossfit today and I finally got to lift B) . They haven't started me on the foundations course yet, they still have some people from last time going through.  I did explosive deadlifts with the 35lb bar and snatchs with a pvc pipe after running 50m.  This was the scaled version of the scaled version, but I am learning that I can't compete with were I used to be instead I need to work on improving were I am.

School- I finished another chapter of macro, so I am about halfway through the course.  I should be able to get completely through within 2 weeks and than start on the next.

Sustenance- Today was not so good. We had a four our training so there was pizza, cookies, and salad.  I originally grabbed one slice of pizza, some salad, and a cookie.  Which was okay because it was roughly balanced between fat, carbs, and protein. Since most of the carbs were in grain form I was not filling up, so I grabbed a couple more slices of pizza which I regretted quickly.  Thursday will be interesting because I have a meeting/celebration for finishing the biggest contract my office does every year at a restaurant.  So I am going to check the menu online and know what I am ordering when I walk in and I am going to try to squeeze in a run between when I get off work and the meeting starts which is about an hour. I am giving myself a C for the day.

Since my body fat percentage went up this week I have been double checking it on a daily basis.  It has jumped up to 29%, so I ran a few other calculators and they all say the same.  Since my main goal is to drop the body fat percentage I reviewed the Zone plan which says at about two weeks you should re-evaluate. To stay on track with my goal I need to drop the amount of food I am eating per day to two blocks per meal and see if that helps.

imgres

Level 2 Bralani Eladrin

~Margaret Thatcher

Day 10

Sleep- 6 hours and 27 minutes which is 92% of goal. A for the day.

Strength- Rest day due to schedules and meetings not even a run.

School- I got through a chapter in macro.  I tried to read some of the text while I was waiting for my meeting to start, but everyone around me was talking which was distracting.  It was late when I finally got home and a struggle to get through the chapter.

Sustenance- For dinner I did cut down my intake.  I didn't for breakfast and lunch because I had already packed those before I did my math last night. I thought I would prepare myself for tomorrow's meeting/celebration by looking at the menu and finding the healthiest option.  That may have been a mistake because food in particular they have reubens which are my absolute favorite of all time and its at a brewery so they have their own beers another favorite thing of mine.  I am also trying to fit a run in between when I get off work and when I need to meet everyone, so the hunger level may lead me astray.  

x22680

Level 2 Bralani Eladrin

~Margaret Thatcher

As I have done before, I forgot to actually follow your thread after I commented!  You are totally rocking this challenge, I'm so impressed!  It's great that you're so reflective.  I wouldn't worry too much about the body fat % right away, especially as you mentioned it takes a couple weeks with a change in diet.  I always find that when I start eating "healthier" and exercising again, my weight fluctuates quite a bit in the beginning before it settles down and starts decreasing.  I've never checked my body fat %, but perhaps it's the same with that, too.  

Keep it up!

High Wood Elf - Level 2

STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 6.5 | WIS: 7 | CHA: 1

Current Challenge:  2.2  Past Challenges:  2.1  1        A little about me . . .

Can't wait to follow this!

-S t a r . R u b y -

"I AM AN ETERNAL FLAME, BABY!"

heatherallyse

str: 1, dex: 1, sta: 1, con: 3.5, wis: 3.0, cha: 1.5

Challenge Chapter I : Exit, Blerch : Chapter II : Enter, Self : Chapter III : Phoenix Ascendant 

Challenge Zombie Arc: 2016 - Infected : Infected, Part II : Typhoid Ruby (Infected, pt II continued)

Hey, look! It's the completely awesome Battle Log I keep neglecting!

Day 11

Sleep- 6 hours and 54 minutes which is 98% of goal.

Strength- I didn't do crossfit because of my get together, but I did fit in a run.

School- Since I didn't get home until 8 and I was beyond tired I did not read a chapter.

Sustenance- I did well while at work and I got rid of some of my chocolate stash by giving some away.  At the get together I did have a beer, a rueben, and fries.  So not the best day for eating. I would give it about a C.

I didn't post yesterday because I was so tired. 

x22675

Level 2 Bralani Eladrin

~Margaret Thatcher

Day 12

Sleep- 10 hours and 4 minutes which is 143% of goal.

Strength- Because of the Open, the box's schedule is a little weird right now, so I ran instead.  I am not sure how much I like the Zombies, run! app.  I have chases enabled so that it will tell me when to run and yet it never makes me run during an episode, so that is kind of disappointing. 

School- I read two chapters today to make up for missing yesterday.  Tomorrow I will take the practice assessment and hopefully be ready to take the actual test.

Sustenance- Today was really good. I had the day off from work, so a treated my eating schedule like a weekend and wrote down when I was going to eat which seems to help a lot. 

x22663

Level 2 Bralani Eladrin

~Margaret Thatcher

Day 13

Sleep- 8 hours and 18 minutes which is 118% of goal.

Strength- Run day. 

School- Took and passed my macroeconomics class, which means I have 1 more class to finish to meet my goal. 

Sustenance- Today was a good day.  I have gotten the timing down better for weekends, so that has helped.

x22648

• Like 1

Level 2 Bralani Eladrin

~Margaret Thatcher

Wow great challenge. I'll follow you. I like the way you structure this.

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!