ItsDaniel | Calls For A Mulligan

Balthazar

So week one has gone great.

Managed to get at least 60 minutes of activity in every day, most of it was spent in the gym - but that's ok

I'm actually starting to enjoy my time in the gym thanks to a couple of bro's.

They always come in the gym and look the absolute shit

they are pretty ripped, they're tanned, hair styled, their workout gear probably costs more than my house and I suspect their water bottle is filled with unicorn tears, they come in and work in together doing reps around the gym - and to be fair to them they don't take photos of themselves in the mirror, shout brocouragement at each other or play their music that loud everyone in 10ft of their head phones can hear it.

But anyways they happened to be in at the weekend when I snuck in a bonus session after my tiling course. Had got up at 6 on my day off and been tiling all day, finished a little early so took the hour drive home and thought 

GYM TIME

They were there doing their thang on the lat pull machine - which just so happened to be what I was going on next

And I was thinking 'great I'm going to get over their after them, I'll have to lower the weight because they're ripped, they'll probably see and I'll look like a knob'

I know the gym isn't a competition BUT IT IS A COMPETITION!!! I literally compete at everything in my life, from who can wash their car the fastest to who can drink a glass of ribena the quickest - I dunno maybe I'm weird

Anyways I get there and find that contrary to my belief I in fact have to put the weight UP

Me the guy who goes to the gym in a Tshirt covered in dried cement and adhesive and shorts splattered with paint, me the guy who doesn't even own a fucking water bottle and goes and drinks from the sink in the bathroom like a dog, me the guy who has spent the last ten years fucking about in and out of gyms with no idea what I'm doing

Is actually doing something right

Has actually made some progress and is starting to clamber past the bros and crush them under my worn down £10 trainers.

It was kind of the icing on the cake. I started this challenge half way through the last challenge so have been doing my thing for about 5 weeks now, and throughout the week I have been starting to feel stronger and more limber.

It's hard to explain but I feel more bullet proof? as though my body is finally starting to work the way it should. Also I think I am beginning to physically see a difference in the mirror. It might just be me but my face and legs are looking more defined.

Anyways to celebrate my 5 weeks of effort, I thought I would treat myself to something.

So after recently discovering the visual crack cocaine that is Friday Night Lights I have purchase a Panthers tshirt from amazon that I will use for working out in. So I will now have 1 piece of clothing whose purpose is for exercise!

i can't even express how awesome this is. you deserve to treat yourself.

keep on killing it.

• Like 1

Aaah! I can totally imagine that feeling!! THAT'S REALLY AWESOME!!!

It's not being competitive, it's just enjoying the little ego boosts that life throws at us once in a while ^_^

Great job on your first week as well!! :D

• Like 1

Dancing Sylph - Level 9 Monk/Druid

Former Captain of the Nerdians of the Fitalaxy

Current Challenge

"E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle" - We came forth, and once more saw the stars, Dante

So week one has gone great.

Managed to get at least 60 minutes of activity in every day, most of it was spent in the gym - but that's ok

I'm actually starting to enjoy my time in the gym thanks to a couple of bro's.

They always come in the gym and look the absolute shit

they are pretty ripped, they're tanned, hair styled, their workout gear probably costs more than my house and I suspect their water bottle is filled with unicorn tears, they come in and work in together doing reps around the gym - and to be fair to them they don't take photos of themselves in the mirror, shout brocouragement at each other or play their music that loud everyone in 10ft of their head phones can hear it.

But anyways they happened to be in at the weekend when I snuck in a bonus session after my tiling course. Had got up at 6 on my day off and been tiling all day, finished a little early so took the hour drive home and thought

GYM TIME

They were there doing their thang on the lat pull machine - which just so happened to be what I was going on next

And I was thinking 'great I'm going to get over their after them, I'll have to lower the weight because they're ripped, they'll probably see and I'll look like a knob'

I know the gym isn't a competition BUT IT IS A COMPETITION!!! I literally compete at everything in my life, from who can wash their car the fastest to who can drink a glass of ribena the quickest - I dunno maybe I'm weird

Anyways I get there and find that contrary to my belief I in fact have to put the weight UP

Me the guy who goes to the gym in a Tshirt covered in dried cement and adhesive and shorts splattered with paint, me the guy who doesn't even own a fucking water bottle and goes and drinks from the sink in the bathroom like a dog, me the guy who has spent the last ten years fucking about in and out of gyms with no idea what I'm doing

Is actually doing something right

Has actually made some progress and is starting to clamber past the bros and crush them under my worn down £10 trainers.

It was kind of the icing on the cake. I started this challenge half way through the last challenge so have been doing my thing for about 5 weeks now, and throughout the week I have been starting to feel stronger and more limber.

It's hard to explain but I feel more bullet proof? as though my body is finally starting to work the way it should. Also I think I am beginning to physically see a difference in the mirror. It might just be me but my face and legs are looking more defined.

Anyways to celebrate my 5 weeks of effort, I thought I would treat myself to something.

So after recently discovering the visual crack cocaine that is Friday Night Lights I have purchase a Panthers tshirt from amazon that I will use for working out in. So I will now have 1 piece of clothing whose purpose is for exercise!

Very good work sir, good work indeed haha.

That is so awesome!! I'm so glad your hard work is paying off and you're seeing results out in the world :)  Also, the description of them in the beginning of your post made me laugh out loud so much that I had to read it aloud to my boyfriend hahah. Great job last week!

Awesome! It's great to see your hard work paying off and I'm glad you're representing for those of us who work out to look better in the end, not to just look great while we're doing it! 

thank you

although I'm concerned i'm starting to look like the gym crazy person who always comes in tramp clothes and grimaces in the dark weights corner

So glad you've had a good first week.

And this ^, this is awesome. 

It's got me pretty motivated to power things up a gear, next thing I need to get under control will be nutrition. At the minute I just shovel things in my face that I assume are vaguely healthy, but there isn't really any planning going in to it

• Like 2

i can't even express how awesome this is. you deserve to treat yourself.

keep on killing it.

thanks dude!

Aaah! I can totally imagine that feeling!! THAT'S REALLY AWESOME!!!

It's not being competitive, it's just enjoying the little ego boosts that life throws at us once in a while ^_^

Great job on your first week as well!! :D

heya, thank you very much

• Like 1

That is so awesome!! I'm so glad your hard work is paying off and you're seeing results out in the world :)  Also, the description of them in the beginning of your post made me laugh out loud so much that I had to read it aloud to my boyfriend hahah. Great job last week!

lol

someone wrote something last week that made me snort tea all over my keyboard and had the MD call across to my office asking what the ruckus was

• Like 1

So the exercise goal is going well so far, still feeling things out a little bit, but starting to figure out what's working for me.

And tonight I am going to take a look at my first potential tiling job and give a quote, not really got much of an idea of how long it will take me to do something and to price accordingly so I imagine I will provide a price that is ridiculously cheap.

Although if I get the job it will provide some useful experience

• Like 4

So the exercise goal is going well so far, still feeling things out a little bit, but starting to figure out what's working for me.

And tonight I am going to take a look at my first potential tiling job and give a quote, not really got much of an idea of how long it will take me to do something and to price accordingly so I imagine I will provide a price that is ridiculously cheap.

Although if I get the job it will provide some useful experience

I know it's hard to price your own work but don't be tempted undervalue it. Try not to undersell yourself, this is your business, remember! You're a badass tiler, living in the tiler days.

• Like 2

The Sarcastic Computator

although I'm concerned i'm starting to look like the gym crazy person who always comes in tramp clothes and grimaces in the dark weights corner

Is this a bad thing?

Embrace it.

• Like 5

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

Is this a bad thing?

Embrace it.

^^ 100% THIS! Who cares what you look like in the gym? As long as you are kicking ass, it doesn't matter what you wear while doing it. And don't worry about the guy's that are dolled up to the nines in expensive gear, they are probably too busy staring at themselves to even notice anyone else.

• Like 2

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

Is this a bad thing?

Embrace it.

i second LadyShello. going against the grain is rarely a bad thing.

• Like 2

I've spent that much time planning and programming, typing numbers and filling in spreadsheets to make THE OPTIMUM WORKOUT that it's sucked all of the fun out of everything.

Also, let's face facts, last time I hopped on some scales I was 300lbs, at this stage just being regularly active is going to be awesome, without the need to get bogged down in programming stuff and then losing my shit if I miss a workout or am one second out of what I did the week before.

I used to enjoy just being active so it's time to bring that back.

The goal is super simple - 60 minutes of physical activity every day. Whether it's cardio at the gym, tossing the pig skin, hiking, playing badminton, working the punch bag or physical work

Whatever - 60 minutes of activity each and every day, whatever it is, no matter the cost. If my day looks like it will be too full then I'll just sleep less.

Quest Two - MFP

Started off last quest logging things in MFP, and the idea for that challenge was only to log things, not get carried away if I went under or over what MFP said I should have, but to just get used to logging

However I started to get neurotic about the numbers so I dropped the challenge before I went full psycho

But now I've got my shit together I want to get back to tracking - purely just tracking on MFP, every day

Not trying to get my intake to match the target numbers or anything like that. Just 6 weeks to get in the habit of logging

Sounds great! I know what you mean on getting too into precise programmed everything and having no fun. Which is a shame, because moving feels good, and can be fun. I heartily endorse your goals!

• Like 1

Tzippi Longstockings, level 9 Ranger/Monk 

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

MamaBear Kiss Off Waterbending Rounding <<Current

That is great! Bulletproof is an excellent feeling, and believe me that others are seeing your body changing, maybe faster than you do.

I have a Tough Mudder tee for shortsleeve weather, and this baseball-style shirt arriving soon:

cpb-wtnv-spiderwolves.jpg

Go (fictional) team!

• Like 2

Tzippi Longstockings, level 9 Ranger/Monk 

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

MamaBear Kiss Off Waterbending Rounding <<Current

Panthers tshirt came last night

was so

freakin

excited

So naturally was in the gym first thing this morning, swagger levels over 9,000. Cheeky little bit of cardio and then back and shoulders weights workout, felt gooooooooooooooooooood

tonight thanks to the good eating so far this week I'm cooking DFC (Dan Fried Chicken), American Bacon (English bacon is different) and home made chipotle spiced wedges

To say I am excited is an understatement

• Like 8

tonight thanks to the good eating so far this week I'm cooking DFC (Dan Fried Chicken), American Bacon (English bacon is different) and home made chipotle spiced wedges

*Jumps in car and heads for the M1*. I'll be there in time for dinner..  :playful:

Great to hear you're so positive and that things are going well. There must be something in the British air today, I just danced around my living room like a nutter to Billy Ocean.

• Like 1

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"