ItsDaniel | Calls For A Mulligan

Balthazar

Also, kudos for subtly asking your work for a microwave, that's the best strategy I think, hehe!

I told them we either get a microwave or I am going to try and get a Marketing Department hot tub through expenses from which to host sales and marketing meetings

• Like 3

An office hot-tub eh? Would I want to see any of my work colleagues in budgie-smugglers? Um, No! *shudder* I couldn't live without a microwave at work as I like to make extra food in the evening and have it for lunch the next day. 

I've started making salads for lunch too, but I find I have to pack them with a good mix of carbs and protein or I'm hungry within an hour of eating. 

I made this lovely salad the other day. Roasted chicken thighs, rice, raw carrot and beetroot (both grated), baby spinach, kale and cherry tomatoes. I mixed the grated carrot and beetroot with the rice and it made it nice and sweet (and pink!). I then made a simple dressing of olive oil, lemon juice and honey and poured that over everything. It was delicious.

• Like 2

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

I told them we either get a microwave or I am going to try and get a Marketing Department hot tub through expenses from which to host sales and marketing meetings

A work microwave makes things easier, unless they do what our place did, commercial 1600watt with no notice about it being crazy powerful and telling nobody. Several people ruined lunches and one guy nearly caused a fire evacuation cremating his microchips.
  • Like 3

Another one of mine was a bagel, a slice of cheese, a bacon rasher and a potato waffle, and then repeat back down the line.

Spoiler - I got fat. 

• Like 1

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Hey man is this your new challenge thread!?!? Been meaning to catch up with you bro. Hope everythings going good!

Also the pbp rpg adventure I was running just ended and we should be kicking off another one in the near future. Right here on the forums! Was wondering if you'd be interested!

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Battle Log | The Return Arc - [1] [2] [3] [4] <--Current Challenge

Another one of mine was a bagel, a slice of cheese, a bacon rasher and a potato waffle, and then repeat back down the line.

Spoiler - I got fat. 

yea I hear ya. Trying to get a good relationship with food I think is my biggest challenge that I don't honestly know how to accomplish.

I obviously know what I am supposed to do, but I just can't seem to consistently apply myself correctly, I don't know how to make the mental shift to getting it right.

Hey man is this your new challenge thread!?!? Been meaning to catch up with you bro. Hope everythings going good!

Also the pbp rpg adventure I was running just ended and we should be kicking off another one in the near future. Right here on the forums! Was wondering if you'd be interested!

Hey there, I thought you'd abandoned me!

a new rpg sounds great, I'll swing by and take a look

• Like 1

Me either, though I can't say I was ever a huge fan of them, how'd things?

Not going as well as I'd wanted to be honest

In terms of exercise I had been doing great all challenge, exercising every day for about an hour, mostly in the gym but also some badminton, basketball and tossing the football. Was starting to ease myself back into the weights again

Then last week at work was absolute bullshit. I'm the newest person in the company at my level of seniority, the rest have all been with the company a long time, are a lot older but less qualified than me and are very tight knit.

Glacier slow they have been manouvering things to put me in a position where I make a ready scapegoat for any future business plans that go wrong. I only stumbled across it by accident at the end of the week before last, in a strange moment of clarity I saw what was happening. 

There is no one to go to with what I figured out (it's only my assumption and not fact), so no one I can ask for help.

So last week I was waging a one man war against most of colleagues, bullet proofing all of my work and my department by flat out out working everyone else by a country mile and then by finding chinks in their work so if things get heated I can pull the right threads and watch them unravel. 

I feel happier now that I am on solid ground but needless to say last week was bullshit. I was in the office doing 12 hour days every day and when I wasn't at work or sleeping I was still thinking about it, raging about it

So, and it's not an excuse I suppose, no workouts got done for 8 days in a row, until this saturday when I was all sorted out I played some badminton

But it's ruined my routine, so this morning when I was meant to be getting up early to go to the gym I just seemed glued to the mattress, I couldn't bring myself to get up and get to it like I have the rest of the challenge.

I need to get the routine back but now I have 8 days worth of anti-gains built up I know it's going to suck when I get back to the gym

• Like 3

Not going as well as I'd wanted to be honest

In terms of exercise I had been doing great all challenge, exercising every day for about an hour, mostly in the gym but also some badminton, basketball and tossing the football. Was starting to ease myself back into the weights again

Then last week at work was absolute bullshit. I'm the newest person in the company at my level of seniority, the rest have all been with the company a long time, are a lot older but less qualified than me and are very tight knit.

Glacier slow they have been manouvering things to put me in a position where I make a ready scapegoat for any future business plans that go wrong. I only stumbled across it by accident at the end of the week before last, in a strange moment of clarity I saw what was happening. 

There is no one to go to with what I figured out (it's only my assumption and not fact), so no one I can ask for help.

So last week I was waging a one man war against most of colleagues, bullet proofing all of my work and my department by flat out out working everyone else by a country mile and then by finding chinks in their work so if things get heated I can pull the right threads and watch them unravel. 

I feel happier now that I am on solid ground but needless to say last week was bullshit. I was in the office doing 12 hour days every day and when I wasn't at work or sleeping I was still thinking about it, raging about it

So, and it's not an excuse I suppose, no workouts got done for 8 days in a row, until this saturday when I was all sorted out I played some badminton

But it's ruined my routine, so this morning when I was meant to be getting up early to go to the gym I just seemed glued to the mattress, I couldn't bring myself to get up and get to it like I have the rest of the challenge.

I need to get the routine back but now I have 8 days worth of anti-gains built up I know it's going to suck when I get back to the gym

i think you'll bounce back just fine man. 8 days off can be used to recharge the battery

I obviously know what I am supposed to do, but I just can't seem to consistently apply myself correctly, I don't know how to make the mental shift to getting it right.

This^

I identify with this SO much. Occasionally it's like a switch is flipped and I'll be consistently great for like six weeks in a row, and fat'll just melt off me.

Other times it's like banging my head against a brick wall for six months at a time...

• Like 2

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: #OperationWeddingSuit

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 

Honestly man sometimes everyone falls out of the habit, sometimes you do just need another hour in bed. Doesn't matter that it happened in the long run, as long as you don't give up.

• Like 1

hey guys, managed to get the gym back on track thanks to your messages and the man - russell crowe

It can be quite hard to find fitness advice for someone, who seems at least, to have my body type (if you subscribe to that stuff) of being an endomorph.

There seems to be lots of fitness advice for skinny guys trying to get big, and lots of advice for people who are already fit to get more fit (pretty much everything in fitness magazines), and even some for big guys who are just looking to lose weight whatever the cost

But not much for big guys for whom losing weight isn't the sole concern, but more that they want a fit, healthy and athletic physique.

whether you believe in endo-, ecto-, mesomorphs or not, I find it easy to 'put it on' whether that is fat or whether it is muscle, my body seems to be built for size. I know that back in high school even when I was down to around 15% body fat I weighed in at 210lbs. And I know when I got in to weights my starting weight was higher than my friends. And I know that the second I stop eating well and exercising fat balloons upwards in an almost comically fast fashion.

Well it seems from what I can tell that Mr Crowe is the same. When he behaves himself because he has a movie coming up he gets the physique we see in 
Gladiator, Noah and to a degree Robin Hood

But when he hasn't got a movie coming up and he lays off the exercise and healthy eating his shape quickly changes into an overweight middle aged man.

So I figure that's kind of where I am (other than middle aged). If I don't do anything the similarities between Crowe's unhealthy body shape and my body shape are strong, in fact they could be identical with different heads on top, so my hope and motivation is that if I put the work in then I know what type of bodyshape I could end up with

• Like 8

I know what you mean mate, there isn't a ton of literature for guys looking to add a bit of muscle. A lot of it in general terms is geared towards very over or underweight or Mr average 170lbs 5'9.

I'd recommend looking at a few bodybuilding programs, they seem more in tune with your physique goals than most general fitness sites.

• Like 1

Hum ..... it's tough to be the consistent, gradual gainer.  It's not sexy and won't sell magazines ... so you may need to do your own thing. 

• Like 2

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

For my lunches I pack a bento (usually inspired by http://justbento.com/), then a big tupperware thing full of lettuce. The bento has densely packed protein and some carbs (it's mostly roasted or curried or roasted curried chickpeas and quinoa with roasted veggies - I don't get sick of that). I then either eat the lettuce plain, or drizzle a bit of vinegar over it. I also like to do an "instant salade nicoise" by packing 2 hard boiled eggs, a can of tuna, some vegetables, a huge tub of shredded lettuce (I'm with you - shredded lettuce tastes way better than big leaves, for some reason), and maybe some leguminousness (roasted chickpea croutons!). Combine, with some boiled potatoes, and eat salade nicoise. 

Forgive my lack of the cute little tail off the bottom of the "c" in nicoise - I have a Japanese computer and cannot be bothered to learn how to add diacritics on it.

Anyway, looks like you are doing great!

• Like 1

Tzippi Longstockings, level 9 Ranger/Monk 

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

MamaBear Kiss Off Waterbending Rounding <<Current

hey raxie

life fell off the deep end at the start of last week, so it has been a fortnights worth of bullshit

this week I have used holiday at work to go and do work elsewhere to make more money but everything kinda jumped off the deep end, no worries I'm back now

• Like 1

DANIEL'S BACK!!!!

Good to see you again dude. Sorry to hear you've had a rough couple of weeks. I hope things have started to get better? 

New challenge starting soon, no better time for a fresh start.

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"